PINK TAPE

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“K, what’s the status up there?” V asked through her receiver.

 

Static rang through her ears for a moment before K’s voice was heard.

 

“All clear and sunny. No suspicious objects sighted.”

 

V signaled her comrades to deploy. A got out of her hiding place first, her gun hidden inside her black leather coat. She casually walked along the sidewalk, her eyes trained to analyze her surroundings as she drew closer to the Pinocchio record store across the street.

 

“A, status?” V asked once more.

 

“Clear.” Came the reply.

 

“Copy. Enter the facility.” V commanded as she sat on a set of fire-escape stairs situated not far from the record store. “I want you and L to infiltrate the area simultaneously.”

 

“Roger that. Over.” A and L’s voices chorused.

 

L discreetly leapt from the nearby building, landing on the record store’s rooftop with grace before she scrambled to enter the edifice through the top floor. Her serrated blades were unsheathed as she cautiously surveyed the seemingly deserted place. There was a set of stairs leading to the second floor of the store yet it was dark and vision was limited, but the agent came prepared as she donned her night-vision contacts and was able to maneuver through the gloomy area without a hitch.

 

K’s scope was locked onto the windows of the place, her eyes focused on possible movements within them. She was perched on top of a taller building, giving her a bird’s eye view of the whole area. A black ban arrived in front of the store. Men dressed in black suits filed out of the vehicle, sending alarm to K.

 

“I see a group of dogs coming out of a van.” K relayed.

 

“I see them. S, it’s time to work your magic.” V said as she stared into her binoculars.

 

“Roger that, V.”

 

S casually appeared from the sidewalk, dressed in civilian garments as she passed through the group of men wearing black ties and white polo shirts topped with black blazers. She gave them a faint smile before she strode away from them. It took the men a few seconds to realize who she was and they scrambled to run after her just as her back disappeared around the corner.

 

“Got them on my tail, V, but some had remained inside the store.” S said, sounds of huffing could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter