Sick

You Make Me A Good Man

(Two weeks later)

 

Work had gone on as usual for the six employees, after enjoying their triple date together. Junhyung was still trying to track the robber down, but to no avail. None of the people he had asked knew anything about this mysterious robber, so Junhyung decided that perhaps he should leave things as they were. Besides, he had work to concentrate on and he was planning on getting a diploma in music composition.

It was seven in the morning when Hyunseung received a call from Doojoon. He had slept at Junhyung’s apartment the night before, both having worked three consecutive shifts, and had gotten some private time with his boyfriend. Yoseob had, in turn, slept over at his and Doojoon’s apartment, also getting some alone time together.

Hyunseung rolled over to grab his phone, causing Junhyung to groan and crack an eye open. The elder gave his boyfriend a sheepish grin, silently apologising, and answered the call. “Doojoon?”

“Seung, it’s Seobie. I don’t know why he’s puking and…” Hyunseung didn’t get to finish listening to Doojoon before he was overcome with a sudden wave of nausea. He quickly dropped his phone and clambered out of bed, pushing Junhyung’s restricting arms away from his waist and rushing to the toilet as quickly as he could. He knelt down in front of the toilet bowl and began heaving the contents of his stomach up.

“Seungie? What’s wrong? Doojoon, give me a minute,” Hyunseung heard Junhyung say. Before he knew it, Hyunseung felt Junhyung rub soothing circles on his back. Junhyung placed Hyunseung’s phone on the sink after putting the call on speaker mode.

“Seung? Are you sick, too?” Doojoon asked worriedly. Hyunseung finally stopped retching and flushed the toilet, wiping at his mouth in disgust. He got up to rinse his mouth a few times, grimacing when the taste of vomit lingered in his mouth.

“Yeah. It’s probably something I ate,” Hyunseung replied, pulling Junhyung out of the toilet and grabbing his phone on the way. The two heard some rustling on the other line and waited for Doojoon to say something. Meanwhile, Junhyung went to begin preparing breakfast for him and Hyunseung.

“Hyunseung hyung? I think I ate something bad. Do you think it was the chicken yesterday?” Yoseob asked, sounding horrible even through the phone. Hyunseung frowned as he recalled that, yes, the chicken he ate for dinner last night had tasted slightly off. They had dinner at the eatery down the road, and Hyunseung had been suspicious when the chicken tasted different.

“I agree. Is Doojoon sick too?” Hyunseung asked.

“He isn’t. What about Junhyung hyung?”

“He’s perfectly fine! Their stomachs are probably stronger than ours,” Hyunseung joked, trying to make Yoseob and him feel better. He felt like crap after puking, and his stomach was completely, undeniably, empty at the moment.

Yoseob let out a strangled laugh. “Probably. I’m going back to sleep and see if this will get better,” Yoseob informed the elder. Hyunseung nodded although he knew that Yoseob couldn’t see him.

“Eat something first. Go see the doctor if you still feel sick later, ok? Bye Seobie,” Hyunseung said, hanging up and lying down on the couch, staring at the time. It was only a quarter past seven, and Hyunseung wasn’t going to work till one in the afternoon.

“Junnie, should we head to work earlier to help Gikwang and Dongwoon and Doojoon out?” Hyunseung suggested, flipping over to lie on his stomach so that he could see Junhyung properly. Junhyung stopped frying the scrambled egg and turned to give Hyunseung an incredulous look.

“Seungie, you just puked your guts out and you expect me to let you work more? No.”

With that, Junhyung turned back to continue cooking breakfast. Hyunseung huffed and went to wash up, plotting various ways to force Junhyung to give in. It didn’t take much thinking though, because Hyunseung knew which buttons to push. As he was brushing his teeth, he gave the toilet bowl a deadly glare.

Puking is disgusting. It’s no wonder I hate puking.

Hyunseung spat into the sink and sighed, giving the toilet bowl one last distasteful look before going out and sitting at the dining table. Junhyung had just finished making breakfast and set the two plates down on the table, pecking Hyunseung on the forehead before excusing himself to wash up.

Hyunseung took one whiff of the scrambled egg and made a face before running to the kitchen sink and puking once more.

 

-------------------

 

Junhyung blinked in surprise when he heard Hyunseung puking again. He hurriedly spat the toothpaste out of his mouth and gurgled a couple times before running out, only to see Hyunseung vomiting into the sink.

He repeated his earlier actions, not being too bothered by the sight of puke since he’d always cleaned up after his useless excuse of a father. “Seungie, I think you should see a doctor,” Junhyung said, feeling very worried for his sick boyfriend. Hyunseung shook his head and rinsed out his mouth again, turning to look at Junhyung with a pout.

“I hate the doctor!” he whined. “Oh, and I don’t feel like eating scrambled egg. The smell turns me off,” Hyunseung added, wrinkling his nose while pointing to the scrambled egg. As confused as Junhyung was, he agreed and covered the scrambled egg with a plate. He brought Hyunseung over to sit on the couch and Hyunseung flopped down onto the couch, letting out a groan while rubbing his temples.

“Seungie, I really think you should pay a visit to the doctor,” Junhyung repeated.

Hyunseung shook his head adamantly. “Seobie was sick too, and he agreed that the chicken tasted off last night. It’ll pass in a few days,” Hyunseung replied, waving the matter off. Junhyung frowned in disapproval but said nothing else.

“What do you want to eat?” Junhyung asked.

“How does ramen sound?” Hyunseung suggested. “But we should pick Seobie up first!”

Junhyung gave his sick boyfriend a look, sighing in resignation and nodding in reply to the other’s suggestion. Seungie’s sick, so I should let him do what he wants, Junhyung decided. It’s only for today, and he’ll be all better tomorrow.

“Let me just eat some of that egg, alright? Or I can at least pack it up,” Junhyung said. Hyunseung smiled sweetly and nodded, making Junhyung wonder why his boyfriend was being so bipolar all of a sudden. First, he was sick, then he was in pain, then he was happy-go-lucky, and then suddenly he was all hyper and sweet.

Junhyung ate as much egg as he could and packed the rest in an airtight container. After putting the container in a bag, he and Hyunseung headed off to Doojoon and Hyunseung’s apartment.

It didn’t take too long for them to get to the apartment, merely twenty or so minutes. Hyunseung knew that Doojoon had already left to work, which was why Yoseob had even gone back to sleep in the first place. At that thought, Hyunseung gasped.

“Is something wrong?” Junhyung asked.

Hyunseung bit his lip sheepishly. “Seobie’s asleep now, and I don’t want to wake him up.”

Junhyung took a deep breath and nodded. “Let’s just wait then, shall we?”

“But I’m hungry!” Hyunseung whined.

“So should we wake Seob up, or not?” Junhyung asked exasperatedly.

Hyunseung furrowed his brows in thought before getting off the car, grabbing his house keys along the way. Junhyung thanked god that he had patience, or else he would have shouted at Hyunseung by then, and followed the elder into the house after locking the car doors.

Hyunseung let him and Junhyung into the apartment, the elder frowning when he heard groaning from what appeared to be the toilet. Seobie’s still sick? He immediately made his way to the toilet to find Yoseob leaning against the wall, looking a lot sicker than Hyunseung was.

“Seobie, you should see a doctor,” Hyunseung chided right away, helping Yoseob up since it seemed that the younger didn’t even have the strength to open his eyes. Yoseob shook his head and weakly pushed Hyunseung away, stumbling and nearly falling had Junhyung not caught him.

“Yang Yoseob, you really need to see a doctor,” Junhyung stated, half-carrying his best friend to the best after he rinsed his mouth. Yoseob shook his head just as Hyunseung had, when Junhyung suggested that he see a doctor. “Stubborn,” Junhyung muttered under his breath, referring to both Hyunseung and Yoseob.

“But Seobie, you look like you’re going to pass out any moment!” Hyunseung retorted. Junhyung could only gape at his boyfriend. I don’t see you saying that about yourself!

“No…” Yoseob groaned, turning to his side and pulling the covers above his head. He really, really felt like dying. All he wanted to do was go back to sleep, but that was impossible since he woke up to puke two times since an hour ago.

Hyunseung gave Junhyung a worried look.

“I’m calling Doojoon.”

 

--------------------

 

Doojoon frowned when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, grateful that his lane had only one customer left to serve. It was almost ten and most people were either in school or at work. After quickly serving the customer, Doojoon excused himself to answer the call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Doojoon, Junhyung will take over your shift. Come and take care of Seobie,” Hyunseung ordered.

“Wait, Seobie’s still sick? Wasn’t he sleeping?” Doojoon asked, brows creased in worry. It wasn’t a pleasant surprise to wake up to the sound of your boyfriend retching. But Yoseob had told him that he was going back to sleep, so Doojoon didn’t overthink things. After all, Yoseob had assured him that he would be fine. Well, clearly he isn’t.

“He was awake just a few minutes ago. I’m at home now, and Seobie’s fallen asleep, but there’s no promising that he won’t start puking again. You might want to pick up some sour plum for him before getting back, to hold the vomit down,” Hyunseung suggested.

“Definitely. I’ll bring some for you too,” Doojoon decided. “I’ll see you in a few, then?”

Hyunseung hummed his reply and Doojoon thanked his best friend before hanging up. Although he and Hyunseung argued over really small things, Doojoon knew that Hyunseung would always have his back. It was times like these that he was glad to have Hyunseung as a best friend.

Doojoon knocked on Jungsu’s office door. “Hyung?”

“Come in,” Jungsu replied.

Doojoon walked into the office and sighed. “I might have to head back early. Seobie’s sick and I need to take care of him. He probably won’t be here for work today, but Junhyung’s covering my shift and Hyunseung’s covering for Seobie,” Doojoon informed the manager.

Jungsu had taken one entire week off work to rest properly and he was back, better than before. The manager glanced up from the logistics report he was going over, worry written all over his features. “What’re you waiting for? Tell Junhyung it’s fine. I’m sure Dongwoon and Gikwang can handle this shift on their own,” Jungsu said. Doojoon bowed and thanked Jungsu.

“Thanks, hyung!”

Doojoon hurriedly changed out of his uniform, grabbing two packs of sour plum on his way out and hastily paying for them. Gikwang had given Doojoon a questioning look, to which the elder replied, “Seobie and Seung aren’t feeling too good.”

Gikwang widened his eyes. “What happened?”

“They said it was the chicken last night, but Jinki’s chicken tasted the same as always,” Doojoon replied with a frown. Gikwang nodded in agreement and poked Dongwoon in the side.

“Did yesterday’s dinner taste off?” Gikwang asked.

“It was the same as usual. Why?” Dongwoon questioned.

“Seobie and Seung are sick. They suspect it was because of dinner,” Doojoon repeated.

“Tell them that we said ‘get well soon’!” Gikwang said. Doojoon nodded and Dongwoon gave Doojoon a fist pump, to which the elder smiled before he snatched the plastic bag containing the sour plum from the counter.

Doojoon nearly ran back to the apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And thus, my favourite part appears :D

Who knows what's going on? :)

So things are gonna get fluffy from here, but angst will come in again (because I'm horrible that way) and for this fic, I'm really just focusing on JunSeung and some DooSeob. KiWoon shippers, I'm sorry but the two of them don't really get their time to shine in here ><

I hope you guys enjoyed this and, well, look forward to the next~ Annyeong! ^^

P.S. I realised that I used Sunggyu in two places, so I changed it XD For those who noticed, you should have told me! XD

P.P.S. What was with the lack of comments last week? o.O Did the double update shock you guys too much or something? XD