Breakfast, Denial, and Annoyance

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung skipped along the streets beside Youngwoon and Jungsu, a smile never leaving his face. He was proud of himself for giving Doojoon and Yoseob some time to interact. With some luck, his horribly oblivious best friend might actually realise that what he felt for Yoseob was love, or at least infatuation.

“What’s gotten you into this happy mood?” Youngwoon asked, chuckling at how upbeat the younger male was right then. Jungsu just smiled, knowing what Hyunseung had done to Doojoon just minutes ago. Hyunseung grinned at his manager’s fiancé.

“You wouldn’t know about it, Youngwoon hyung. Leave it to Jungsu hyung to explain it to you later. Let’s get some food!” Hyunseung exclaimed, already beginning to feel a little hungry despite having eaten a heavy breakfast less than two hours ago.

Jungsu nodded, with the same enthusiasm that Hyunseung had, and Youngwoon could only chuckle again before the trio headed towards Jungsu’s favourite café. Someone had to have some sense, and it definitely wasn’t going to be the two childish males with Youngwoon.

Before long, the three of them arrived in front of Konkuk University Station and Hyunseung raised a brow. Were they going to have their breakfast in Konkuk University? But that’s where Hyunseung used to study!

Jungsu, upon noticing Hyunseung’s confusion and slight distress, nudged the younger male. Hyunseung turned to look at Jungsu who was already walking away with Youngwoon, and he fastened his pace to catch up to them. Hyunseung didn’t say anything for the next few minutes until the couple stopped in front of a café. The signboard read ‘Mouse Rabbit Coffee’, and the trio walked in to the relatively packed café.

“Jongwoon!” Jungsu called out. The man named Jongwoon turned around and waved to Jungsu and Youngwoon, beckoning them over to him. Of course the couple walked towards their friend, and Hyunseung hurried behind them.

“Who’s he?” Jongwoon asked, pointing at Hyunseung.

“I’m Jang Hyunseung, an employee working under Jungsu hyung,” Hyunseung introduced, bowing to the man standing behind the counter. Jongwoon smiled warmly at Hyunseung and shook the younger male’s hand in a friendly gesture.

“I’m Jongwoon, the owner of this café and a good friend of these two. You guys know where to go, right?” Jongwoon asked, eyeing Jungsu and Youngwoon. Jungsu rolled his eyes at his friend and nodded, pulling Hyunseung to the back with him and Youngwoon. Hyunseung had wanted to question his manager about where they were headed, but changed his mind when they arrived in a small private room that held three other people.

“Jungsu hyung! Youngwoon hyung!” two of them exclaimed. The last male was focused on his laptop, his fingers moving between the keyboard and mouse to type frantically and click on things. One of them poked the guy who was using the laptop and glared at him, making the latter smile sheepishly and stop whatever he had been doing.

“Good morning hyungs. Who’s your friend?” the guy asked, pointing at Hyunseung. The other two males focused their attention onto him as well, not having noticed him previously.

“This is Hyunseung, one of my employees. That’s Kyuhyun, over there with the laptop. The guy next to him is Sungmin, his boyfriend. The last guy is Ryeowook, Jongwoon’s boyfriend,” Jungsu introduced. Hyunseung bowed to all three and greeted them formally, knowing that they were probably all older than him.

“Why are you guys here today?” Ryeowook asked, raising a brow. Youngwoon shrugged.

“I’m only needed at work at noon, and Jungsu was hungry. Hyunseung just tagged along since he was hungry too,” Youngwoon explained nonchalantly, pulling out a chair for Jungsu before seating himself beside the elder male. Hyunseung looked around the room awkwardly, deciding to place himself beside Ryeowook. He didn’t exactly fancy the idea of being a er.

“What do you want for breakfast, Hyunseung?” Ryeowook asked with a smile as he handed a copy of the menu to Hyunseung. Hyunseung was beginning to like Ryeowook already. He took the menu from Ryeowook, mumbling a thank you to the elder male before flipping through the beverages. Hyunseung felt his lips curve up into a smile as he spotted the words ‘orange juice’, but he changed his mind and decided to try something new.

“Hmm… one hot mint mocha and a burrito, as well as a few cookies,” Hyunseung told Ryeowook who nodded, taking the menu back from Hyunseung as he left to get Hyunseung’s order. Jungsu and Youngwoon were bickering over what Jungsu should drink, since the pregnant man couldn’t have any caffeine. In the end, Jungsu pouted and let Youngwoon get a glass of citron tea for him.

Hyunseung sat in his seat, looking around the private room as he kicked his legs around in the air. After a few minutes, Ryeowook returned with a tray, setting it down on the table and telling Hyunseung to dig in. Hyunseung did as told and damn was he glad that he had chosen to drink something other than orange juice.

 

---------------------------

 

“Thanks for the food, Jongwoon hyung and Ryeowook hyung!” Hyunseung exclaimed, waving to the couple who bid Jungsu, Youngwoon and Hyunseung goodbye for the day. The trio then headed back to the convenience store, slightly worried about the current state of the store.

Within a half hour, they were back in the store and Jungsu heaved a sigh of relief when he saw all four employees at the counters, sitting in their chairs since there were no customers as of then. Hyunseung smirked slightly when he saw the way that Doojoon was staring at Yoseob’s back. After all, Hyunseung was still in that stage where you didn’t know how to approach your feelings as well.

“We brought back some bagels and lemonade, for those who want it. But we only have two cups of lemonade so share!” Jungsu informed them, handing the food out, mentally giving himself a pat on the back. He had explained Doojoon’s situation to Youngwoon and the muscular male laughed at the expense of Doojoon, and they came up with the plan together. Hyunseung had pitched in, too.

Doojoon looked at Jungsu in horror, and then he glared at the smirking Hyunseung.

The little bastard…

Doojoon growled, catching the attention of Yoseob.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Yoseob asked worriedly. Doojoon felt his cheeks burn and his anger dissipated immediately, all thoughts of murdering Hyunseung vanishing into thin air. Doojoon nodded, wanting to slap himself for acting like a teenage girl with her crush. “You look flushed. Are you sure you’re alright?” Yoseob asked unsurely, getting off his chair and standing in front of Doojoon. Doojoon gulped, feeling his heartbeat quicken as Yoseob put a hand onto his forehead.

“Hyung, your forehead feels warm. You should probably go take a rest. Drink some water to hydrate yourself,” Yoseob suggested, searching around for a bottle of water. When he saw that Doojoon didn’t have a bottle, Yoseob grabbed his own from under the counter and handed it to Doojoon. Doojoon made no move to take the bottle from Yoseob, so the baby-faced male sighed and forcefully shoved it into Doojoon’s hand and made him drink.

I’m indirectly kissing Yoseob. Oh, god, I’m indirectly kissing Yoseob! I AM INDIRECTLY KISSING YANG YOSEOB! OH MY GOSH! Wait, why am I so excited?

Doojoon had a mini fangirl session in his head before handing the bottle back to Yoseob. He wasn’t particularly good with words, so he walked out from behind the counter and hugged the shorter male in gratitude. He hadn’t realised what he was doing until Yoseob began to push him away, shoving at his chest in a futile attempt to get out of Doojoon’s embrace.

“Sorry!” Doojoon apologised, releasing Yoseob immediately. The younger male had become red as a tomato, and he ran off into the staff lounge as quickly as possible. Yoseob shut the door to the staff lounge, placing his hand over his left chest. His heart was beating crazily and he felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Was this the effect of Doojoon’s hug?

What the heck am I feeling now? Yoseob wondered, not understanding his feelings a single bit.

Outside the staff lounge, Hyunseung was laughing hysterically at Doojoon’s expression. His best friend looked shocked, not really comprehending the situation. It took moments before Doojoon finally snapped back to reality and he glanced around the room.

“Did I just hug Yoseob?” Doojoon asked, blinking innocently. Hyunseung nodded, smirking as he walked up to his best friend and throwing an arm around the elder’s shoulder.

“You’re making good progress, my friend! I can’t believe I’m progressing so slowly!” Hyunseung sighed, shaking his head disapprovingly. How did Doojoon manage to get so chummy with Yoseob just in a single day? Even if they worked together, it just didn’t make sense. It had been almost a week since Hyunseung first met Junhyung, and all he’s managed to do was bruise the latter’s forehead. Subconsciously, Hyunseung touched his forehead where a bruise had formed and a smile crept its way onto his face. Hyunseung was in way too deep, and it had only been a week.

“Stop meddling in my affairs,” Doojoon snapped, shrugging Hyunseung’s arm off his shoulder before he returned to his spot behind the counter. Hyunseung chuckled and walked over to KiWoon. The couple had been watching Doojoon and Yoseob as well and were still talking about it.

“Doojoon hyung likes Yoseob hyung doesn’t he?” Dongwoon asked. Hyunseung grinned and nodded. It was so obvious to everyone, honestly, but Doojoon was kind of in denial.

“How about you, hyung?” Gikwang asked suggestively. Hyunseung glared at Gikwang, his mood changing completely in the course of a few seconds.

“What about me?”

“Didn’t you like someone? How’s that going?” Gikwang asked.

“Shut it.”

“But hyung…” Gikwang whined. Being the busybody he was, he wanted to find out every single detail about Hyunseung’s crush. “Who do you like?”

At that moment, Junhyung and Hara were spotted outside the store. Hyunseung bit his lower lip as he felt his heart pound harder. Hyunseung saw the red bruise that marred Junhyung’s skin and he felt guilty instantly. He hadn’t been planning on injuring the other man. He’d just wanted to get his revenge and he wasn’t exactly thinking straight.

Gikwang and Dongwoon followed Hyunseung’s gaze and they looked at Junhyung.

“So that’s the guy.”

Hyunseung whipped his head around and faced Gikwang, whacking the younger male on the arm multiple times. He gave Gikwang a look that made the younger male know that he had to really shut it or Hyunseung would have his head.

Junhyung walked in with Hara’s hand in his, and he smirked at Hyunseung.

Hyunseung took a look at their intertwined hands and felt his heart break a little.

How am I going to compete with her for Junhyung?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly, the entire first half of this chapter is just for my SJ feels since YeWook is one of my OTPs and it was just fun to write XD

Let's see... Well, I'm trying to make DooSeob progress more since it's more fun if they're together before JunSeung :D But I'll try not to sidetrack next chapter and focus on DooSeob/JunSeung :)

I don't have much to say today so... I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one! Annyeong! ^^