Tainted Crimson 00

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Let me spill something about myself. I made up that 'Time Traveler' vow for the TaengSic shippers back then. And yes, I was as confused as everyone else on what TaengSic shippers would call themselves. Until now, it's still a debate between Unbreakables and Time Travelers... still confusing, but that's not what matters to me now. I'd stick to silently admiring this enigmatic pair whilst I also show my fondness over other pairs. You might see more of the other pairs that catch my eyes soon. It's rare of me to visit and update from this site, but let me show you some of my previous stories back when I was still trying my hand at fan fiction. Here's another TaengSic multi-shot which might catch your interest, whether you ship the pair or not. 

 

 

She killed me. She saved me. She brought me back to life.

 

A vampire turned her.

 

Another found her.

 

And the third brought her back to life.

 

 

***

 

Jessica was pissed off. She was made to attend another boring conference until the ungodly hours of the evening. She sighed in relief when the meeting ended. She hastily packed her things before she headed out of the building. The twenty-two year old CEO approached her black luxury car located in the VIP section of the parking lot and much to the brunette’s luck, her car had run out of gas when she had arrived that morning.

‘Great! Now what?’ The last bus trip to her apartment had left hours ago and there were no cabs running down the streets on that fateful night. Jessica had thought of just walking back to her apartment much to her dismay. 

The young brunette strutted her way through the barren streets of the city until she turned towards a dark alley that led to another block. Jessica shivered at the cold aura that the place gave away. There was something inside her that urged her to get out of the place as quickly as possible. She had a bad feeling that someone was watching or following her. 

Something from the corner of her eye caught her attention. It was a young lady her age sitting quietly in the corner of that dark alley. Her brown hair was long and wavy and had her head between her knees. Jessica came up to the lady and tapped her shoulder as she made her presence known. She had wanted to ask the young woman why she was in such a dark and damp place. 

The young lady lifted her head to meet Jessica’s eyes. “You fell for it, didn’t you?” the lady said with a sinister smile. Her eyes were tinted crimson.

“Wha-“ 

Before Jessica could manage to reply, the lady lunged herself at her pushing her against the wall and in a few seconds the brunette felt a stinging sensation in her neck. Much to Jessica’s horror, the lady that she had wished she shouldn’t have bothered was a vampire and was now feasting on her own blood. Jessica tried to scream but her voice was muted by the pain on her neck. 

When the vampire had finished with her, Jessica slumped almost lifelessly on the unforgiving concrete. A smile was plastered on the vampire’s face as she wiped Jessica’s blood off with her hand. Then as if nothing happened, the tall vampire lady walked off casually disappearing into the night leaving helpless Jessica behind. 

The dying brunette gasped for air as felt parched. There was an inner craving growing inside her and yet her body had felt numb. Her sense of touch was beginning to disappear while she tried to help herself up. She had never felt so helpless before as she scrambled on the floor that was soaked with her own blood. ‘How can this happen to me?’ she asked herself. 

Just as her senses were fading, a pair of hands lifted her now frail and pale body. The last thing that her eyes saw before they out were crescent red eyes that gave her a look of worry. Jessica finally succumbed to the darkness that enveloped her leaving herself into the care of a stranger’s hands as she drifted into what she thought would be the realm of the dead. 
 

***

Jessica woke up with a high fever. She found herself shivering but much to her astonishment, she realized she wasn’t dead yet. The brunette scanned her surroundings and found herself in a bedroom of someone who had adored pink. The door opened and a young lady about her age entered the room. 

The person that caught Jessica’s attention had the characteristic crescent-shaped eyes which she had seen before she fainted. Suddenly, she remembered her ordeal the previous night. She had been bitten by a vampire. The brunette felt her neck as she recalled the horror-filled experience while her black-haired savior stared at her in silence. 

“My neck…” Jessica muttered. Her savior gave her an apologetic eye smile. Soon, Jessica realized what her savior was. “You!” Jessica pointed an accusing finger at the calm vampire.

“I’m sorry. I just happened to pass by the alley when I found you dying…oh, where are my manners…I’m Tiffany. And your name is?” the lady that had saved Jessica said. 

“You’re---You’re one of them are you? You’re also a-a---a vampire, aren’t you?” Jessica said as she tried to keep herself away from the vampire as much as possible. 

“Please…please…calm down…I’m not going to hurt you…” Tiffany pleaded without coming closer to the scared brunette. She did not want to intimidate Jessica. An awkward silence fell on both of them with Jessica still wary of Tiffany. 

“Uhm…I forgot to tell you that you’re turning into a vampire too…the person that had bitten you had taken too much blood from you – enough to turn you into my kind…you should know that you’ll be craving for blood soon…” Tiffany managed to break the silence as she remained in her position. 

Shock came over Jessica as the fever now began taking its toll on her. She didn’t want this to happen. What did she do to deserve such a cruel fate? Tears began falling down the brunette’s cheeks as she began sobbing quietly. Sympathy took over Tiffany causing her to come closer to the brunette to comfort her. 

Despite the coldness of the vampire’s touch, Jessica felt sincerity in the vampire’s character as Tiffany pulled her in for a hug. When the tears had died down, Jessica was tired that she immediately fell asleep in the vampire’s embrace. “My…name…is Jessica…” Jessica mumbled in her sleep. Tiffany just smiled in response. She gave the dying girl the time to sleep.

Sleep was the last thing Jessica did as a human. The moment she wakes up. Everything will change. 

It was late in the afternoon when Jessica had awakened. She couldn’t find the vampire who consoled her the previous night. Feeling much better, Jessica got off the bed and decided to wander where she had been the past few days when she got sick. As she got up, she noticed that her skin had blanched and her reflection emitted a different aura from the mirror. Her eyes had turned crimson and she had this feeling of thirst build up inside her.

“Uhm…I forgot to tell you that you’re turning into a vampire too…the person that had bitten you had taken too much blood from you – enough to turn you into my kind…you should know that you’ll be craving for blood soon…” she clearly remembered Tiffany’s words. The thirst felt like an itch that won’t go away and she was becoming annoyed by it. felt dry compelling her to walk out the door of the bedroom and look for something to drink. 

Jessica found herself in an embellished dorm that looked classy yet simple. She made her way to the kitchen to look for something that could ease the thirst that she had been feeling when she saw the back figure of another lady that was just her height only a centimeter short. The brunette felt the urge to attack the young woman whose back was turned to her.

Her vampire instincts kicked in when she could no longer hold that blood craving. ‘I feel sorry for the girl, but I need blood. Right NOW!’ Jessica thought to herself as she lunged at the unsuspecting person.

The unsuspecting figure had just turned to face her when Jessica, with her fangs out, grappled the short-haired girl. In an instant, she sank her newly grown fangs into the young woman’s flesh. A small yelp escaped her victim’s lips before letting Jessica dominate. 

To Jessica’s surprise, the blood she had been from the petite girl tasted different. What surprised her more was the fact that the young woman had not made any resistance to her intrusion at all. It had seemed as if the girl was used to it. Jessica stopped her feeding and pulled herself up to look at her victim’s face. 

She was in for another surprise.

Her victim was another vampire. She looked like a small kid with that baby face of hers and if Jessica wasn’t observant enough, she wouldn’t have thought that they were of the same age. Her victim gave her a soft and strangely calm smile. Jessica immediately got off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter