Nu ABO

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“K, are you there?” S muttered into her receiver.

 

Static.

 

Then, the facility’s alarms blared.

 

“Code red! Code red! A vault has been infiltrated.” The alarm sounded and all of the guards scampered in search of the source of the commotion.

 

S sneakily made her way through the crates stacked near some of the vaults, eyes trained on where the guards were all headed. Shouts rang from the troops of men as they headed towards the direction of one particular vault.  

 

Her eyes widened when she saw the cause of the struggle.

 

+++

 

Meanwhile, K had chanced upon the control room at the top floor of the building. Dead men in black suits littered her surroundings with bullet holes stuck to their foreheads. A frown came to her face upon seeing her teammates fight off the guards underground. V had managed to snag the Pink Tape but there were too many guards to fend off.

 

She saw L tackling a group of men, her metallic whip unleashed. The sound of metal slapping skin and flaying flesh got K cringing at the damage L has done. From one monitor, she saw V securing the Pink Tape before unsheathing her glocks and shooting at their enemies. A was dancing with her blades as she cut through the ranks of men.

 

K wondered about her partner. S was not in any of the monitors. A surge of static came on her receiver, making her cringe in discomfort before she heard a familiar voice.

 

“K, can you hear me?” J asked, much to K’s surprise.

 

“Unnie?!”

 

“The one and only. You kids better leave the building before my sub-team torches the place…”

 

“You can’t be serious! We just got the Pink Tape! My team is having a situation underground as of the moment… and I can’t find my girlfriend in the ruckus!”

 

“Hello, K?” This time, another voice called the blonde.

 

“HY-unnie?!”

 

“Specialist HY here. You have three minutes to get your butts out there before my S.H.Y. team sends our missiles in. The underground facility housing the Pink Tape is doing illegal operations that needed to be annihilated. Get your team out there before we build a campfire over it.”

 

K face palmed herself after hearing the warning. She tried contacting her leader but the underground facility seemed to be protected by a radio-wave shield. She needed to act fast. Then, at the corner monitor, K noticed a presence hiding amongst the crates.

 

“S!” K exclaimed in relief before she set her attention to the controls. She took hold of the mic before pressing another alarm mechanism that made everyone come to a halt in confusion.

 

“Red Light! Red Light! S.H.Y. threat detected.” K mused into the mic before cutting off the connection. She hoped her message came across to her team. She watched as V threw smoke bombs before she and her fellow members ran off. S came scrambling back up the stairs followed by V and the others. They were met with a few burly men but S immediately subdued them before they could react. K ran out of the control room and down to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter