Noraebang Time!

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The noraebang was crowded and noisy all thanks to nine girls partying like there’s no tomorrow. Yes, nine girls letting loose in a room with karaoke, toys, disco lights, food, and drinks is not what one would think to be the ideal past time or recreation that Girls’ Generation would be so fond of.

They could afford expensive dream vacations and out-of-the-country escapades, but this one activity close to their hearts and home was enough to de-stress them from the demanding profession that they had chosen to tread. And so, here they are at their favorite noraebang, singing and dancing their hearts out as the colorful lights pranced along in rhythm.

“Keep your head down, Erased, disappeared, you’ve burned to death in my heart… Keep your head down, Erased, disappeared, you’ve died in my heart and you no longer exist…” The four shorties bellowed, each girl pushing down on a Janshin’s head. Taeyeon had her hand on the crown of poor maknae. Jessica playfully struggled to land a soft knuckle to Yoona’s head while Sunny mischievously slapped Tiffany’s crown. Hyoyeon, on the other hand, landed her hands on both Yuri’s and Sooyoung’s crowns.

The tall girls chased the shorter ones after the song ended and the private room was filled with screams, giggles, and toys flying around. A tambourine landed on Taeyeon’s face, making her grimace before she had put on an expressionless façade.

Everyone grew quiet. Everyone froze in place before Taeyeon. It looked like a painting of a messy room, its inhabitants captured in their moments. Sunny was straddling the tallest member, in the midst of tickling her. Jessica was against Yuri and Yoona who had her cornered in the room. The second eldest was holding a toy axe in hopes of threatening the two taller yet younger girls. Hyoyeon was in the midst of a tug-of-war with Tiffany. They were fighting over a pink light saber.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at the lone culprit that managed to hit her with a tambourine square on the face. An amused expression crept up her face when she saw the guilt-stricken maknae with her hand hanging in the air. It was as if time had stopped the moment Seohyun released the tambourine that was sent flying towards the eldest girl in the room.

“AHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Taeyeon was in hysterics. Her ahjumma laugh resounded throughout the room. It sent chills down everyone’s spine. The eldest’s reaction scared the hell out of them.

Seohyun apologized instantly, bowing before her unnie who was still immersed in mirth.

“Unnie, I’m really sorry. I’m so sorry…”

“Pwahahaha! Ahahaha! No need, Kook Kooki…” Taeyeon was barely able to mutter her words as she continued laughing. Then everyone heard giggles coming from the second and third eldest and the happiness soon infected the whole room.

When everyone had settled down, Taeyeon said, “I’m so happy to be with you girls again… I missed everyone so much. Well, except for Fany and Kook Kooki… They’re always with me so I’m not missing them one bit…”

“Yah!” Tiffany feigned being hurt by the eldest’s words, “Who says we liked your company…”

Everyone was in for another round of laughter. Then, they finally decided to have another member sing a song.

“So, who wants to sing?” Sunny asked everyone who was now huddled in the long couch that spanned half of the oval room. The table filled with food and toys was moved to the front of the room leaving room for the girls to dance while singing their favorite songs.

“I’ll sing…” Jessica raised her hand like a student volunteering to answer the question.

“Cool, what song would you want to sing, Jessi?” Tiffany asked as she took the remote in her hands with Seohyun assisting her with the song book.

“Justin Bieber’s Boyfriend…”

“Eh?!” Everyone exclaimed, disbelieving what they’ve heard from the Jung’s mouth. Jessica only gave them an innocent look as she stood up to prepare herself for the song.

“What?” She asked, “Never heard of the Jung rap before?”

Everyone’s jaws dropped. Even Tiffany couldn’t believe that her American bestie was going to rap and much less choose a song that’s more suited for a guy to sing.

“Seriously, Jessi?” Tiffany’s grip on the remote loosened.

“Give me the remote, Tiff.” Jessica snatched the remote and then turned to the maknae who had the song book on her lap, “Kook Kooki, what’re the numbers?”

For a moment, Seohyun was stoned before she shook her head and called out the numbers to Jessica, who punched in the code and played the song.

Jessica snapped her fingers along to the tune as she sauntered towards her audience of eight who were still stunned at her choice of song. Everyone gave their undivided attention to her as she swayed to the sultry beat, wireless microphone in hand, making her way to her first victim.

“If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go,

 I can take you places you ain’t never been before,

Baby take a chance or you’ll never ever ever know

I got money in my hands that I’d really like to blow…”

Jessica’s voice was deep, husky, and hot when she rapped the lines. She inched closer to her prey, whose eyes widened when it met her alluring gaze. The poor maknae felt under her unnie’s seductive spell. The Jung brushed the back of her hand on Seohyun’s face as her other sisters watched on in bewilderment just as the ‘swag on you’ line resounded through the room.

After teasing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter