Tainted Crimson 02

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months passed.

Three different people’s pasts.

And one person who seemed to have started it all.

***

 

The three vampires inside Yuri’s room brought themselves back to the present. “She didn’t end my pain…she made it worse…” Tiffany muttered all of a sudden. 

Taeyeon and Yuri only looked at her. They felt guilty upon hearing Tiffany’s words for they both knew they contributed a part in Tiffany’s pain. “I know…We all played this game because of her…Remember our first day as vampires?” Taeyeon finally said as she faced Tiffany. 

“Yes…That was the time when you broke Yuri’s heart for the first time…” Tiffany answered.

“And the first cycle of the game was ended by you…” Yuri added.

Taeyeon nodded as she recalled what happened.
 

***

The three girls woke up to a high fever. They found themselves inside the Kim’s mansion again. The three girls scrambled to see whether they were just having a nightmare. They thought they would see their family again since the horrid place where Taeyeon’s family had been killed seemed to have been kept clean the way it used to be. 

Taeyeon was about to open the door to go outside when someone called out. “Taeyeon! Don’t open the door!” 

The girl who was about to push open the door stopped in her tracks as she turned to look for the owner of the voice. Miyoung and Yuri jerked in surprise at the owner’s voice. They both turned to see their worst nightmare come to life and stand behind them. 

Her chestnut brown hair was unmistakable as her sharp crimson eyes were. Her foxy look both captured them in awe and fear at the same time. The person who owned such sweet high-pitched voice was none other than Jung Sooyeon herself. 

Miyoung and Yuri shivered in fear as the vampire came closer to them. “What do you want from us?” Miyoung asked in fear as Sooyeon crept nearer. Taeyeon, on the other hand, came to her friends’ aid and stood her ground directly in front of the vampire. 

Sooyeon just gave the brave girl a blank stare as Taeyeon tried to swallow her fears in order to protect her friends. “Don’t go near them!” Taeyeon warned as Sooyeon stopped in front of her. 

A smile came onto Sooyeon’s face at Taeyeon’s warning. She pinched the shorter girl’s face and said, “You’re cute, Kim Taeyeon…” 

When Taeyeon realized what Sooyeon had done, the vampire had already walked past her and came closer to Yuri and Miyoung. The girls crept closer to the wall as Sooyeon took a step towards them. The frightened girls were shaking in fear much to the vampire’s amusement. 

Sooyeon acknowledged the girl with the crescent eyes first. “You’re looking much better as a vampire, Hwang Miyoung. So, can you still feel any pain?” 

Miyoung’s eyes shot up upon the vampire’s words. She shifted her gaze to Yuri and found out that the girl she had been holding on to had crimson eyes – the same eyes that Sooyeon has. Yuri turned to Miyoung and was soon surprised at the older girl’s transformation. They both let out a shriek in shock of their discovery. 

“Girls…girls…calm down!” Sooyeon said as she placed each hand on Yuri and Miyoung’s head. The vampire calmly patted them as if they were pets. “I thought you had noticed the change…sadly, you didn’t…and you three nearly burned your skins under the sunlight…” Sooyeon said as she turned her head towards Taeyeon who was now looking at her. 

‘What have you done to us?” Taeyeon was clearly angry much to everyone’s surprise. 

“I just saved you from dying…I forgot to reveal to you the one part of the curse that I learned to love…” Sooyeon said as she, in one swift motion, reappeared before Taeyeon. “I just gave the three of you, immortality… isn’t that rewarding?” 

Sooyeon seductively circled the oldest of her three victims as she said her speech. Taeyeon followed the vampire silently with her gaze. Miyoung and Yuri, on the other hand, just stood speechless at the vampire’s words. 

“It’s not as rewarding as you said it would be…You just made our lives more miserable…” Miyoung finally retorted. Sooyeon arched an eyebrow at the girl’s rebuttal before she glided towards the one who answered back. 

Miyoung was surprised to see Sooyeon’s face a few inches too close to hers. “Aren’t you a feisty little thing? Last night, you looked like a lost puppy…now, look at you…you’ve turned into a hungry wolf…” Sooyeon whispered into Miyoung’s ears sending chills down the younger girl’s spine as Sooyeon’s breath touched hers. 

Sooyeon was about to bite the younger girl when a firm hand landed on her shoulder and began pulling her away. The vampire turned to see Yuri who had finally mustered the strength and the courage to stand up to her. This delighted Sooyeon even more. ‘They’re all full of surprises. I want to get to know them all…I want them all for myself.’ She thought to herself. 

“You’re not touching her.” Yuri said firmly while Taeyeon took hold of Miyoung who was frozen in fear. The oldest victim of the vampire took the petrified Hwang in her arms as Yuri confronted the vampire who turned them all. 

“What will you do to stop me?” Sooyeon arrogantly asked as she strode towards the taller girl. “You’re thirsty, Kwon Yuri…you’re too weak to fight me…” 

The vampire’s whisper was cold and heartless as Yuri had felt. Sooyeon pushed the defiant girl onto the floor proving to Yuri that she was right. She then in one strike bit Yuri and began the younger girl’s blood in front of Yuri’s friends. Taeyeon covered Miyoung’s eyes to spare her from the horrible sight as Sooyeon proceeded to make Yuri bleed. 

“Without drinking your fill of blood as a vampire, you will remain half a vampire…” Sooyeon mocked as she stood up to watch the younger girl suffer in pain. Her eyes shifted to Taeyeon who was watching the whole ordeal all the while hugging Miyoung in her arms. 

A sinister smile came across Sooyeon’s face. In a flash, she was sitting in front of the older girl, admiring the Kim’s face. Taeyeon was surprised at her proximity with the Jung. “Kim Taeyeon…you’re thirsty, didn’t you realize that? And look at the girl struggling on the floor…” Sooyeon said as she slowly held Taeyeon’s head so that her gaze was on the bleeding Yuri. 

Taeyeon’s vampire instincts began taking over her mind and body once she saw Yuri’s blood going to waste on the floor. Her pupils dilated and ran dry as she stared harder at the bleeding body before her. When Sooyeon felt that Taeyeon was becoming possessed by her bloodlust, she let go of Taeyeon’s head and stood up to see what Taeyeon would do. 

Miyoung felt the caring hands leave her which caused her to look for Taeyeon. To her surprise, Sooyeon was now standing beside her in Taeyeon’s place. The vampire seemed to be staring at something amusing making Miyoung wonder what caused her to shift her attention. The crescent-eyed girl followed Sooyeon’s gaze until her eyes fell on her two closest friends. 

To her horror, Taeyeon was feasting on Yuri’s blood. She was Yuri’s bleeding neck. Miyoung’s best friend was killing her other best friend. “Nooooo!!!” She screamed as tears began to fall from her eyes. 

Taeyeon didn’t seem to hear her and Yuri was too weak to stop her friend from her own blood. Sooyeon just stood there beside Miyoung as she watched the older girl slowly Yuri’s life force away. 

“Stop screaming and watch the show…” Sooyeon said as she sat down beside Miyoung who was crying in vain. 

Yuri felt helpless and betrayed as she felt every ounce of strength leave her. Her memories of Taeyeon and Miyoung began to drift by as she felt every gulp that Taeyeon made. ‘Why? Why, Taeyeon?’ Yuri thought as she tried to tell herself to move but couldn’t. 

Tears began running down Yuri’s cheeks as she found herself unable to move and protect herself from her best friend who succumbed to the evil vampire’s power. “Taeyeon…please…” Yuri pleaded as she burst into tears. 

By now, Taeyeon couldn’t stop herself from feeding on Yuri’s blood. Her mind was telling her it was wrong but she still couldn’t stop her own body. The older girl continued draining Yuri until a pair of firm hands grabbed her and dragged her away from draining her best friend to death. Taeyeon felt relieved and surprised at the same time when she found herself being stopped from feeding. 

She turned to see who had saved her from herself and her best friend and to her surprise, it was Sooyeon. “Miyoung…could you be so kind to save Yuri from dying by offering your own blood?” Sooyeon sweetly said bringing Miyoung’s attention to her and then to Yuri who was still in agony. 

Taeyeon fell silent as she watched Miyoung crawl towards her dying friend. Miyoung offered her own neck for the Kwon to bite on despite her hesitance to do so. She was clearly afraid to feel the stinging sensation again but her fear of Sooyeon and her fear of Yuri dying before her very eyes overpowered her will to argue with her own thoughts of self-preservation. 

Yuri was too weak to move, but she knew it would be the only way to save herself from dying. “Mi…Miyoung…I’m so….sorry…” she weakly said. Miyoung gave her a sad smile. 

“It’s okay, Yuri-ah…I would do anything to save you…” Miyoung whispered as she lowered herself further for Yuri to reach her. She was almost lying over Yuri when she felt Yuri’s fangs sink into her flesh. Taeyeon saw the whole ordeal and her thirst began eating her again. She struggled to join her friends when a hand yanked her back down to the floor. 

“You have a huge appetite, Taeyeon-ah…” Sooyeon said as she sat beside the newborn vampire. Taeyeon stared at her maker, she was a bit appalled by her maker’s look. It was as if Sooyeon was admiring Taeyeon like an artwork. 

When Taeyeon had not replied to her, Sooyeon smiled. “You seem to be too thirsty to answer me…” 

Before Taeyeon could respond, she felt Sooyeon’s hand on the back of her head drawing her towards Sooyeon’s neck. She shivered at the vampire’s action. Taeyeon felt a cold chill down her spine as her eyes lingered over the vampire’s snow-white skin. She couldn’t resist revealing her fangs and sinking them into her maker. 

“Don’t hesitate, Taeyeon…” she heard her maker say. The whisper now seemed like the sweetest honey to her. She brushed her doubts and soon succumbed to the vampire’s offer. 

Sooyeon felt a pair of fangs stinging her pale flesh as she allowed the feisty girl to drink her precious blood. It was the first time Sooyeon had felt a pair of fangs on her neck. She felt good about the stinging feeling and the thrill of feeling the physical pain. 

Miyoung, on the other hand, felt weaker as every drop of her blood entered Yuri’s system. The younger girl noticed that as she felt better, her best friend grew weaker. Yuri stopped herself from drinking Miyoung’s blood much to the other girl’s surprise. 

“Miyoung…Drink my blood…I can at least return the favor to you…” Yuri said weakly as she led Miyoung towards her newly healed fang marks. For a moment, Miyoung hesitated. She thought it was unfair for her best friend to be betrayed by Taeyeon and she thought she could just help the girl. It didn’t come to her mind that Yuri was going to return the favor. 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was busy filling herself with Sooyeon’s precious blood. Her hands unconsciously wrapped themselves on Sooyeon’s waist. She and Sooyeon were sitting on the floor at quite a distance away from Yuri and Miyoung. As Taeyeon continued drinking from her maker, she felt a pair of hands loosen her girdle in a subtle manner although Taeyeon could still feel Sooyeon’s hands work on her ‘belt’. 

Despite the fact that she could feel the vampire’s ill intentions, Taeyeon remained attached to the vampire’s neck when suddenly, a pair of cold soft hands slipped into her clothes when her girdle was loosened enough. She fidgeted at the icy touch of the vampire’s hands on her soft skin but she felt her body respond to Sooyeon’s skinship at the same time. 

The Kim Taeyeon who stood up against the vampire Jung Sooyeon was now replaced by a tamed vampire. Sooyeon felt Taeyeon’s fangs unlatch from her neck. A smile crept from her face as she let her hands roam through Taeyeon’s layers of clothes. She sensed the older girl shiver when her hands touched her victim’s skin. First she let her hands snake around the girl’s waist then she slowly let it creep up Taeyeon’s back sending chills down the older girl’s spine. 

She heard a soft moan escape Taeyeon’s lips much to her delight. She amused herself when Taeyeon tried her best to hide her pleasure. Sooyeon smiled when she saw the Kim’s flushed face when her hand came to a sensitive part in Taeyeon’s upper torso. 

“You’re loving it…Don’t you, Taeyeon?” Sooyeon smirked as she eyed the struggling girl. Taeyeon unwrapped her hands from Sooyeon’s waist. In one fluid motion, Taeyeon pinned her maker to the floor startling the vampire who turned her. 

“So, Kim Taeyeon has finally decided to play with me…” Sooyeon said with a satisfied smile on her face. For a moment, Taeyeon’s face remained expressionless. Her crimson eyes took in the beauty that she held underneath her. The one who triggered something to stir up inside her. 

‘I fell in love with a Jung. I was supposed to marry him…but then, he died…and now, I found his sister…She killed me and toyed with me…but when she gave me a part of herself, I felt something strange stir up from inside me…’ Taeyeon thought as she stared and immersed herself in Sooyeon’s tantalizing orbs. 

Unsure of what to do next, Taeyeon tasted Sooyeon’s lips to clear her confused mind. The Jung vampire was surprised at Taeyeon’s change in behavior and she was surprised more by the Kim’s sudden action. 

Miyoung and Yuri witnessed what their best friend had done. Yuri felt betrayed twice. She had been robbed of her purity by a Jung while she had been betrayed by her best friend, a Kim. Miyoung couldn’t bear to look as the two eldest vampires locked lips and bodies without being bothered by their spectators. 



***

Reverting back to reality, Taeyeon gave Yuri an apologetic look which the latter had received with a sincere smile. “It’s all right, Taeyeon…We took turns hurting each other’s feelings anyway…That was our little game, remember?” Yuri said.

The game they had been talking about was the game of love, friendship, and betrayal. One person was to love another. Another was to remain friends with the third. The third will be left hurt and betrayed. The cycle then continues. 

When the never-ending game started, Yuri was the first one to feel betrayal. Tiffany had been caught in the middle while Taeyeon became blinded by Sooyeon’s love. As time had passed, the three girls came to accept the vampire who turned them.

“Remember the time when Sooyeon left you without telling any of us where she was headed?” Yuri asked as they began another round of recall. Taeyeon nodded in response as she gazed at the tall yet younger vampire. 

“Yes…I was too devastated that I thought my life depended on her…” Taeyeon said as her thoughts brought her to her memory. 



***

It was about a decade since Sooyeon had turned them all into vampires. They have been living with their maker and have gotten used to Sooyeon’s antics. The three vampires have found out that Sooyeon was a loner and that her cold attitude was just a façade. They soon found out her reason for turning them. She was just sad to be alone when they found her on that fateful night. 

As vampires, the four girls usually passed their day sleeping in one of the houses they bought when they moved into another town. Coming from elite families, the four vampires had inherited a lot of fortune enough to send themselves to school and sustain them with their necessities. During that time, Taeyeon had opened her nighttime business with Yuri while Miyoung helped Sooyeon adjust to school only attending night classes.

It didn’t take long for Sooyeon to capture the school’s attendees with her beauty and cold demeanor. The daytime students whose classes end when the night classes start became curious of the girl who became popular in the night class. The news of Sooyeon’s popularity reached Taeyeon and Yuri’s ears which made the former quite jealous. 

Her relationship with Sooyeon became strained and they eventually had an argument which resulted to Sooyeon’s desertion on the next night. Taeyeon woke up one evening to find out that Sooyeon had left them for good. She was devastated and depressed making her friends worry about her well being. By that time, Yuri and Miyoung had become lovers. 

When Taeyeon was left heartbroken, she had withdrawn herself from the world yet she kept her feelings to herself. Yuri and Miyoung didn’t know how Sooyeon’s departure had affected Taeyeon. 

“Taeyeon-ah…Miyoung and I had wanted to spend our vacation in our home town. We got news that the people that used to live in our village had gone back there since the marauder’s raid. Want to come?” Yuri asked as she entered Taeyeon’s room. 

Taeyeon tried to put on her best smile for her best friend. “I’m all right staying here, Yuri-ah…I’ll keep our business running while you and Miyoung are away…besides, I can’t go there right now…I only visited the cemetery once and that was when we buried the dead after that fateful night…” 

Yuri gave her a sympathetic look. She sat on her best friend’s bed and patted the older vampire’s back. “Take care of yourself, okay? Miyoung and I will be back after two weeks.” 

Taeyeon nodded in reply as she saw Yuri leave her room. On the day of her best friends’ departure, she pretended to put on a happy face and bid them a loving farewell until her friends r
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter