Ilhoon

You Make Me A Good Man

(A month later)

 

Another month had passed, rather peacefully, and October came. By now, both Hyunseung and Yoseob were heavily pregnant. They just had to wait a few more weeks and they’d be able to meet their children. Neither male was looking forward to the pain that came with labour, but it was going to be worth it.

Over the month, Hyunseung’s mother had thankfully left him alone. She was still royally pissed off about what happened at Heestory of course, but Hyunseung honestly couldn’t care. He still wasn’t sure what kind of mother would even treat her son like his mother did. Even if Junhyung wasn’t the most exemplary person in the whole world, at least he changed for Hyunseung. His mother, however, was a different case.

Well, he wasn’t going to bother himself with that now. It would still be nice if she didn’t find out before Ilhoon was born, but if she did, then he’d just go with the flow. He just hoped that the flow didn’t include him going into premature labour. That would . She could disown him if she wanted to. After all, it seemed like she was already close to doing that.

Aside from his mother, everything was going pretty smoothly in Hyunseung’s life. He and Yoseob weren’t allowed to work anymore, being nearly eight months along now. They could hardly stand for an hour without feeling like their feet were about to die. So while Doojoon worked, the two pregnant males stayed at home and either watched drama serials or did some research about taking care of new-borns.

At the moment, Doojoon was once again at work while Hyunseung was at home with Yoseob. Both of them were in the twins’ nursery, doing some simple decorations that didn’t require much standing or exertion. Currently, they were pretty much just sitting down on the floor and writing the twins’ names on a piece of wood. They were planning to paint it later on and have Doojoon put it up somewhere.

Hyunseung yawned, feeling slightly tired since they’d been working on decorations for about three hours now and Ilhoon wouldn’t stop lodging a limb in his rib. It kind of hurt and he couldn’t really breathe properly. No matter how he rubbed his belly in an effort to get Ilhoon to move away, it didn’t work.

“Hyung, do you want to go and rest? We could stop now and grab a snack, watch TV or something,” Yoseob suggested, letting out a yawn of his own and stretching slightly. Hyunseung nodded in agreement, slowly getting up and balancing himself before walking out of the room. His blood pressure was a little on the high side, according to Dr. Im, so he had to be more careful when standing up and doing anything in general.

The two pregnant males went to make some hot chocolate, turning the fan on and grabbing the tin of crackers that was bought specially for them. They settled down on the couch, getting into comfortable positions before turning the TV on and flicking to some random channel. After a little arguing, they agreed to watch one of the music shows and drank their hot chocolate.

It wasn’t even ten minutes before both of them fell asleep, tired from doing decorations for so long. When Doojoon came back from work a half hour later with lunch, he could only chuckle and try not to wake them up as he cleared their snacks.

When he was done, he shook his boyfriend and best friend awake for lunch. He was hungry and they probably were too. If they weren’t then he would just have to face their wrath and be shouted or screamed at. It wasn’t anything new to him.

“Guys, wake up. I bought chicken and fried rice. Seobie, come on you have to eat. Get up,” he coaxed gently, smiling victoriously as his boyfriend blinked tiredly and yawned. Hyunseung was already awake, and had headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water. When Yoseob was fully awake, the three of them sat together at the dining table and began eating their lunch.

After lunch, Hyunseung and Yoseob continued working on the names. Doojoon joined them a while later, asking if there was anything he could do to help. He ended up pasting the wall stickers according to the design plan that Hyunseung and Yoseob had done up.

The three worked mostly in silence, except for the occasional comments by either pregnant male that Doojoon had pasted something wrongly, or that it wasn’t straight. It was a rather relaxing time and all of them enjoyed the peace and quiet. It wasn’t going to be long before they would be craving for just a moment of quiet.

About an hour passed and Hyunseung’s phone rang. He struggled to stand up and get it from the table, so Doojoon handed it to him and saved him the trouble. Thanking his best friend, Hyunseung looked at the caller ID and frowned when he saw that it was Geurim calling. His sister didn’t call him often nowadays; if she had anything to tell him, she’d just come over.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Oppa, oh my god, listen to me carefully ok?” Geurim asked, obviously panicked. Hyunseung felt his heart rate increase drastically. Geurim had always been a calm and collected person. If she was panicking, some had to be going down. “Are you at home?”

“No… I’m at Doojoon’s place,” he replied, confused.

He heard Geurim swear. “I need you to go home now. Did you tell umma that you moved?”

Hyunseung was really confused now. He racked his brain, trying to recall whether or not he’d informed his mother about him moving. He sighed when he couldn’t remember, and cursed his pregnancy brain for forgetting something so important. “I don’t know. I don’t think so.”

“Seung, what’s going on?” Doojoon asked in concern. Hyunseung frowned and shook his head, holding a hand up to tell Doojoon to keep quiet first. He could guess what Geurim wanted to tell him, but he just hoped that he was wrong.

“Go home now. Ask Kyujong and Jungmin to stand guard and never let anyone in,” she instructed seriously. Hyunseung was about to ask why, but Geurim answered before the words even came out of his mouth.

“Umma found out.”

Two things happened simultaneously.

There was a knock on the house door.

Hyunseung’s blood pressure spiked.

 

-------------------------

 

“Jang Hyunseung, come out of the house!”

Yoseob and Doojoon’s eyes darted towards the door, and they looked back at Hyunseung. The pregnant male shook his head, whimpering as he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. “Don’t open the door,” he told them, scrunching his face up in pain and letting out another whimper.

Hyunseung put the call on speaker mode, instinctively wrapping his arms around his stomach and curling up. “Oppa, are you ok?” Geurim asked worriedly. Yoseob was by his side immediately, asking him what hurt and looking at Doojoon in horror.

“Doojoonie…” he mumbled. “This isn’t good.”

“Geurim, he’s not ok. We’re heading to the hospital now,” Doojoon replied, already heading to the door and pulling it open. He looked at his best friend’s mother, who used to be like a second mother to him, and glared at her. All he saw was a stranger who just happened to have the same face as the woman he once knew. “Go away, Mrs. Jang, please. You’re not welcome here.”

“Where is Hyunseung? Or rather, where is Junhyung?” she demanded, scoffing when Doojoon shoved her out of the way and called for Kyujong and Jungmin. “Why can’t you answer me? You don’t know where he is, either?”

Doojoon inhaled deeply, not wanting to lash out at the woman now. He had to get Hyunseung to the hospital first, then deal with her. Kyujong and Jungmin both hurried over from where they were hiding, and the latter held a piece of cloth soaked in chloroform over Mrs. Jang’s mouth and nose. Kyujong, on the other hand, ran into the house with Doojoon and helped Hyunseung out.

Amidst the pain, Hyunseung barely registered the fact that his mother was knocked out in Jungmin’s arms. He shook his head sadly, unable to believe that his relationship with his mother had become so bad in such a short time.

Another wave of pain rippled through his abdomen and Hyunseung groaned. He felt something warm trickling down his thigh and his heart dropped. No. No, I can’t lose Ilhoon. “Kyujong, hurry,” Hyunseung cried, knowing that he was bleeding and they were running out of time.

The bodyguard quickened his pace, and Doojoon ran downstairs to get the car. Jungmin was instructed to bring Yoseob to the hospital later on, because time was of the essence and they didn’t have time to wait for Yoseob to get to the car.

Once Hyunseung was buckled up and the doors were closed, Doojoon sped off towards the nearest hospital. It was do or die now – either Ilhoon was going to be born today, or they’d lose him. It was clear which option they were going for.

While Doojoon was trying to rush to the hospital without getting them killed, Kyujong was calling the hospital and informing them of the situation. By the time they got there, which took less than ten minutes, there was a wheelchair waiting and an operating room prepared. Hyunseung was wheeled in right away, and Doojoon handled the administration stuff before changing into scrubs and going into the operating room.

“How’s he doing?” he asked the doctor.

“He and the baby will both be fine,” the doctor assured with a smile.

Doojoon nodded and bowed slightly, moving out of the way and standing beside Hyunseung. He held onto his best friend’s hand, telling him that everything would be fine and that Ilhoon was going to be just fine.

“But I’m scared,” Hyunseung sniffled, unable to stop crying out of fear that he would lose his baby boy. He almost lost him once, and because he didn’t take good care of himself, he might really lose him this time. “I want Junhyung here.”

Doojoon sighed, nodding in understanding. “I know. I wish he was here, too.”

It wasn’t long before the doctors announced that it was a baby boy, and before Hyunseung could even request to see his son, Ilhoon was taken away to be worked on. He was nearly two months premature and his lungs weren’t fully developed yet. When the doctor said that Ilhoon wasn’t breathing, Hyunseung’s heart stopped beating. He couldn’t lose Ilhoon like this. It wasn’t fair!

Hyunseung cried, sobs wracking his body. He’d gone through so much the past three months: Junhyung left, he fell into depression, and he nearly miscarried. If Ilhoon died, then Hyunseung didn’t see the point in living anymore. The thoughts made Hyunseung cry even harder, and he didn’t even hear anything that Doojoon or the doctor were saying.

“Hyunseung. Seung! Snap out of it! Ilhoon is alright!” Doojoon nearly screamed at his hysterical friend. He literally slapped Hyunseung across the cheek and told him, “Listen.” And listen he did. Hyunseung didn’t know how he hadn’t heard it, but Ilhoon was crying. His son was breathing.

Oh thank god. Don’t ever take Ilhoon from me, please.

“He’s going to be just fine, Seung,” Doojoon reassured.

Hyunseung smiled weakly, nodding before he out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok this chapter should've been longer but I couldn't exactly drag it out because... I had no idea how to ._.

Hyunseung's mum is a , as we've established previously. Anddddd welcome baby Ilhoon! After nearly 30 chapters (since they found out about the pregnancy) Ilhoon is born~ That took long hahahaha OTL

Anyways. Next chapter probably won't be so long either. Idk yet because I'm not good with planning chapters, as you all obviously can tell XD

Well that's all from me now, sorry for the slightly late update, and see you guys in a week (or two)! Annyeong~ ^-^