White Day: JunSeung

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung waved to his friends as he walked away with Junhyung, heading to where they had planned to go. Where was that, exactly? Well, it was the music store on one of the levels. Junhyung, surprisingly, had contacted the owner of the store and asked if there was a room with a piano. When the owner said yes, and that it could be rented for an hour at a fee, Junhyung immediately booked the first available slot. That slot happened to be at 1.15pm, so the couple was currently headed there.

To be honest, Hyunseung had no idea what Junhyung had planned for the day. The younger male always planned their dates, and White Day was no exception. Junhyung had the itinerary for the day already, and he’d checked whether the plan could go on by calling the respective store owners up in the morning. How he’d gotten their numbers, Hyunseung didn’t need or want to know.

Junhyung felt a small smile tug at his lips as he went over the plan for the day. He had an hour with the piano and he intended to use at least half of that time. He’d been composing new songs recently, all with Hyunseung in mind. He had three new songs, and he also changed the lyrics of some previously composed songs specially for the date. Seungie’s going to love this.

Hyunseung always loved listening to Junhyung play the piano or compose songs with a program on the computer. He would help with the lyrics sometimes, in fact. It was that, or he would end up dancing something random to go with the music. No matter what, Junhyung knew that Hyunseung loved it whenever a song was dedicated to him.

Within a few minutes, Junhyung stopped in front of a rather impressive-looking music store. Hyunseung didn’t know much about music or instruments, but he enjoyed making up lyrics to songs. He allowed Junhyung to lead him to the rented music room and sat down beside Junhyung, in front of the piano.

Junhyung tested the piano and smiled satisfactorily when the tuning was fine. He took a deep breath, looked at Hyunseung and let his fingers take over. When Junhyung’s fingers touched the first ivory keys, Hyunseung found himself watching and listening intently for the tune composed by his beloved boyfriend, a smile plastered onto his face.

There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me

The first song came to an end and already Hyunseung was feeling like he didn’t deserve a sweet and loving guy like Junhyung. He admitted that he’d helped with the lyrics for the song, just a little, but he’d never known that it was for him. He thought that it was just a piece that Junhyung wanted to do in his free time, and perhaps sell to a music company.

Hyunseung knew what to expect for the rest of the hour they had in the music room, and he liked the idea of listening to Junhyung’s voice and songs. Junnie always knows what I like. How’d I even get him as my boyfriend?

The elder male was snapped out of his thoughts when Junhyung started to play the next song.

Oh I don’t care what anybody says
No matter who curses at me, I’ll only look at you
If I am born again, it will be only you

And the next.

For you, I can give you the whole world
For you, I want to do everything for you
I only know you, I live as a fool
For you, for you
For you, I can fly up to space
For you, I can go deep inside the ocean
I only know you, I live as a fool
For you, for you

Before Hyunseung even knew it, a half hour had passed. He didn’t know how Junhyung had so many songs to play to him, but he loved every single one of the songs. He could feel Junhyung’s love for him with each word that the younger male sang. And Hyunseung loved the feeling of being loved. He never wanted to lose Junhyung.

As Junhyung readied himself to play yet another song, stretching his tired fingers, Hyunseung hooked an arm around the younger male’s neck and pulled Junhyung to him. They locked lips and Hyunseung thought about bringing things further, but he knew better than to have in a music room so he reluctantly broke the kiss after two or so minutes.

Junhyung raised a brow at Hyunseung and the elder could only grin and kiss Junhyung once more, murmuring, “I love you. You know that right?”, as they broke the kiss. Both their faces were slightly flushed and Junhyung just smiled at Hyunseung before getting up and taking a hold of the elder male’s hand, exiting the music room and thanking the owner before leaving for their next stop.

“Of course I know, you babo.”

 

-----------------------

 

As it turned out, their next stop was the cinema. After finding out that the cinema was closed for renovations, Junhyung immediately searched for the next closest cinema. It was a good thing that it wasn’t that far away by car, so he brought Hyunseung to the car park and they got into his car.

Hyunseung had given Junhyung a very quizzical look, but he only received a secretive grin in response. He gave up trying to find the reason why they were leaving Namsan Tower, instead snuggling against Junhyung and sighing contentedly. Hyunseung didn’t need fancy dates or expensive gifts or romantic and cheesy sayings. He was happy just being with Junhyung. The other things were merely a bonus.

When Junhyung parked in the car park of the other mall, Hyunseung had to question why they were there. Junhyung gave a very vague response of “You’ll see.” The answer made Hyunseung want to hit the younger male, but he liked surprises so he let it slide.

The movie that the couple was going to catch happened to be the same one that Yoseob really wanted to watch. It was just too bad for Yoseob.

Five plus minutes later, Hyunseung and Junhyung were comfortably seated in the couple seat, their fingers interlaced as they watched the few advertisements before the movie actually started. Hyunseung leaned against Junhyung, toying with the promise ring on his finger while smiling. As usual, Junnie remembers everything I said.

Junhyung was happy just seeing Hyunseung smile like that. He didn’t even know when or how he had fallen so deep so fast, but it wasn’t that he minded. Hyunseung was like the light in his dark world, and he would never want to let Hyunseung go. He had lived without happiness for such a long time; he deserved to be happy, and to make his loved one happy as well.

Before long, the movie started playing and Hyunseung’s eyes were glued to the screen. Junhyung’s eyes were darting between the screen and Hyunseung. The movie they were watching was a sci-fi romance movie, so Hyunseung found himself constantly awed by the scientific terms and advanced technology used in the show. He also found himself tearing up when the main couple had to be broken apart, feeling Junhyung squeeze his hand comfortingly.

Hyunseung glanced at Junhyung, noticing that the younger was enjoying himself as much as Hyunseung was. He smiled lovingly at his boyfriend, gave him a peck on the nose, and turned back to focus on the movie with burning cheeks. Did I honestly just do that?

On the other hand, Junhyung was grinning widely to himself. Seungie just… oh my god. He kissed my nose in the theatre. Oh my god. Junhyung was kind of in shock, overly happy that Hyunseung had just shown that type of affection to him. Heck, Hyunseung rarely pecked his nose when they were at home, much less when they were in public.

By the time the credits of the movie rolled, Junhyung was positively hyped up. Over the course of the last hour, Hyunseung had initiated a few more kisses and also constantly snuggled into Junhyung’s side, making the younger male feel warm both inside and outside.

Hyunseung skipped out of the movie theatre with Junhyung’s hand in his, extremely pleased with himself for finally taking some initiative in their relationship. He had never been the type to initiate skinship in public, but he wanted to let others know that Junhyung was his – even if they had been in a dark cinema and nobody was paying attention to them.

“Seungie, you’re too amazing, you know?” Junhyung said as he held the car door open for Hyunseung, getting ready to head back to Namsan Tower for the last two hours of their date. Hyunseung grinned at Junhyung while the younger male shut the car door, got into the driver’s seat, and started the car.

“And you aren’t?” Hyunseung asked. Junhyung shrugged, taking his left hand off the steering wheel so that he could lace his fingers with Hyunseung’s. “If anything, you’re more amazing than me,” Hyunseung said in all honesty. Junhyung chuckled, shaking his head at his boyfriend’s words.

“In my eyes, you’ll always be the best.”

Hyunseung couldn’t help the flutter of his heart or the slight tinge of pink that appeared on his cheeks after that.

 

-----------------------

 

When the couple made it back to Namsan Tower, Junhyung brought Hyunseung to a popular café. In fact, Junhyung had worked there before. After getting a seat in the corner, Junhyung excused himself and disappeared, not telling Hyunseung where he was going. While Hyunseung was slightly worried, he had to trust Junhyung since he was a grown man after all. Junnie will be fine.

Hyunseung spent the next ten minutes scrolling through his picture gallery, looking over all the pictures that he and Junhyung had taken together. It was usually Junhyung who would be taking pictures of Hyunseung, but that usually happened when they were indoors. Occasionally, Hyunseung would use his phone to take a few pictures of Junhyung too, teasing the younger male whenever he looked unglamorous in a photo.

“Junnie, what the hell are you doing?” Hyunseung muttered, pouting and resting his chin on his palms. Junhyung couldn’t possibly have gone to the toilet because he would have told Hyunseung. There was no way that Junhyung would leave without Hyunseung.

So where…?

Hyunseung’s train of thoughts was broken when a tray was set in front of him. Hyunseung looked up to see a smiling Junhyung, and he looked back down to see what was on the tray. A gasp escaped his lips when he saw that the cup of cappuccino had a heart drawn on it, and on a plate were pretzels in the shape of the numbers ‘1.4.3’.

“I love you,” Junhyung said, leaning over to kiss Hyunseung fully on the lips. Hyunseung almost felt himself melt into a puddle of goo, from both the kiss and the pleasant surprise. He was suddenly thankful for the fact that Junhyung had worked as a barista before. But even if he didn’t, he would find a way to make this happen, Hyunseung added as an afterthought.

“I love you too,” Hyunseung replied, smiling shyly after breaking the kiss. He found it a tad hard to believe that he had just kissed Junhyung like that, in a café. They were sitting in a corner, but the people walking outside would definitely have been able to see them. At the thought, Hyunseung sighed inwardly. I can’t do anything about that.

“Do you like it?” Junhyung asked nervously, fiddling with his fingers under the table. Hyunseung raised a brow, deciding to play with Junhyung for a bit.

“If I don’t?”

Junhyung sighed. “I knew I should have gone with the cake. I’m such an idiot. I…” Junhyung was cut off when Hyunseung placed a finger on the younger’s lips, indicating for him to just stop talking already. Naturally, Junhyung complied.

“I didn’t like it. I loved it,” Hyunseung explained. Junhyung rolled his eyes even as a chuckle escaped his lips. Hyunseung merely grinned in reply and took a picture of the food before staring at the pretzels in confusion. “Why 1.4.3 though?”

“It’s the number of letters for ‘I love you’,” Junhyung replied, unable to prevent a slight blush from spreading across his cheeks. Hyunseung cooed and took a picture of Junhyung quickly before moving over to sit beside Junhyung. He rested his head against Junhyung’s shoulder and smiled, snapping a picture right as Junhyung pressed his lips to Hyunseung’s forehead.

“You’re the best to me, Junnie.”

Junhyung nodded in agreement. “I have to be. You’re the best to me, too.”

Hyunseung merely grinned in acknowledgement and took a pretzel from the plate, holding it at Junhyung’s mouth. The latter parted his lips and let Hyunseung feed him, chewing on the self-made pretzel with a small smile.

“You’re the best cook, too.”

“I know, Seungie. I know.”

 

--------------------

 

Hyunseung and Junhyung finished sharing the pretzels and cappuccino, taking random shots of each other using their phones as they ate and drank. After they left the café, Junhyung told Hyunseung to sit down at one of the benches beside the main entrance of Namsan Tower. Junhyung then ran off to the escalator to go to the basement.

“Now what?” Hyunseung questioned, wondering how many things Junhyung had planned. As if the serenading and movie and surprise love confession weren’t enough. Well, clearly Junhyung had thought about the date very thoroughly and planned it out perfectly. So far, everything had gone according to plan.

Again, Hyunseung spent his time by using his phone, this time listening to his favourite song that Junhyung had composed for him. When the song ended, Hyunseung tore his gaze off his phone and looked up to see Junhyung standing in front of him, slightly out of breath and panting a little.

“What’d you do, run a marathon in there?” Hyunseung joked, getting up to take a hold of Junhyung’s hand. He ended up wrapping an arm around Junhyung’s waist as Junhyung threw an arm over Hyunseung’s shoulder, pulling the elder male to him. In Junhyung’s unoccupied hand was a plastic bag. Junnie just bought that. I wonder what it is.

Within minutes, the couple was in the park near to Namsan Tower. Hyunseung immediately knew what the plastic bag’s contents were, as well as why they were at the park. It seemed that Junhyung had something on his mind, because it had become habitual for Junhyung to feed ducks whenever he needed to sort his thoughts out. Another reason for being at the park could simply be because Hyunseung enjoyed feeding ducks. Who knows?

They found a spot beside the pond and sat down. Junhyung placed the two bags of bread crumbs in between them and took a handful of bread crumbs, scattering them onto the water with a swing of his arm. Hyunseung repeated the action, watching as how ducks fought over the bread crumbs.

“Junnie, are you thinking about something?” Hyunseung asked knowingly.

Junhyung sighed and nodded. “The robbery the other day was definitely directed at one of us.”

Hyunseung glanced at the ducks again. “Why can’t our lives be as simple as that?” Hyunseung asked, pointing to the group of ducks who were trying to snatch up bread crumbs to fill their empty stomachs.

“No matter what this guy’s motive is, we’ll face it together,” Junhyung said. Hyunseung leaned against Junhyung and nodded, thus ending the conversation about the robbery just a week ago. They continued to feed the ducks, and a few fish would surface from time to time as well, attempting to snatch up some bread crumbs before the ducks ate them.

The two had been sitting in very comfortable silence when a familiar voice was suddenly heard. “Feeding ducks?” Yoseob questioned, raising a brow at his two hyungs. The couple turned to see Yoseob and Doojoon, and Hyunseung had opened his mouth to reply but Junhyung shook his head and gave his best friend a look.

“It’s our thing, alright? Outsiders don’t have to understand this,” Junhyung said. “Go away and let us enjoy our date,” he added after a few seconds. Doojoon and Yoseob looked at each other and shrugged, already turning to walk away when Doojoon turned back.

“Remember to be at the roof by 6pm,” he reminded Hyunseung and Junhyung. The couple nodded and Doojoon was off with Yoseob. When they were out of earshot, Hyunseung looked at Junhyung curiously.

“Why didn’t you let me tell Seobie why we were feeding ducks?”

“First, it really is our thing. Second, shouldn’t Doojoon know?” Junhyung pointed out. Hyunseung rolled his eyes at the mention of his best friend, knowing clearly well that Doojoon didn’t bother remembering about something as insignificant as that.

“Doojoon’s a horrible best friend,” Hyunseung said with a scowl. Junhyung laughed, absentmindedly throwing another handful of bread crumbs into the pond as he closed the gap between his and Hyunseung’s lips. As per normal, electricity sparked between them and they locked lips right there in the park.

After five minutes of mindless making out, Hyunseung decided that perhaps they should actually stop. He ended up pushing Junhyung away the next time the younger male tried to kiss him, laughing and telling Junhyung that they only had fifteen minutes left.

“We have all night to do whatever we want,” Hyunseung whispered naughtily. Junhyung turned to smirk at Hyunseung and nodded.

“Of course we do,” Junhyung replied just as naughtily as Hyunseung had whispered.

Hyunseung smiled lightly and stuck his hand into the bag of bread crumbs, feeling around for any remainder of the crumbs. He took a look at Junhyung’s bag of bread crumbs and noticed that it, too, was empty.

Hyunseung stood up and dusted his jeans off, waiting for Junhyung to get up so that they could dispose of the empty bags and get back to Namsan Tower.

“Tonight, then?” Junhyung questioned, smirk still evident on his face.

“Shut up and let’s go,” Hyunseung ordered, his cheeks burning from embarrassment as he realised what he had said just minutes ago. Junhyung shrugged and followed after his boyfriend, both heading back to Namsan Tower with hands interlaced.

“Love padlocks, here we come!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Holy cow this chapter is 1000 more words than the usual chapter O_O And it was fluffy and god I loved this chapter <3

Who else enjoyed this chapter as much as me? :D Junhyung and Seungie are just too adorable with each other!

Oh oh oh! Shadow is such an awesome song goshhhhhhhh I love it so much ♥

Junhyung is the best composer ever!

Ok this is all from me for now because I shouldn't keep spazzing (is CUBE shipping our OTPs? XD) Annyeong~! ^-^