Bonus: Epilogue

You Make Me A Good Man

(A month later)

 

Hyunseung had never been one for monthsaries, not at all. He just didn’t see the point. If you were already married and were going to spend the next fifty over years together, how many monthsaries would you have to celebrate? It was ridiculous, really, when he saw how some of his acquaintances were constantly celebrating wedding monthsaries. But this was his first wedding monthsary and, despite how much he disapproved of monthsaries, he wanted to do something nice for his husband. And his present was already prepared, so all he had to do was execute the surprise. Donghee had given him the next few days off, telling him to spend some quality time with his family.

It was a nice, cool Thursday morning, and Hyunseung had woken up extra early to begin preparing, because Junhyung was always up early. Ilhoon was still sound asleep, too. It was only six, after all. So the only one awake in the house was Hyunseung. Well, Hyunseung and their English bulldog pup, Hyungnim. Ilhoon knew just how to get his parents to give in, and within a week of returning from their honeymoon, the couple had brought their son to the pet store nearby. He wasn’t quite sure what his husband and son saw in the breed, or why Junhyung had thought it would be a good idea to name the dog after himself.

“Hyungnim, come here,” Hyunseung called out, and when the puppy came to him, he said, “Sit.” When Hyungnim obediently plopped his onto the ground, Hyunseung grinned and gave him a treat, scratching him behind the ear. “Good boy.”

Turning back to the task at hand, Hyunseung took the breakfast he’d bought specially for Junhyung, smiling to himself and putting it where his husband was supposed to find it. Then he took out flour, eggs and milk, deciding that he would make pancakes for breakfast today.

After a half hour, he was done cooking, and went to wake Ilhoon up. When he was walking to his son’s room, Hyunseung quite literally ran into Junhyung – the younger had been walking out of their room, still half asleep, and hadn’t seen Hyunseung walking in front of him. “Oh, I’m sorry Seungie,” Junhyung apologised, offering a tired smile.

Waving the apology off, Hyunseung said, “It’s fine, I know you’re exhausted. Your breakfast is in the oven.” Junhyung nodded, mumbling a thanks, and went off in search of his breakfast. Hyunseung continued to his son’s room, Hyungnim following behind him while wagging his tail. It was safe to say that their puppy adored the eight year old boy, but the same couldn’t be said for who he was named after. Before Hyunseung even said a word, Hyungnim was by Ilhoon’s bed and attempting to paw at the boy. He was still just a little too small to jump up, being only four months old.

“Hm? Oh, it’s you, Hyungnim. Good morning,” Ilhoon said, and even without the lights , Hyunseung could hear the smile in his son’s voice.

“Good morning to you too, baby,” Hyunseung chuckled. “Wash up and come for breakfast. I made pancakes today.”

Ilhoon made a sound of acknowledgement, already scrambling out of bed and to the toilet. Hyunseung watched with a smile on his face, amused by how excited Ilhoon seemed to be every day. Kids just had endless amounts of energy, he supposed. When the bathroom door clicked closed, Hyunseung headed back to the kitchen, hoping that Junhyung had found his breakfast and decoded the meaning behind it.

Well, Junhyung did find his breakfast, and seemed extremely confused by it. He was sitting at the dining table, staring at the item in his hand, and looked up when Hyunseung walked in. “Seungie, one small bun for breakfast? Do you not love me?” he feigned sadness, clutching onto his empty stomach for extra effect.

Rolling his eyes, Hyunseung sighed. He thought Junhyung was smart, and really the younger male could be brilliant at times. But maybe some things were just beyond him. It didn’t matter; this wasn’t the main surprise after all. Junhyung would figure out in due time.

 

---------------------------

 

After finishing breakfast, Hyunseung and Junhyung sent Ilhoon to school. They had gone with Doojoon, of course, while Yoseob was staying at home with Eunkwang. He was a fussy baby, though not nearly as bad as the twins had been. Nonetheless, at three weeks old, the infant wasn’t quite ready to leave the house too often. They’d bring him out with them for dinner for sure, though.

Doojoon had clocked in at work after making sure the kids were in class, leaving Hyunseung and Junhyung to walk back to the apartment. Like the elder, Junhyung didn’t have to go down to the recording studio or the office today; he just needed to come up with new songs, compose and write something, for an album due to be released in four months. The couple stopped by the mart, buying some oats before heading over to the park. When was the last time they spent time at the park together, feeding ducks just like in the old times?

Plopping down on the floor, Junhyung wordlessly handed the box of oats to Hyunseung and watched as the elder threw a handful of it into the water. About a dozen ducks gathered around instantly, gobbling the oats up before dispersing again. “Are Doojoon and Yoseob moving soon?” Hyunseung asked, sounding a little upset. And it was expected, really. He’d lived with Doojoon for a few years before meeting Junhyung and Yoseob, and then for seven years he’d lived just one level above them. He didn’t know if he’d be able to get used to not having his best friend living nearby.

“Well, yeah. They’ve been delaying it for way too long, and now that Eunkwang’s here, I don’t think they can really delay it anymore. He can’t be staying in their room forever,” Junhyung pointed out with a small sigh. He’d been away for seven years, so he already knew how it felt like not to have Yoseob near him. He had stayed with Yoseob all those years ago, and when the boy had moved out, they were only five minutes away from each other. He could understand how his husband felt.

Hyunseung pouted, throwing another handful of oats at the ducks, clearly upset. “Do you think we can get a house near theirs?” he asked. They definitely had the financial capability to move. Junhyung earned quite a bit as a composer and songwriter, especially since he’d recently been tasked with composing a total of six songs, all to be used in BEAST’s album. He was already done with two songs, leaving him with two more months for four more songs. It was more than enough time, and CUBE was certainly paying him well for it.

Junhyung seemed to ponder over this for a bit. “We could, if there were any houses for sale. I was planning to look into that,” he replied, smiling at his husband. “If we’re moving anywhere, it’ll definitely be somewhere near the Yoons, Seungie. I wouldn’t want to move elsewhere.”

“If we’re going to make a sibling for Ilhoonie, then we’d better move before it’s too late,” Hyunseung told Junhyung. Chuckling, the younger male nodded in understanding and threw some oats at the ducks, too.

“I’ll go house hunting later, alright?”

Hyunseung grinned and nodded. “Yup! Now let’s get home – I want to take a shower.”

 

---------------------------

 

The next couple hours flew by, what with Junhyung searching for suitable houses near where the Yoons would be moving. Hyunseung, on the other hand, had showered and changed into clean clothes, and had plastered himself next to Junhyung while giving his opinion on the houses. Honestly, their current apartment was pretty small, so it really wasn’t hard to find apartments bigger than theirs. Doojoon and Yoseob were going to move into an apartment with four bedrooms, which was just nice for their family of five.

Soon it was lunch, and Hyunseung decided that he would be paying for lunch today. Junhyung was usually the one paying, although half the time Hyunseung had actually wanted to pay. Today, the elder was insistent on paying, claiming that it was their first wedding monthsary and that he had to do something nice for Junhyung for once. The younger male had rebutted that quickly, saying “You being with me as my husband is the best thing you could do for me, Seungie.”

Hyunseung blew a raspberry, staring at his husband. “I’m still paying. I’m expecting you to eat more today, alright? Don’t spare a thought for my wallet,” he said sternly. Junhyung gave a slightly exasperated look, but nodded in defeat. He knew Hyunseung felt bad sometimes, making him pay for almost everything, although he really didn’t mind, and actually liked knowing that he could support his family financially.

After giving Hyungnim his afternoon meal, Hyunseung and Junhyung set out to decide where to eat at. Eventually they ended up heading over to Chef’s Kiss, not having been there in a while and Junhyung saying that he kind of felt like eating western food. They drove there, and arrived within twenty minutes. Soohyun seated the couple, handing them two menus before leaving them alone.

“I expect you to go all out, Junnie. Really.”

Junhyung rolled his eyes, but a small smile was still on his face. He couldn’t deny that it felt nice to be pampered by Hyunseung every now and then. They took a few minutes to look at the menu, ordered, and waited patiently for their food to come. “What brought this on?” Junhyung asked, gesturing to the restaurant. “I know you were never one for monthsaries. Neither of us are.”

Shrugging, Hyunseung replied, “I expect this to be a one-time thing.”

“So you’re taking all the spotlight today?” Junhyung chuckled, trying hard to sound upset but he just sounded amused. “It’s not fair that I don’t get to do anything for you for our monthsary, you know.”

“You always do everything for our anniversaries,” Hyunseung retorted, scrunching his face up cutely. “I expected you to at least let me do something for once. Then you can have your spotlight back.”

Junhyung furrowed his brows in thought. “You’re using the word ‘expect’ a lot today,” he observed.

Hyunseung blinked at the other. “Really? I didn’t realise.”

Nodding slowly, unsure of whether to believe Hyunseung, Junhyung only said, “Yeah, you are.”

“Maybe I’m expecting something to happen.”

“Right.”

 

------------------------------

 

The couple went home after lunch, not wanting to spend too long in the cold. It was nearing two by the time they reached home. Doojoon had agreed to bring the kids back from school today, which was good because that allowed Junhyung and Hyunseung just a little bit more alone time.

They were snuggling on the couch watching some random family drama when Hyunseung suddenly wriggled his way out of Junhyung’s arms, picking up a sleeping Hyungnim and heading over to their room. Junhyung stared as his husband brought their puppy to the bedroom, raising a brow in question but only getting a grin from the elder in response.

Just before going into the room, Hyunseung turned around. “Wait for me outside!” he ordered, narrowing his eyes at Junhyung to show that he was serious. Junhyung nodded slowly, still not sure what exactly the elder male was trying to do to their poor puppy.

It was a mere three minutes later that Hyunseung came back out to the living room, still carrying Hyungnim, but Junhyung could only look at the puppy in confusion. “Seungie, is Hyungnim wearing a shirt?” he questioned incredulously. Hyunseung beamed, nodding as he set Hyungnim back onto the floor and watching him run to Junhyung, tail wagging excitedly.

“What do you think? I found it two days ago, and thought it was pretty cute,” he replied, the smile never leaving his face. Junhyung lifted Hyungnim back onto the couch, frowning at the shirt that the puppy was wearing and looking up at Hyunseung.

“Why this shirt though?” he asked. “It says ‘I’m a big brother’, and I don’t see how that makes any sense at all. Ilhoon is seven years older than him; it would’ve made more sense to buy a shirt like this for Ilhoon. Unless…” Junhyung trailed off, looking at Hyunseung more closely. “Are you…”

Junhyung never did get to complete his sentence, because all of a sudden the front door opened and Ilhoon was running into the house excitedly, probably wanting to tell his parents all about his day at school, as well as play with Hyungnim. The boy stopped at the couch, looking at his puppy in confusion. “Why’s Hyungnim wearing a shirt?”

Hyunseung shrugged nonchalantly. “It’s for when he actually becomes a big brother, of course. Can’t you see that the shirt is a little too big for him?” he pointed out, replying both his son and husband at the same time. Ilhoon nodded, having just noticed the words printed across the shirt. Junhyung eyed Hyunseung for a little longer, not quite believing what the elder was saying. Eventually, he nodded as well, because that did kind of make sense, he supposed.

“Thank you, Uncle Doojoon,” Ilhoon shouted, and the three of them heard a faint ‘No problem’ before the front door closed and was locked. “I’m going to play with Hyungnim!” the boy announced, already carefully picking the puppy off the couch and going to his room.

Junhyung waited till Ilhoon had disappeared into his room before looking back at Hyunseung suspiciously. Something was weird about everything that had happened today, and he was going to find out what exactly his husband was hiding. He was piecing everything together now, but he just needed to be sure.

From the corner of his eye, Hyunseung could see Junhyung deep in thought. He smiled to himself almost absentmindedly. He could almost see the gears turning in the younger’s head, and the pieces of the puzzle coming together. Honestly, he’d thought Junhyung would figure things out sooner, with all the hints he’d dropped throughout the day. Just how stupid could his husband be?

“Let’s go into our room,” Hyunseung suggested. Junhyung nodded almost immediately, turning the TV off and following his husband into their bedroom.

 

---------------------------

 

Sitting down on the bed, Hyunseung patted the space in front of him and gestured for Junhyung to close the room door. Raising a questioning brow, Junhyung did as told and sat down in front of Hyunseung, looking at the elder male seriously. Hyunseung only smiled back. “I have something to tell you,” he said.

“I figured.”

Taking a deep breath, Hyunseung continued. “So you know how Donghee gave me the past few days off, right?” he asked, watching as Junhyung nodded slowly. “I told him not to tell you, but I actually collapsed during one of my classes and he made me go to the hospital to check things out.”

“And what did the doctor say?” Junhyung asked, feeling his heart speed up just slightly. He just knew what Hyunseung was going to tell him – he just needed to hear the truth for himself.

Hyunseung wringed his fingers together nervously. “I’m probably going to be sick for the next couple months, something’s growing in me and it’ll make its appearance in about nine months from now,” he said quickly, letting out a small sigh of relief when he finally got it off his chest. It was about five days ago that he’d fainted during his dance lesson, and four days ago that the doctor got back to him about his condition. Keeping a secret from Junhyung for four days wasn’t easy when you stayed with the man. “Happy one-month anniversary…?”

A slow smile spread across Junhyung’s face, and within seconds the younger male was grinning widely. “Does that mean what I think it means?” he asked almost ecstatically. Hyunseung rolled his eyes, picking his bag up from the floor and pulling a folder out. He handed it over to Junhyung, who emptied it of its contents and grabbed a small black-and-white picture. A sonogram.

“Oh my god,” Junhyung exhaled. “Oh my god.”

Hyunseung looked up at his husband just in time to get crushed in a smothering hug, and all the tension he had from earlier disappeared. His own lips curved into a smile as Junhyung repeated, over and over again, “We’re having a baby.”

The younger male suddenly shot upright, looking Hyunseung over. “How did I not know?”

Shrugging, Hyunseung replied, “I haven’t been throwing up. Not yet, and hopefully not ever.”

“We have to tell everyone. Ilhoon! Come here!” Junhyung shouted, unable to contain his excitement. He hastily left the room just three seconds later, too impatient to wait for the boy to come over, nearly running to their son’s room, and Hyunseung chuckled to himself in amusement. He put a hand over his still flat stomach, and his smile widened just slightly.

It was official – Yong Hyunseung had a bun in the oven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SURPRISE but not really because you didn't think I was REALLY gonna end it like that right?

So here's the epilogue that most of you have probably been waiting for and I'm sorry if it's not up to standards but... I tried?

School starts again tmr which really and idk if I'll write any more 'bonus chapters' for this (some requested for them). Like oneshots about junseung, maybe kiwoon and dooseob too. I might, I might not, but I have feels for it heh. No inspiration yet though

I hope you guys enjoyed this because I liked how fluffy it was at the end ;) It was kinda obvious though oops

Yup so please look out for updates! That's all, annyeong~ ^^