Lip Sync Battle

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This was written, and apparently not finished, early last 2015 or 2016 I think... but it's still a work in progress. :)) P.S. You'll find some cameos from some of your fave authors here. lmao! 

 

“Hmmm…'cos I'm just holding on for tonight…”

 

“What are you humming to yourself?”

 

Gaze shifts and the brunette looks up to the raven-haired lass reclining on the posh couch with a French book tucked in her hands.

 

“Nothing.”

 

A delicate brow arches at the brunette’s reply and the French paper back is tossed at the glass table, narrowly missing the brunette’s head.

 

“Really? You’re humming SIA’s Chandelier. I’m curious. Why?” Hands fold against the younger one’s chest in utter suspicion as her intense gaze remains on the older girl.

 

A huff before the reply, “Fine, Soojung. My head’s stuck on that episode of Lip Sync Battle with the Hough siblings.” Now, Soojung is intrigued and her lips purse into a smile as she recalls the late night re-run of the show. She remembers the interesting events that unfolded during the second half of the show and her sister never misses her expression.

 

A finger points at Soojung, “Hey. Don’t you dare do what Julianne did on that show to me. I’m warning you, Soojung. Not that song.”

 

Soojung chuckles and leans back into the couch, “But you like me doing the y, Sooyeon.” A glare is cast her way and Soojung musters her Cheshire grin in a teasing manner, much to Sooyeon’s annoyance.

 

“No, I don’t.” Sooyeon crosses her arms against her chest this time, putting on a defiant pose. Soojung’s grin widens as she observes her sister.

 

“Oh yes, you do.” Soojung refutes, standing from her seat and doing a booty shake right in front of her sister, who was sitting on the floor. Soojung’s smile widens when she turns and sees her flustered older sister.

 

“Stop that!” Sooyeon covers her face with her long brunette locks, earning a laugh from her sibling. “Gotcha!” Soojung presses on as she continues teasing her older sibling, earning a smack on her . “Go away!” Sooyeon says as she glares at her younger sibling.

 

Soojung laughs it off and sits down beside her sister, “Hey, how about a Lip Sync Battle?” Sooyeon arches a brow at her proposal and Soojung continues, “Let’s have a private Jung sisters lip sync battle. I’m going to call my friends over and you call yours. We’ll make this grand.”

 

Sooyeon leans back in disbelief, looking into her sister’s eyes for some hidden scheme, but she only saw excitement and a defeated sigh escapes her lips. “Must you find ways to embarrass ourselves?”

 

“Yah, you’re even more embarrassing when you’re in the mood! Remember that silly IG post you’ve made? Hashtag just admit it Krys?! Gawd, I almost choked on my green tea ice cream!”

 

Now, it was Sooyeon’s turn to laugh, which made Soojung push her out of annoyance. Sooyeon falls to her side, laughing, and Soojung has to pull her by the arm to keep her upright. The elder sister ends up leaning against her sibling as she resumes her episode of laughter.

 

“Hey, stop! Oh my God, Jess.” Soojung frowns at her elder sibling. Sooyeon’s boisterous laughter ends up in chuckles before she begins to pay attention to her sister. “Okay, okay. I’m done.” Sooyeon puts on her stoic look and Soojung rolls her eyes and sighs before she resumes sharing her plans.

 

“So, how about that lip sync battle, huh?”

 

Sooyeon tilts her head before grinning, “Sure. What have you got in mind?”

 

“We reserve a stage set from the outskirts and we invite our friends over for the fun. They choose who does the lip synching better. Whatcha say?” Soojung leans back, crossing her arms, expectant gaze locked on her sister.

 

“But isn’t that a bit too grand?” Sooyeon asks, unsure of what to do. A scoff escapes Soojung’s lips as she retorts, “We’re Jungs, sis. We’re not cut out for simplicity.”

 

Sooyeon concedes this time, “Fine. Fine. And who’s going to be our host for that silly show?”

 

Soojung grins, “Oh, you know…”

 

“Who?”

 

“Just some of our silly friends.”

 

Sooyeon throws a playful punch at her sister, earning some laughs from the younger girl. “You sneaky kid, tell me!”

 

“It’s a surprise, Jess.”

 

“Fine. Be that way.”

 

And at the mutual count of three, the two girls dash to their respective rooms to contact their friends and plan for their own version of a lip sync competition. Sooyeon has just locked up in her room for a few minutes when her phone buzzed.

 

Ddudungie ©©©

                I have reserved Stage 1 at the usual place.

 

Sooyeon’s eyes widen at the message. She types in her reply with excitement running through her vein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter