Pressure

You Make Me A Good Man

(A week later)

 

Junhyung woke up extremely differently that Wednesday morning.

At five, he felt a weight on his abdomen and cracked an eyelid open to see Hyunseung straddling him. He raised a questioning brow, but already guessed what was going on. The -craved Seungie has arrived.

Usually Junhyung wasn’t one to deny Hyunseung anything, but to make love at five in the morning when he was still tired from work was a little much for him. He was actually wondering how Hyunseung was even up, since the pregnant male should be way more tired than him. He eventually put all the blame on the hormones and responded to Hyunseung’s eager kisses.

It didn’t really take long for both of them to shed their clothes, and Junhyung took the lead from then on. Despite how much Hyunseung didn’t want to let Junhyung have control, he really just wanted to make love. It was only during the third round that the roles were reversed, and Hyunseung got to experience being on top for once.

An hour and a half later, the couple washed up together and ended up making love once more, for the fourth time that morning. After that round, Hyunseung fell asleep and Junhyung was given the responsibility of cleaning Hyunseung and himself up. Once he got that done, he put some fresh clothes on Hyunseung and lay the elder down on their bed before going off to prepare breakfast.

Luckily, the couple had most of the day off and they were planning to go out for a short date, which they hadn’t gone on in forever, before heading to work the night shift. They would watch random dramas on the couch, go out for lunch, catch a movie and then head back home to relax before going to work.

Hyunseung woke up again at around eight, to Junhyung peppering kisses on his face. He groaned and pulled the sheets over his head, not wanting to wake up just yet. Junhyung, however, threw the sheets off and set the small breakfast-in-bed tray on Hyunseung’s lap. “I’m already bringing the food to you so don’t tell me you’re lazy to get up,” Junhyung told his boyfriend sternly.

Hyunseung’s eyes lit up at the sight of food and beamed at Junhyung. “You’re the best! Now what did I do to deserve an awesome boyfriend like you?” Hyunseung questioned, already digging in. Junhyung shrugged, sitting down on the chair across the room and picking up a sketchpad that he’d bought just two days ago.

Fifteen minutes passed in silence and Hyunseung finally finished his food. He looked up to see Junhyung’s brows furrowed in concentration, drawing something with a charcoal pencil. He was about to walk over to take a look at what Junhyung was doing when Junhyung said, “Don’t move,” without even looking up.

“How’d you know I was done?” Hyunseung asked in confusion. He knew that Junhyung and he had great chemistry because they were just so alike, but this was just creepy. Junhyung looked at Hyunseung, raising an incredulous brow.

“I could see you from the corner of my eye?”

Hyunseung blushed slightly at his own stupidity. “Oh, right. What’re you doing?”

Junhyung bit his lip while he continued to draw. “It’s a surprise. Don’t touch this sketchbook until I tell you to, alright?” he asked. Hyunseung grinned and nodded. He knew by now that whatever Junhyung was planning, he would love. Junhyung always planned the best surprises.

Looking up at Hyunseung from the corner of his eye, Junhyung suppressed a heavy sigh. He saw the grin and knew that Hyunseung was anticipating a surprise, and a surprise he would get alright. The only problem here was that this surprise wasn’t going to be like all the previous ones.

Junhyung knew clearly that this was one surprise that Hyunseung would not enjoy.

 

--------------------

 

After washing the dishes, Hyunseung and Junhyung flicked through channels and snuggled together on the couch, snacking on fruits and graham crackers. In the end though, Hyunseung ended up initiating a make out session that luckily didn’t end up as them making love.

Throughout the two or so hours that they were watching the TV, Hyunseung started a total of seven make out sessions. It wasn’t so much that Junhyung didn’t enjoy it, but he was really starting to feel the pressure of having to leave. The more Hyunseung showed his love to him, the harder it was for Junhyung to even have thoughts of leaving the elder.

He had less than six weeks now, and Junhyung still had quite a bit to do before he left. He needed to make sure that Hyunseung and Miracle would be taken care of for at least the next ten years. Call him crazy, but Junhyung really had no clue how long he would be gone for. It could be five years, twenty, or perhaps even forever.

When it was twelve, both Hyunseung and Junhyung’s lips were swollen from their heated make out sessions. It was about time for them to leave the house since the mall they were going to was over an hour’s drive away. “Should we change?” Junhyung suggested. Hyunseung nodded excitedly and hopped off Junhyung’s lap, rushing into the room to search for an outfit. Junhyung took his time turning the TV off and walking into their bedroom, thinking about everything that he had to do.

The two of them got changed and went down together. Hyunseung slid into the front passenger seat as usual, and Junhyung shut the door for him. His gaze lingered on the dent in the side of his car, and he briefly wondered if he should repair it or just buy another car.

Getting in the driver’s seat, Junhyung started the car and began the drive to the mall.

“Seung, do you think I should get a new car?”

“Yup!” Hyunseung replied immediately. “I mean if Miracle is going to be the same age as Doojoon and Seobie’s twins, they’d probably go to school together. Why don’t we get a bigger car so that we can drive the kids around?”

Hyunseung’s words hit Junhyung like a ton of bricks. He couldn’t blame the elder for saying something normal like that, but reality was harsh. Junhyung had already come to terms with the fact that he probably wouldn’t see Miracle grow up, and would have to rely on Kyujong, Jungmin and the other seven to keep him updated on how Miracle was growing.

Nonetheless, it to hear Hyunseung say that because Junhyung wouldn’t be around to drive Miracle to school, or teach him to read and write. He wouldn’t witness Miracle’s firsts, nor would he be met with Miracle’s smiles in the mornings. Heck, he wouldn’t be met with Hyunseung’s smiles in the mornings anymore, either.

“Junnie, are you ok?” Hyunseung asked in concern. Granted, Junhyung had still been driving safely for the past two or three minutes but the younger male hadn’t replied him yet. Also, it was pretty clear to Hyunseung that Junhyung was spacing out and he didn’t know why.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. I was just thinking. Do you want to go car shopping before work, then?” Junhyung asked. Hyunseung was still worried about Junhyung, but nodded in response. Every time he saw the dent in the side of the car, he would flinch because it was a reminder of the car accident they’d encountered three weeks ago.

“Definitely.”

“Alright. Can you get the list of nursery themes for me?”

Hyunseung opened the compartment in front of him, pulling the notepad out. For the rest of the car ride, he and Junhyung began to cross out themes and narrow down their choices for the theme of the nursery. Just for the hour, it helped to distract Junhyung from the depressing thoughts that he’d been having for the past few days.

 

--------------------

 

They had Korean beef for lunch, through which Junhyung forced Hyunseung to drink nearly a whole litre of water because of grilled food could easily cause a sore throat or something similar. The elder wasn’t going to complain though; he liked being taken care of.

Halfway through the meal, Junhyung pulled the notepad out of his pocket again. They had cut down the number of themes by about half the amount during the drive, both of them having debated over which themes to keep and which to cancel out.

“Why don’t we think of about forty names for each gender, and take turns to cancel one out every day? That way, by the time we have our next ultrasound, we’d pretty much know what Miracle’s name will be,” Junhyung suggested, explaining why he thought of such a system.

He’d calculated already, and it was exactly forty days to the first of July. This way, Miracle’s name would be chosen by the thirtieth of June, since the couple’s next ultrasound was on the twenty-ninth. Hyunseung would be almost eighteen weeks by then. Junhyung just wanted to be part of the name-selection process because that was as much as he could do for Miracle in person.

“Good idea!” Hyunseung exclaimed, his mouth half-full. The couple spent the rest of lunch, as well as over half an hour afterwards, throwing out name after name that they liked. Once they were done and Junhyung paid, the two left the restaurant and went to the cinema.

They settled on a romance flick simply because Hyunseung felt like it. An hour into the movie though, Hyunseung had fallen asleep against Junhyung. The younger male chuckled softly, knowing that it was probably because Hyunseung woke up so darn early. He himself was tired, but Junhyung was used to sleeping late and waking early. On the bright side, he and Hyunseung would hopefully have time to nap before work.

When the movie ended, Junhyung woke Hyunseung up and they went to get ice-cream. The two of them sat down at the ice-cream parlour and Hyunseung began telling Junhyung about some of his childhood adventures with Geurim and Doojoon. He mentioned how he’d met Doojoon in the playground in his neighbourhood, having been hit on the head by a wild, flying soccer ball. Junhyung had laughed at that, wondering how much of a klutz his boyfriend must have been. Then again, Seungie still isn’t the most careful of people.

Just as he thought that, Hyunseung somehow knocked his cup of ice-cream over. The pregnant male gaped in horror at the spilt ice-cream and in no time at all, he was in tears. “My ice-cream!” he cried. Junhyung hurriedly went to purchase another cup of ice-cream for his boyfriend and set it down in front of the elder. When Hyunseung continued to cry, Junhyung pulled the elder onto his lap and his hair back gently.

“Seungie, why’re you crying? I bought another cup for you,” Junhyung said soothingly.

“But I wasted ice-cream! That amount could have saved lives in Africa!”

Junhyung didn’t know whether to be amused or bemused – since when did Hyunseung care that much about the wastage of food? As far as Junhyung knew, Hyunseung wasn’t too concerned about that. Also, what was he to do to stop his boyfriend from crying?

“I don’t think anyone would blame you for accidentally spilling your ice-cream, Seung. Can you stop crying for me? For Miracle, too? You know I hate to see you cry,” Junhyung half-pleaded. He really didn’t care about the stares that Hyunseung was getting. He just wanted Hyunseung to stop crying, even if it was over something ridiculous. Junhyung did know that it was bad to waste food, but to cry over it? That was slightly extreme.

“B-but think of the kids in Africa…” Hyunseung mumbled, sniffling. He was more or less beginning to calm down, and even he was questioning why he’d cried so hard. He usually didn’t think too much about wasting food, much less cried over it.

“There are organisations to help them, Seung. Stop crying, alright?”

Hyunseung bit his lower lip and nodded, trying his best to stop the tears from flowing.

Junhyung sighed inwardly. How’s Seungie going to cope without me?

With that thought, Junhyung felt that he had even more matters to settle now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELIES! (A little belated for some of you, since it's probably already the 2nd in some places but eh XD)

Well, not much happened in this chapter. I wanted to make more happen but... next time. Leave it for next time. I'm beginning to focus more on Jun now, and his thoughts about leaving. I think most of the next chapters will be focusing on Jun, less of Seung. Each chapter will also probably be about a week in the story, so that's about six chapters till Jun leaves D: Dayum.

I hope you guys enjoyed, look forward to the next chapter (it might be late, who knows) and have a great year ahead! Annyeong~! ^^