Raison d'être (Part 12)

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

12

 

Mouth opens and a gasp escapes as Miyoung finds herself standing in the middle of a large bedroom. It is as big as her whole apartment. Sooyeon chuckles as she observes Miyoung’s reaction. The Tigress settles herself on the queen-sized bed, watching Miyoung as the younger woman stands flabbergasted and rooted to her spot.

 

“Your things are over there at the corner.” Sooyeon points out to the luggage sitting on the corner of the room, effectively awakening Miyoung from her awestruck state.

 

Miyoung turns to look at Sooyeon before her gaze shifts to her luggage, only to revert back to her very amused boss. Swallowing the lump in , Miyoung squeaks out, “T-This is too much. I- It’s too big for me.”

 

Sooyeon smiles, “This will be your quarters during the duration of your stay.” The Tigress stands up from her seat and saunters over to a door and opens it. “This is the in-suite bathroom. You have all the toiletries you need there including towels and a toothbrush.” Miyoung follows after her boss and gasps once more when she finds a large bathtub in it. Sooyeon turns to her with a grin before she passes by the overwhelmed woman, motioning for Miyoung to follow her again.

 

The dazed Miyoung steps out of the bathroom and finds Sooyeon pressing a button near the door. The large crimson curtains move to the side, revealing a panoramic window that allowed natural light into the room. “This button opens and closes the curtains. The one next to it is the light switch.”

 

Miyoung watches the wonderful view of the fields outside the window. “It’s beautiful.” She remarks as she basks in breathtaking view. Footsteps come up behind her and soon enough she feels Sooyeon stand by her side. “It is. That’s where Taeyeon and I used to play with Soojung.” The younger woman can sense the sadness in her boss’ words.

 

Turning to face Sooyeon, she is about to speak her thoughts when the Tigress turns to her and beams a gentle smile. “I’ll show you the walk-in closet.” Miyoung finds her words stuck in at the mention of a built-in closet in the room. She walks after Sooyeon once more as they approach a door near the head of the bed, close to the window.

 

Sooyeon opens the door and saunters in while Miyoung hesitantly comes after her. Standing in the middle of the small room is Sooyeon with a wide grin. Miyoung’s eyes widen at the contents of the room. There are shoes for all occasions lining the shelves on one side of the room; dresses for all seasons hung in neat rows and in accordance to their colors on another side. Another corner displays different two-piece ensembles of various designs from jersey shirts and shorts to plain white shirts and denim pants.

 

“So, what do you think, Miyoung?”

 

“I-I, oh my. I can’t think right now.”

 

Sooyeon laughs at the younger woman’s remark. “You can wear the clothes here. So, you don’t have to worry about your change of clothes. Everything here is quite new. I have my own wardrobe in the master’s bedroom.”

 

“God. This- This is too much, Sooyeon.” Miyoung’s sight lands on the amused woman.

 

“No. It’s nothing, Miyoung.” Sooyeon assures her, patting her shoulder before exiting the wardrobe room. Miyoung stays inside the room for a bit, taking a deep breath before she turns and walks out of the in-suite.

 

“Dinner is served at seven.” Sooyeon smiles at her as soon as Miyoung steps back into the oversized bedroom. “You should rest and unpack. I’ll see you later. For now, I’ll go see how Soojung and Snow are doing.” The Tigress excuses herself and disappears behind the door.

 

Miyoung stares at the mahogany door for a moment before she sighs and sits on the large bed. She lies on her back, eyes locking on the ceiling. This is so surreal. Everything she is currently experiencing feels like a dream. Then, exhaustion begins to overpower her and Miyoung decides on a nap before dinner.

 

+++

 

Eyes watch over the little girl running away from the white Husky. A smile ghosts over Sooyeon’s lips as she observes her daughter and the white dog play across the backyard. Soojung’s laughter echoes through the meadow as she hugs the large dog. For a moment, everything seems fine until Sooyeon feels that absence creeping up to her.

 

She shifts her sight to the empty seat beside her and a pang of loneliness fills her heart. Setting her book on the table, a sigh leaves her lips as she closes her eyes. Things are not the same without having company. She gets used to Taeyeon’s presence whenever she’s in this memorable place.

   

“Mommy!” Soojung’s chirpy voice wakes her from her lonesome trance.

 

A bark echoes right after and Sooyeon shifts her gaze just in time for little Soojung to sit on her lap. Snow settles for a place in front of them, obediently wagging his tail. Little Soojung’s arms wrap around her mother’s neck and the young mother inhales her cub’s scent. Soojung smells of love and happiness, her little bundle of pure bliss.

 

“Is my baby done playing?” Sooyeon coos as she fixes her daughter’s delicate forelocks.

 

Soojung’s toothy grin greets her in reply and Sooyeon understands well enough. Pressing a peck to Soojung’s cheek, she prompts the little girl to take her bath before dinner. The little one nods and scurries away with Snow on her tail as Sooyeon watches her bubbly daughter disappear past the doors leading to their vast backyard.

 

The Tigress picks up her book once more, opening it to the bookmarked page and resumes her reading, her sullen mood now forgotten.

 

+++ 

 

“Miyoung.” The moon calls upon her, smiling down and blessing her with its beams. The night is young and cold, but the comforts of the linens beneath her sleeping form embrace her with warmth. Miyoung dreams of starry nights and castles and fine gowns. She smiles in her sleep as she did so.

 

“Miyoung.” The moon beacons once more. Miyoung stirs, stretching her resting limbs as she yawns. She turns to her side, relishing the soft fabric of the pillow and the warmth of the blanket over her. Her dreams grow more elaborate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter