Hello, Baby! 24

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 

 

“I think everyone should stay for the night so that we can see how things are in the morning and if the antidote did work.” Krystal announced when everyone had their share of the antidote cookies. The youngest Jung was wise enough to secure the remaining ones and place them in a locked container before hiding them in a locked cupboard.

 

“Great idea! This feels like a slumber party!” Tiffany cheered as she texted their manager to inform the company of their sudden plans. “We should have someone bring a change of clothes for us.” She turned to the two young men, who were still bummed about not being able to receive the cure to their conditions. Everyone else followed her gaze, making Yoong and Seo squirm in their seats.

 

Tiffany shifted her eyes back to her fellows, “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

 

Hyoyeon grinned, “If you’re thinking of sending those two to sneak back into our dorms, and risk themselves getting caught and have the security think of them as s trying to steal stuff from us, then I’m on the same page.”

 

Tiffany’s grin transformed into a frown, “Right, I haven’t thought of the latter part. We need someone familiar to be with them. Someone a little immune to media scrutiny…” Tiffany’s eyes lingered on each of Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, before they landed on Sunny.

 

“Me?!” Sunny pointed to herself, surprise written all over her face.

 

“Yes, you.” Tiffany said with finality, “You’re the only one who’s immune to all the paparazzi and they’re scared of you too.” Her smile reappeared.

 

“Fany’s right.” Yuri seconded as she presented her opinion, “You’re the sole person the media would be scared to report on. Besides, if you appear with these two goons, here, they will think they’re your personal bodyguards.”

 

“Yah, noona!” Yoong admonished, “you’re being mean.”

 

Yuri just stuck her tongue out at her now gender-bent ‘twin’.

 

“Or they could be your personal help to assist you with all of our change of clothes.” Sooyoung added, hoping to convince their most petite member to concede.

 

“Hmm,” Sunny thought aloud, “that’s fair enough. But, we’ll have to wait for the company’s confirmation of allowing us this off day.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes lit up upon feeling her phone vibrate. She unlocked her phone and read the message with excitement in her eyes, “Guys! They agreed!” Eyes landed back on Sunny, “You’re good to go!”

 

Sunny sighed, “I guess I don’t have much of a choice, do I?” Eyeing everyone, she observed as everyone, including the two former babies and the youngest Jung gave her expectant looks. “Hmph, fine! I’ll do it!” She stood up like a child persuaded to do something against their will. The rest of the girls cheered, most especially Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Sooyoung who stood up to wrap Sunny in their arms in a victory dance.

 

The sight of it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter