Hello, Baby! 15

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

15

 

It was a field day for the two young men as they were tasked the very challenging job of keeping an eye on two spritely babies. One was a fickle little thing who had a grave case of sister complex. Another was a weird bundle who loved catching the fickle one’s attention in more ways than one. Oftentimes, Yoong and Seo had to deal with two crying babies with little to no knowledge of pacifying the wailing duo.

 

Yoong found himself doing funny faces, only to have Baby Yeon cry more. “! Krystal’s going to have my for this.” Yoong looked to a helpless Seo holding a sniveling Baby Goo. He also looked lost in his attempt to pacify the child. Yoong took hold of Baby Yeon and in a desperate attempt, brought the little one closer to Seo and Baby Goo. “Baby Yeon, look at poor little Baby Goo.” He cooed as he garnered the little one’s attention, directing it to the other baby in Seo’s arms. “Want to play with Baby Goo?” He asked in a husky voice. The baby sniffled, her sobs began to minimize as she gazed at Yoong.

 

Giving Seo a knowing look, the two men placed the babies on the carpeted floor and Baby Yeon immediately crawled towards her kid playmate and engulfed Baby Goo in a tight embrace. The crying was pacified and the two young men slumped to the floor, exhausted. Babysitting was such a chore for them.

 

Seo got up from his seat and excused himself to the kitchen, telling his companion that he would prepare the babies’ meals before they start their tantrums once more. Yoong found himself simply remaining in his seat, choosing to lie down instead as he silently lamented his fate.

 

A cheerful coo disturbed his pondering as weights pressed against his torso. He looked up to see the babies crawling over him, giggling and lying down prone on his chest and abdomen. A light chuckle escaped him as he conceded to the kids, choosing to play with them while Seo made their baby formulas.

 

The day went uneventful with the two young men taking care of the kids like they were their own. It had been a struggle with the two at first, but as Yoong and Seo began to figure out the babies’ wants and needs, they were able to do just fine with catering to the babies’ demands.

 

+++

 

“So, how did babysitting your niece go?”

 

Krystal turned to Sulli and smiled, “Great. We bonded over my short break from our hectic schedules.”

 

Sulli grinned in return, “Do you get to spend more time with her? Taeyeon-unnie’s niece only managed to stay with us for a short while. I find it interesting how their nieces suddenly came to town just when they were out of town.”

 

Krystal gulped the lump in . Sulli’s words sounded innocent, but she was striking chords without knowing it. “I think our managers are calling us over.” She tried shifting the topic, afraid that Sulli might have some suspicions. Krystal did not want to involve more people into the mess, especially her members. She resolved that once her sister turns back to normal, she’ll give the older Jung an earful of scolding for all the trouble she had gone through.

 

The two f(x) maknaes strode over to the studio and found their older members already prepping for the shoot. Things were doing well for Krystal and she hoped that it will remain so when she gets back home. She remembered the two young men she had left in the loft that she and her older sister shared. Yoong and Seo seemed lost as they watched her leave the premises. Krystal had the urge to run back to her home every time she recalled their confused faces. She had been tempted to head back just to check up on her sister, but she had guessed that her managers would stop her even before she managed to escape to the parking lot. Sometimes, she felt like a prisoner living this kind of lifestyle. She just hoped for the best when she reached home later on.

 

+++

 

The day did not fare well for the SNSD members though. Everyone had trouble with their respective additions to their anatomy. Photo shoots were cut short and some other public schedules were postponed all because of their animal parts.

 

Everyone convened at the dorm in hopes of recuperating from the day’s ordeals. They did not dare enter the Jungs’ abode for fear of running into Krystal once more.

 

“So, what are we going to do?” Yuri asked, her dog tail wagging, which annoyed her seatmate.

 

“How about we play a game?” Sooyoung suggested as she frowned at Yuri’s over-excited tail; her own cat tail swishing slowly from side to side.

 

“I was asking about our tails and their ears. What are we going to do about them?”

 

A sigh left Sooyoung’s lips, “I don’t know, Yuri. Let’s just leave them be? I mean, we had it better than those who have ears or the two maknaes who completely turned into guys.”

 

“But I feel so helpless! And well, it’s uncomfortable. It moves a lot when I’m happy or something. Gosh!” Yuri wailed, her tail tucked between her legs.

 

Sooyoung found it a little amusing though, “You look very much like your dogs right now.”

 

“Yah!”

 

+++

 

Sunny and Tiffany were sitting in the kitchen, watching as Hyoyeon scurried about cooking for their evening meal. The air was quite tense as they ruminated on the day’s events. Sunny had a lot of scolding from her stylist for insisting on wearing a bonnet to work. She looked like a hobo, according to their stylist. She took the offense without much fight, knowing full well that she needed to keep her cat ears a secret.

 

Tiffany had a bigger problem. The long bunny ears were troublesome and she had to use a hood to hide them. She had a photo shoot but she had to pretend to get sick just so she couldn’t take off her hoodie. She was able to attend to a radio broadcast though, but on the insistence that they do not film it. She arrived home more exhausted than ever after fighting off her managers and stylist from getting her out of her hoodie.

 

Hyoyeon seemed more relaxed as she prepared the dishes for their dinner. She got away with just a hat and was able to film a variety show without much problem. She made double precautions by wearing a bonnet similar to Sunny’s under the hat. She got away fine with her schedule. Her advantage was that she was outdoors and there was all the more reason to wear hats to combat the cold.

 

“When do you think those two goons would be back?” Hyoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter