Revenge?

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(A day later)

 

Hyunseung woke up in Junhyung’s embrace. He snuggled contentedly into the other’s chest and smiled. The previous night had been amazing. It was as if they had been made for each other. Even the way their bodies fit together were perfect and Hyunseung loved that fact. If anything, last night had made Hyunseung love Junhyung even more.

Hyunseung stayed that way for about ten minutes before Junhyung stirred. The younger male yawned and stretched, looking down at Hyunseung fondly. Hyunseung grinned at Junhyung and they shared their first morning kiss before getting up.

The new couple easily located their clothes and decided to take separate showers. It didn’t matter that they’d already had . Hyunseung was still kind of shy and wasn’t exactly ready to shower with Junhyung yet. Besides, who knew what that could lead to? Hyunseung and Junhyung both knew the possibilities and it wasn’t something they wanted to do yet.

After showering and getting dressed, Hyunseung and Junhyung looked at each other. Neither knew what to say to each other after their night together. Hyunseung had a foolish grin on his face and Junhyung was feeling a little awkward. He had never felt so strongly for anyone besides his family before, and they had been gone for so long now. He didn’t really know how to show his love.

Junhyung’s ringtone broke the silence and Junhyung suppressed a groan when he saw the caller ID. He looked at Hyunseung guiltily, not wanting to talk to Hara since he was together with Hyunseung now. But Hyunseung walked over and looked at the caller ID before picking the phone up and answering the call for Junhyung. He put it on speaker mode and they waited for Hara to speak first.

“Oppa? Where have you been? I haven’t seen you in over a week!” Hara asked worriedly. “You didn’t pick up my calls either. Did something happen?”

Hyunseung looked at Junhyung incredulously and the latter shrugged. It wasn’t like he wanted to see Hara, anyway. She was so annoying sometimes, even though he knew that she cared for him. It was sickening to see her try to make him happy because he felt that she deserved so much better. Hara needed someone who actually reciprocated her love, not someone like him.

“I’ve been busy. And Hara, let’s break up,” Junhyung said, as straightforward as usual. The only person he couldn’t be straightforward to, he realised, was Hyunseung. Somehow, he always failed to find the words to say when he was with Hyunseung.

Both Hyunseung and Junhyung heard a sharp intake of breath before Hara replied, her voice trembling. “But why? Did I do anything wrong? We’ve been together for years, oppa. I haven’t done anything to betray you in all these years,” Hara said, sounding like she was going to cry. Hyunseung bit on his lower lip nervously, glancing over at Junhyung. Is he honestly going to tell her over the phone? Hara must be so upset now.

“Hara, I don’t deserve you. And you’ve done nothing wrong. You should have known that I never did love you. I found the person whom I really love. I’m sorry, but I’m sure you’ll find someone better than me,” Junhyung admitted.

“Who is it? Is it Hyunseung oppa?” Hara questioned knowingly. Hyunseung gasped, unable to believe that Hara knew. She had known all along, yet she let Junhyung spend time with me.

Junhyung didn’t want to lie to her. “Yes, it is. I don’t regret it, Hara. I hope you understand,” Junhyung answered truthfully. Hyunseung gaped at his boyfriend. He couldn’t ever have been so honest to anyone because he would never want to hurt others. But he also knew that if Junhyung hadn’t told Hara the truth, she would be more hurt when she found out about their relationship.

There was a long pause and Hyunseung wondered if Hara was still there. She wasn’t crying, that was for sure, because the two of them could still hear her breathing normally. It took some time for Hara to compose herself before she finally replied, “I wish you all the best, oppa.” And she ended the call.

Hyunseung looked at Junhyung. “Do you think she’ll take it well?” Hyunseung asked, concerned for Hara. He knew that she loved Junhyung as much as he did, if not more. It was a pity that her love was unrequited, but that didn’t mean that she would take the breakup well.

“I don’t know, actually. Hara was always bright and cheerful, completely the opposite of me. I told her long ago that we wouldn’t work out, but she insisted that we try. Of course I never felt any sort of attraction to her, not even physically. I think she’ll be fine after crying,” Junhyung said. Hyunseung sighed and nodded, understanding that he wouldn’t be able to help ease her pain.

“I hope she’ll be fine,” Hyunseung muttered. Junhyung agreed, for once feeling bad about hurting someone. Hyunseung had really changed him, and the change was pretty obvious to everyone who knew Junhyung. He hadn’t had a single thought about doing anything illegal since he met Hyunseung, and that in itself was quite amazing.

There was a knock on their room door and both of them turned to look at the source of the sound. Junhyung got up and opened the door, revealing a grinning Gikwang. Junhyung looked at the younger male as if he were mad for being so strangely happy and Gikwang merely walked into the room. He took a single look at the bed and smirked.

“Well someone’s been naughty.”

Hyunseung had never been so embarrassed in his entire life.

 

----------------------

 

The six friends were seated around the table, enjoying breakfast together before they had to head off to work the afternoon shift. It was a good thing that some of Jungsu’s friends were able to cover the morning shift because all six of them had woken up after 10am.

Gikwang stared at Hyunseung and Junhyung, causing Hyunseung to fidget around uncomfortably. Junhyung seemed undisturbed by it as he ate and fed Hyunseung his breakfast. Then Gikwang had to ask one question that made both Hyunseung and Junhyung choke on their food.

“Enlighten me, Hyunseung hyung and Junhyung hyung. How did you have while Hyunseung hyung’s wrist was injured?” Gikwang didn’t seem to feel anything remotely close to embarrassment as he asked that question. He just looked very, very smug.

Yoseob and Doojoon stared at their best friends, wide-eyed and in shock. All of them knew that the two were a couple since they all heard the confession, but they hadn’t expected the two to make such quick progress. Dongwoon was unsurprised though, so they could only guess that Gikwang had informed him about it.

“Can you like, not?” Junhyung asked after he stopped choking. Gikwang shrugged and continued to eat. However, Yoseob and Doojoon were the ones staring at Hyunseung and Junhyung now. By then, Hyunseung couldn’t even concentrate on eating breakfast anymore. He pushed Junhyung’s hand away when the younger male tried to feed him another mouthful of food and looked at the couple.

“What do you want from us?” Hyunseung whined.

“You had after getting together?” Doojoon questioned. Hyunseung huffed and crossed his arms.

“Didn’t you?” he retorted. Junhyung, Gikwang and Dongwoon burst out into laughter. Hyunseung had to take his eyes off his best friend to look at Junhyung. The younger male was really letting his true feelings show. This was the second time that Junhyung had laughed out loud like that since meeting Hyunseung. Before that, he hadn’t laughed since his mother and brother passed away.

“Shut up, hyung,” Yoseob pouted, his face flushed red from shyness. Suddenly, he wished that he hadn’t been so impatient when he got together with Doojoon. If only they waited till nobody was in the staff lounge, then nobody would have known about their get-together . Is this what I get for teasing Doojoonie? Damn.

“Stop teasing us and we’ll stop teasing you. Let’s just eat,” Doojoon decided, not wanting his best friend to probe into his life any further. Hyunseung nodded, agreeing with the truce for the moment. He didn’t need Doojoon finding out more about what happened the night before. Gikwang, however, wasn’t ready to let it go.

“Really though. How did you guys have with that broken wrist?” Gikwang asked, genuinely curious. Dongwoon stifled a laugh and watched Junhyung shoot Gikwang a look. Hyunseung was just trying his best to ignore Gikwang and continue eating.

“I did all the work, ok? Sheesh, stop asking already,” Junhyung rolled his eyes. Hyunseung coughed and looked at his boyfriend incredulously. Junhyung gave Hyunseung a look and the latter just sighed. He did everything. Sure, Junhyung-ah. It’s a good thing you’re just lying to Gikwang.

“Wow. I didn’t expect you to admit that. Ok,” Gikwang accepted the explanation and continued to eat his breakfast. Dongwoon gaped at Junhyung for a few moments before his brain registered what the elder male said. Doojoon and Yoseob stared at their best friends in disbelief but tried not to be too distracted by this.

The entire time, Hyunseung was enjoying the feeling of being fed by Junhyung. He didn’t mind the fact that Junhyung lied, actually. Yes, he was a little upset that Junhyung just stole the credit, no matter how ridiculous it sounded. But it wasn’t as if he wanted the others to know what happened the previous night.

After breakfast, Gikwang brought them to thank Yunho one last time before leaving. And just like before, they were scolded for bowing to him. The six of them left after that. Junhyung drove Yoseob and Doojoon to their respective homes while Hyunseung stayed in the car with him. After all, he still owed Hyunseung a home-cooked lunch.

When Doojoon got off the car, he looked at his best friend quizzically. “Aren’t you getting off?” Doojoon asked. Hyunseung smiled and shook his head, saying that he was heading over to Junhyung’s place. Doojoon shook his head disapprovingly, saying something about how he’s never even been to Yoseob’s place and vice-versa. Hyunseung just laughed and waved to Doojoon as Junhyung drove off.

 

---------------------

 

Once again, Hyunseung found himself in the district where Junhyung lived. This time, there were less people and the neon lights weren’t . It was only in the afternoon and how many people would go to the red-light district in the afternoon?

Junhyung made the turn into the small alleyway and, like the last time, he opened the car door for Hyunseung. Junhyung then let Hyunseung into his house after locking the car. There had been multiple times when someone tried to steal Junhyung’s car and he was never happy about that. Sometimes, he regretted owning a nice car and living in the red-light district.

Hyunseung plopped down on the couch and took another look at the place Junhyung called home. He had always dreamt of building a home of his own with the person he loved. Although Hyunseung couldn’t say that Junhyung was the one whom he knew he wanted to be with forever, he knew that he definitely loved Junhyung more than all the people he’s been with in the past. But the truth was that Hyunseung’s only been with one other person.

Junhyung went to the kitchen to make some drinks for Hyunseung and himself. After doing so, he went to sit beside Hyunseung on the couch. Hyunseung instantly leaned against Junhyung while sipping on the cup of espresso.

“How many people have you been with?” Hyunseung asked, wanting to know as much about Junhyung as possible. He figured that it was a somewhat normal question to ask.

Junhyung looked at Hyunseung. “Besides you, I’ve only been with Hara and I don’t think you can even call that a relationship. I’ve had a number of one-night stands though, I won’t lie to you,” Junhyung admitted. Hyunseung knew that he should have felt insecure because Junhyung’s had one-night stands before and he could be one of them, but he felt even more secure than before.

“I didn’t expect you to tell me that,” Hyunseung said in surprise. He was glad that Junhyung was being honest with him though. That way, he could feel Junhyung’s sincerity. It wasn’t like everyone was willing to admit to their boyfriends that they’d had one-night stands before, especially when they’d just gotten together the night before.

“I guess I really don’t want to hide anything from you,” Junhyung shrugged. “What about you?”

Hyunseung sighed deeply as he recalled his one and only relationship. “Just one ex-boyfriend. He didn’t love me though,” Hyunseung told Junhyung. He honestly regretted giving up so much for Jiyong. He had even gone into depression for a short while after finding out that Jiyong hadn’t actually loved him.

“Who?” Junhyung asked, trying to conceal the jealousy and anger that he felt. Of course it was obvious why he was jealous. As for why he was angry, Junhyung could hear the hurt that Hyunseung tried so hard to hide. He could also feel Hyunseung’s regret.

“Some guy called Kwon Jiyong. He was with another freshman called Choi Seunghyun when he confessed to me,” Hyunseung rolled his eyes. “An , that’s what he is,” Hyunseung scoffed. Junhyung faintly recalled knowing someone who was called Kwon Jiyong. And that’s when it clicked. Jiyong is the adopted son of Park Yoochun and Kim Junsu. Those two owe me their life.

“Do you want to get revenge, Hyunseung-ah?” Junhyung asked. Hyunseung raised his brow, wondering how exactly Junhyung planned to do that. He hadn’t contacted Jiyong ever since the guy showed up with Seunghyun. But Hyunseung was never the type to say no to revenge.

“How?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lol um the revenge seemed a little random? I don't know XD

Anyways. Junnie's gonna reveal what happened to his umma and brother in the next chapter! Look forward to it :D

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter and stay tuned! Annyeong~! ^^