Visit

You Make Me A Good Man

(A day later)

 

“Jang Hyunseung!”

Hyunseung jolted awake, glaring at where Doojoon was shouting from. The elder male stood in the doorway of Hyunseung’s room, tapping his foot impatiently. Honestly, Hyunseung had no idea why on earth Doojoon was waking him up that early.

When Doojoon didn’t move, instead jerking his finger to the house door, Hyunseung realised that there was someone ringing the doorbell. Hyunseung frowned in confusion, still not quite understanding what Doojoon wanted him to do.

“Can’t you open the door?” Hyunseung questioned incredulously. Doojoon rolled his eyes, throwing his hands in the air in exasperation.

“He’s not looking for me. He’s looking for you,” Doojoon deadpanned, pointing at the younger male as if to emphasise his point. Hyunseung raised a brow, wondering who exactly could be looking for him at 8am in the morning. Speaking of which…

“Don’t you have work today?” Hyunseung asked. Doojoon shrugged, taking a look at the time.

“I’m working the afternoon shift. Now go wash up and attend to your guest,” Doojoon instructed, leaving Hyunseung alone in his room. Hyunseung heard Doojoon snapping at whoever it was ringing the doorbell, telling him to “Shut the hell up and be patient!”

Hyunseung furrowed his brows, trying to figure out who exactly could be looking for him that early in the morning. Doojoon had mentioned that it was a guy, but Hyunseung’s dad couldn’t possibly have been looking for him. Appa has work. It didn’t seem possible for it to be any of Hyunseung’s friends either, since all of them were as lazy as him. Unless it’s… there’s no way.

With that thought, Hyunseung jumped out of bed and quickly made himself look presentable. He didn’t bother with brushing his teeth, instead just fixing his hair and straightening his clothes. Hyunseung literally dashed to the door, making Doojoon laugh at his best friend.

“Shut it,” Hyunseung warned, looking through the peephole to see whether or not his guess was correct. He gasped when he saw that it was indeed who he had imagined it to be, and he quickly opened the door for the guy.

“Junhyung!” Hyunseung exclaimed, trying not to seem too excited upon seeing his boyfriend. Junhyung smiled warmly at Hyunseung, holding up a bag of what seemed to be food. Hyunseung was about to let Junhyung in when a thought occurred to him.

“How’d you know my unit?” Hyunseung asked curiously. Junhyung scratched the back of his head sheepishly, and Hyunseung could pretty much guess the answer. “You stalked me, didn’t you?” he asked accusingly. Junhyung shrugged, nodding in defeat when Hyunseung narrowed his eyes at him.

“Yes, I did. That was a month ago. Can you at least let me in?” Junhyung asked. Hyunseung sighed, moving so that Junhyung could enter the house. He shut the door once the younger male was in, and Junhyung looked around the apartment judgingly.

“Stop judging our house,” Doojoon demanded, sipping on some milk while making omelettes.

“I’m just looking,” Junhyung clarified. Hyunseung scoffed at this.

“Sure you are, Junhyung-ah. What’d you bring?” Hyunseung asked, pointing at the bag. Junhyung seemed to recall why he was at Hyunseung’s house, apart from wanting to surprise the elder. He took three containers out of the bag and opened each of them to reveal neatly packed breakfasts.

Hyunseung widened his eyes when the contents of the containers were revealed. Junhyung had made scrambled eggs, bacon, and macaroni with cheese. The three foods were separated neatly and Hyunseung swore he felt his mouth water. It wasn’t that the food would be that much better than what Doojoon usually made, but it was more in the way Junhyung garnished it. The food looked a lot better than what Doojoon made.

 

--------------------

 

Doojoon peeked outside from the kitchen, curling his lips in distaste when he saw that Junhyung had bought food for him as well. Turning the stove off, Doojoon huffed and went to plop down on the couch, opposite of the couple.

“You couldn’t have mentioned breakfast? What was I frying omelettes for then?” Doojoon complained. Junhyung eyed the elder male weirdly, pushing one of the containers to Doojoon.

“You didn’t let me in, now did you?” Junhyung retorted. “How was I supposed to tell you?”

Doojoon snorted. “Whatever. You didn’t poison this, did you?” Doojoon questioned.

Hyunseung gasped, shocked that his friend would even think that way. “Yah!”

Doojoon earned himself a few not-so-painful smacks on the head, eliciting a chuckle or two from Junhyung. Hyunseung glared at Doojoon while moving closer to Junhyung protectively, and Junhyung had to admit that he was warmed by the action.

“Seungie, don’t worry. Seob asks me that all the time,” Junhyung informed the elder, rolling his eyes at the thought of his best friend. Hyunseung sighed, shaking his head disapprovingly.

“You and Seobie are too similar,” Hyunseung said, clucking his tongue. Junhyung nodded in agreement, taking a fork out of the bag and beginning to feed Hyunseung the macaroni. Hyunseung gladly opened his mouth and let Junhyung stuff macaroni in, chewing on it in pure bliss.

“This. Is. Amazing.” Hyunseung said, his mouth still mostly full. Doojoon scoffed, not wanting to believe Hyunseung. He tried one bite of the macaroni and stiffened, eyeing Junhyung. This is good.

Junhyung noticed the gesture and smiled victoriously, making Doojoon scowl at him. Desperate for a change of subject, refusing to acknowledge Junhyung’s good cooking, Doojoon scanned the room for something to talk about. His gaze landed on a certain lavender rose in a newly-bought vase, and he raised a brow.

“Are you that stingy? One rose, and it’s not even a usual red rose,” Doojoon said, unimpressed by Junhyung. Hyunseung rolled his eyes at his best friend, clearly annoyed that Doojoon was trying to snob his boyfriend.

“They have significance, so keep quiet,” Hyunseung snapped.

“Really now? What’s their significance?” Doojoon challenged. Junhyung sighed, shaking his head at the two best friends. Is this really something to be arguing over? Sheesh.

Hyunseung huffed. “Love at first sight, . I feel sorry for Seobie, having such an unromantic boyfriend,” Hyunseung replied, still sounding as annoyed as ever. As Doojoon was about to retort when he spotted something sparkle on both Hyunseung and Junhyung’s left hands. His eyes widened and he looked back and forth at Hyunseung and Junhyung, pointing at them in shock.

“You proposed to him?!” Doojoon sputtered, eyes darting towards the ring. Hyunseung blushed at this while Junhyung coughed awkwardly, unable to believe the conclusion that Doojoon had come up with. Did the elder male honestly believe that Junhyung had proposed on their first date?

After Hyunseung got over his embarrassment, he hit Doojoon on the head a few more times. “No, you idiot! It’s a promise ring!” Hyunseung clarified immediately. “Wouldn’t it be weird if Junhyung proposed on our first date?” he questioned incredulously.

Doojoon shrugged. “I don’t know. You tell me.”

Hyunseung made a strangled noise and glared murderously at Doojoon. “You . Seobie is really unlucky to have you as a boyfriend,” Hyunseung muttered, crossing his arms and pouting. Junhyung looked at the untouched food and then at Hyunseung and Doojoon.

“Can you guys just eat?”

Hyunseung and Doojoon turned to Junhyung. “Fine!” both of them shouted simultaneously.

Junhyung groaned mentally. What’d I even do wrong?

Shaking his head again, Junhyung settled for feeding Hyunseung while eating his own breakfast. The two best friends were engaged in a staring competition while eating, and Junhyung was left to wonder how the two were both older than him at all.

Nonetheless, he had to admit that Hyunseung and Doojoon had a fun friendship. He had never been like that with Yoseob, having been cold to almost everyone before meeting Hyunseung. He only wished that, one day, he could finally be that comfortable with his friends.

 

---------------------

 

Hyunseung glanced up from his phone to look at where they were. Junhyung had, once again, brought him out somewhere. He looked at Junhyung questioningly when he saw that the younger male had parked in front of a florist, and the latter merely told him to get off.

Grabbing Hyunseung’s hand, Junhyung entered the florist that he was too familiar with. Hyunseung had no idea which part of town they were at, so he just followed as Junhyung walked up to the counter and rang the service bell.

“Hello and welcome to Paradise! What may we…. Oh, Junhyung. It’s already that day?” a girly male asked as he walked out from the back of the store, his gaze shifting to Hyunseung’s figure. “And who may you be?”

Hyunseung fidgeted around, a little uncomfortable with the male’s gaze on him. “I’m Hyunseung.”

The florist raised his brows. “He’s my boyfriend,” Junhyung explained, a small smile gracing his face. The male looked completely shocked, so Hyunseung guessed that he must have known Junhyung for quite some time now. Clearing his throat, the florist apologised for his behaviour.

“I’m Sungjong! Nice to meet you, Hyunseung!” Sungjong chirped. “Seriously though, why are you here, Junhyung?” Sungjong repeated his question, tilting his head to the side.

“I was here yesterday too, but you weren’t in yet. I got a lavender rose,” Junhyung said, knowing that Sungjong would understand. As expected, the florist nodded and walked out from behind the counter, smiling warmly at Hyunseung to make him feel more welcome.

“So?” Sungjong questioned.

“I need a bouquet of nasturtium and baby’s breath,” Junhyung replied.

“The usual, then?”

Junhyung sighed and nodded, leaving Sungjong to prepare the bouquet. Hyunseung felt really curious, but he didn’t want to ask Junhyung what all that was about. He could wait till the younger male brought them to wherever they were headed.

Slightly less than ten minutes later, Sungjong handed the bouquet to Junhyung. “Here. You should know how much that costs, by now,” Sungjong grinned cheekily. Junhyung rolled his eyes and nodded, taking an exact amount of cash from his wallet and paying for the bouquet.

“Say hi to Myungsoo and Sungyeol for me,” Junhyung said with a wave, leaving the florist, bouquet in one hand and Hyunseung’s hand in the other. Sungjong nodded, waving in return. As awkward as he felt, Hyunseung returned the friendly gesture as well.

Once back in the car, Junhyung put the bouquet in between him and Hyunseung before driving to their next destination. Hyunseung was beyond curious now, yet he willed himself to keep his mouth shut and wait till they reached their destination.

Luckily, the drive only took a short twenty minutes. When Junhyung parked the car, Hyunseung looked around the place in surprise. He hadn’t been expecting Junhyung to bring him to a place like that – the cemetery.

But why?

Hyunseung decided to keep his thoughts to himself, letting Junhyung lead him through the cemetery. The younger male stopped in front of two graves and Hyunseung instinctively knew who the two deceased were: Junhyung’s umma and brother.

Junhyung placed the bouquet of flowers on the gravestone, motioning for Hyunseung to sit down beside him. Unsure of what to do, Hyunseung did as told and stared at Junhyung as he spoke to his mother and brother.

“Umma, Hyuksoon, it’s been quite some time since I’ve visited. The last time was probably your anniversaries, which was nine months ago. I’ve brought someone with me today,” Junhyung said softly, smiling sadly. “This is Hyunseung, my boyfriend.”

Hyunseung blinked in surprise at being introduced. “Ah, yes. I’m Jang Hyunseung, Junhyung’s boyfriend. It’s my honour to meet you,” Hyunseung said with a smile. Junhyung held onto Hyunseung’s hand and squeezed it nervously, causing Hyunseung to glance at his boyfriend while squeezing his hand back.

“I promise I won’t take revenge. I wanted to, I really did, but I’ve changed my mind,” Junhyung promised. Hyunseung leaned against the younger male and sighed, wondering what Junhyung did to suffer so much.

Hyunseung suddenly raised a brow. “Hyuksoon? Wasn’t your brother Junsung?”

Junhyung chuckled. “I changed my name after umma passed away, and I conveniently gave Hyuksoon a new name too,” Junhyung explained. Hyunseung rolled his eyes, chuckling as well at his boyfriend’s strange logic.

“And what about your umma dying because she was protecting you?”

Junhyung sighed heavily at this. “That bastard threatened umma, saying that he would kill me if she didn’t find some money for him to gamble with. Umma worked before, but she was staying home to take care of Junsung. She didn’t have much savings left, and she gave it to him so that I would be safe. He wasn’t satisfied with the amount she had, so he killed her and Junsung in the end.”

Sighing once more, Junhyung turned back to look at the gravestones in front of him. “Umma, I’ll live well. I won’t think about avenging you and Hyuksoon anymore. I’ll be off now, but I’ll visit again soon,” Junhyung said, getting up and pulling Hyunseung up with him.

“I’ll visit you again soon too, auntie and Junsung. Bye,” Hyunseung bowed once and left with his boyfriend, latching onto the younger male’s arm and swinging it around playfully.

A breeze blew past the couple, and both of them smiled at each other.

‘We’re so proud of you, Jaesoon-ah.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is getting fluffier and fluffier... ._. I don't even know anymore~

This will sound like I'm kinda praising myself, but I love Seungie and Doojoon's friendship in here! :D They're so cute with each other (as friends) xD

There really isn't much from me, apart from the fact that I finished this a few days ago XP

Look forward to the next chapter! Annyeong~! ^-^