64

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

NO ONE'S POV

 

“Hyung eottokhae?” Sehun looked at D.O, his eyes filled with worry. “Ah this is so frustrating! Why can’t we move?”

“Sehunnie, did you notice anything unusual that Kris did before he left? Maybe another weapon from the hunters?” D.O was frustrated as well. But he can’t let his anger mess with his thinking. In a few minutes Blaze would wake up and-

A memory of that day flashed in his head, when Suho was brought down. He had lost consciousness from the pain of being bitten from the neck. He had lost a large amount of blood that if not for Lay, their leader could have been dead.

He shivered. If what Kris said was true, then he and Sehun wouldn’t really be unable to join dinner later.

“Aniyo hyung. There was none.”

“D.O, Sehun?” They heard someone grumbling. As they turned their face to the maiden, she was already rising to her feet. When D.O and Sehun met her eyes, they said to themselves, Oh God we’re going to die.

“Blaze?” Sehun was the first one to recover from the shock. “Gwaenchana?”

 

BLAZE’S POV

 

“Gwaenchana?” I don’t know if I heard Sehun correctly. My throat is burning, my eyes are hurting, and my fangs are protruding. AND THEY ARE HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME.

“Why am I like this Sehun-ah… why am I” as I turned my headI caiught a glimpse of my reflection through the glass cabinet. “Oh no.. no.. no” My eyes were dead black, and veins were all over my face- it was an image of a monster.

“What are you feeling?” I heard Kyungsoo speak,his voice shaking with fear and worry.

I growled. “Shut it D.O. Vampires can smell fear. We are predators. I might rip your head off if I catch your voice with a trace of fear again.” D.O  just looked at me mouth agape. I felt guilty, but I can’t help it. If I want to keep them alive I have to be brutally honest especially now, that my head is filled with nothing but the desire to kill and feed. Just kill and feed.

“Noona” My eyes shifted to Sehun. Unlike D.O , he was unfaced by my presence. He was neither afraid nor worried for his life.

“I am hungry” I said through gritted teeth. “Kris did this didn’t he?” Sehun nodded.

As D.O and Sehun’s scent filled the air I can’t help but be drawn towards their pulsing neck. I gripped the sides of the kitchen counter hard as I remembered what happened the last time I was hungry- that time where  I nearly killed Suho.

My eyes darted from Sehun to D.O, both of them looking so scrumptuous, I had to my lips.

NO. no no no... I can’t hurt them.

“I should leave.” I said, before forcing myself to walk out of the room. If I spend more than a minute in this place I might end up butchering D.O and Sehun.

“Where will you go?” Sehun asked me. I felt a pang of guilt in my gut. Even though I don’t want it. Even though I’ll regret it. There’s nothing I can do. I have to feed. And I will not be able to stop myself.

“You wouldn’t like what I am about to do Sehun.” I told him. “And neither do I” I whispered weakly  before running away as fast as I could.