Christmas Dinner

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mom! Soojung’s at it again!!!” Six-year-old Sooyeon shouts as she tries to chase her younger sister who’s been giggling and running like a little scoundrel that she is. Soojung laughs her sweet summery one as she carries away her sister’s prized backpack and scurries into the hallway. Sooyeon huffs as she chases after the little troublemaker. “Get back here, Soojung!”

 

Soojung merely squeals as she heads to their shared room and hides beneath the bed covers. Sooyeon chuckles upon seeing her little sister’s antics. She creeps silently into their room and carefully lifts the cover, snatching Baby Jung by her feet, earning an ear-piercing scream of surprise before she pulls Soojung a bit and proceeds to tickle the younger girl.

 

“Ahahahahaa!” Soojung laughs as she squirms in her older sibling’s grasp. “Unnie!”

 

Sooyeon slips into bed with her and cuddles her one year old sibling, both of them erupting in laughter as they rolled on the bed, messing up the sheets. When their mirth had died down, Sooyeon pulls her younger sister up and takes her backpack, carefully tidying up their shared bed before she led the younger Jung by the hand out of the room. “Let’s go, Soojung.’’

 

Baby Jung clasps her sister’s hand, intertwining their fingers before they head for the door where their parents were already waiting. Sooyeon carefully puts on her younger sister’s coat and shoes, lacing the little boots together before she shrugs into her own jacket and winter boots. Fixing Soojung’s cap, Sooyeon follows their parents’ lead out of the house and into the cold winter air. The younger sibling immediately melts into her sister’s body as they enter the car and proceed to the meeting place.

 

+++

 

“Amber! Don’t do that! No! No climbing on the chairs, Luna! Yah, Sulli!” Victoria’s sweat beaded her brows as she tries to keep the kids from injuries and danger. The restaurant was packed with families, elite ones and stuck in their own booths as waiters and waitresses scurry to cater to their needs. Victoria finds herself anxiously waiting for the Jungs to arrive as she cannot seem to keep the kids inside their reserved area.

 

Amber is about to head out of the designated booth when she bumped into a tall figure. The child looks up and a smile creeps up her face upon seeing a familiar person. “Uncle!” Amber proceeds to hug the older man. Mr. Jung smiles and lifts Amber up, catching Luna by the hand as the little girl tries to run away. Victoria settles down in her seat with a sigh of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter