Lip Sync Battle 2

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Light snores resound throughout Sooyeon’s room as two bodies, sprawled over the bed, bask under the morning streaks coming from the window. A figure stirs from beneath the sheets and an arm slips out, stretching before landing on the other body. A groan escapes from the offended person before the light snores resume their reign.

 

Soojung revels in the warmth and comfort of her sister’s bed, snuggling some against the other body for more heat. A satisfied hum rumbles from when her arms cling against the heat source. She slips into slumber land, dreaming of rock bands, gritty songs, and mad outfits opposite of her usual chic and classy ensembles.

 

The heartbeat ringing through her ears manage to hand her an epiphany of a song and with a rude eureka moment, Soojung jolts awake, much to Sooyeon’s disgruntlement. “Hey! Must you wake me?!” Sooyeon’s groggy, high pitched tone invades her ears. Soojung shakes it off, patting her older sis to sleep, like a mom would a toddler, before stalking off the bed and shuffling towards Big Jung’s laptop.

 

Opening a browser, Soojung encodes a band and song title and clicks. A sloppy grin creeps through her face, matching her messy, raven locks. Had her fans been able to witness this dressed down and bum-ish version of her, they would have been petrified but Soojung does not think of that at this moment.

 

She hums the tune as she mentally notes the lyrics of the song, oblivious to the fact that her sister is peeking at her from the bed. Soojung smiles in satisfaction after having finished putting the song to memory and she turns the swivel chair just in time when Sooyeon hastily lies back down to pretend to sleep. Soojung does not notice the change in her sister’s position and she slips off the chair to join her older sibling in bed.

 

A satisfied sigh escapes Soojung’s lips after snuggling closer to Sooyeon. “You’re so comfy when you’re asleep like this,” Soojung remarks, unknowing that her sister is listening to her rant, “I wish you’d be like this and not be a douche most of the time…”

 

A hand tightens around Soojung’s waist and roughly pulls her flush against Sooyeon’s body. Soojung yelps at the sudden action and she looks up to stare into Sooyeon’s dark orbs. “I can be sweet when awake, Soojung.” The embrace tightens against a squirming Soojung. Sooyeon slackens her grip on her sibling and plants a loving kiss against Soojung’s forehead before she rubs her cheek against the younger Jung’s. “You can be disgustingly sweet, sis, and it makes me think of Jungcest.” Soojung grumbles against her sister’s cheek. Sooyeon laughs before she ruffles the messy raven locks.

 

“Sleep, Soojung. You’re high on melatonin and it’s making you cranky at this time.” Sooyeon closes her eyes as she snuggles closer to her younger sibling. Soojung chuckles before she wraps an arm over her sister, inhaling Sooyeon’s scent, which is very much similar to hers given the fact that they shared almost everything, undergarments included.

 

The serene moment looks like the calm before the storm as each sibling inwardly schemes their lip sync pieces whilst treading dreamland. They both have knowledge of the other party’s first piece oblivious to the fact that the other is aware of their song choice. They both succumb to the lure of each other’s body heat and the temptation of Sooyeon’s fluffy pillows, soft bed, and the thick and warm sheet.

 

For now, they are each other’s comfort and company.

 

+++    

 

Midday comes and that is when the two Jung siblings slipped out of Sooyeon’s lair with Soojung wearing her sister’s silly leopard pajama pants topped with a plain white top. Her sister sports the same ensemble after they both finished arguing over the house uniform for the day.

 

Sooyeon stuffs with cereal as they both settle for a simple brunch of cereal and milk. Their parents were long off to their respective jobs before they manage to catch a glimpse of the Jung elders. And so, without anything to do, the sisters find themselves enjoying a rather quiet brunch until Sooyeon breaks the ice. “Had any songs in mind yet?”

 

Soojung blinks before stuffing with a spoonful of cereal. Her sister takes a sip of her warm milk while waiting for her response. Soojung swallows the massive lump of food down before she delivers her reply. “I’m still thinking.” Sooyeon arches a brow before she munches on the cereal. “No bands or singers in mind yet?” Soojung shakes her head innocently.

 

To those who are not Sooyeon, that façade proves effective in fooling people into believing that Soojung is being honest, but to Sooyeon, she knows that her younger sibling is lying despite the absences of the telltale signs of a lie in her sister’s expressions. Sooyeon, herself, cannot explain it but she can instinctively tell whether Baby Jung is lying or not, and just like Sooyeon, Soojung can also do the same with Big Jung.

 

“You’re lying.” Sooyeon nonchalantly points out before she finishes up her bowl and chugs down her warm glass of milk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter