Hello, Baby! (The sequel to Indirect Kisses and Subtle Glances)

From the Old and Torn Portfolio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present Day

 

“Choi Sooyoung!” The mentioned woman turned, flinching at the urgent sound of her full name. Her phone had been abandoned after seeing a seething woman with a baby carrier, the woman’s arms akimbo as sniffles were heard from the little bundle attached to the fuming lady.

 

“What?” The Choi shot back, irritation evident on her tone as she placed her phone on the coffee table, stood up from the comforts of the couch, and sauntered over to the woman with a sniveling baby.

 

“Go make yourself useful and feed Baby Goo her needed milk. I have a schedule in a bit.”

 

“But, Sunny-ah-”

 

“No buts, Choi! You’re the only one with the free day today and you’re taking care of the two kids!” Sunny said with finality as she handed the baby carrier along with Baby Goo over to the defeated Choi.

 

“Ugh, don’t tell me this little menace’s partner is asleep?” Sooyoung raised a brow, eyeing the pair of pearly innocent orbs staring right back up at her as Sunny secured Baby Goo’s carrier straps on Sooyoung’s form.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot about her!” Sunny palmed herself after realizing a mistake, “Menace number 2 is asleep inside your room. Don’t worry. Your older sister seemed to be watching over her along with your pets.”

 

“How did we come upon this predicament again, Lee Soonkyu?” Sooyoung stared at Sunny before they both moved to the kitchen, where a huge bag filled with two cans of baby formulas, a pair of baby bottles, two packs of diapers, four sets of baby’s clothes, and some wipes, sat on the Choi’s counter.

 

Sooyoung watched as Sunny moved about, making the milk formula with mother-like expertise before pushing the milk-filled bottle towards Sooyoung, which Baby Goo hungrily took and began feeding from.

 

“Blame goes to all of us for getting into this predicament…again. And in my opinion, this is so much worse than last time! At least, we get to have the adults back then, not the babies…” Sunny replied to which Baby Goo had paused in her ling, a frown evident on the baby’s face.

 

“Sorry, Baby Goo. I’m stressed; hope you understood where I came from.” Sunny apologized before the baby could make a fuss out of what she had said. “Yuri’s going to pick up the kids at around six, so I don’t think five hours with them would be too much for you.”

 

“Y-Yah!” Sooyoung protested as the shortest member simply passed by her, “I would’ve agreed if it was your nephew, but these kids aren’t normal, Soonkyu-ah. You can’t just leave me like this!”

 

Sunny huffed as Sooyoung tailed her to the door. The shortest member turned to the towering one, who somehow looked like a real mom now that she was carrying a baby. A smile ghosted over Sunny’s lips before she leaned forward to level her eyes with the baby, who seemed not to care about anything save for the milk she was ling. Sunny patted the baby’s head, earning a curious look from the petite body.

 

“Baby Goo, Mommy Sunny’s going to work now. Be good, okay?” Sunny cooed as she planted a sweet kiss on the baby’s smooth cheeks. “Love you, Baby Goo.”

 

Sooyoung could only roll her eyes as Sunny treated someone technically older than them, like a real baby. “Sunny, she may be a baby now but she’s still got a mind of an adult you know. The maknaes have briefed us about that!”

 

“But she’s adorable! Anyway, I have to go. Take care of the kids, Sooyoung!” Sunny smiled, tiptoeing to hug and kiss her dear friend before she disappeared out the door of the Choi household.

 

A loud sigh resounded from the tall woman. Her eyes landed on the oblivious bundle snuggled up in the carrier she was currently strapped to. The baby’s crown graced her line of vision and the bottle sticking out of the carrier made her realize that this was going to be the most stressful five hours she’ll have in her existence.

 

“Oh, Sooyoung-ah.” Sooyoung whipped her head towards the direction of the familiar voice. Her mom padded through the foyer, an amused expression settled on the elder’s face. “Didn’t expect to see the day where I’d find you with a baby carrier with an actual baby on it.” Sooyoung’s mother chuckled as she reveled in the sight of her daughter.

 

A defeated sigh escaped Sooyoung’s lips as she slumped on the couch, causing for her movement to startle the feeding baby. Sooyoung’s mom shook her head at her youngest daughter’s gesture.

 

“Don’t do that,” Sooyoung’s mom lightly tapped her maknae’s thigh. “Baby Goo is feeding. The child’s almost done with the bottle.”

 

Sooyoung casted a tired glance at her mother before leaning her head back in exhaustion. “Mom, can you take care of Baby Goo for me? I’ll go ahead and check up on the little devil sleeping in my room.”

 

Mama Choi eyed her daughter for a while before her eyes settled on the cute little bundle still engrossed with on her baby bottle. Mama Choi’s smile began to form as the baby made eye contact with her, pausing her les before releasing ’s hold on the teat with a pop. Sooyoung’s mother chuckled when the baby smiled at her.

 

“Aww, look how cute she is, Sooyoungie! She still recognizes me even if she had turned into a baby!”

 

“Mom, can you please hold her for a bit?” Sooyoung asked as she took the bottle from the baby’s hands and removed the little bundle from the carrier before handing Baby Goo over to her mom.

 

“I’d be glad to watch over Taenguru.” Sooyoung’s mother said with a smile. The elder woman was quick to hand back the baby bottle to the child, who was now lying on her side with her head rested on Mama Choi’s lap. Baby Goo, or Taenguru as Mama Choi would call her, resumed her feeding as soon as she took hold of the bottle.

 

Sooyoung watched her mom take care of Baby Goo in amusement before she strode down the hallway towards her room. Sooyoung crept quietly, slowly sliding her bedroom door open only to startle herself with a familiar canine wagging its tail at her presence.

 

“Soori, don’t do that again!” Sooyoung quietly scolded as she tiptoed into her dimmed room noticing two lumps on her bed, one much bigger than the other.

 

Sooyoung’s eyes la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter