EMOTIONS

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

EMOTIONS | 3

Blaze's POV

It was when I stood up, that I felt something inside ripping me apart. I have totally forgotten this little piece of buried under my chest. I tried to grab a hold of it, but it stung. I had to fight ears that were starting to well up in my eyes. "Damn this is not good." I said, as I attempted once again to remove it from my chest. 
I couldn't. I might as well bathe in acid than pull this off. 

"Just what kind of sorcery is this really?" I muttered under my breath. 

"That's the white oak stake." someone nonchalantly replied.

"The what?"  I've caught scent of him a while  ago. He was the one who froze XiuMin earlier. But I pretended not to notice. Afterall, it was much more convenient, fighting them off here than going back in that cramped roon. 

Soon the rest followed, with the leader carrying a limp XiuMin in his shoulders. I sighed. Maybe I should have escaped. He is still his comrade afterall. I secretly took a glance at that one boy. That one sole reason why I have't escaped, why I haven't left this place. I shifted my gaze  towards the other one carrying him. Him whom I  was choking a while ago. He won't let him die right?

"It's the white oak stake. It can't kill you, but it can weaken you though"  I was brought back to reality, by the voice of  a young man. It was the mind controller, I thought as eyes my landed to his perfect face. My breath hitched, under the moonlight he was so mesmerizing that a human heart could have melted right at that moment. But I was no human, and there's no ing way I'd succumb to this bastard. 

He raised his hand, and I felt the stake detach from my heart. It was painful, but it was a good kind of pain. Before I could even ask him why, he had completely removed it from my flesh. And I was as good as new. And for a second, I thought everything would be fine. 

 

"This won't kill an original. But it would instantly kill a vampire." 



With that said, he threw the stake towards the last  person  I would want to see hurt. XiuMin.

 


Luhan's POV

I saw it. How she looked at him. It was pure compassion, pure to desire to protect him from harm. She cherished Xiu Min hyung. That  was an emotion right?  I looked at Duizhang. His gaze was too fixed at her that he barely noticed the signs I was giving him. With a final look and hope that he understood what I meant, I flung the stake towards where XiuMin hyung is. 

It would barely take someone a millisecond to stop that thing from piercing XiuMin hyung's chest. Duizhang could have caught it in time. 

But instead, the newborn original was there, blocking the stake with her own chest, like her life depended on it. 
Time stopped even without Tao messing  it. 

I watched as she gripped the stake hard. If I hadn't known that vampires do not pray, I could have sworn by the look in her eyes, by the way her heart thumped wildly in her chest that she would have thanked God for being there in time, 

She was bleeding, rather she was hurting tremendously. That stake was  from a hunter we killed months ago. It was made to torture the originals. It was made to make her kind suffer.

So why, in this bleeding state can I still see happiness in her eyes? 

Luhan was not alone in that realization. Everyone has seen it. The way her eyes changed multiple times during that millisecond- from anger, to fear, to relief to happiness. 

 

They definitely saw emotions flicker instantaneously in those red eyes,  and with that she definitely felt something. They had succeeded.


Her emotions are  finally back on,