Nickname

You Make Me A Good Man

(Two days later)

 

Hyunseung picked up two neatly wrapped presents from his table and placed it inside his backpack, walking over to the bed where Junhyung was reading one of the many pregnancy books he’d bought. Hyunseung sat down beside Junhyung and peeked over the younger’s shoulder, eyes widening at the picture of a placenta.

“Eww, is that thing in me?” Hyunseung asked, feeling rather disturbed by the bloodiness of the picture. Junhyung nodded, eyes fastened onto the small printed words. Hyunseung looked at the heading and grimaced. Labour and delivery. Ugh.

Over the past two days, Junhyung had been steadfastly reading the first pregnancy book and he was clearly nearing the end of the book, judging by what he was reading. Hyunseung was glad that Junhyung was really enthusiastic, but he knew that the younger male got a lot less sleep because of this and he didn’t enjoy seeing Junhyung so worn out.

Junhyung and Hyunseung were supposed to leave for work in a few minutes, already having had breakfast and changed. During lunch, they would head over to Pasta Palace and celebrate two of the waiters’ birthdays with them, since the store employees knew those working in Pasta Palace rather well. The restaurant would be closed for the day, and thus, Jungsu had given them an extra hour off for the celebration.

The moment they’d finished changing, Junhyung had picked the book up and flipped to the bookmarked page before continuing where he left off. Doojoon had borrowed a few books, of course, but Yoseob was still on his case since Doojoon didn’t read nearly as often as Junhyung.

When it was just about time to leave, Hyunseung pulled the book out of Junhyung’s hands and placed a kiss on Junhyung’s nose. He then turned around and headed towards the door, only to squeak in surprise when Junhyung suddenly back hugged him, the younger nuzzling his nose into Hyunseung’s shoulder.

“I was thinking of giving our baby a nickname of sorts. Any ideas?” Junhyung asked, face still buried in the crook of Hyunseung’s neck. Hyunseung furrowed his brows in thought, continuing to walk out of his room with Junhyung literally attached to his back. A nickname… I never really thought about that, but I guess it’s a pretty good idea.

It took some time for Hyunseung to finally make it out of the apartment, and Junhyung let go of the elder male to get the car. While waiting for his boyfriend, Hyunseung pondered over a list of nicknames that they could possibly give their unborn child.

He thought back about how he and Junhyung met, how they got to know each other and eventually get together, and realised how unrealistic their situation was. It was honestly nothing short of a miracle that they even managed to get together, when at first they did nothing but bicker and argue with each other whenever they met. Hyunseung chuckled to himself as he remembered their mini forehead-flicking war just two months ago. That incident seemed so long ago though, yet Hyunseung remembered every detail vividly.

By the time Junhyung pulled up in front of Hyunseung and opened the door for him, Hyunseung had thought of the one nickname that was perfect for their child. Grinning brightly, Hyunseung turned to look at Junhyung.

“Miracle. We’ll call it Miracle.”

Junhyung’s lips slowly curved up into a smile and he nodded in agreement.

“That’s perfect.”

 

----------------------

 

Hyunseung stretched and yawned lightly when there were no customers in the store, and they were about to close up for lunch. Some of Jungsu’s friends would take over for the extra hour that the employees would be spending at Pasta Palace, so Junhyung and Hyunseung took their own sweet time to clean up a little, restock the shelves and change out of their uniform. Hyunseung then took the presents out of his backpack before walking over to Junhyung.

“Let’s go,” he said, nudging his boyfriend playfully when Junhyung refused to budge. “Yah…”

Sensing aegyo coming on, Junhyung gave in and stood up, grabbing Hyunseung’s hand and heading out of the store and to the restaurant. As they were nearing the establishment, Junhyung halted and turned to look at Hyunseung.

“I know Joonmyun doesn’t really mind me going to the restaurant anymore but do you think he’s alright with me being in such close proximity to his kid?” Junhyung asked worriedly. He’d thought about it the night before, wondering how Joonmyun would act if he was around the baby. From what he knew, Yixing and Baekhyun had both given birth less than a month ago and both babies would be at the restaurant. Junhyung knew that if he was put in Joonmyun’s shoes, he definitely wouldn’t want an ex-criminal near his child.

Hyunseung smiled reassuringly and tugged on Junhyung’s hand. “Joonmyun won’t mind, and neither will Chanyeol. The worst that could happen is that Yixing and Baekhyun won’t come near you with the babies,” Hyunseung said, squeezing Junhyung’s hand to reassure him again.

Junhyung sighed and nodded, hoping that Hyunseung was right. He had been concerned about this for some time now, because if Joonmyun and Chanyeol didn’t want him around their babies, would other parents feel that way too? Granted, Junhyung wouldn’t go around telling everyone that he’d used to be a criminal, but what if others found out and didn’t allow their children to befriend his child? That would make me a horrible father.

The couple entered the restaurant that was closed for the day and spotted ten people setting up for the party. The two birthday boys, Sehun and Luhan, were nowhere to be found. Doojoon, Yoseob, Gikwang and Dongwoon hadn’t arrived either. The first to spot Hyunseung and Junhyung was Minseok, who waved the couple over.

Upon nearing the Pasta Palace employees, Junhyung caught sight of two sleeping babies, each nestled in their respective umma’s arms. A smile crawled onto Junhyung’s face and Hyunseung smiled softly as well.

“Hyunseung hyung, you made it! And this would be Junhyung, I assume?” Minseok asked, never having met Junhyung before since he was one of the chefs. They only had two main chefs in the restaurant – Kyungsoo and Minseok. Some of the others could take over, should one of the two be sick, but it was usually those two working in the kitchen.

Junhyung nodded, offering a hand to Minseok. “Yong Junhyung.”

“Kim Minseok. Nice to finally meet the guy who Joonmyun talked so much about,” Minseok said with a grin, eyeing his boss who, thankfully, didn’t seem to hear him. Junhyung raised a brow at that, and Minseok simply grinned wider. “He kept going on about that robber from a few months back, saying that he finally met you and that you seemed to be a changed man.”

Hyunseung seemed surprised by this, not expecting Joonmyun to think well of Junhyung at all. Joonmyun had been rather hostile to Junhyung at first and for him to praise Junhyung was rather shocking. Not that Hyunseung was complaining, of course.

“Do you guys want to help us set up?” Jongin asked. Hyunseung shrugged and set his and Junhyung’s presents together with the rest before heading over to help the others, Junhyung following behind as well. It wasn’t too long before Gikwang and Dongwoon joined them, and Doojoon and Yoseob a little while later.

 

---------------------

 

“Happy birthday!”

Sehun and Luhan smiled as their friends sang the birthday song for both of them, blowing the candles on the cake out together. After the cake was cut and served, Jongdae took some cream off his slice of cake and smeared it over Sehun’s face. In no time at all, a cake fight had started and Kyungsoo could only sigh as he watched the cake be wasted.

Hyunseung and Yoseob had managed to get involved in the cake fight, and their boyfriends looked at each other in horror before dragging the two pregnant males back to their sides, where it was safe. Kris, upon seeing this, went over to smear some cake on Yoseob’s face. The younger male narrowed his eyes before getting involved in the cake fight yet again. Since Yoseob would kill Doojoon for not letting him take his revenge, the elder could only settle for joining the cake fight as well.

By the side, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Baekhyun and Yixing looked at each other. Sehun and Luhan’s twins, Jonghun and Jonghan, as well as Baekhyun’s and Yixing’s babies, Daeyeol and Dongjun, were all fast asleep.

“So… nice meeting you, Junhyung,” Baekhyun said, for lack of a better thing to say. He and Yixing had never met Junhyung before either, since they’d both been confined to rest in the staff lounge if they were in the restaurant at all. Yixing nodded as well, smiling lightly at Junhyung.

“Joonmyun talks quite a bit about you. He used to hate you a lot, especially since you injured Zitao that time, but now his impression of you changed completely,” Yixing added quietly. Hyunseung grinned proudly while Junhyung flushed a little, feeling undeserving of the praise. He really wasn’t that great, but apparently others thought differently.

“He really has,” Hyunseung agreed, leaning against Junhyung with a contented sigh. Junhyung shook his head in disagreement and took his book from one of the tables, flipping it open and continuing to read instead of wasting his time away. Baekhyun nodded approvingly, happy that Hyunseung had found somebody so responsible, while Yixing smiled as he saw how concentrated Junhyung was.

In a few minutes, the cake fight had more or less ended and everyone was washing up. Baekhyun and Yixing excused themselves to find their boyfriends, leaving Hyunseung and Junhyung alone with the twins. It wasn’t Hyunseung’s first time seeing them, but Junhyung hadn’t seen them before and he kept glancing between his book and the twins.

Upon noticing this, Hyunseung looked around for Luhan or Sehun. When the huge group of them emerged from the kitchen, Hyunseung beckoned Luhan over. “Lulu, can Junnie play with the twins?” Hyunseung asked. Junhyung turned around and shook his head frantically.

“There’s no need, really.”

Luhan raised a curious brow and looked at the book in Junhyung’s hands.

“Oh my gosh Hyunseung hyung is pregnant!”

“Really?”

“When?”

“Congratulations hyung!”

Hyunseung looked at everyone, made eye contact with Yoseob, and grinned. “Seobie, too.”

Another round of congratulations was said, or exclaimed, rather. Over some time, everyone settled down to converse with each other over lunch. Junhyung dragged Hyunseung to sit beside all the new parents, already asking about what it was like while they were expecting.

Yoseob frowned and whacked Doojoon on the head. “See Junhyung hyung? Why aren’t you asking? Didn’t you say that you’d do better asking?” Yoseob scolded. Doojoon gaped and struggled to find the words to say, but nothing came out of his mouth. Instead, his stomach growled. “No food for you until you find out more about what pregnancy will be like!”

Gikwang and Dongwoon watched as Doojoon headed over to the new parents and Gikwang looked over at Dongwoon, shuddering slightly. “I’ll never get you pregnant, Woonie. At least not anytime soon,” he vowed, and Dongwoon hit him on the head.

Jongin snickered from across them, and Kyungsoo could only sigh.

 

-------------------

 

Doojoon sighed when his stomach growled once more, whimpering slightly at the sight of the food that he wasn’t allowed to eat. If Yoseob was going to treat him like this, then his kid was going to be fatherless soon enough.

He made his way over to where Hyunseung and Junhyung were and eyed their food hungrily. He had to forcefully tear his gaze off the food because he knew that Yoseob was watching him like a hawk. Doojoon randomly pulled a chair over and sat down behind Hyunseung and Junhyung, moving to sit beside his best friend when the younger male made space for him.

“Seobie forced you to come here?” Hyunseung guessed. Doojoon nodded with a small groan and Junhyung looked at the elder sympathetically, once again thankful that Hyunseung wasn’t nearly as moody as Yoseob was. Hyunseung wasn’t even moody, actually, except for the occasional whining.

Chanyeol sighed and glanced at Baekhyun. “If you need help, I’m always here, hyung,” he promised, having gone through almost the same thing as Doojoon. Baekhyun had been exceptionally prissy throughout his pregnancy and from what Chanyeol could see, so was Yoseob.

Baekhyun hit his boyfriend on the head and Sehun shook his head. “The only one who had it easy was Joonmyun hyung, since Yixing hyung is just nice and never ever flares up, not even when he was pregnant,” Sehun said a little wistfully, earning a hit on the head as well. The mentioned couple turned to look at the six in confusion and Doojoon just groaned in misery.

“I’m going to die and my baby will be fatherless.”

“It’ll be worth it, hyung. Isn’t Daeyeol the cutest baby ever?” Chanyeol asked, like the proud father that he was. Junhyung immediately started thinking, again, about what their baby would look like. He wanted the baby to look like Hyunseung because he felt that he looked dull and boring, as well as a little cold. Hyunseung was just a ball of happiness – at least, he was Junhyung’s ball of happiness.

Doojoon smiled as he saw the baby stare at him with his big eyes, nodding slightly. “He is.”

“Trust me, Yoseob hyung doesn’t feel any better about this. His hormones are still on a roll and all you can do for him is to give in,” Luhan advised with a smile of his own, glancing down at Jonghun. Doojoon nodded in understanding but groaned again when his stomach growled.

Junhyung looked over at Joonmyun, Yixing and Dongjun. “So, um, Yixing, how did your pregnancy go?” he asked awkwardly. Since Joonmyun had it easiest, that meant that Yixing was the least moody and of course, anyone could see that Hyunseung was anything but moody. Yixing looked up from feeding Dongjun and tried to recall how his pregnancy went.

“My morning sickness wasn’t too bad, but I had a major aversion to food and later on, I craved the weirdest things. I wasn’t moody though, if that’s what you wanted to know,” Yixing said, with Joonmyun nodding in agreement.

“He wanted me to put strawberries, bananas and pumpkin into Beijing Fried Rice, for heaven’s sake,” Joonmyun recalled with a slight shudder. He’d tasted the mixture and gosh, it was the worst thing he’d ever eaten. Hyunseung, on the other hand, was starting to space out. Strawberries, bananas… fried rice… that sounds delicious. His mouth was almost watering just thinking of that. Junhyung noticed this and took a deep breath, knowing what he was in for already.

Seungie’s going to have weird, weird cravings. That didn’t even sound appetising.

“Lu had a major aversion to food but not many cravings, was really pissed off at me sometimes, and other times he would just cry,” Sehun remembered with a grimace. Pregnancy always had its ups and downs, and no parent could deny that. Who wouldn’t love knowing that their baby was growing, day by day? Who wouldn’t want to talk to their unborn baby and read stories to it? It was just that being yelled at, or seeing your boyfriend break down for no good reason, wasn’t exactly a fun thing.

“Baek, too. He was moodier though, and he didn’t cry till Daeyeol was born. He did crave a lot of stuff though,” Chanyeol added. Doojoon combined Luhan and Baekhyun’s conditions together, since that seemed like what Yoseob was at the moment, and had a mental breakdown. He wasn’t even able to handle Yoseob now, much less later on.

Junhyung suddenly thought of something and looked at the parents.

“Music is good for the baby, right?”

Baekhyun grinned and nodded. “I sang to Daeyeol every night when I was pregnant. Happy songs are better, so I’ve been told. Why?”

Junhyung nodded in response to the information and Hyunseung felt a smile creep onto his face, knowing what his boyfriend was planning to do already. He still couldn’t believe that he knew Junhyung so well after only a few weeks, but that was the magic of being together with Junhyung almost all the time.

“I’m going to compose a song.”

 

---------------------

 

Later on that night, Junhyung set out to compose a song instead of starting to read the second pregnancy book. Hyunseung had just finished showering and was lying on the bed, finally sleeping at Junhyung’s small apartment once more. Hyunseung still loved Yoseob as a dongsaeng but he couldn’t handle the younger male’s mood swings, and he was glad that he didn’t have a keyboard in his own apartment.

As Junhyung focused on composing the tune, Hyunseung laid his hand over his belly and caressed the tiny baby bump, a smile automatically appearing on his face. Miracle-ah, appa is composing a song for you and he’s naming it after you. Isn’t that the best?

Hyunseung liked the sound of ‘appa’. In his mind, he could just see how Junhyung’s face would light up upon hearing their baby call him that. Junhyung was really a er for children, especially babies since they were just so darn adorable and squishy. Will Junnie squish Miracle to death? Hyunseung chuckled at the random thought and shook his head to himself. Of course he wouldn’t.

Junhyung hummed a few tunes and frowned to himself, sighing in frustration when there was simply no inspiration. He began to think about how he felt at the moment, and how he felt when he first found out that Hyunseung was pregnant. Ever since his umma passed on, he’d sworn that his child would never have to go through something like that, that his child would get only the best things. He glanced at Hyunseung when the elder chuckled and smiled lightly when he saw that Hyunseung was clearly mentally conversing with Miracle. Junhyung pulled a pad of paper and decided on writing the lyrics first, instead.

Life couldn’t get better.

The moment he wrote the first few words, the lyrics just flowed. In no time at all, Junhyung had the entire first verse written down. He smiled in satisfaction and stretched, heading to plop down beside Hyunseung on the bed. They’d already showered and eaten dinner over an hour ago, and both of them were kind of tired from work and the birthday celebration. Still, Junhyung was determined to at least start on the first chapter on the next book, so he took the second pregnancy book and flipped to the first page.

As Junhyung read, Hyunseung took the liberty to go online and check about what a baby would need. He read through the summarised list and his eyes were stuck on the word crib. After Miracle was born, where would he or she sleep?

“Junnie, we need a nursery,” Hyunseung stated matter-of-factly. Junhyung put the book down and nodded, brows furrowed in thought. He looked towards where his study was supposed to be and bit his lip, having an internal debate over what to do about a nursery. It wasn’t that Junhyung didn’t think of that, but his apartment simply didn’t have room for a nursery unless he cleared his study, and he didn’t want to do that.

Sensing the younger’s dilemma, Hyunseung frowned as well. “I know; you want to leave your study the way it is. That’s why I was thinking… why don’t we get a bigger apartment? You’ve been staying here for years, but we both know that this district isn’t exactly safe,” Hyunseung suggested.

Junhyung glanced around his room and nodded in agreement, having only bought the apartment since it was cheap and it was the kind of place that a criminal wouldn’t mind. For someone who robbed and killed, living in the red-light district wasn’t exactly scary. But Junhyung wouldn’t want Miracle growing up in such a place, surrounded by hookers, drunkards and the like.

“That’s a good idea. Maybe we could find an apartment near yours and Doojoon’s.”

Hyunseung was about to agree with that, but his phone rang and he searched around for the device, wondering who would be calling him at ten. The moment he saw the caller ID, he grinned and answered the call immediately. “Hey you!”

“Hey you too, oppa! I heard things from Doojoon oppa. Or rather, umma dropped by the store a while ago and apparently you weren’t there. Doojoon oppa’s boyfriend told umma that she wouldn’t find you at the apartment and let slip that you got knocked up while explaining where you were staying for the night. Is that true?”

Junhyung raised a brow when Hyunseung visibly paled. “Who’s that?”

Shakily, Hyunseung put the call on speaker. “Oppa?”

“Yeah?”

“Umma told me to ask and, if you really got knocked up, she’ll look you up with appa. I might go along and see if I can help you out of this hole. So?”

Junhyung put two and two together and figured that Geurim was on the other line. And apparently, Hyunseung’s umma wouldn’t approve of him getting knocked up before marriage. He wondered how they would react if they found out that Junhyung was once a murderer and robber.

Hyunseung looked at Junhyung nervously and gulped, causing the younger male to pull him into a reassuring hug. “Yes, he did get knocked up. I’ll take responsibility though, so tell your umma not to worry,” Junhyung replied. Hyunseung looked at the younger in shock. Although he knew that Junhyung was already taking responsibility, he didn’t expect Junhyung to be ready to face his umma already. His umma was amazing, but when she was angry… nobody could escape her wrath.

“Good. I didn’t expect any less of you, Junhyung-sshi. I’ll tell umma and try to stall her visit to your apartment, alright? Don’t stress over anything, oppa! I’ll probably be seeing you soon. Bye!”

Hyunseung gulped once more as Geurim hung up and glanced at Junhyung.

“I’m dead. Umma will kill me for getting pregnant before marriage.”

Junhyung shook his head and hugged Hyunseung tighter.

“I won’t let her do anything to you or Miracle. Don’t worry.”

Hyunseung took a deep breath and nodded, burying his face in Junhyung’s chest.

“I know you won’t.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well this was… random. And filler-ish. And I don’t even know anymore :P

Cameos from EXO just because they fit for the chapter~ Um, the ending was a little weird though? Seung’s umma won’t really do anything to him since he’s still her son… ._. I don’t even know anymore~

I hope this was enjoyable? It was just weird to me but hopefully Doojoon’s miserableness is funny XD

The song Junhyung’s gonna compose is totally guessable isn’t it? How many songs are named Miracle and have that line? I’m pretty sure there’s only one kpop song like that XP

Ok, I need you guys to do a poll for me. I can’t decide on Miracle’s gender >< The poll’s down there so please vote for Miracle’s gender! :D

That’s all from me for now. I’ll see you guys next week! Annyeong~! ^^

P.S. Two more upvotes to a bonus chapter! :D