Lies

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(A day later)

 

“What were you two doing when Hyunseung was robbed?!” the manager of the convenience store, Mr. Park Jungsu, shrieked at the Gikwang and Dongwoon. The couple shrank back in fear and watched as Jungsu’s fiancé, Kim Youngwoon, calmed the elder male down.

“Relax, Jungsu. You should stop getting angry like this, alright? This isn’t any good for our baby,” Youngwoon reminded Jungsu. Gikwang, Dongwoon, Doojoon and Hyunseung widened their eyes at the new piece of info.

“Hyung, you’re pregnant? Congratulations!” Hyunseung exclaimed and hugged Jungsu. Jungsu smiled and nodded, hugging the younger male back.

“Thanks, Hyunseung. But the two of you aren’t off the hook yet,” Jungsu warned, narrowing his eyes at the two who just smiled sheepishly. “I’ll check the security tape if you don’t own up.”

Gikwang and Dongwoon immediately got flustered and Gikwang spoke up.

“Jungsu hyung, we were just… You know what we do when we’re tired! We had to perk ourselves up!” Gikwang tried to defend Dongwoon and himself. Jungsu just sighed and shook his head.

“You guys should have just gotten a coffee or something. See what happens when you leave your post? I guess I can’t do much though. Hyunseung, let me see that injury or yours,” Jungsu ordered. Gikwang and Dongwoon heaved a sigh of relief as they heard what Jungsu said.

“No! I’m sorry hyung, but I don’t want to remove the gauze! It hurts,” Hyunseung whined and pouted at Jungsu. Jungsu just nodded and smiled lightly at Hyunseung.

“Fine, I won’t force you. Go see a doctor alright? Doojoon, accompany Hyunseung to the doctor and take good care of him at home, got it?” Jungsu instructed. Doojoon nodded.

“No problem hyung. I was planning on bringing him to the doctor later anyway,” Doojoon replied with a small smile which Jungsu gladly returned.

“Jungsu, do you want me to bring you home or do you want to go home on your own?” Youngwoon asked his fiancé.

“I’ll go back by myself. Get to work,” Jungsu told his fiancé and gave him a peck on the cheek before waving him out. Youngwoon bid goodbye to the others and kissed Jungsu on the crown, leaving the convenience store while shouting, “Don’t tire yourself out babe!”

Jungsu chuckled and dragged out a chair to sit on. They hadn’t opened the convenience store since they had been settling matters earlier on, but it seems like Jungsu wasn’t finished.

“I thought that he’d never leave,” Jungsu said in relief, receiving a few weird stares from the other four who were in front of him. “Oh, don’t get me wrong. I love Youngwoon, but he hasn’t stopped being overprotective ever since I got pregnant.”

“Jungsu hyung, do you still have something to say?” Dongwoon asked in confusion. Jungsu nodded and gestured for the four to sit down before he began speaking.

“Hyunseung, getting robbed is a very serious matter. And he threatened you, as well as assaulted you. I have to report this to the superiors, and they’ll call the police for sure. Can you remember what the robber looked like?” Jungsu asked. Hyunseung gulped.

I can’t tell Jungsu hyung. I don’t want that man to be arrested. I haven’t even gotten to know his name! Wait, if he’s arrested, I should know his name, right? Wait that isn’t the point! I can’t tell Jungsu hyung because the man deserves a second chance, and I deserve a chance to know him better.

With that thought in mind, Hyunseung shook his head firmly.

“Really?” Hyunseung shook his head again. “Ok, then I’ll have to check the surveillance cameras and see if his face had been captured,” Jungsu said and Hyunseung mentally face-palmed himself. How could he have forgotten about the surveillance cameras?

Hyunseung sighed as Jungsu went off to where the recordings for the cameras were kept.

“Hyunseung hyung, do you really not remember that robber’s face?” Gikwang asked incredulously. “I mean he was holding the knife at your neck; you looked at him at such a close proximity. You really don’t remember?”

Hyunseung glared at Gikwang, trying to get him to shut up. “Yah, Lee Gikwang, do you think that I’m lying for some bastard who gave me this stupid injury?”

Yes.

“Well… that’s true,” Dongwoon mumbled to himself.

“Yeah, get my point?” Hyunseung retorted. Damn that was close.

Jungsu returned to the store, looking a little upset.

“The camera didn’t capture his face. I think he’s already done his research and he knows where he won’t be captured. Hyunseung, take the day off and visit the doctor. Gikwang and Dongwoon, you guys are taking the morning and night shifts, got it?” Jungsu asked, glaring at the two. Gikwang and Dongwoon nodded nervously and Jungsu turned to Doojoon and Hyunseung.

“Yes, hyung?” Hyunseung asked.

“You know what? I’ll bring you to the doctor. I have a checkup today and Youngwoon has a meeting so he can’t accompany me,” Jungsu decided. Hyunseung gave a small smile and nodded.

“Are you sure that isn’t too troublesome, hyung? It would be good if you could bring him because my coach just called me back for extra practice,” Doojoon informed Jungsu while looking at the new message.

“Get going then! Come with me, Hyunseung. As for you two, don’t even think about slacking. I’m watching you,” Jungsu warned and walked out of the store. “Hyunseung?”

Hyunseung snapped out of his trance and looked at Jungsu. “Coming!”

Gikwang and Dongwoon watched sadly as Hyunseung skipped out of the store behind Jungsu. The couple sighed and resigned themselves to their fate, getting ready to open.

 

------------------------------

 

“Jungsu hyung, wait up!” Hyunseung exclaimed. He ran up to walk beside Jungsu and eyed the elder male. Is there something… wrong with Jungsu? Why is he completely ignoring Hyunseung?

Hyunseung put a hand on Jungsu’s shoulder and stopped him. “Hyung, what’s wrong?”

Jungsu turned to Hyunseung and Hyunseung drew the elder male into a comforting hug as he saw Jungsu’s teary eyes. He patted Jungsu’s back comfortingly and shushed him.

“Let’s take a cab to your doctor and tell me what’s wrong, alright?” Hyunseung suggested softly. Jungsu nodded and Hyunseung hailed a cab, helping Jungsu in before he himself boarded the cab and shut the door. Jungsu told the driver where the clinic was and sagged against Hyunseung.

“So what’s wrong?” Hyunseung tried again.

“I’m almost past my first trimester now, and the doctor says that I might have some complications during the pregnancy. He says that there is a high chance of me miscarrying if there are still complications found after the checkup today. I’m scared,” Jungsu whimpered.

“Hyung, everything will be fine. You have to be strong and relax, ok? Does Youngwoon hyung know?” Hyunseung questioned. Youngwoon has a right to know since he is the father.

Jungsu shook his head and bit his lower lip. “Don’t tell.”

Well… since I already lied to Jungsu hyung, I might as well help him lie too.

Hyunseung nodded and hugged Jungsu. “Everything will be fine, hyung.”

Eventually, Jungsu fell asleep, his head resting on Hyunseung’s shoulder. The driver stopped the cab and looked at Hyunseung, telling him that they had arrived. Hyunseung lightly shook Jungsu awake. The elder male rubbed his eyes and looked around him, tensing immediately.

“Thank you,” Hyunseung said to the driver and paid before alighting, Jungsu following behind him. The two walked into the clinic and Jungsu told the nurse that he was there for an appointment.

“Ah, Mr. Park Jungsu. Sit down and we’ll call you when it’s your turn. How about your friend?” the nurse asked with a smile on her face.

“It’s my first visit here and I’d like to register. My name is Jang Hyunseung and…” Hyunseung gave the necessary details to the nurse and sat down beside Jungsu who was shaking in his seat.

Hyunseung didn’t know what to do, so he just started a random conversation.

“Hyung, what does it mean when you can’t take your mind off of someone?” Hyunseung blurted out. It was the first thing that came to mind and we obviously know who he’s talking about.

Jungsu looked at Hyunseung with a confused expression on his face, but his mind was brought off the topic about his pregnancy for the moment.

“It probably means that you like the person, doesn’t it? Why?” Jungsu now wore a smirk on his face as he questioned Hyunseung.

“My friend was just asking because he feels like that,” Hyunseung lied.

“Who is it?”

“I told you, it’s my friend. But if you want to know, it’s because there was a really handsome man who caught his eye and he doesn’t know if he’ll ever see the man again. The man’s always on his mind though,” Hyunseung admitted shyly.

“So someone finally caught your eye huh? I thought it’d never happen!” Jungsu exclaimed and hugged Hyunseung. “I’m happy for you, Hyunseung.”

Hyunseung shook his head profusely, but Jungsu already knew that he was talking about himself. Hence, Hyunseung tried to change the topic. “But seriously hyung, what did it feel like when you knew that you liked Youngwoon hyung?”

Jungsu thought about this for a moment. “You think of him all the time, wondering when you’ll see him again and how he’s doing. You probably won’t have an appetite and you just want to talk to him throughout the night about useless things, just to hear his voice.”

. This is bad. The man injured me and robbed me! Why of all people would I like him?!

Jungsu was about to ask more when the nurse called for him, and his face turned pale instantly. Hyunseung pulled him up and held his hand tightly.

“Hyung, you can do it! There won’t be anything wrong, ok? Just be positive and everything will turn out fine,” Hyunseung assured Jungsu, opening the door to the doctor’s office and letting Jungsu enter.

Jungsu nodded and relaxed a little.

“Hwaiting!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the second update! Ok I know I ended it off weirdly but if I didn't end it, the chapter would never end!

I hope you guys like this chapter too~! And if you haven't noticed, I just had to put mpreg in this cause I am super obsessed with mpreg XP And I already added the mpreg tag X)

I guess it's too obvious that the handsome robber is Junnie huh? Ah well~! :D

Ok so I shall update again sometime next wk arasso? Annyeong! ^^