Sauvage [JungLi feat. TaengSic]

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's thoughts: Hey! How's everyone doing? I know it's been a while since I've updated anything and for that, I apologize. I've been into a very hectic work environment filled with 16-hour straight shifts and gruelling workload. hahaha! Hope you're all doing well despite the odds as I'll do my best to update my other stories when I find the time. For now, enjoy this 27-page JungLi one shot, which I had teased about a few days?weeks? back... :D

 

Sauvage

 

She ran, footsteps echoed through the bushes as her lithe body passed through the thick undergrowth. Lungs burned as her breathing heaved. Then, in a flash, thunderous footprints of four replaced what was human. A large panther replaced the figure rushing through the woods. Its fur as dark as night and its eyes as golden as the blazing sun with a sharp tinge of black for its pupils.

 

Following after the huge feline was a young woman, armed with a bow and a quiver of arrows. She was swift as the wind, almost catching up on the shape-shifter as she tailed the creature a few paces behind. They scurried through the woods, quick on their feet and agile in their movement. They felt eyes on them, knew something was creeping, hunting.

 

And in a flash, a white blur subdued the unsuspecting black feline, tackling it to the ground. The fallen leaves rustled as the low growls echoed through the thick brush. The young woman halted in her tracks, bow and arrow at the ready for any surprise attacks. There was another presence felt aside from the white blur that had attacked her companion.

 

“Your guardian is losing.” A voice spoke from behind.

 

The young woman turned, aiming her arrow at the person standing a few steps away, leaning casually against the tree. The newcomer was a young man, about a few years older than the young archer. He seemed too relaxed for her liking. And so, the archer released an arrow, which to no surprise, the young man dodged with ease.

 

A heated purr rumbled through the thick brush as a ball of white and black figures wrestled through the ground, destroying the underbrush in its path. The archer shifted her attention to the mess of limbs and fur as it broke her line of sight of the young man. Her companion managed to release itself from the mess and now stood facing the young man and the large white panther that had tackled it to the ground. The black panther crouched, ready to defend the archer.

 

The white feline growled before it turned away from the odd pair, gracefully making its way over to the young man before rubbing its body against him. The young archer and her feline friend watched as the young man rubbed the white panther’s head in response to his companion’s affections.

 

“Little princess, you and your guardian seem to have improved with your speed.” The young man spoke, quirking a smile as his own guardian sat by his side, the feline’s tail swishing lazily from side to side.

 

The young woman frowned, “I’m not a little princess anymore, Prince Taeyeon.”

 

“You will always be to me, Jinri, my little cousin.” Prince Taeyeon rebutted before he shifted his attention to his dear panther, addressing the feline in the most affectionate manner. “I think you’ve had your fun in that skin, my princess.”

 

And before everyone’s eyes, the white feline morphed into a beautiful maiden with light brown locks that flowed down to her s. Her cat-like eyes returned to their normal human state.  The prince wasted no time to cover the beauty’s modesty with his overcoat, cinching a girdle around the woman’s delicate waist. When he was sure that the brunette was dressed appropriately, he pressed a light kiss to the shape-shifter’s crown before turning his attention back to Princess Jinri.

 

The beauty that had been the white feline smiled at the princess and her guardian, addressing the ebon-furred panther with a pleasant smile. “Soojung, we’re done with our little play.” The panther growled lowly before turning its back on everyone, disappearing through the thick greens, leaving Princess Jinri with the rest.

 

Princess Jinri groaned before following after the black feline, leaving the presence of the prince and his guardian.

 

“She hates losing, doesn’t she, Sooyeon?” Prince Taeyeon chuckled, pulling his companion to his side.

 

Sooyeon leaned against him, giggling some. “She does, my prince. My dear Princess Soojung dislikes it when others best her at something.”

 

+++

 

“Soojung!”

 

The feline pushed on, moving through the thick bushes, ignoring the princess’ calls. It did not stop until it reached the clearing, where a large village loomed up ahead in the distance.

 

“Jung Soojung! Stop! I command you.”

 

At the order, the dark panther tensed and stopped. Turning, the feline casted the princess what seemed to be a glare in animal form. Princess Jinri moved closer, patting the feline’s head and earning a light purr instead of a growl. “You should have waited for me, Soojung. You know how I hate ordering you around.”

 

The panther nuzzled itself against Jinri, earning a cute giggle from the princess. “Come on, Soojung. Let’s head back home so that you can change your clothes there.” The large feline purred before it walked abreast with the princess this time.      

 

They were nearing the village entrance when a horse neighed from the distance, alerting Soojung of possible danger. Princess Jinri turned to see her own cousin and his guardian riding an black stallion. A low growl echoed from Soojung as the panther blocked the pathway only to have her ears perked at the sound of the village horn indicating the approach of an esteemed noble.

 

“Open the gates for the prince and princesses!” Soojung’s sensitive ears heard one of the sentries shout.

 

The creak of the huge gates, guarding the village, echoed through the meadow as the stallion slowed to a trot before it reached the panther. Soojung could sense the jealousy of her companion, as the prince halted before them.

 

“How did you manage to retrieve your steed?” Jinri asked, clearly envious.

 

Soojung watched the prince’s every move. She took note of how the prince had his guardian princess sit before him, covering her lap with his spare coat, keeping prying eyes from noticing his guardian’s lack of other garments beneath her thick overcoat. Despite the panther’s brewing jealousy, Soojung admired the young prince for his chivalry.

 

Taeyeon steadied his horse, holding the reins with one hand while his other kept Sooyeon steady. “He heard my whistle from afar and escaped his retainers to come and get me.” His casual grin made Jinri want to swipe the smile off his face, but Jinri bit back a scornful reply, only nodding before she continued towards their village on foot. Soojung took one last glance at the pair on horseback, maintaining a firm eye contact with Sooyeon who gave her a genuine smile before the panther followed after Jinri.

 

People of various ages welcomed the group as Jinri strode past the gates followed by her panther and the pair on horseback. A servant hurried to meet the princess to take away her bow and quiver while a few ladies-in-waiting bowed to Soojung as she passed by in her majestic beastly form.

 

“Welcome home, Princess Soojung.” The ladies chorused as the panther strode past them. Soojung acknowledged their presence with a curt nod of her feline head before she walked on all fours into one of the private courts.

 

More greetings passed through as the prince and his guardian princess alighted from their steed, with the young prince helping Sooyeon down the horse, carrying her in his arms much to Sooyeon’s protests.

 

“Put me down, Taeyeon!” Sooyeon insisted, only earning some laughter from the prince.

 

“I don’t want you to walk on bare-feet, Sooyeon. A crown princess of the Jung clan should walk in golden shoes, not bare-footed.” Taeyeon argued back as he carried Sooyeon to their private court.

 

Jinri sighed at her cousin and his guardian before shifting her attention towards her private quarters. She knew Soojung needed some time alone, but she also wanted for her guardian to open up to her. She felt lost, not knowing how to get her own guardian to open up. Jinri thought of seeking Sooyeon’s help, for the crown princess of the Jung clan happened to be Soojung’s one and only elder sister, but Jinri was a little shy around the older guardian despite her lineage.

 

Princess Jinri was the youngest child of a Sauvage chief, who happened to be the younger brother of Prince Taeyeon’s father, who was the main leader of the Sauvage. The Sauvage were skilled warriors whose nobles were assigned with guardians by the celestials. The greatest of the guardians came from the Jung clan, whose line was directly descended from the gods and goddesses.

 

The Jungs rarely got chosen by the celestials as guardians though; for they were tough to handle and hard to tame. Their other soul was that of a panther’s, which allowed them to exhibit temperamental feline behaviors even in their human forms. They were few in numbers as well. The celestials only granted the Jungs’ guardianship to the noble members of the Sauvage. Some of the Sauvage could not even handle their guardians though, and were revoked of the Jungs’ guardianship.

 

The young princess, Jinri, was lucky enough to have a Jung princess as her protector. Hers was a rare feat for being chosen to be with a Jung heiress at her birth just as her older cousin had been. The celestials had decreed it though, and that was how she met the stubborn little Princess Soojung at the temple of the Guardians when she was six years. Soojung was clinging to her big sister, a frown evident on her face as she glared at little Jinri.

 

They were of the same age when they officially met and made to live with each other. Little Soojung had already been living with her sister in the village at that time, since Sooyeon had been chosen for Taeyeon. By the time of Jinri and Soojung’s meeting, Taeyeon and Sooyeon were already inseparable, having established their guardian-keeper relationship even much earlier than Jinri and Soojung had; they were living together in a court house.

 

It took Jinri a year to get her own guardian to acknowledge her, with the help of Taeyeon and Sooyeon, of course. So, despite how much the young princess loathed her cousin and Soojung’s sister for besting her and Soojung, Jinri was still thankful for the help those two rendered whenever Soojung was being difficult.

 

+++

 

A knock resounded inside Soojung’s court, prompting the sulking guardian to look towards the door. “Go away, Jinri.”

 

The door slid open and in stomped a grumpy young Sauvage, “This is my place too.” Body settled on the cot right next to Soojung, who was now garbed in her expensive silken robe of black and gold. Jinri observed her guardian for a moment, watching as Soojung shifted to her side, back facing the Sauvage. With a sigh, Jinri reached out to her guardian, pulling Soojung to face her.

 

She was met with pensive eyes, Soojung’s gaze locking with hers. “Jinri,” Soojung began, “Am I a bad guardian?” Jinri shook her head, lying down on her side to face Soojung.

 

“You’re not a bad guardian, Soojung. You’re better than guardians who are older than you.” Hand reached out to brush the dark strands of hair covering part of Soojung’s face.

 

“But, I’m not as good as Sooyeon.”

 

“You don’t have to be, Soojung. You are not your sister and we are much younger than them. We have much to learn.” Jinri cupped Soojung’s face.

 

“But, my parents expected me to be the stronger one, since I’m… I’m different.” Soojung lowered her gaze, sadness written all over her face.

 

Jinri leaned closer, their lips meeting as she hoped to erase the worry from her guardian. “You’re still my guardian, Soojung. You will always be my Soojung.”

 

At this, Soojung smiled her cheeky grin. Jinri smiled back in relief when she realized that her playful guardian was back. They both giggled on the bed, not noticing the door opening, revealing two figures clad in matching white garments.

 

“Hearing your giggles, I take that Soojung is feeling better now?” Taeyeon mused as he leaned against the doorway while his guardian passed through the threshold in silence.

 

Sooyeon moved like a whisper of the wind, situating herself beside her sister in a blink of an eye, demonstrating a glimpse of what a full-fledged Jung guardian was truly capable of. Fingers brushed against Soojung’s long dark locks, quite a contrast to her sister’s brunette strands.

 

Soojung sat up, followed by Jinri. The younger Jung smiled back at her big sister, “Why must you disturb me and Jinri?” Sooyeon chuckled, ruffling her sister’s hair. “I just wanted to check up on you.”

 

“I’m fine. Now go make babies with your prince so that our clan would have more people among their ranks.” Soojung brushed her sister off, shooing Sooyeon in a teasing manner.

 

Instead of being perplexed, Sooyeon nuzzled her sister’s cheek, whispering into her ear, “Would you like us to do it now? Right here?” Heat seared Soojung’s cheeks at her sister’s suggestion.

 

“No!” Soojung pulled herself away from her teasing sibling, “Stop bothering me and Jinri.”

 

“Oh, so you want to consummate it with her? I guess, it’s time for you, huh. My baby sister is growing up after all.”

 

“You’re clearly getting it wrong, Sooyeon. I’m not. We’re not. Ugh!” Soojung was flustered.

 

“We’re not like you, who’re practically married to each other.” Jinri interjected, defending her bashful guardian. Sooyeon blinked innocently while Taeyeon stepped into the room.

 

“Soojung and I are taking it slow and we don’t let our hormones rule over us.”

 

Taeyeon sat with them, “It was not the hormones, Jinri. My bond with Sooyeon was dictated by fate just as yours with Soojung was. You will know when Soojung reaches her body’s maturity.”

 

Soojung’s face grew redder at what the Sauvage prince implied. Sooyeon patted her head, “I’ll be here when the time comes, Soojung.” Pressing her lips to her younger sibling’s crown, the older Jung princess got up followed by her partner, leaving Soojung in deep thought.

 

“Soojung, you all right?” Jinri’s voice shook the young guardian from her reverie.

 

“Hmm?”

 

 “You’re lost in thought.”

 

“It’s just…”

 

“It’s what Sooyeon said, huh?”

 

The young guardian princess nodded, “It is not rare for guardians to show affections with the ones they protect. You know full well how we sometimes succumb to our instincts, right?”

 

Jinri hummed in understanding, “Yes. And you being a Jung, are susceptible to being in heat, but…” Eyes land on Soojung’s crotch, “You’re different, Soojung.”

 

“That’s what bothers me.” Soojung gave her partner a sad look, “I’m afraid I might hurt you when it happens, Jinri.”

 

“I trust you, Soojung. We are bound by fate and soon, we will seal that bond when we reach maturity. We will grow as strong as Taeyeon and Sooyeon have become.”

 

“Has a Sauvage married a guardian yet?” Soojung suddenly asked, earning a look of confusion from Jinri.

 

“I am afraid I have not heard of anything like that. As we’ve known, bonds between guardians and warriors were mostly forged out of friendship. They may mate, but only in fulfillment of their instincts especially if the guardian is in heat. Their companion usually helps them out although, your sister and my cousin’s case seemed to stray from all those norms.”

 

“Your cousin and my sister mated when Sooyeon went through her first heat cycle, but what made every elder alarmed was when the mating didn’t stop even when my sister’s heat cycle passed.”

 

The two giggled some upon reminiscing on the times when they would watch elder mages banging at the doors of Taeyeon and Sooyeon’s shared courtroom, only to be ignored and left out cold by the two. Jinri and Soojung were later rewarded with the sight of Sooyeon straddling Taeyeon, both in the throes of passion, when they were sent to summon the older pair to appear at the Guardian’s temple. It was a sight that left the younger pair baffled before Jinri composed herself and addressed the coupling pair.         

 

It was later revealed to them that Taeyeon and Sooyeon had inadvertently chosen each other as mates in spite of Sooyeon being Taeyeon’s guardian. The younger couple then noticed that the older pair had grown more powerful after their audience with the Guardian’s temple. It was still a mystery to both Jinri and Soojung, what had transpired between the older couple within the temple.

 

In a sudden move, Soojung straddled her keeper. Eyes took in the sight of a surprised Jinri. “Should we give it a try?”

 

Silence filled the large room.

 

Jinri blinked her surprise away, “Try what?” A faint smile appeared on her lips as she feigned innocence.

 

“Mating.” Soojung’s tone was serious.

 

A pout made its way to the keeper’s lips, “Are you in heat right now?”

 

The guardian shook her head.

 

“Then, you’re not ready yet, as I am.”

 

Soojung fell to lie on Jinri’s side, groaning. Jinri smiled as she turned to snuggle up to her frustrated guardian. “You haven’t begun your heat cycle, Soojung. At least not yet, but we’ll get to it. We’re at the age when your sister and Taeyeon began mating.”

 

Turning to face her keeper, Soojung brushed away the strands of hair partly covering Jinri’s face before leaning forward for a peck on the princess’ lips. They needed no words for such intimate things.

 

+++

 

“A gathering has been summoned by the celestials. You will represent the Sauvage on my behalf. I trust that you will keep safe on your journey to the great temple city.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter