Interesting Bet, Maknaes…

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  It was an idle afternoon for the nine girls of the Soshi dorm and most of the girls were lounging around lazily in the vast expanse of their living room. Jessica had just awakened from her much loved nap and had decided to leave her beloved bed to get an orange juice that was held hostage in their food-filled refrigerator. The girl groggily shuffled towards the kitchen passing by her idle members who were amused by whatever they were doing when something unexpected happened.

  SLAP!

  “Yah!” Jessica yelped herself awake as soon as she felt a hand land hard on her beautiful . For sure, the perpetrator was going to suffer under HellSica’s wrath. Everyone froze in the room as Jessica menacingly turned to the person who had the nerve to touch her behind, much less had the guts to slap it – HARD.

  “BYUNTAE!” was all that everyone heard in the room. Taeyeon just laughed at the girl who shot icy glares at her. She was immune to the younger girl’s piercing stares which usually had the rest of the girls under its control but Taeyeon was just an exception.

  “Taeyeon scores! Jessica ZERO!” Taeyeon smirked as she stuck a tongue out at Jessica who just gave her a pout in retaliation.

  “What’s with the sudden game-y atmosphere?” Sooyoung asked the two who seemed oblivious to the eyes peering at them.

  “Oh…Didn’t you know? They finally had it…They were now trying to arrive at a decision as to who will have the byuntae title in the group…those two just love challenging each other…” Yuri answered in a matter-of-factly fashion as she turned back to the television that had her hooked up before TaengSic’s outbursts.

  “Yah! You come here, Kim Taeyeon!” Jessica bellowed as she started chasing the Kid Leader towards the kitchen. The Ice Princess had apparently forgotten about her orange juice after the slap.

  Yoona, who had been amused at her unnie’s constant bickering, watched on while Seohyun kept mum about the two eldest girls’ childish acts.

  “Hey…Juhyun-ah…Want to bet?” Yoona said suddenly with a strange smile across her face.

  Seo Juhyun sighed in resignation to her unnie. “What’s the bet about this time, unnie? The last time we made a bet, you lost a great deal of money to me…”

  A playful slap landed on Seohyun’s forearm as she and Yoona giggled at her response. “Wow! You’ve changed a lot, maknae!”

  “I have…”

  “Okay, here’s the bet…We’ll see who’s the better byuntae among Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica-unnie…”

  “Whoa…That’s a little hard…but it’s worth a try…”

  Yoona grinned. “So, who’s your bet, maknae?”

  “Hmmm…I’ll have to go with Taeyeon-unnie…I just had a hunch that she’s a level higher than Jessica-unnie…”

  “Okay…You made your choice…I’ll put my money on Jessica-unnie…She has our almost bare bodies safely stashed in her cell phone…I don’t know what she’s doing with them…and I’m kind of curious about what she’s doing with those pictures when she’s flipping through them…”

  The two maknaes giggled earning the attention of the other girls who were lazing around with them. Sunny, who had overheard their conversation, took her eyes off her game console to join in.

  “Yah! You maknaes are such byuntaes yourselves for thinking about this interesting bet…But, may I join your cause?” the bunny perked up which startled the two girls who thought their conversations were secured for themselves.

  Yoona and Seohyun nervously scanned the room and they sadly realized that everyone except for the two byuntaes who were chasing each other around had heard of their ridiculous bet.

  “My bet’s on Taeyeon!” Sooyoung announced as she raised her hand.

  “My money’s on Jessica!” Yuri smiled as she took her eyes from the television screen to stare at the two maknaes who started it all.

  “I’m definitely going for my roommate…” Sunny added when she found the maknaes speechless.

  Tiffany laughed at the girls’ odd conversations. This was definitely interesting and something worth to pass their idle day together.

  “I’m going for my ex-roommate!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she laughed along with the rest of the group. Then all eyes turned to Tiffany who had yet to reveal her choice for the bet. 

  “Uh…I don’t know…I can’t seem to choose between those two…They’re pretty much abusing me too much that I don’t know who’s better than who…”

  Everyone laughed at her remark. They all knew that Taeyeon and Jessica had been ‘molesting’ Tiffany the most – from Taeyeon’s slaps to Jessica’s playful touches.

  “Yah! Fany-ah…you can just choose whoever was more byuntae among the two of them…” Hyoyeon said as she patted the troubled girl’s back.

  The other girls continued giggling while the two byuntaes were still stuck in the kitchen running around – one trying to catch the other while the shorter one trying to evade the clutches of another byun.

  “Hmmm…I’d have to choose-“

  A crashing sound was heard from the kitchen and all the girls stood and rushed towards the room to see what has happened.

  “Ah!” Taeyeon yelped when she felt a body crash towards her. The two eldest girls came tumbling towards the floor which caused the huge thud that had alerted the younger girls earlier.

  Before Taeyeon could pry herself from the younger girl’s body on top of her, she felt a huge slap land across her behind. The eldest girl let out a yelp of pain as Jessica smirked while she straddle the girl who had slapped her .

  “That’s your punishment for touching my precious behind.” Jessica said with a satisfied smile on her face oblivious to the seven pairs of eyes looking at them.

  “Ow! Jessica scores! Now we’re even!” Yoona unconsciously said loud enough for the eldest girls to turn their attention to the seven girls who had been enjoying the scene the whole time.

  “Yah! What do you mean even? And what’s with this scoring thing, Yoona?” Jessica glared without moving from her current position.

  Taeyeon, who was slumped on the floor tried to crawl her way out of the girl sitting on her back. But she couldn’t manage to lift the weight of Jessica from her body. She just gave up instead.

  The six younger girls giggled while Yoona tried to find the words to explain their outrageous bet. A smirk appeared on Jessica’s face when everything made sense to her after Yoona’s explanation.

  “Well…You all know that I’m the real byuntae here…” Jessica cockily said as her eyes landed on the helpless midget underneath her.

  “Hey! I’m the byuntae here…You’re nowhere near my level of byun-ness, Sica!” Taeyeon growled as she struggled to free herself from the dead weight of the Ice Princess pinning her down.

  The seven girls watched on as the arguments turned into a struggle for power.

  “Wow, this is more interesting than watching any variety show…” Sooyoung smirked as she brought a tub of popcorn for everyone to dig in.

  “Aigoo…I can’t decide between those two byuns!” Tiffany wailed in defeat as she watched her favorite Soshi pair wrestle it out.

  The two maknaes just laughed at their unnie’s confusion. “It’s all right, unnie…We all know why they’re called the byun-couple by our fans…”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter