Present

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung walked out of the delivery room not long after Changseob was born, giving the couple some alone time to spend with their new-born son. The moment he stepped out, he was bombarded with questions from the others.

“Is Jungsu hyung alright?”

“How’s he?”

“Did everything go smoothly?”

Hyunseung merely smiled, nodding in response to their questions and explaining that both Jungsu and Changseob were perfectly fine; that he just came out so that Jungsu and Youngwoon could have some family time before Changseob was taken away to be cleaned up.

Everyone sighed in relief, and Yoseob was immediately texting Doojoon to tell him the good news. Meanwhile, Heechul, Ryeowook, and Sungmin were also texting their friends, telling them that Jungsu had finally given birth and making plans to visit him as a group.

All of a sudden, Yoseob gasped and looked at Hyunseung, eyes wide with realisation.

“Hyung, Changseob’s birthday is the same as yours!”

Hyunseung stared at Yoseob blankly, a smile slowly making its way to his face when he processed the younger’s words. “Yeah, it is, isn’t it?”

“Now you have two people who share your birthday… and I have none,” Yoseob said with a pout. Hyunseung nodded, unsure of how to reply. Why was he always the one who had to deal with Yoseob’s random, unexpected questions? Where was Doojoon when he needed him?

Luckily for him, Yoseob didn’t start crying and Hyunseung thanked every god he could think of. He’d just avoided disaster a couple hours ago, and he certainly didn’t want to deal with it now, either. Before Yoseob could even say anything else, his stomach grumbled and he looked at Hyunseung, slightly embarrassed.

Hyunseung chuckled, understanding that Yoseob wanted to go and have lunch with the others now. He tapped Heechul on the shoulder, telling the stand-in manager that he and Yoseob were leaving first. It was about time for their lunch break, anyway.

Heechul waved them off, telling him to enjoy his birthday since Changmin and Jokwon were going to be working for the rest of the day. Hugging the elder, Hyunseung thanked him and left for the store with Yoseob. They cabbed back, because Yoseob reasoned that “It’s your birthday and you shouldn’t have to squeeze with anyone on the bus”.

By the time they arrived at the store, Doojoon had closed for lunch. Dongwoon and Gikwang were also already waiting for the two pregnant males inside. Yoseob offered to pay for the cab fare, since it was Hyunseung’s birthday after all, but the elder wasn’t having any of it.

After pointing out that Yoseob needed to save every cent for his twins, the younger male nodded in defeat and got out while Hyunseung paid. They went into the store together, and Hyunseung invited Kyujong and Jungmin in for some cake. They had declined initially, saying that they didn’t want to risk his safety, but Hyunseung sighed and gave them a look.

“Junnie left. Isn’t that enough reason for Jaewon to leave me alone?”

The two bodyguards looked at each other, both knowing that it was the least they could do to accept the offer. They’d known Hyunseung for a few months now, followed him around discreetly as much as possible, and they knew how he sounded when he was trying not to cry. It had taken a lot of effort for Hyunseung to say that without breaking down, and everyone knew it.

Eventually, Kyujong nodded and followed Hyunseung into the store, pulling Jungmin in with him. It went against whatever they were taught as a bodyguard, because they were taught never to let their guards down. But what Hyunseung needed now weren’t bodyguards; he needed friends.

If anyone had told Hyunseung, a few months back, that he wasn’t going to celebrate his birthday with his boyfriend, he’d stare at them as if they were mad. He and Junhyung had fallen so in love, so fast, that he didn’t even know it was possible. Why wouldn’t they celebrate his birthday together, right? Life’s a , Hyunseung thought with an inward sigh. Maybe it was just karma, for all the crimes that Junhyung had committed. Nonetheless, the pain of losing Junhyung just like that was slightly unbearable, even after all this time.

“So how’s Jungsu hyung?” Doojoon asked.

Hyunseung smiled slightly, remembering the happiness that was radiating from both Jungsu and Youngwoon when their little bundle of joy was born. His hand moved to rest over his stomach, and his smile widened just a little when Ilhoon kicked the exact spot where his hand was. “He and Changseob are fine,” he replied. Doojoon, Dongwoon and Gikwang sighed in relief, and the youngest of the three was already texting a congratulatory message to Youngwoon.

Gikwang, on the other hand, began to light the candles on the cake. When he was done, everyone started singing the birthday song for Hyunseung. It would’ve been a perfect birthday, except the most important person wasn’t here. Hyunseung really wanted to be happy and touched – well, he was. Still, his mind kept drifting back to that package he’d received, and then he’d think about how Junhyung was doing, and how he managed to get that package to him.

When Doojoon snapped his fingers in front of his best friend’s face, Hyunseung sighed and pushed all his thoughts away as best as he could. He made a wish, a really simple one, before blowing the candles out and cutting the cake.

Please let Ilhoon and Junnie be safe and healthy.

With that, he smiled and thanked Dongwoon and Gikwang for the cake. On the bright side, it was strawberry cheesecake. At least today’s turning out pretty well. If Hyunseung had to point out something that had gone wrong today, the only thing he would say was that Junhyung wasn’t here, because apart from that, the day had really gone smoothly.

But then Hyunseung remembered that he was having dinner with his family.

Damn.

 

---------------------------

 

After they finished eating the cake, Hyunseung told Kyujong and Jungmin that they could have the day off their bodyguard duty. They argued of course, saying that it was a terrible idea and that BoA definitely wouldn’t allow it. Hyunseung argued back, telling them that it was his birthday and he needed some privacy, especially if he was having dinner with his family. Jungmin then retorted, saying that they had to be there because what if something happened? What if his mother did or said something that made his blood pressure rise?

Hyunseung couldn’t fight with that; they were right. Ilhoon was more important than himself.

With a sigh, he asked, “At least go and have lunch. The others will take care of me,” he assured them. He felt really bad that they couldn’t even spend time together anymore, because they were so busy watching over him and making sure that Jaewon wasn’t going to kill him. It was the least he could do to let them have some alone time, even if it was just for a few hours.

Hesitating, Kyujong looked at his boyfriend and they exchanged looks before nodding and acceding to Hyunseung’s request. After making him promise to take care of himself, at least until dinner, the couple left for lunch. The five store employees left as well, not having eaten lunch themselves.

They decided to eat at Pasta Palace, since Hyunseung was craving Kyungsoo’s kimchi spaghetti and who was anyone to deny him that? So they found their usual table, and Luhan came over to take their orders. When Luhan asked where Junhyung was, everyone looked at Hyunseung, not knowing how to reply.

“I don’t know,” he answered honestly. “It’s a long story, Luhan. A really long story.”

The other four blinked in surprise, not having expected Hyunseung to be so honest. Luhan was at a loss, unable to form a coherent response and only managing to say, “I’m sorry, Hyunseung hyung.”

Hyunseung could only sigh, smile weakly and shake his head. He didn’t need people to pity him. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? While Hyunseung wasn’t fully sure if he was stronger, he was definitely sure that reality had sunk in. Junhyung left, and he couldn’t do anything about it. He might as well accept it and stop being a cry baby.

Luhan was silent after that, feeling bad for bringing Junhyung up. He then remembered, belatedly, that it was Hyunseung’s birthday, and wished the elder a happy birthday. Before Hyunseung could thank him properly, Kris shouted for Luhan to stop talking while he was working. The waiter rolled his eyes and apologised for having to leave, hastily rushing back to the kitchen to give their orders to the kitchen staff.

“So…” Gikwang started, trying to break the awkward silence. “This is from us to you, hyung.” Rummaging in his backpack, Gikwang pulled a neatly wrapped present out and handed it to Hyunseung. The elder took it with a small smile, thanking the two youngest for the present and promising to open it later on. Doojoon and Yoseob, too, handed their present to Hyunseung.

After that, the five mostly talked about Jungsu and Changseob, discussing when they were going to visit him and what to buy the new-born for his one-month celebration. Their food arrived sometime after that, and they ate in silence because nobody wanted to touch the topic of Junhyung, or anything that could possibly relate to him.

When they were nearly done with their food, Dongwoon asked Hyunseung if there was anything he wanted to do. The elder shook his head, too preoccupied with thinking about his upcoming doom, also known as dinner with his family. Geurim would do what she could to help him divert the topic away from Junhyung, but knowing his mother, he was going to be in for a hard time.

“I just want to go home and sleep before dinner,” he mumbled.

“Your mum doesn’t know yet, does she?” Yoseob asked dumbly. He knew that Hyunseung didn’t tell his parents yet, because all hell would have broken loose by now. Well, at least that’s how Geurim and Doojoon described Mrs. Jang and Yoseob would be a fool not to believe them.

Hyunseung sighed heavily and shook his head. “She has a terrible impression of him. I’m planning to tell her only after Ilhoon is born,” he replied.

Gikwang looked at him with a raised brow. “Can you keep it from her that long?”

“I have to at least try,” Hyunseung said, sighing once again. Dongwoon looked at his hyung sympathetically. His mum didn’t sound like she was very nice at all. “You know the doctor told me to keep my blood pressure down.”

Nodding in understanding, Gikwang could only wish Hyunseung good luck for his dinner later on. He and Dongwoon had projects to do, after all. After paying for the meal, the couple left for home to start on their schoolwork. Doojoon and Yoseob, on the other hand, sent Hyunseung back to his apartment and made sure he was asleep before they went back down to their own apartment.

 

------------------------

 

A little over two hours later, Hyunseung woke up panting and sweating. Feeling Ilhoon move about erratically inside his stomach, he heaved a sigh of relief before wiping some of the sweat off his forehead. What kind of dream was that?

In his dream, Hyunseung’s mum slapped him and shoved him away for being a useless son. She shouted something about him being knocked up by a good-for-nothing criminal, and mocked him for being abandoned by said criminal. When he tried to defend Junhyung, getting up and standing up against his mother, she told him that she wished he’d never been born – she spat the words in his face. Then, he grabbed onto her arm and said that she could insult him all she wanted, but never to insult Junhyung. That earned him another shove, but this time his stomach hit the edge of the table.

Even in his dream, the pain was excruciating, and all his mother told him as he cried was “Serves you right,” before leaving. That was about when he woke up. I must be overthinking things. Umma wouldn’t do that to me… right? Shaking his thoughts away, Hyunseung just hoped that the dream wasn’t some sort of premonition. Heck, he hoped that his mother wouldn’t find out about Junhyung’s disappearance yet.

Stretching, the pregnant male figured that he wouldn’t be able to do anything even if his mother found out. He grabbed the set of clothes that he’d chosen the night before, deciding to take a long shower to sort his thoughts out.

When he walked out of the shower, he heard the TV playing some drama and figured that Geurim was already here. Hyunseung hurriedly dried and styled his hair upon realising that it was already nearing 6.30pm, before packing his bag and heading out to the living room. Geurim waved at her brother, asking him if he was mentally prepared for this dinner.

“What if I say no?” he replied, sounding extremely tense because this was his mother, and she hated Junhyung. Geurim could only shrug and pat her brother on the back, telling him to relax as much as he could. If anything happens, Kyujong and Jungmin were always on standby.

“Let’s go. The two of them are already waiting for us downstairs,” she told him. He took a deep breath before nodding and heading down with Geurim. On the drive there, he told her about the dream he had, that was way too realistic for his liking.

“Oppa, you know she’s not that bad. Sure she’ll be disappointed but I don’t think she’d get all physical with you, especially since you’re pregnant,” Geurim pointed out.

“You never know, Geurim-ah. She never liked Junnie from the start; maybe she doesn’t want to have a grandson who has his blood,” he reasoned. Hyunseung honestly wasn’t sure when he’d become so hostile towards his own mother. Was it after the first time she met Junhyung? Or was it along the way, when she didn’t bother asking Geurim about him while his father still did?

“…maybe,” Geurim agreed reluctantly. She didn’t exactly hate her mother, but recently she didn’t like her much either. All she did everyday was to complain to her friends that her son never listened to her anymore. Maybe if she was more supportive of him, Hyunseung would listen to her more. She was the one that didn’t support him being a dancer, and she was the one that didn’t support his relationships – not the one with Jiyong, and definitely not the one with Junhyung.

Things were becoming more strained in their household lately, with their mother being a dictator about how things should be done because she didn’t want anything else in her life to ‘go wrong’. Of course Geurim didn’t tell Hyunseung about this, because he’d definitely blame himself. Their mother had always been a little of a control freak, really. Hyunseung’s decision to be a dancer was what triggered her to become even more of a control freak than before. Even their father was tired of it.

The rest of the ride was silent, and before Hyunseung knew it, they’d arrived at Heestory. It had been Heechul’s suggestion to dine there. The elder had said that Hangeng would treat; it was still Hyunseung’s birthday after all. Also, Zhoumi and Henry could keep an eye on Hyunseung, just in case anything happened.

Hooking her arm around Hyunseung’s, Geurim gave her brother an assuring smile before lightly tugging him into the store.

“Deep breaths oppa. You can do this.”

 

------------------------

 

The Jang family sat tensely, all unsure of what to say to each other. Hangeng was serving their table as Heechul had ordered him to, and honestly he could understand why. Mrs. Jang looked like she was about to snap at someone anytime soon, while Hyunseung was shrinking back in his seat as much as he possibly could. The Chinese man could understand why his husband was so insistent that he kept a close eye on them, really.

“Are you ready to make your order?” Hangeng asked politely.

“Four plates of Beijing Fried Rice please,” Geurim told him with a small smile.

“Drinks?”

“Just iced water will do.”

Nodding, Hangeng collected the four menus and excused himself.

The moment Hangeng left, the four sat in silence once more. Mr. Jang was the first to break the silence that was threatening to consume them, wishing Hyunseung a happy birthday with a genuine smile. Hyunseung thanked his father, glad that he didn’t ask why Junhyung was absent.

His mother, on the other hand, seemed to be unable to comprehend why she couldn’t see Junhyung around. She couldn’t stop frowning at Hyunseung, and finally voiced the question he dreaded most.

“Where is that boyfriend of yours?”

“He’s really busy, couldn’t make it,” Hyunseung replied tersely. How had he even thought that his umma was amazing? She was only amazing when he obeyed her. Now, thinking about it, it’d taken her an entire year to accept his decision to be a dancer. Even after that, things between them weren’t the same. Sure, she was somewhat back to her old self after a year, but Hyunseung highly doubted that that’d happen this time around.

“Shouldn’t he have made time? It’s your birthday. And what could he possibly be busy with?” she questioned incredulously. Then, snorting, she asked, “Robbing?”

Hyunseung took a deep breath, not wanting to pick a fight with his mother on his birthday. She was testing his limits already, and they’d only been in the restaurant for a little over ten minutes. Geurim sensed that Hyunseung’s patience was wearing thin, and decided to step in.

“Umma, Junhyung oppa’s really busy. His friend was in trouble and he couldn’t just leave him alone,” Geurim lied. Their mother rolled her eyes, giving Geurim a look.

“I didn’t ask you, did I, Geurim?”

“No,” she mumbled. “But you did go too far with that comment.”

“Jang Geurim, don’t talk back to me.”

“It’s Hyunseung’s birthday. Don’t start a fight now,” their father said, unable to tolerate how his wife was acting at the moment. He already knew what happened – Geurim had told him everything, and she even told him where Junhyung was. He’d been extremely disappointed at first, thinking that Junhyung had done something illegal again and finally got caught. However, after hearing the full story from Geurim and the texts from Junhyung to her, he understood why Junhyung left.

He also understood that the last thing Junhyung wanted was for anything to happen to Hyunseung or their unborn son. Hyunseung was his son and he wasn’t going to condemn him simply because he wanted to dance, or because he fell in love with someone with a history of being a criminal. He couldn’t understand how his wife could be so unsupportive of her own son, and he sure as hell wasn’t going to let her treat Hyunseung like this on his birthday.

“Don’t you start too, dear. You know Geurim was being disrespectful,” she snapped.

Mr. Jang sighed heavily. He loved his wife, but he loved his children too. If his wife was acting so unreasonably, it was his job as their father to protect them from even her. Before he could even say anything though, Zhoumi walked over and gave his signature smile.

“Is there a problem, ma’am?” he asked.

She shook her head angrily, unhappy that a waiter was interrupting her while she was busy taking her children into hand. Zhoumi looked at Geurim, Hyunseung and Mr. Jang, noting their unhappy faces and looking back at Mrs. Jang.

“It seems to me that you’re having an argument with your family here. I don’t mean to be rude, but our customers’ satisfaction matters a lot to us. If the three of you are unhappy, please do not hesitate to call us and we will be more than willing to this ma’am out.”

Mrs. Jang looked at Zhoumi in disbelief, because a waiter was honestly going to kick her out of the restaurant? Really? Scoffing, she could only stand up, even angrier than before. Brushing her dress, she glared at her children before giving her husband a look, and leaving without another word. Hyunseung and Geurim sat in their seats, clearly unable to believe what just happened.

“And you’re very welcome. I’ll just remove one plate of fried rice from your order and the rest is on the house,” Zhoumi said, giving a gentlemanly bow before excusing himself to attend to other tables. Mr. Jang raised a brow at Zhoumi’s retreating figure, watching as the waiter busied himself attending to the other tables.

“Well I guess their service deserves an A,” Geurim said, unable to hold in a chuckle. Her mother, the lady boss of a restaurant downtown, just got kicked out by a waiter. She was definitely going to be in hot water when she gets home, so she was just going to enjoy the moment.

Hyunseung nodded, still slightly awed by how Zhoumi handled the situation.

He was going to have to thank Heechul and Hangeng for dinner.

 

------------------------

 

After finishing their food, Mr. Jang looked at Hyunseung seriously.

“I know Junhyung left.”

Hyunseung returned his father’s gaze, chewing slowly and swallowing before nodding. “Yeah, he did. Did Geurim tell you why?” he asked nonchalantly. Looking to his left, Hyunseung narrowed his eyes at his little sister. “You weren’t supposed to say anything, traitor.”

Mr. Jang nodded. “I understand why he left and don’t worry, I won’t tell your mother.”

“You don’t think I’m a failure?”

“If you’re a failure, then this father of yours is an even bigger failure,” he pointed out. Seeing Hyunseung’s shocked expression, the elder could only laugh. “I’ll never think that any of my children are a failure.”

Hyunseung heaved a sigh of relief, smiling at his father. “You’re the best appa ever!”

Mr. Jang laughed heartily, nodding and holding his arms open for a hug. Hyunseung gladly accepted it, albeit awkwardly due to his stomach being in the way, enjoying the feeling of being held in his father’s embrace, just like when he was young. Then, pulling a bag out from under his seat, Mr. Jang handed it to Hyunseung. “Happy 25th birthday.”

“What’s this?” Hyunseung asked curiously, not wanting to open it in front of his father because it wasn’t respectful to him. Geurim looked at their father, receiving a nod from him and pulling the present out from the bag.

“A pair of dancing shoes,” Geurim sang.

Hyunseung gaped openly at his father. “But appa, I already have a pair and they’re only a couple of years old. You didn’t have to,” he said in shock. Geurim rolled her eyes, knowing that her oppa didn’t understand the hidden meaning behind the shoes. Then again, if their father didn’t tell her, she wouldn’t know either.

“Let me translate. Appa wants you to follow your dream of being a dancer, now that you’ve graduated. He doesn’t mind taking care of Ilhoon for you, if you’re too busy. It’s about time he stops working so much anyway,” Geurim told Hyunseung.

He looked at their father who nodded with a smile, and tears welled up in Hyunseung’s eyes before he was hugging his father again. “I love you appa, so much.”

“I think it’s high time I find a manager to handle the restaurant. I’ll just stay at home and do the accounting, so I have more time but still have an income,” he explained, just so Hyunseung wouldn’t stress about having to provide for both his parents and his son.

Hyunseung nodded against his father’s chest, sniffling slightly. “So you’ll come over and help out with Ilhoon, right? Does umma know what you’re planning to do?”

“She does, but she doesn’t approve. What can she do? I’m a grown man. Hyunseung-ah, if your mother does anything out of line, you just tell me alright?” Mr. Jang said. He wasn’t going to stand for his wife treating their kids like this.

Hyunseung nodded again, thanking his father for being so amazing and supportive of him. Then he kept the present back in the bag, and waved Hangeng over. It was really getting late and although he really wanted to spend more time with his father and sister, he knew that his mother wasn’t going to be happy. Also, he was getting pretty tired.

He thanked Hangeng for the meal, and told the owner of the restaurant to convey his thanks to Heechul as well. He also mentioned what Zhoumi did, and could only laugh when Hangeng said that it was Heechul’s suggestion.

“We’ll get going now, then. Thanks again!” Hyunseung said, bowing as much as he could. Hangeng told him that it was no problem, and told the family to take care. Once outside the restaurant, Mr. Jang asked if Hyunseung needed a drive home.

“It’s ok, someone’s picking me up,” Hyunseung declined. “You should go home already, before it gets any later and umma kills you both,” he added, seeing that it was already past nine. Mr. Jang sighed just thinking of what his wife would say, and nodded tiredly. He left with Geurim after telling Hyunseung to call him if he ever needed any help.

Hyunseung smiled and waved at his father and sister as they drove away, and within seconds Kyujong was standing next to him. The two waited for Jungmin to get the car, and began the drive back to Hyunseung’s apartment.

“We saw what happened with your mum. Zhoumi is one heck of a waiter,” Jungmin commented.

Hyunseung laughed, nodding in total agreement.

“She had it coming anyway.”

 

-------------------------

 

Kyujong and Jungmin dropped Hyunseung off at his apartment, announcing that they were going to leave him alone for the night. They didn’t usually stay over often, since Doojoon and Yoseob were just downstairs and could help to watch out for him. Also, his birthday was ending and he had presents to unwrap. Who were they to disturb him?

Hyunseung thanked the couple for, as always, watching out so much for him. The two waved him off, saying that it was their job, which technically it was because BoA was honestly paying them to do this. Hyunseung shrugged, seeing them out and telling them his plans for tomorrow because they had to know these things. Once they left, he went to sit on the couch, sighing heavily when he felt Ilhoon moving around restlessly.

“Ilhoon-ah, this isn’t the time to be so wide awake,” he mumbled tiredly, rubbing his stomach absentmindedly and piling the gifts he’d received on the table. He first opened Dongwoon and Gikwang’s, which was a new backpack.

Next, he opened Doojoon and Yoseob’s present. He could only laugh when he saw that they’d gotten him Pororo CDs, with a note that said ‘Ilhoon can watch them too next time! Don’t laugh!’ No wonder their present felt pretty heavy.

He put the two gifts aside, staring at the parcel he’d received at midnight. Was he honestly ready to open it and cry like a baby again? Probably not, but I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. With that thought in mind, Hyunseung carefully opened the parcel, taking out the small rectangular item inside with the word ‘Miracle’ written on the front.

It was a photo album.

Hyunseung wondered if the word was handwritten by Junhyung or if the album already had the word printed across the front. Upon closer inspection, he discovered that it was handwritten and a small smile made its way onto his face. Junhyung really had to DIY everything, didn’t he?

Opening the album to its first page, Hyunseung read what Junhyung had written:

Ilhoon,

Intelligent.

Loving.

Honest.

Obedient.

Optimistic.

Nice.

You are our Miracle and we love you.

Hyunseung blinked, and a few tears made their way down his cheeks. When had Junhyung done this and how did he not know? As far as he remembered, they chose Ilhoon’s name two days before Junhyung left. How on earth had his boyfriend managed to do this so quickly?

Pushing his thoughts away and moving his gaze over to the next page, Hyunseung saw that the first photo Junhyung had inserted was the first ultrasound scan they’d gotten, all the way back in March. It seemed so nostalgic remembering those days when they hadn’t known anything about pregnancy, and when his stomach was still flat. He loved his baby bump though, of course. Why wouldn’t he?

The next pictures were all of the ultrasound scans, and after a couple of pages, the album was blank. What else was to be expected? Junhyung left after that. He couldn’t possibly have any more photos that included Ilhoon, because their baby boy wasn’t even born yet.

Setting the album down, Hyunseung pulled out the card inside the parcel.

Dear Hyunseung,

Happy 25th birthday baby. How was your day? I hope you had fun with the others, even though I wasn’t there to celebrate it with you. I know I promised never to leave, but you understand, right? I know you’ll understand, but if you want to hate me, then feel free to. I totally deserve it, anyway.

Has Ilhoon been behaving himself in there? He’d better be, because he’s going to grow up to be a good son and protect you in my place. You’re taking care of yourself, right? Well, if you aren’t then I’m going to have to kill Kyujong and Jungmin the next time I see them, whenever that is.

I know that no matter how much I write in this card, it’ll never match up to saying all this to you in person so I’ll just stop here. I hope you liked the song, since you loved it so much when you saw the lyrics. Do you remember that sketchbook I didn’t let you see? You can take a look at it now. It’s yours. Happy birthday again and I love you, more than you’ll ever know.

Junhyung.

P.S. Please don’t cry anymore. You know I hate it when you cry.

By the time Hyunseung was done reading, he was already crying, just like he’d predicted. How could he not? Junhyung was a douchebag for leaving, but he still managed to do so many things for him before he left and Hyunseung didn’t even know it. He should’ve guessed that the sketchbook was for him. Sometimes he felt so damn dumb for not realising such things.

Hyunseung hurriedly went into his room, kneeling down and pulling the sketchbook out from where Junhyung had kept it. He flipped through the pages, and felt his heart break when he read what was written below the portraits. The captions were fine, but Junhyung’s feelings when he drew each portrait was what broke his heart. Hyunseung still couldn’t believe that he never guessed what Junhyung had planned until it was too late.

By the time he’d finished looking at all the portraits of himself, he was crying just as hard as when Junhyung had just left. He hugged the sketchbook to his chest, knowing that it was going to be one of his most precious treasures. He knew that Junhyung was sketching something, but he didn’t expect the younger to be sketching portraits of him.

Hyunseung curled up on the bed, keeping his hold on the sketchbook and sniffling. He could almost imagine Junhyung wishing him a happy birthday, and it hurt to know that it’d be a long time before he saw his boyfriend.

“I miss you so much Junnie, and thanks for the presents.”

The clock struck midnight, and marked the end of Hyunseung’s 25th birthday. It was definitely one that he was never going to forget.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HI GUYS I AM BACK! (after nearly two months I'm so sorry OTL exams just ended on Monday)

Ok I know it's been an unexpectedly long hiatus and I'm really sorry but I'll try to get back on track with typing. There's probably gonna be ANOTHER timeskip of about a month or so? I don't wanna write so many fillers and I'm running outta ideas anyways hahahaha oops

Don't you guys just love Zhoumi in this chapter? Like dayum Zhoumi's got guts! And I hate Seung's mum too okay like seriously her character in here is just such a

This chapter is 5.3k words long AND I managed to get it out by Seung's birthday! Happy birthday to the Pororo-loving idiot that we all love! <3

Okay well I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and hopefully I'll be able to get the next out within the next two weeks. That's all from me for now. Annyeong~! ^^