Monochrome Kiss

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a special birthday one shot to one of my favorite authors and dear friend, vodkaice-unnie. She's the master behind 'No Strings Attached' and it's sequel, 'Heartbeat'. :3 Enjoy!

 

 

The monochrome blows 

Through our colorless encounter.

I shall entrust each of my pains to you

 

It was a day painted in grey and the skies were threatening a downpour as everyone practically scrambled for shelter. Taeyeon stood by the sidewalk, waiting not so patiently for a bus or a cab to pass by. She deliberately ignored the flash of lightning and the roar of thunder that warned her of the incoming storm. Defiantly, she stood her ground as the first droplets began to fall. She was too deep in her wrath to care.

 

And so, minutes later, Taeyeon found herself soaked to the bone but she still refused to give in to the weather as she allowed the rain to at least appease the fiery anger in her heart. Footsteps echoed the now silenced sidewalk, accompanying the pitter patter of the rain. Taeyeon did not give notice until she felt the raindrops halting their onslaught on her. Looking up, she saw the underside of a black umbrella and in her curiosity; she traced the handle to the hand holding it, noting the Burberry trench coat dressing the arm.

 

A young woman, around her age, was holding the umbrella over her and Taeyeon found her wrath finally extinguished by this person’s intense gaze. Taeyeon found her reflection trapped in the stranger’s dark orbs and what she saw was a pitiful creature reflected in those eyes.

 

“You’re soaked.” The stranger pointed out, handing her a white kerchief for her to wipe her face. “Were you planning to head home?” With the tilt of the head, the stranger asked. Taeyeon paused in her movement, the kerchief now soaked after having wiped her wet face. Eyes searched for any hints of vile schemes but Taeyeon only found sincerity in those expressive eyes.

 

“Uhm, I was supposed to wait for a cab, but then it rained. Sorry for giving you trouble and thank you for the help.” Taeyeon tried her best to cast the young woman a smile before her eyes shifted to the kerchief. “You can have that.” The stranger said, motioning for her to keep it. “You’re too kind.” Taeyeon remarked, tilting her head once she realized that they haven’t introduced themselves yet.  “Oh, my name’s Taeyeon Kim, by the way.” She mustered her sweetest smile.

 

The stranger returned her grin, “Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you.”

 

That marked the start of a wonderful connection between them.

 

The unforgiving autumn,

Which forcefully traces my scars, comes

While your cool fingers still beckon me

 

Taeyeon was not a very pleasant person. She had issues that ran for miles and her being an introvert did not really help with proper first impressions. A figure materialized by her side and wrapped a vice grip on her arm, “What the heck was wrong with you?! We almost lost a client!” Taeyeon faced her partner, face void of expression. “They’re too chirpy. I don’t like those bubbly people.”

 

Her partner sighed, rolling her eyes at the ridiculous excuse. “You and your people issues. You need to see a therapist, Taeyeon. We’re working with people here. You need to at least set those issues aside for you to survive a day at work.” Taeyeon shrugged before she ambled away from her partner’s grasp. “I need a break.”

 

“Go on. Have all the time you want.” Her partner shooed her, understanding where she came from. Taeyeon closed the door to the emergency exit and puffed out the cold air. She leaned against the concrete, eyes closed. She had only been in silence’s company for a few minutes when the door busted open, startling her.

 

“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you.”

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes to register a familiar face. Her grin automatically appeared upon noting the person’s presence.

 

“Brought you lunch!” Taeyeon’s eyes took in the paper bag being dangled before her. The smell of homemade dish wafted into her nose. Without further ado, Taeyeon pushed herself off the wall, mind forgetting her inner turmoil as she intertwined her fingers with the woman before allowing herself to be pulled back into the edifice.     

 

After I'd melted, you tenderly save

The troublesome, icy me

And toy around with me with a kiss

 

“You’ve been chirpy lately.” Her partner pointed out, earning a surprised look from her. Taeyeon shrugged it off, pushing past her friend as she went about her business. “Shut up and do your job.” Taeyeon chided as she strode back to her place inside the office.

 

“I notice that you’ve been hanging around Miss Gorgeous lately. She seemed to have a good effect on you and your mood.” Her partner teased, unfazed by the glare that Taeyeon had cast her way. Taeyeon found it best to ignore the foolish teasing and tried as best to tune out her partner’s remarks. “Oh, speaking of which, here she comes now.” And that was enough to distract Taeyeon’s attention.

 

“Hi, Miss Gorgeous.” Her partner greeted, earning a generous smack on the shoulder courtesy of Taeyeon. “Please, you’re being too kind,” said Miss Gorgeous, “Just call me, Jessica, instead.” Taeyeon’s partner grinned, “Wow. Lovely name for a lovely lady.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “Very smooth, Jinri. Very smooth.” Jinri just gave her a shrug before she cast Jessica a mega-watt smile.

 

“I’ll be out on a break since you two love birds need some alone time.” Jinri winked at Jessica, who only chuckled at Taeyeon’s partner’s cheekiness. Turning her attention to Taeyeon, Jessica leaned forward and pecked Taeyeon’s lips.

 

Taeyeon stiffened when Jessica pulled away. “What was that for?” Jessica only smiled before she set herself on the chair before Taeyeon’s desk. “Nothing. I just wanted to kiss you.” Eyes locked with Taeyeon’s, reflecting a flabbergasted and blushing version of herself in those dark orbs. “Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked, lips dry and wanting of those moist and invasive pair of Jessica’s lips.

 

“I just wanted to see you, is all. I’ll be waiting outside.”

 

Taeyeon’s brows furrow, “You don’t have work now?”

 

Jessica shook her head, “I’m done for the day.” She grinned before she granted another peck on Taeyeon’s lips, leaving a dazed Taeyeon without a word.     

   

Nevertheless, I search for a single form of love

Your dried eyes tied it to the present from a time far beyond

If I can, I want to end while shrouded like this

Together, we concealed our pale selves; the moon is hiding, too

 

Taeyeon awakened from her slumber on one hot night. She moved with caution as she slipped off the bed to grab a glass of water to calm herself. Standing before the huge window of her apartment, she willed her thoughts to ponder on her current position. Eyes wandered over the strobe of lights decorating the city skyline. Taeyeon wondered what could have happened had that fateful rainy day not chanced upon her troubled form.

 

‘The past is the past.’ S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter