Fairytale

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Wow. I'm updating again! lol! Here's 15 pages of Jungli... Warning... This is not for the faint-hearted. There's heated scenes up ahead... Please read at your own risk and discretion. :) NC-17. 

 

 

Everything was at its finest: the velvet furniture, the carpeted floor, the dimmed chandeliers hovering over the expanse of the room, the classical music bouncing off the high walls, and even the people garbed in their most fashionable attires. Fascinating as it was, she still could not believe that she was actually here, gracing one of the most private and most coveted parties sponsored by the elite family.

 

Jinri took a deep breath, inhaling the reality that was now unraveling before her. She felt surreal, dazed even to be here, holding a glass of merlot, standing amongst the rich, the famous, and the powerful. And in this sea of glamour and luxury, she found herself lost, ostracized, and… awkward. She could not help it, given that she was born and raised in the lesser side of town, the place where people struggled to grab a morsel and sometimes die trying to survive.

 

A light tap of a finger made her flinch, turning to find the guilty giving her a sheepish smile. “Hey.” A shorter woman, with a delicate smile, greeted. Jinri sighed in relief. It was only her senior and dear friend, Luna. “You scared me.” Jinri said truthfully. The older woman only patted her apologetically before she spoke, “Sorry about that. I was just checking up on you. I know how this is all new to you. Take your time. We’ve all had our share of this sublime moment.” The grin did not leave her senior’s face, encouraging a smile to appear in Jinri’s lips.

 

“Thanks, Luna-unnie. This just feels, I don’t know, too grand for me. I mean, I’m not exactly from this side of town. I feel lost.” She poured out her sentiments to the older girl and Luna nodded in understanding. “Come on, let’s take a seat first before I let you continue your rant, Jinri.” Luna pulled her by the arm, their long gowns brushing the carpet as they went. “Wait,” the older woman paused, “Have you eaten anything yet? Their cakes are the best!” Jinri laughed heartily, hand covering as she did so.

 

“Oh my, unnie. You are always hungry, aren’t you? But to answer your question, yes, I have eaten already.” Jinri replied as they settled down at one of the tables. Luna’s grin widened before she patted Jinri’s shoulder once more, “You’ll get used to this, I’m sure. We only get to experience this once a year so you better enjoy this as much as you can. Anyway, have you made new friends from the other companies? You’ve seen Amber and Victoria, right?” Jinri nodded, remembering the boyish blonde who happened to be the owner of a record label and the down-to-earth Chinese woman who managed a multi-million dollar farming estate and a chain of high-end restaurants overseas. Luna leaned in to spill some gossip, “You know, those two asked me about my business and have offered to invest in our company. They’re also friends with one of the hostesses of this party!”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Unnie, honestly, I don’t know who really hosts this party. I just know that the Jung family sponsors this occasion every year.”

 

Jinri’s boss gave her a look of incredulity. “Seriously? Gosh, Jinri, why did I even hire you?” Luna playfully questioned the younger woman, making Jinri squirm in discomfort. Luna chuckled right after, “I was just kidding, Jinri. I know you work hard to support your family.” And it was the truth. Luna had found Jinri outside her office building one day and the kind woman took care of the younger one. She offered Jinri a job and had helped her adjust to the workplace. Jinri had been so thankful to the older woman since then. “Thanks, unnie. If it wasn’t for you that day, I would not have this kind of job.” Jinri smiled at the kind woman.

 

“Don’t mention it, Jinri. Now, let’s enjoy the night. You should come with me. I’ll introduce you to some friends.” Luna offered as they both stood up to mingle with the crowd.

 

As Jinri smiled at her new acquaintances, she could not help but feel a pair of eyes locked on her the whole time. She turned to see who it was and her gaze met a pair of sharp, alluring dark orbs. Jinri almost reeled back in the intensity of the gaze as she stared back at the raven-haired goddess clothed in black gossamer that teased its beholders of the porcelain skin hidden beneath them. But despite the teasing neckline, it was Jinri who felt before the judging eyes of the stranger. Jinri could feel the person’s hands running down her body through the heated gaze and she almost blushed at the inappropriate thought when she realized that the stranger was just leaning back at the bar, arms lazily resting on the mahogany, a glass of red wine dangling from between fingers of one hand as the figure watched her. 

 

Their staring match was broken when another deity, a brunette this time, settled by the goddess’ side. Jinri noticed the newcomer’s similar garb and she guessed that they must have planned the outfit together. Jinri’s raven-haired divinity shifted her attention to the brunette, cat-like eyes crinkling into happy crescents as her pearly whites were in delighted display. The two deities laughed heartily, ignoring the world surrounding them.

 

“Ah, the Jung sisters.” Jinri almost yelped in surprise at Victoria’s voice. She turned to the older woman, noting that her circle of acquaintances had also shifted their interests on the pair seated at the bar. Jinri faced Victoria, wondering what was on the older woman’s mind. “As much as their family hosts and funds these parties, nobody dares approach either of them unless beaconed by either of the two. The people attending this party would fear them, love them, want them, secretly loathe them, want to be them, or envy them.”

 

Curious, Jinri asked the older woman, “If I may ask, in what category do you belong, Victoria-unnie?” Victoria smiled at her, “I like them. They’re pretty cool and generous.” Jinri observed the older woman for any hidden spite, but she found sincerity in the woman’s eyes. “So, why do some hate them?” Amber answered for her this time, “Well, they’re pretty intimidating. You’ll know when you stand before them in the conference room.” Jinri could only nod, her mind lost in the stare down she did with one of the sisters. Victoria noticed Jinri’s curious gaze on the sister and she voiced her query, “You seem to be interested in them…”

 

Jinri blinked twice before turning to Victoria, “Huh?” Victoria’s lips pursed into a knowing smile, “You seem to be enthralled by their beauty. Got hooked by the stare?” Jinri raised a brow at the teasing question. Victoria giggled, “They have this penchant for hooking you with just a stare. Who did you lock eyes with?” An arm rested on Jinri’s shoulder and the young woman held her breath, feeling dazed being this close with a millionaire. “The black-haired one,” Jinri managed to croak, still in disbelief that she’s buddy-buddy with the Victoria Song.

 

The young woman could feel a smirk ghosting on Victoria’s lips. “Oh, Krystal Jung had her eyes on you?” There was a playful tone in Victoria’s voice, something that unsettled Jinri. “Y-Yes,” Jinri replied, unsure of what Victoria was getting to, with the kind of conversation they were having.

 

Krystal Jung’s eyes cast a fleeting glance in her direction and Jinri felt a jolt of electricity running up her spine when the Jung’s sharp eyes lingered a little too long at her. Through her periphery, Jinri noticed Victoria give a wave of acknowledgement at the Jung, who simply smiled back. Jinri turned to face Victoria in awe, “You’re close?” The older woman only smiled, “I’ve seen her since she was a child. In fact, not just me but your boss and Amber, here, too.” Jinri could only stare, her mind boggled with the mysterious goddess and her connections with the people she was with right now.

 

“Hey!” Jinri jolted in surprise, making Luna chuckle at her. “Unnie…” Jinri whined, earning laughter from both Amber and Victoria. “Stop surprising me.” Luna brushed it off and said, “Why don’t you say ‘hi’ to the hostesses over there? I’ll even introduce you to them.” Jinri paled at the suggestion, but before she could refuse, the three older women were already pulling her without her consent towards the two deities conversing over a glass of fine red wine at the bar.

 

“Victoria, Amber, Luna. Nice to see you again.” The elder of the two sisters smiled at the foursome before her intense gaze shifted to the fidgeting newbie within the group, “And who might you be?” There was something sugary coming from the tone of the older Jung sister’s voice, something that sent shivers down Jinri’s spine. Jinri cast a fleeting glance over at the pair of dark orbs that have locked on her since they came within the presence of the Jung sisters before Jinri turned to face the older of the two siblings. “Good evening. I’m Jinri, Ms. Luna Park’s assistant.”

 

The brunette Jung smiled at her and took her hand, surprising her of the touchiness of the older woman. “Oh, nice to meet you, Jinri. Perhaps, you could stay with us and have some wine.” Jinri could not believe the treatment she was receiving. She only blinked in surprise at the invitation. “Uhm…” she managed to say as she eyed the other expectant women who were staring back at her, “Uh, o-okay…” She was still uncertain of her decision, but hearing Victoria, Amber, and Luna sigh in relief made her feel better with her answer.

 

“Oh, my sister and I have not introduced ourselves yet. My name’s Jessica and this is my younger sister, Krystal.” Jessica’s mega-watt smile could blind Jinri, but she felt a different presence looking at her with a different intensity. Jinri smiled back and meekly greeted Jessica and the younger Jung, the one whom she had quite the stare down a while back.

 

Krystal Jung, the more reserved among the Jungs, nodded slightly in acknowledgement before shifting her gaze to her older sister, whereas Jessica kept her grip on the young woman, as if calling dibs on Luna’s assistant. Jinri could feel the telepathic tension between the Jung sisters and whether their friends could sense it or not, they probably chose to keep mum about it.

 

Still keeping her grip on the unmoved Jinri, Jessica shifted her sights to her younger sibling, “Krys, would you be so kind to order some wine for our friends?” It did not seem like a request, but more of an order and Krystal sat there facing her sister, still nursing her glass of merlot. A faint smile surfaced on Krystal’s face and defiance escaped , “I’ll call the sommelier, sis. Besides, we’re sitting at the bar already and we’re the ones hosting this party.”

 

Sensing the tension, Amber shook her hands. “No need for that, Jessica-unnie. We’re just dropping by to say ‘hi’ to the both of you and this is Jinri’s first time to attend so we’re planning on introducing her to you since you might wonder who she might be.” Luna and Victoria nodded along to her. “My assistant is thrilled to have met you. And please forgive her meekness. She’s really new to these events.” Luna added in an attempt to sway the Jung sister’s tension. Jessica turned to Luna and released her supposed prisoner without batting an eyelash, “I guess, we’ll let her go and explore the eccentricities of this party, then.” Luna thanks the older Jung before pulling Jinri from the predator before she excused their group and promised Jessica to introduce the newbie to the different wonders of the party.

 

When they have left the siblings’ presence, Krystal turned to her sister with a serious look. “I saw her first, Jess.” Jessica shrugs, taking the glass of wine on the bar, sniffing the alcohol before taking a sip whilst maintaining eye contact with her dark-haired sibling. Krystal glared at her sister before downing the merlot and slamming the emptied glass on the mahogany. Jessica did not flinch, “I bet you can’t get into her gown tonight.”

 

Krystal’s lips twitched into a smirk, “How much are you willing to bet? A dollar?”

 

“A hundred bucks, Krys. Get her into the secret room and show me how good you are in bed.”

 

“And the hundred is mine?” Krystal could not pass up the opportunity, no matter how ridiculous the bet maybe. She would not hesitate to get that delicious newbie into that said room and pleasure her senseless while her sister would watch through the hidden camera. The thought of with that Jinri girl alone was enough to have her aroused. Krystal knew the girl was a pleasant meal in bed as soon as she had set her sights on her.

 

Jessica’s saccharine smile made Krystal’s grin widen. “Already ing her in your mind, Krys?” Jessica whispered, leaning close to her sister. A slight chuckle escaped Krystal’s lips before it was replaced by a restrained moan when her older sibling playfully nipped her ear. When Jessica pulled away, Krystal was raising a questioning brow at her. “What did you do that for?”

 

“She’s looking at us.” Jessica muttered under her breath, enough for her sister to hear.

 

A naughty smile played on Krystal’s lips, knowing where her sister was coming from. “You’re making a show, Jess. That’s going to make her question our relationship.” Krystal turned to stare at Jinri, whose mouth was agape at what she had just witnessed. The younger Jung winked at the flabbergasted young woman before she stood from her seat and eyes remaining locked with her target, pushed past the crowd.

 

Jinri held her breath when Krystal appeared before her, their bodies only a few inches apart. Krystal smelled like a fresh flower blooming under the summer rain, a minty breeze coloring the wind. She could feel Krystal’s hot breath caressing her face as the Jung brushed a few strands of her hair from her face. The touch lingered even when Krystal withdrew her hand. “Jess is quite the touchy person. She’s a clingy sister, too, but she loves doing that for the fun of teasing other people. I hope you weren’t the least bit disturbed by our behavior back there.” Krystal’s sultry voice gripped Jinri like a strong man’s arms. Jinri felt herself swoon over the husky timbre of the younger Jung’s tone.

 

“I-It’s nothing.” Jinri almost fainted in embarrassment for stuttering in the presence of the raven-haired goddess. She felt her confidence shatter to the floor with such a lame response. Clearing , Jinri replied once more. “It’s nothing, Miss Jung.”

 

“Krystal. Call me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter