Investigation

You Make Me A Good Man

(A day later)

 

Hyunseung was woken rather rudely the next morning, hearing his ringtone sound loudly in the otherwise quiet apartment. Letting a smile creep onto his face upon realising that Junhyung was still in him, he set out to find his phone.

Hyunseung tried to reach over to the bedside table without moving around too much and waking Junhyung up, but that was impossible since the younger male had his arms wrapped around Hyunseung protectively. Hyunseung felt Junhyung hug him tighter and groan sleepily, letting out a soft giggle at how clingy his boyfriend was being. He finally found his phone and took a look at the caller ID, frowning when he saw that it was Jungsu calling him. He then looked at the time and his frown only deepened. It’s 8.13am. What would Jungsu hyung want from me at this time?

Hyunseung hastily picked up the call and brought the phone to his ear. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hyunseung, where are you now? I need you and Junhyung at the store,” Jungsu ordered. Hyunseung raised his brows, wondering why Jungsu sounded so panicked. Did something happen? Hyunseung’s gaze landed on Junhyung and he gently shook Junhyung awake.

“We’ll be there as soon as possible, hyung,” Hyunseung replied, trying to pry Junhyung’s arms off his waist. He heard a heavy sigh from Jungsu, as well as sirens, and he only became even more confused as to what was happening at the store right then.

“I’ll see you later.” Jungsu hung up and Hyunseung sighed. Junhyung finally decided to let go of Hyunseung and sat up properly. He turned to look at Hyunseung with a raised brow and Hyunseung shrugged, not having any idea what was going on either.

“We’re needed at the store. It seems serious,” Hyunseung said, already getting up to find his clothes. Junhyung stretched and got up as well, picking his stray clothes off the floor and dumping them in the laundry basket. He took a fresh set of clothes from his wardrobe before entering the shower where Hyunseung was.

“Aren’t you sore from last night?” Junhyung asked curiously while shampooing his hair. Hyunseung let out a yawn before shrugging, and Junhyung chuckled at how adorable Hyunseung looked at the moment. They showered quickly, drying themselves off before dressing. Junhyung didn’t bother making any breakfast, instead opting to eat breakfast outside, and the couple immediately drove off to the store.

Once they neared the store, Junhyung and Hyunseung both heard the police sirens loud and clear. They could also see the blue and red flashing lights, and Junhyung looked at Hyunseung nervously. “Do you think Jungsu hyung called them over?” Junhyung asked, obviously worried about being caught. In the past, he would never have minded being sent to jail, but now he had Hyunseung. Who knows how long he could be gone for, if he was ever caught?

Hyunseung shook his head confidently. “Jungsu hyung would never call them to arrest you. I think something happened. Come on,” Hyunseung said, getting off the car and waiting for Junhyung. He grabbed hold of his boyfriend’s hand and gave an assuring squeeze to let Junhyung know that everything would be fine.

The moment the store really came into view, Hyunseung gasped. There was broken glass all over the floor and the doors to the store were both shattered. Yoseob, Doojoon, Gikwang and Dongwoon stood outside the store with Jungsu, all of them being interrogated by the police that were there. Hyunseung was a little relieved upon realising that Hyukjae and Donghae weren’t there, since Hyukjae seemed to recognise Junhyung. In fact, the policemen looked new to the force.

“What happened here?” Hyunseung asked, walking carefully and making sure not to step on any of the glass fragments. Jungsu thanked the policemen who went back to investigating the store, and he turned to look at both Hyunseung and Junhyung morosely. Really, it didn’t take much to figure out what had happened the previous night.

“Someone broke into the store.”

 

---------------------

 

The policemen introduced themselves as Lee Joon, Bang Cheolyong and Park Sanghyun. They explained that someone had clearly broken into the store last night, at around 1.45am, according to the surveillance tapes. There was only one man, but the store was too dark to make out who the man was. They had to interrogate each of the people working at the store to make sure that none of them were possible suspects.

Hyunseung and Junhyung had to give their statements separately, which wasn’t really appealing to Hyunseung since his boyfriend was a criminal, after all, even if they didn’t exactly have records of him. Or do they?

“Hyunseung-sshi, mind telling me where you were after closing up last night?” Lee Joon asked.

“I was, well… to put it bluntly, at Junhyung’s house having ,” Hyunseung said straight out. There wasn’t exactly a way to put things nicely, anyway. He might as well tell them the truth. It would serve to create an alibi for Junhyung too, if they believed him. Lee Joon nodded and wrote this down on a notepad.

“And Junhyung-sshi over there would be your boyfriend, I assume?” Lee Joon asked. Hyunseung nodded in response and waited for the next question. Lee Joon sighed as he looked up from the notepad once more. “Hyunseung-sshi, you realise that this is seemingly suspicious, right? You might very well be lying to protect your boyfriend,” Lee Joon pointed out. Hyunseung narrowed his eyes.

“If he wanted to rob the store, he could have taken the keys from me! They’re in my pocket!” Hyunseung retorted, pulling the set of keys out to prove his point. Lee Joon nodded, recording this piece of information down in his notepad as well.

“Doojoon-sshi also mentioned that you stayed over at Junhyung-sshi’s place, so you’re clear to go,” Lee Joon said. Hyunseung heaved a sigh of relief and thanked the policeman before going over to where the rest of his friends were. He looked over to where Junhyung was still being interrogated by the two other policemen, feeling worried for his boyfriend.

Junhyung rolled his eyes for the nth time that morning. Are they ever going to stop asking questions?

“Just to confirm again, you were having with your boyfriend at the time of the robbery? There’s no way that you could have been here, and you don’t have criminal records?” Sanghyun asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously. Junhyung sighed exasperatedly to cover up his slight panic and nodded firmly at the two policemen.

“You seem awfully familiar, but we’ll let you go for now,” Cheolyong said. Junhyung nodded in thanks and quickly walked over to Hyunseung, releasing a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding in. The three policemen thanked all seven of the store employees and told them that they would continue to look into the matter before leaving.

The second the policemen were out of sight, Yoseob turned to look at Junhyung. “Hyung, you really didn’t do anything, right?” Yoseob asked unsurely. It wasn’t as if he didn’t trust Junhyung, but under the circumstances, anyone would be suspicious of Junhyung. Hyunseung looked offended and hit Yoseob on the back of the head lightly.

“He didn’t!” Hyunseung defended, puffing his cheeks up in annoyance. Then, turning to Junhyung, he asked, “Junnie, they didn’t know about your past crimes right?”

Junhyung shook his head and looked at the others. “Does anyone have any idea what on earth went on here?” he questioned. Everyone looked at the ground with a sigh, leading Junhyung to let out a sigh of his own. He needed to find out who did this, but how? Even with his connections with other robbers, anyone could have committed this crime. Junhyung furrowed his brows.

It couldn’t have been an experienced robber, unless he wanted someone to track him down. But this doesn’t look like the work of a rookie, either. Rookies, for one, would leave more traces than a poor break-in. They would smash the cash registers open.

Junhyung walked into the store slowly, avoiding all the fragments of glass. He noticed that the cash registers hadn’t been forced open, but the robber had picked the lock. Experienced robber, huh? This isn’t good. Who does he want to track him down? Me?

Junhyung sighed and looked at Hyunseung, suddenly feeling afraid for his boyfriend.

This doesn’t feel right.

 

-------------------

 

The six employees and Jungsu were gathered at Pasta Palace to discuss what the hell happened the previous night. Since it wasn’t lunchtime yet, and it was past breakfast, the restaurant wasn’t too crowded. The co-owner of the restaurant, Wu Yifan or Kris, was the one who attended to the seven this time.

After taking all their orders, Kris left the table and Jungsu looked at his employees seriously.

“I don’t know what happened yesterday, but this is a really serious matter. Junhyung robbing the store a month ago was one thing. This was a complete break-in. There was more than a million won in those registers, and we also have to pay to repair the door. I know Junhyung didn’t do this,” Jungsu said, reassuring the younger male that he trusted him. Junhyung gave Junhyung a small grateful smile and looked at the table.

“I might be able to ask others if they were the ones who robbed the store. I know for sure that our robber is experienced,” Junhyung shared. “There’s something ominous about this, but I don’t know what. I need time.”

Jungsu nodded and leaned back, crossing his arms across his chest. “None of us can go to work for now. We have to settle the case and fix the door before anyone resumes work. Is that clear?” Jungsu questioned. Everyone nodded and Jungsu sighed, feeling overly stressed for a pregnant man.

Gikwang noticed Jungsu’s discomfort and frowned. “Hyung, you should go back if you aren’t feeling too good. We can handle this,” he said. Jungsu rubbed his temples and took his phone out, already dialling Youngwoon’s number. The others looked at each other, worried about what was going on with the store.

Once Youngwoon brought Jungsu home, Doojoon leaned forward. “Junhyung, are you very sure that this isn’t the work of a newbie?” he asked. Junhyung nodded, knowing that it was definitely bait for one of them. Since he was the only one who was able to pick up on small clues like these, he figured that the robber wanted to lure him into some sort of trap. He just couldn’t figure it out yet.

“After you ask all your contacts, get back to us. We want to know what’s going on as well,” Doojoon instructed. Junhyung immediately began to text all the other experienced robbers whom he knew, asking them if they’d happened to rob a convenience store the night before.

“I need you all to be careful. This guy isn’t to be messed with, whoever he is. It’s obvious that he had an agenda against one of us,” Junhyung warned. He didn’t want any of his new friends getting hurt. For all he knew, the robber might very well be targeting him. The likelihood of that was quite low though, because Junhyung was somewhat infamous amongst criminals. If anyone was trying to get him, they could easily find him.

Their food arrived and they started eating, momentarily forgetting about their worries. They stayed there after they finished their food, watching Junhyung intently as he replied to messages from all his contacts. He sighed in frustration and slammed his phone on the table.

“It’s no use. No one’s robbed a convenience store last night.”

A thought struck Junhyung. Maybe this guy isn’t a robber. He’s good at it, but he doesn’t rob people often. That would explain why nobody knows who he is.

That was still just a theory though, so Junhyung decided to keep his thoughts to himself. It was time for him to start doing some investigation on the matter at hand. He had to find out who was doing this, and why.

A man left the restaurant with a smirk on his face.

“Catch me if you can.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Did you readers like the bonus chapter? :D Well, here's the chapter that I was gonna update if the fic hit 100 subs, but then the idea of a bonus chapter kinda just came to me so... yeah XD

Well. was this chapter fine? I think it wasn't too shabby :)

School starts tomorrow so I don't know if I can update this as regularly as I do now. Hopefully I can, but I'll be busier this term so I'll have to see how things go :/

When this fic hits 10000 views imma give you guys another bonus chapter so intro this fic to any of your fellow JunSeung shippers! :D *slapped for shameless advertising*

I'll see you guys next week then! Comment, suscribe, whatever! Annyeong~! ^^