Meeting the Jungs

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She woke up to the sound of her alarm clock blaring at the side table. It’s six in the morning. Too early. She shut off the sound and disappeared beneath the blankets, snuggling into the warmth that laid beside her. She inhaled the familiar scent of strawberry and smiled.

Ah, just the way she loved it; tucked safely under her lover’s wing and enjoying the cozy atmosphere of the room. Then, she remembered.

‘Oh. My. God.’

She jolted up from the comforts of the bed, the duvet slipping from her bare shoulders and falling onto her lap. She felt cold air sending shivers down her exposed torso and immediately covered herself up with the comforter. She turned to see her fiancé lightly snoring in deep sleep.

She shook him lightly, “Taengoo. Taengoo.”

Her coos were answered by a slight stir. She smiled some before persisting, shaking him lightly on the shoulder, “Taengoo. Wake up.”

He yawned before he extended an arm to circle around her bare waist, pulling her closer to him before he smiled and drifted back to deeper slumber after having satisfied himself with her alluring scent.

She groaned. It was hard for her to wake up but her partner was all the same.

“Taeyeon-ah…” She whined this time, “I’m not going to sleep with you again if you don’t wake up.” She threatened albeit in a soft, serious tone, one that only he could hear.

The man’s eyes shot open and he sat up, stretched his arms and body before planting a soft kiss on her lips as a morning greeting. He smiled sheepishly, the sleepiness still evident on his face, “Morning, princess. I’m up.” He then took a peek of the clock and looked at the brunette questioningly, “It’s too early, Sica.”

Jessica smiled at him, kissing him again before she answered, “We’re meeting my family today, remember?”

He pondered some, before his eyes lit up, “Ah. I remember. We should get ready, love.”

He got off the bed and headed for the bathroom much to Jessica’s amusement.

“Honey…” Jessica called, stifling her chuckle.

Taeyeon turned to face her innocently, unaware of his fiancée’s flustered face once he fully turned to her.

“You look so y when you’re .” She remarked abashedly, her blush deepening as her eyes ravaged the sight before her.

The man realized what she had meant, checking himself out after following Jessica’s line of sight that was roaming all over his front.

“Oh…” Taeyeon released a short laugh after his realization on what she had meant. His eyes made contact with hers and a cheeky grin appeared on his face, “Love, I think it’s better if you should join me in the bathroom,” he wiggles his eyebrows at his fiancée whose smile widens at his suggestion, “Saves time, you know.” He sends her a wink to which Jessica giggled in response.

They make a mad dash for the bathroom and as the door closed, more giggles could be heard.

+++

“Here’s the newly engaged couple!” Krystal announced, a huge grin plastered on her face as she ushered her older sister and Taeyeon into the huge mansion filled with Jungs.

Jessica’s parents gave their would-be-son-in-law a warm hug to which he reciprocated with a wide smile.

“Wow. You’re easily neglecting me already because of him. I’m jealous.” Jessica’s sarcastic remark earned her a few chuckles from her parents.

“Jessica dear, we’re just happy to see Taeng. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen you both.” Jessica’s mom said as she engulfed her eldest daughter in a tight, warm hug to which Jessica easily melted. When they pulled away, Mrs. Jung ran a finger on her daughter’s nose, “And you’re still as sarcastic as ever, my dear.”

The eldest Jung daughter only chuckled in response before she turned her attention to her fiancé. Taeyeon was already interacting with her dad and uncle, much to her delight as she heard a round of laughter coming from their circle.

An arm cozily wrapped around Jessica’s shoulder and she was met with Krystal’s mischievous smile, “So unnie, do tell me. How many little Kims and Jungs are you going to make?”

Her mom was listening in as well, much to Jessica’s dismay.

“I heard from your younger sister that you’ve always been with him every time she visited.” Her mom added, a cheeky smile on her lips, “So, it seems that you two have been inseparable, huh?”

Jessica’s face flushed, she looked away from her interrogators to hide her blush, but her mother leaned in and whispered, “Oh don’t worry, Jessi dear. We already knew from your frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter