Hello, Baby! 23

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23

 

Everyone in the foyer, including both Jessica and Taeyeon, froze in their seat as Krystal’s footsteps echoed through the room.

 

“Unnie – oh – you didn’t tell me we’ve got company.” Krystal remarked as she noticed the visitors. Jessica motioned for her younger sibling to come and sit with her before responding, “Soojung, I’d want you to talk with us. And they came on short notice, so I wasn’t able to inform you.”

 

Little did Jessica know that it was Krystal who had convinced Yoong to come over to their place, Jessica was oblivious to Krystal’s ruse to stop whatever Jessica and Taeyeon were doing in the confines of Krystal’s room although the younger Jung was obviously too late.

 

“Hi, Krystal.” Sunny and the other ‘visitors’ chorused, as they all nervously waved at the other inhabitant of the Jung residence. Krystal merely nodded at them as she settled down beside her sister.

 

“So, what’s all this about?” Krystal asked, eyeing each and every one of the members.

 

Young gulped before speaking up, “Well, uhm, since your unnie and Taeyeon-noona has gone back to normal, we were asking if you could, uhm,” he shifted his gaze to his comrades before reverting his sight back to Krystal, “get us back to normal?”

 

Krystal merely stared back at him for a moment before raising a skeptical brow, “I might consider the others save for you and Juhyun.” The lack of formalities was a tell-tale sign that Krystal was still pissed off at the two maknaes for pulling the cruel prank on her older sibling. Jessica and Taeyeon merely gave the two young men apologetic looks as they could not do anything to change Krystal’s decision.

 

“I’ll come up with the antidotes after I take a quick shower.” Krystal told Sunny and the rest, much to all their relief. The younger Jung stood up from her seat, heading towards her room – the room both Taeyeon and Jessica previously occupied. Jessica grew alarmed, her eyes widening as her sister sauntered towards the room where she and Taeyeon ‘played’.

 

Quickly grabbing her sister’s hand, Jessica yanked her sister back and gave her a nervous smile when the surprised younger Jung almost fell back. “What the-” Krystal was about to yell at her older sibling when Taeyeon managed to cut her short.

 

“Uhm, Soojung, shouldn’t you have dinner with us first before freshening up for the night? I’ll prepare a sumptuous meal for everyone while your unnie fixes your bath for you. What do you say?” Taeyeon said as she cast a knowing look at Jessica.

 

“Hmm. Sure. That sounds like a nice idea.”

 

Both the oldest gave out a sigh of relief as Krystal and the rest headed for the kitchen.

 

“You better clean up the sheets and prepare Soojung’s bath while I cook up a storm for those hungry kids.” Taeyeon whispered to Jessica, gently pushing her towards Soojung’s room.

 

“Okay. But will you be all right?” Jessica asked, worried for her dearest, “Those kids could be demanding, you know.”

 

“Don’t worry about me. Just…” Taeyeon’s cheeks reddened at the thought of what laid beyond the confines of Krystal’s bedroom door. “Just make sure she doesn’t see the mess or suspect a thing when she enters her room.”

 

Jessica nodded, a hint of a blush rising from her cheeks as well. They gave each other one last knowing look before Jessica slipped into Krystal’s room.

 

+++

 

The kitchen was awkwardly silent as everyone helped Taeyeon prepare their dinner. Krystal’s presence has proved to tame everyone in the room. The stoic younger Jung seated herself at the counter, eyes watching the older women like a hawk. A cup of Nesquik was placed before her by Taeyeon, earning a soft ‘thank you’ from the younger Jung.

 

“So, what did you two do while I was away?” Krystal asked as she watched Taeyeon begin to gather her ingredients for dinner.

 

“We practically spent the day sleeping.” Taeyeon lied, hoping that her alibi was reasonable enough for Krystal to believe although a raised eyebrow from the younger Jung indicated otherwise.

 

“Really now…”

 

“Yes, Soojung-ah. Your unnie and I were so tired that we felt too lazy to do anything.” Taeyeon replied with a smile that she hoped would convince the younger Jung.

 

Lucky for her, Krystal shifted her attention to her warm cup of chocolate. Taeyeon mentally heaved a sigh of relief as she resumed her dinner preparations with Hyoyeon and Sunny helping her. The rest of the girls were tasked with preparing the desserts; all of them being observed by Krystal from her seat at the counter.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter