News

You Make Me A Good Man

(A few days later)

 

Three days had passed.

The past three days were agonising, to say the least. Hyunseung would often spend the whole day hoping for some sort of news or instruction from Jaewon, and when there was nothing at the end of the day, he felt another piece of himself break. He wanted Ilhoon back with him. He missed his baby so, so much. He knew Junhyung was hurting, too, more with guilt than anything else, but he couldn’t help but feel that his fiancé would never know how he felt.

The feeling of loss that ate Hyunseung up every day was something that couldn’t be explained with words alone. Hyunseung didn’t eat much, only managing to stomach two mouthfuls of food before losing his appetite, and he hardly slept. He would be kept awake by his own wandering thoughts, and he would wonder if Ilhoon was coping well. His son was brave and strong, that much he knew, but there was only so much that a seven-year-old boy could do to a gang leader.

Junhyung wasn’t faring much better. He was always out, asking all his contacts whether they heard any news of Jaewon kidnapping a kid. His search always turned up with the same results; everybody didn’t know, and they didn’t want to know, what Jaewon had been up to recently. Nobody outside of BeatBurger really wanted to associate themselves with Jaewon, and Junhyung understood why, but it when he was trying to source for information about the man.

It was nine in the morning and Junhyung was up and about, preparing a small breakfast for himself and Hyunseung. The elder was still in bed, probably already awake and simply being in a daze. It really hurt Junhyung to see his fiancé like that, and to know that it was his fault. Hyunseung may have said that he didn’t blame Junhyung, but with every day that passed without news of their son, Junhyung could feel Hyunseung distancing himself.

With a heavy sigh, Junhyung set the bowls of porridge down and went to fetch Hyunseung from their room. He walked in and frowned when, for the first time, Hyunseung wasn’t lying in bed. “Seungie?” Junhyung called out, walking to the bathroom and stopping dead in his tracks. Hyunseung was kneeling over the floor, breathing heavily and clutching tightly onto his stomach. But that wasn’t the cause of Junhyung’s abrupt stop; it was the slowly spreading pool of blood around Hyunseung.

“Junnie,” Hyunseung sobbed. “Bring me to the hospital, please.”

Nodding mutely, Junhyung was already moving to lift Hyunseung into his arms. The movement caused Hyunseung to cry out in pain, and Junhyung felt his heart thudding in his chest. Why did the scene look so familiar to him?

“Hang on. Don’t you dare faint on me, you hear?” Junhyung warned, his voice trembling out of fear. They hadn’t even found any clues about Ilhoon’s whereabouts, and now something was happening to Hyunseung. Junhyung honestly didn’t know how much his heart could handle.

Hyunseung didn’t respond, but he let out a whimper that assured Junhyung slightly. He’d honestly rather have Hyunseung awake and in pain than unconscious, because he couldn’t lose his fiancé. At least, if Hyunseung was awake, Junhyung would know that he wouldn’t lose him. It was a selfish thought, because Hyunseung was probably in a lot of pain, but Junhyung had been through so much throughout his whole life. Why did things keep happening to him?

Deciding that the lift would take too long to go downstairs, Junhyung opted to run down the stairs. His arms ached slightly by the time he made it to the ground floor, but he couldn’t stop. He ran to the car, setting Hyunseung down as gently as possible, buckling the elder in, and quickly drove off. Junhyung dialled Gikwang’s number, hoping to have someone with Hyunseung if he had to leave.

“Junhyung?” Gikwang asked, sounding confused.

Junhyung winced as Hyunseung groaned. “Gikwang, I need someone to go to the hospital. Are you and Dongwoon free?” he questioned, trying his best to keep his eyes on the road. The last thing he wanted to happen now was for him to get into a car accident. Who would look for Ilhoon then?

“I have to leave soon for a filming, but Dongwoon might be able to go over with Minhyuk. Give me a moment,” Gikwang said, and then it was silent for a few seconds. “He said he’ll be fine going over, but not for too long. Call him when you need him.”

“Thank god. Alright, I owe you big time Gikwang,” Junhyung replied gratefully. He didn’t want to leave Hyunseung, but he had to settle things with Jaewon soon, and get his son back before his fiancé got any more depressed.

With that thought in mind, Junhyung sped the rest of the way to the hospital.

 

----------------------------

 

Junhyung collapsed onto one of the waiting chairs outside Hyunseung’s room. The elder’s condition had stabilised, but all Junhyung could think about was what the doctor had said to him. The words swam around in his mind, and it took all of Junhyung’s willpower not to cry right there, in the hospital corridor. He didn’t know if he could handle going into the ward, if he could handle telling Hyunseung what had happened to him. He had wondered why the scene in the bathroom seemed so familiar, and now he had his answer.

Shakily, Junhyung called Dongwoon and waited for the younger to arrive, keeping his face buried in his hands the whole time. It took about a half hour before Dongwoon, with Minhyuk in his arms, was walking over to Junhyung. “Hyung, what happened?” he asked. Doojoon had updated him and Gikwang about what happened three days ago, and it was safe to say that neither of them were expecting Ilhoon to be abducted. But that was three days ago.

“Can you go into the room with me? I don’t want to have to face Seungie alone,” Junhyung requested, his voice breaking. He looked absolutely distraught, and Dongwoon couldn’t imagine what had happened that could’ve been worse than Ilhoon being kidnapped.

Nodding, Dongwoon repeated his question. “What happened?” But Junhyung only shook his head, biting his lip and getting up. Dongwoon was left to frown and follow behind the elder, hoping that Minhyuk wouldn’t wake up if anything happened.

Upon entering the room, Dongwoon saw that Hyunseung was already awake, and was staring at Junhyung accusingly. “I woke up and I didn’t see you. Where were you and what happened to me?” Hyunseung demanded. Dongwoon noticed how Junhyung flinched slightly, and he tried to make himself as unnoticeable as possible. He didn’t really want to get in the middle of their couple quarrel, especially not when they had better things to worry about.

“I was outside, thinking about what the doctor said. He said that… you were four weeks pregnant,” Junhyung mumbled, turning away immediately so that he wouldn’t be able to see Hyunseung’s expression. Dongwoon saw it, though, and his heart broke for his hyung.

Hyunseung took merely a second to process Junhyung’s words, and his heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. “I was?” he asked, his voice barely audible. And then realisation truly dawned on him, and he gasped, brokenly, “Oh my god, was? I lost it?”

Junhyung nodded, his façade all but crumbled away. “You weren’t eating or drinking, and you were under emotional distress, and the foetus couldn’t take it,” he repeated the doctor’s explanation to him, squeezing his eyes shut as Hyunseung whimpered. Junhyung didn’t know how long more he could handle seeing Hyunseung so broken and hurt. This needed to stop now.

“Ilhoon is still lost, and now I lost another baby?” the elder asked in a small voice, more to himself than anyone. He should’ve remembered the excruciating pain from when he almost lost Ilhoon. How could he ever have forgotten that pain? His tears spilled over, and Hyunseung could only cry for the child that he never even got to know.

Junhyung was trying so hard not to cry, but Hyunseung sounded so heartbroken, and with good reason too. Standing up, Junhyung exchanged a glance with Dongwoon. The younger male nodded in understanding, watching as Junhyung left the room with red eyes. He’d seen the tears welling up in his hyung’s eyes, and he knew that Junhyung probably didn’t want to cry in front of him. With a small sigh, Dongwoon found the nearest chair and sat down, holding onto Minhyuk just that little bit tighter and truly realising how lucky he and Gikwang were.

 

------------------------------

 

Junhyung ran back to the car, throwing himself into the driver’s seat and slamming the door shut. He wanted so badly to drive off somewhere to find Ilhoon, but Korea was huge. Where would he even begin looking? Tears of anguish and frustration finally spilled over now that Junhyung was alone, and he let himself cry. He had promised to be a good father to Ilhoon, and what had happened? First the kid hated him, and now he let his son be kidnapped.

Furiously wiping at his eyes, Junhyung drove out of the car park, uncaring of the tears that were still blurring his vision. He was going to look BoA up, ask if she had any new leads. Jaewon had caused his family too much hurt, way more than whatever hurt Junhyung had caused Hara when he broke up with her. The man was crazy, and he needed to go down. Junhyung wouldn’t take any more of his – losing his unborn baby that he didn’t even know about was the last straw.

The drive to BoA’s headquarters took longer than it should have, mainly due to the fact that Junhyung had to pull over a few times, compose himself and wipe the tears away. He felt like someone was holding his heart in a vice grip; it hurt so much to think about all the things that were happening. It seemed like forever before he reached the building that he and Hyunseung had gone to together three days ago, having texted BoA along the way to inform her of his arrival.

Parking the car, Junhyung turned the engine off and stayed in the driver’s seat. He didn’t want to hear that BoA hadn’t found any news – he wanted to hear that she knew exactly where that bastard was keeping Ilhoon, and how to get to the boy. Letting out a groan of frustration, Junhyung got out of the car and went into the building. He was burning with anger and he wanted so badly to take it all out on Jaewon, but how could he do that when he didn’t even know where the man was?

The elevator ride up to BoA’s floor seemed to take an eternity. The clock was ticking, and with every second that passed, Ilhoon was suffering that little bit more. Jaewon could’ve chosen so many people to strike at; it wasn’t as if Junhyung didn’t have other close friends. Did he honestly have to choose a young, totally innocent boy?

As soon as the lift doors opened, Junhyung was striding out and scanning the room for BoA. It didn’t take long for him to find her familiar figure, and suddenly he remembered all the times he’d worked for her. She was only three years older than Junhyung, but how was she so much stronger? She had helped him countless times and he’d always looked up to her for support. Thinking about it now, Junhyung realised how much he truly owed her, and he wondered if he’d ever repay her.

“Junhyung, it’s good to see you. Did anything happen?” she asked.

Nodding, Junhyung told her what had happened, the words tumbling out of him. By the end of his explanation, BoA could only sigh and pat him on the shoulder, telling him that things would get better and that she had news for him. Junhyung perked up almost immediately, and he listened intently as BoA told him what her spies had found out.

When BoA finished talking, Junhyung was smiling eerily. “That’s perfect. Simply perfect.”

 

----------------------------

 

Footsteps resounded throughout the room, and Ilhoon raised his head up, trying to locate the source of the sound. He was tired and hungry, so hungry. His stomach growled almost constantly from the lack of food, and oftentimes he wasn’t even given water. Ilhoon wasn’t sure how many days had passed, but he really missed his umma. Whoever had taken him from his family was going to pay, Ilhoon was sure of it. His appa definitely wouldn’t let this person off lightly.

“Look, the little boy’s hungry isn’t he?” a man mocked, laughing when Ilhoon’s stomach grumbled once more at the thought of food. “Well we have some crumbs here, bits and pieces of leftovers from our lunch. Would you want it?”

Ilhoon bit his lip, not wanting to seem weak but at the same time starving. If there was anything he knew, it was that he shouldn’t be weak and pathetic because he was supposed to grow up and protect his umma like a man. But how could he do that if he starved to death in this stale, cold room that he was imprisoned in?

Nodding weakly, Ilhoon tried to mumble a response. The piece of cloth covering his mouth muffled his words, made it hard for him to breathe. The man in charge of him laughed again, walking over to the boy and pulling the cloth harshly off his face. Ilhoon took in a deep breath, coughing as the musty air entered his lungs.

“Beg me,” the man ordered, a sadistic grin on his face.

“P-please give me food,” Ilhoon choked out, his lips dry and his throat scratchy. “And water, please.”

“Hah! Here’s your stinking food,” the man barked, grabbing whatever leftovers he had and stuffing it into Ilhoon’s mouth. The boy coughed, finding it hard to swallow the food without having some water. Whatever he did manage to swallow hurt his throat, and he could only bite back the pain because he needed food so desperately. “Do you need water, too? Well you can have it!” the man added, uncapping a bottle of water and pouring it right into Ilhoon’s mouth. It was a little more than the boy could handle, but Ilhoon was glad to at least have some liquid in him.

“Thank you,” he muttered softly. The man merely snorted, mumbling something about little boys being stupid and not knowing what was good for them. Then the cloth was back over Ilhoon’s mouth, and he heard the man’s retreating footsteps, slowly becoming softer and softer until he heard them no more.

Sniffling, Ilhoon tried his hardest not to cry. How long more was he going to be alone for?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok I AM BACK PEOPLE but probably not for long lol >< And also I didn't know how to end this chapter so it might've ended weirdly idk

ILHOON IS STILL CAPTURED and well god knows who this man is (it's not Jaewon it's just one of his random men) but this man is some sadistic piece of and will probably be beat up by Junhyung if he has the chance. So yup JUNHYUNG IS GONNA GET HIS AND SEUNG'S BABY BACK!

Also who expected Hyunseung to be pregnant D: Besides iluvcutestuffandidky cuz I gave him a spoiler heh

Hyunseung's probably gonna be scared of giving Ilhoon a younger sibling now oops but trust me it'll happen eventually XD

This story is slowly coming to a close and it's so sad this story is like my baby TT And don't expect a sequel guys it ain't gonna happen

That's all from me for now, and please be patient for the next update hahah I already have an idea of how it's gonna go but it might not be up by next weekend because SS6 IS COMING TO SG AND IMMA HAVE WITHDRAWALS YAYYYY ok bye annyeong~! ^^

P.S. Credits to iluvcutestuffandidky for editing the bathroom scene because he's an annoying and keeps reminding me and I keep forgetting