White Day: KiWoon

You Make Me A Good Man

(A week later)

 

It was White Day already, without any of the six employees even knowing it. They had spent the past three days working as usual, and the four days before that resting. Up till then, Junhyung still had no idea who was targeting one of the employees, because he didn’t like to associate himself with too many people. He never enjoyed being around people anymore, not till a few months back.

At the moment, Doojoon and Hyunseung were patiently waiting for Junhyung to pick them up. Yoseob would be picked up first, so the two couples would meet Dongwoon and Gikwang at Namsan Tower. Dongwoon and Gikwang had their own car and didn’t need Junhyung to pick them up.

Hyunseung was dressed in a plain black tee and jeans, wearing his promise ring from Junhyung and rocking back and forth on his heels. Doojoon was wearing a couple tee that Yoseob was supposed to wear as well, along with jeans and his necklace – another couple item he shared with Yoseob.

It wasn’t long before a familiar car pulled up in front of their apartment block and the two best friends climbed in. They took their usual seats – Hyunseung riding shotgun, Yoseob and Doojoon at the back. Namsan Tower was about forty-five minutes away, hence Hyunseung and Junhyung began to talk about their plans while Doojoon and Yoseob listened to some music.

By the time they arrived, Dongwoon and Gikwang were already sitting at the restaurant were they had planned to meet. The couple had also taken the liberty to order their own food first, earning a scowl from Doojoon and an annoyed huff from Hyunseung.

The other two couples placed their orders as well and waited for the waiter to leave before leaning back in their chairs. “Who wants to share their plans for later?” Yoseob asked. All other five of them looked at him incredulously and shook their heads, causing Yoseob to pout. “I was going to tell you guys what we planned, but I guess I shouldn’t.”

Doojoon could only nod in agreement and squeeze Yoseob’s hand. “Seobie, just keep things to yourself. That way, these guys won’t be able to plan a more fun date,” Doojoon pointed out. Junhyung looked mildly offended by Doojoon’s words.

“What did you mean by ‘these guys’? We have names,” Junhyung said. Doojoon shrugged and Junhyung rolled his eyes in mock annoyance. Hyunseung decided to rest his head on Junhyung’s shoulder to try and calm the younger male down.

When all of their food arrived, Dongwoon and Gikwang had never been gladder to eat their food. According to them, they had been starving since breakfast. They apparently wanted to save their stomach space so that they could eat spontaneously later on. Junhyung had snickered and Yoseob stared at them for their strange logic.

“What time should we meet later on?” Gikwang asked.

“How does 6pm sound? I heard that there will be fireworks or something,” Doojoon replied. Yoseob and Dongwoon’s eyes quite literally lit up at the mention of fireworks, and Doojoon chuckled. “Yes, fireworks. It is White Day, after all,” Doojoon reminded them.

“It’s about 1pm now. That leaves us with five hours or so to do whatever we want. I figured that we can leave Namsan Tower if we want, right?” Dongwoon questioned. Hyunseung raised a brow but shrugged anyway. Dongwoon and Gikwang had been to Namsan Tower one too many times.

The six quickly finished the rest of their lunch and Hyunseung paid, having wanted to treat his friends ever since the time they first went to Pasta Palace together. Nobody declined, but Junhyung secretly leaned in closer to whisper to Hyunseung. “We’re splitting the cost of this meal later.”

Hyunseung narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend, yet he couldn’t deny the flutter of his heart when he heard Junhyung’s words. In fact, the younger male would always make Hyunseung feel no less than the most important person in the world, simply by small gestures like those.

“Let’s go and have fun today!”

 

---------------------

 

Dongwoon and Gikwang had headed off to the car park the moment they had properly split up with the other four. They had plans to go to another mall in the five hours they had, because they had really been to Namsan Tower a lot.

As Gikwang was reversing out of the car park, Dongwoon suddenly laughed. “How many times have we been here already? Fourteen?” Dongwoon questioned, laughing more at that fact. Gikwang gave an amused chuckle as well, completely agreeing with his boyfriend on that.

“I think it’s around there. What do you want to do when we get there?” Gikwang asked. Where ‘there’ was, he refused to mention. Simply put, it was a street with tons of food and random games. The two of them had never been there before in all their dates, and since they happened to have time that day, they figured why not?

Dongwoon started to think and snapped his fingers, grinning at Gikwang.

“How does the arcade sound? I heard that the arcade was popular for its UFO catchers and you know how I love the small little stuffed toys,” Dongwoon suggested. Gikwang nodded with a smile. Of course you’d love UFO catchers. It is kind of how we met, isn’t it now?

Thankfully, the street wasn’t too far from Namsan Tower. In fact, the drive took only around ten minutes if not less. Given that it was White Day, it was expected that the place would be somewhat crowded. Nonetheless, Gikwang managed to find a parking lot in no time and him and Dongwoon got off the car.

Gikwang and Dongwoon automatically held hands, interlacing their fingers and letting them fit together perfectly. Really, it was a wonder how anyone could be that perfect for another. Their characters were completely in line with each other, and they loved each other equally much.

Dongwoon found the arcade in just a few minutes of walking and he started bouncing excitedly when he saw the plushies just waiting to be caught. He was determined to catch at least one plushie, just like every other time he played the UFO catcher. As it was, Dongwoon had over thirty, perhaps even forty, stuffed toys in his closet. But Gikwang didn’t stop him from playing the UFO catcher, because he knew how much the younger loved to play. If he had to be honest, Gikwang quite enjoyed playing the UFO catcher too.

After getting the tokens for the machine, Dongwoon bounded over to one with owls and slotted the token in. Gikwang watched as Dongwoon tried to catch one of the owls, but failed. It wasn’t even a second later that another token was slotted in and Dongwoon tried again.

“Those owls kind of remind me of Kyungsoo,” Gikwang said absentmindedly. Dongwoon was sticking his tongue out in concentration and Gikwang really wanted to kiss that adorable face. He had to restrain himself not because they were in public, but because Dongwoon didn’t need any distractions from him.

“They completely do! That’s why I want to catch these, actually. I didn’t manage to get him a present for his birthday,” Dongwoon pouted, his pout becoming more evident as he failed for the fifth time in a row. Gikwang cracked his knuckles and stepped in, making Dongwoon squeal and slot another token in. Gikwang’s like a miracle worker with these things! It’s no wonder he caught my attention a few years ago.

Three failed tries later, Gikwang finally managed to catch the owl plushie and Dongwoon widened his eyes in awe, never having been able to understand how exactly Gikwang did it. He took the owl plushie into his grasp and gave his shorter boyfriend a thankful kiss.

“Nothing’s too difficult for my baby, right?”

Dongwoon giggled like a high school girl and nodded, already pulling Gikwang into the arcade.

“What do you say if I challenge you to dancing?” Dongwoon asked, spotting the machine not too far away from them. It happened to be unoccupied, too. Actually, there weren’t that many people in the arcade. Just how I like it, Dongwoon grinned. Another reason why Dongwoon was attracted to Gikwang was because of his dancing skills. After seeing Gikwang work miracles at the UFO catcher, Dongwoon continued to watch Gikwang belt out the completely accurate dance moves for almost a half hour without breaks.

Gikwang smirked.

“What do I say? Bring it on.”

 

------------------

 

Almost an hour was over by the time Dongwoon and Gikwang left the arcade. Because they hated losing to each other and they also liked to dance, they spent about half an hour on the machine. Add on the time spent getting to the arcade from Namsan Tower, as well as the time spent on the UFO catcher. “Four hours left,” Dongwoon said, looking at his phone.

Gikwang tightened his grip on Dongwoon’s hand and smiled brightly. “We’ll have the most fun date for sure. Let’s get some cappuccino or frappe. I’m dehydrating,” Gikwang complained. Dongwoon didn’t have to be told twice. He headed to the nearest café and found a seat for two in the corner.

“One iced cappuccino and one java chips,” Dongwoon ordered without even asking Gikwang for his order. They had been together for a good five years by now, and Dongwoon could easily read Gikwang like a book. If Gikwang mentioned two drinks, he would want the first drink that he mentioned. It’d always been that way.

While waiting for their drink, Dongwoon put the owl plushie on the table. “Do you think Kyungsoo will like it? Who knows if Jongin already gave him something like this?” Dongwoon asked worriedly. Gikwang raised a brow. Dongwoonie worries too much sometimes.

“Of course he’ll love it! When has Kyungsoo not loved anything from you? You’re too cute for anyone to resist,” Gikwang cooed, pinching Dongwoon’s cheek as if to prove his point.

He laughed when Dongwoon swatted his hand away, whining “I’m all sweaty and gross!”

“Woonie, I’m kind of sweaty and gross too?” Gikwang reminded the younger. Dongwoon groaned and said that it wasn’t the same thing, earning more laughter from Gikwang. Unknowingly, the edges of Dongwoon’s lips curved up into a smile. He’d been attracted to Gikwang’s laughter, too, as far as he could remember.

Their drinks arrived about five minutes of random talk later, and the couple took their own sweet time to sip on the caffeinated drinks. They had time, because they weren’t exactly planning on shopping or anything. For the most part, they wanted to enjoy each other’s presence because no one knew what could happen in the next day. That was the couple’s personal motto – live today like there is no tomorrow.

“Kwangie, what do you think about the recent break-in?” Dongwoon asked, suddenly steering their conversation to a more serious topic. Gikwang frowned and took a sip from his cappuccino, not exactly knowing how to reply. He didn’t think that it was targeted at Jungsu, for sure. It couldn’t possibly be him or Dongwoon either since they had no enemies.

“I don’t know. It was pretty serious though. I’m kind of worried for Jungsu hyung because he’s getting all stressed up and it isn’t good for him,” Gikwang answered truthfully. He knew how Dongwoon worried, and he knew that if he said any names, his boyfriend would freak. Somehow though, he had a hunch that the robber was targeting Hyunseung and Junhyung. A hunch. It’s nothing more than a stupid hunch… right?

Dongwoon bit on his lower lip and nodded. “He hasn’t been looking too good. I think he should just stay home and leave the things to us,” Dongwoon pointed out. Gikwang let out a sarcastic laugh at that and looked at Dongwoon like his boyfriend was mad.

“Leave things to us? He’d probably worry more! You know what happens when Jungsu hyung isn’t monitoring us,” Gikwang said, wriggling his brows suggestively. Dongwoon blushed and hit Gikwang on the arm in embarrassment.

“Shut up! I was referring to the hyungs!” Dongwoon retorted.

“Sure, Woonie. Sure.”

And then Gikwang was hit again as he chuckled in amusement.

 

---------------------

 

After finishing their drinks, Dongwoon and Gikwang ended up walking around the street. They didn’t have an agenda except to roam and look at whatever caught their interest. The couple never researched on places that they went on dates at. It took away the element of randomness that they both love so much.

“Takoyaki!” Dongwoon exclaimed, pointing at the takoyaki stand in front of them. Gikwang pulled Dongwoon to join the queue and a smile made its way onto his face when he saw how happy Dongwoon looked. This was another thing about Dongwoon. About every month, he would be crazy over a certain country’s food. It repeated from time to time, because Dongwoon’s had his Japan-cuisine-craze at least fifteen times by then.

“What do you want?” Gikwang asked, referring to the takoyaki.

“Squid…?” Dongwoon decided. Gikwang nodded and paid for the Japanese snack, opening his mouth willingly to let Dongwoon feed him. They continued to stroll the street and window-shop as they ate the takoyaki. Out of nowhere, Dongwoon halted and finished the last takoyaki before throwing the bag away. He then dragged Gikwang to one of the neoprints booths nearby.

“We haven’t taken neoprints in ages,” Dongwoon said, sounding somewhat regretful about that. They usually went on breaks in between shifts at the store, leaving their dates short, perhaps around three hours. The only times they would have more time off was when Jungsu would work a shift at the counter, but he rarely did that.

They ended up in all sorts of cheesy positions, with Dongwoon holding the owl plushie up every now and then. There was one pose that was Gikwang’s personal favourite: whenever Dongwoon would rest his head on his shoulder and close his eyes, looking contented and blissful and everything along that line. Dongwoon’s favourite pose was when Gikwang pulled him to his chest and he just snuggled into Gikwang’s warm and comforting scent, even if that pose would mean that his face isn’t captured.

After they finished posing for all the neoprints, they began to edit the neoprints. Naturally, they put the date on each and every neoprint so that they would remember the day when they took it. Dongwoon put flowers all around Gikwang’s head in one of the neoprints, and Gikwang put a tiara on Dongwoon’s head.

“Yah!” the couple shouted in unison, laughing at themselves and brushing it off. Their neoprints would always have random edits all over the place, and that was exactly how they liked it. It showed that they had fun, which they definitely did.

Editing neoprints took longer than expected as usual, and the couple was left with two and a half hours when their neoprints were printed. Once that was done, Dongwoon and Gikwang continued their window-shopping. Again, Dongwoon stopped outside one of the shops and he quickly led Gikwang inside, apparently having spotted something.

“Couple tees?” Gikwang asked when he realised what Dongwoon saw. The younger male nodded excitedly and Gikwang shrugged. “Well, you can never tire of couple tees so why the hell not?” he said, knowing fully well that Dongwoon wanted his agreement to buy the tees.

The second Gikwang saw the couple tees that Dongwoon saw, he melted a little on the inside. ‘You’re the Romeo to my Juliet’, one shirt read, and the other read ‘You’re the Juliet to my Romeo’. Sure, they had bought tons of couple tees over the years, but not many of them had couple quotes like the ones that Dongwoon was holding. With a grin, Gikwang nodded.

“But you’re the Juliet.”

Dongwoon took a moment to think about it and shrugged. It’s true.

 

--------------------

 

“Two more hours,” Gikwang said. “Let’s head back to Namsan and get some ice-cream, shall we?” he suggested. Dongwoon looked around the street, noticing that they were at the end of it before he nodded in agreement.

“But you’re paying,” Dongwoon added seriously before he burst out into laughter. Gikwang laughed along with his boyfriend, enjoying the happiness that Dongwoon radiated. “It’s my turn to pay today, anyway,” Dongwoon mentioned after he stopped laughing. He slid into the front passenger seat and put the shopping bag and plushie at the back. Gikwang got into the driver’s seat and began to head back to Namsan Tower.

When they got back, the couple headed to the ice-cream parlour that they frequented whenever they went there. Gikwang ordered their usual, and then he went to sit down with Dongwoon. As promised, Dongwoon paid for the ice-cream and the couple began to eat while chatting.

Sometime around a half hour later, Doojoon and Yoseob appeared out of nowhere and joined them in indulging in ice-cream. They talked, and talked more, and somehow the topic went back to the robbery just six days prior. It wasn’t that any of them forgot it, but they didn’t want to dwell on the issue when it was clear that the robber had a motive.

“Nothing about this robbery seems good. I don’t want to think about who this guy’s targeting because it seems pretty obvious,” Doojoon said with a sigh. The other three nodded in agreement, each knowing that it couldn’t be themselves.

Another fifteen minutes flew by and Doojoon and Yoseob left to enjoy the rest of their date. Gikwang and Dongwoon waved them off and spent the rest of their time talking. At some point in time, Dongwoon slept on Gikwang’s shoulder. He’d been up the previous night running some errands for his friends. Only when it was time to meet did Gikwang wake Dongwoon up.

“Huh?” Dongwoon asked groggily, rubbing his eyes and yawned. Gikwang pecked Dongwoon on the cheek and smiled bashfully, his smile widening at the shy smile on Dongwoon’s face.

“We should meet up with the others now,” Gikwang informed the younger. Dongwoon seemed to wake up instantly and he jumped up, grabbing onto Gikwang’s hand and all their stuff before running up to the roof. If anyone didn’t know better, they could’ve thought that Dongwoon was mad or something.

“Fireworks, here we come!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't have any idea what I was typing for that last segment, after the 'But you're paying' paragraph ._.

I should be sleeping and this chapter was done in two hours. I'm sorry but I was busy with school and all and ughhhh I still have to move TT I'm really sorry for the slightly late update, even if it's only hours late I'm still terribly sorry ><

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and sorry for the quality :/ Next chapter's gonna be DooSeob's time to shine so look forward to it!

It's 3am now, I have to wake up in 3 hours. I shall go sleep now XD Annyeong! ^^