Dinner

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung woke up with a start when someone poked him, and he nearly screamed when he saw Doojoon’s face hovering above his. The worst part was that Doojoon was smiling at him like a e, and it was all Hyunseung could do to hold himself back from punching his best friend.

Hyunseung sat up and groaned when all the blood suddenly rushed to his head. His vision was blurred for a few moments, and Hyunseung glared at Doojoon once his vision cleared.

“Yoon Doojoon! Can you stop scaring me when you wake me up?” Hyunseung screeched. Doojoon winced at how loud his friend was. Hyunseung continued to glare at Doojoon even as the elder male nodded slightly. Sighing, Hyunseung rolled his eyes and got up, stretching and rubbing his eyes.

“We should get going in ten minutes or so. What happened to you?” Doojoon asked worriedly. Hyunseung looked at his cast and smiled lightly at the memory of Junhyung signing it. He shook his thoughts away and explained what happened. Hyunseung conveniently left out the part where he had been looking for Junhyung.

By the end of the story, Doojoon was gaping at Hyunseung in shock. His impression of Junhyung had been that of an ice prince, someone who was cold to nearly everyone but his closest friends. The person Hyunseung had described was caring and nice, completely different from the Junhyung that Doojoon knew.

“So he paid for your medical bills?” Doojoon confirmed. Hyunseung nodded, slightly annoyed by how his friend refused to believe him.

Is it so hard to believe that Junhyung offered to pay the bills? After all, it was because of him that I was injured. Doojoon is just being stupid.

Hyunseung sighed and made his way out of the office and staff lounge, Doojoon trailing behind him all the way. Hyunseung smelt something then, and he whirled around to point an accusing finger at Doojoon. It was only then that he realised that Doojoon was still in his jersey. Hyunseung pinched his nose tightly and scrunched his face up in disgust.

“Doojoon, you didn’t bathe?” Hyunseung questioned. Doojoon shrugged and Hyunseung deadpanned for a few moments. He snapped back to reality and slowly backed away from Doojoon, walking over to one of the aisles to grab a bottle of deodorant spray.

“Use this. Go!” Hyunseung attempted to push Doojoon into the staff lounge, but his left hand wasn’t strong enough and his right wrist hurt even when he exerted the smallest of pressures on it. He gave up and settled for kicking Doojoon’s , and the soccer player gave in. Hyunseung heaved a huge sigh of relief when the stench of Doojoon’s sweat dissipated, and he walked over to Yoseob.

“Hey, Seobie,” Hyunseung said. Yoseob smiled brightly and waved at Hyunseung.

“Hi hyung! Where are we having dinner?” Yoseob asked excitedly. He was quite literally bouncing on the spot, and anybody would have found the scene adorable. Hyunseung pinched Yoseob’s cheek as he squealed and Yoseob pouted at the elder male.

“Hyunseung hyung…” Yoseob whined. Hyunseung chuckled, deciding not to fanboy over Yoseob for the moment. He could do it at a later date.

“We’re eating at Pasta Palace! It’s the famous Italian restaurant about five minutes from here,” Hyunseung replied. When Yoseob merely looked at him in confusion, Hyunseung gasped dramatically. “You don’t know what Pasta Palace is?!”

Yoseob shook his head, tilting it to the side as he stared at Hyunseung. “What is Pasta Palace?”

Hyunseung felt like fainting there and then.

How could anybody not know the perfectness of Pasta Palace?

“Seobie-yah, you haven’t lived life. Pasta Palace serves the best kimchi spaghetti ever! You have to try it!” Hyunseung exclaimed, horrified that there were actually people who didn’t know of Pasta Palace’s existence.

“Really? I’ll eat that then!” Yoseob decided immediately. Hyunseung nodded with a stern expression on his face. Yoseob was slightly intimidated by Hyunseung for the first time ever, and he shrank back under Hyunseung’s fierce gaze.

Hyunseung hyung must feel very strongly about Pasta Palace… Yoseob thought, feeling a shudder run up his spine. Hyunseung was being really scary and it freaked Yoseob out.

Hyunseung, on the other hand, was secretly laughing in his mind. He had successfully scared Yoseob, and he barely had to try. But it was true that Hyunseung thought highly of Pasta Palace’s kimchi spaghetti. It was the best that he had ever eaten in his entire life.

After seeing how scared Yoseob was, Hyunseung walked over to Junhyung in satisfaction.

Junhyung looked up as he saw Hyunseung approach him and he gulped slightly. He had no idea how to face Hyunseung since he realised that he felt something for Hyunseung. Junhyung wasn’t quite sure what it was though.

I just know that it isn’t love.

Junhyung forced a small smile at Hyunseung who returned the gesture, leaning against the counter lazily. Junhyung found himself watching Hyunseung run a hand through his hair, and he realised just how perfect Hyunseung’s hair looked.

“Where are we eating?” Junhyung asked, trying to sound nonchalant. Hyunseung grinned.

“Pasta Palace!” Hyunseung chirped in reply. Junhyung widened his eyes, momentarily forgetting about Hyunseung and his perfect hair.

“Pasta Palace?” Junhyung repeated, his throat suddenly going dry. He had robbed the restaurant before, and he was sure the owner of the restaurant could recognise him. He honestly wanted to join the others for dinner, and he couldn’t afford to get caught while doing so.

“Yeah. Is there something wrong?” Hyunseung questioned worriedly. Junhyung nodded, barely noticeable. Hyunseung felt his heart stop as Junhyung suddenly pulled him close, whispering into his ear. Hyunseung shuddered as Junhyung’s warm breath tickled his ear.

“I robbed them before,” Junhyung whispered softly. Hyunseung immediately pulled away and stared at Junhyung in shock. Junhyung looked back at Hyunseung, seeming genuinely upset.

“You WHAT?”

 

---------------------------

 

Hyunseung groaned as he literally dragged Junhyung to Pasta Palace with him, the other four following behind them. It was bad enough that Hyunseung could only use his left hand. Junhyung simply refused to move, and if not for the fact that it was annoyingly childish, Hyunseung would have thought that Junhyung was cute.

“I don’t want to go!” Junhyung protested, for the nth time that day. Hyunseung rolled his eyes and continued to pull Junhyung along. The robber was being unusually childish and it amused Hyunseung to no end. Of course Hyunseung felt that Junhyung was adorable when he acted that way, but he wasn’t going to admit that to anyone.

A few more minutes passed and the six arrived in front of Pasta Palace. Hyunseung had eaten there with Doojoon, Gikwang and Dongwoon a couple of times before, and they always ordered the same thing: kimchi spaghetti. Therefore, Hyunseung took it upon himself to order kimchi spaghetti for Junhyung and Yoseob as well, regardless of what they wanted.

Junhyung was pushed into the restaurant by his best friend and Hyunseung. He took a deep breath to calm himself, but his façade crumbled away as he saw the owner of the restaurant walking towards him. Kim Joonmyun.

Joonmyun came to a stop in front of Hyunseung and his friends, arms crossed over his chest angrily. Joonmyun tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for Hyunseung to explain why Junhyung was in his restaurant. Hyunseung sighed and pulled Joonmyun to the side, not wanting Gikwang and Dongwoon to find out that Junhyung was the robber.

“What’s he doing here?” Joonmyun hissed. Hyunseung scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

“Well, he’s eating with us. He won’t rob you this time, I promise! In fact, I’m trying to get him to change for the better, and it seems to be working,” Hyunseung assured. Joonmyun narrowed his eyes at Hyunseung, and his gaze softened when he saw that Hyunseung spoke the truth.

“Just keep him away from Yixing and Baekhyun. Chanyeol and I will kill you if anything happens to them,” Joonmyun warned sternly. Hyunseung nodded immediately, understanding why Joonmyun and Chanyeol were so protective of Yixing and Baekhyun. After all, the two of them were quite heavily pregnant.

“I will, don’t worry,” Hyunseung promised. He had known Joonmyun ever since high school and knew that Joonmyun was a man of his word. Besides, Junhyung didn’t have to hurt Baekhyun and Yixing even if he wanted to rob the restaurant.

Joonmyun nodded, pointing at the usual table where Hyunseung sat at. “I’ll bring your food now.”

Hyunseung heaved a sigh of relief, glad that Joonmyun hadn’t chased them out. He thanked Joonmyun and headed back to his friends, leading them over to the table and sitting down. The waiter, Zitao, walked over and took their order for their drinks. He left after having a short conversation with Hyunseung.

“What did Joonmyun tell you?” Gikwang asked curiously. Hyunseung shrugged.

“He was just asking who Seobie and Junhyung were. I didn’t want the two of them to feel awkward, so I pulled him to the side,” Hyunseung lied. From the corner of his eye, he saw Junhyung sag in relief and Hyunseung mentally cheered in victory.

Junhyung’s becoming better! At least he doesn’t want Joonmyun to kick him out. That’s a start!

Another waiter brought their drinks to them. His nametag read ‘Luhan’, and Hyunseung frowned. Why is Luhan working already?

“Lulu, why aren’t you resting at home?” Hyunseung questioned. Luhan smiled at the elder male sheepishly. Suddenly, the other five had their eyes on Luhan and the pretty male felt pressurised.

“Sehunnie wanted me to stay at home to take care of the twins, but I didn’t want to. My umma is at home now, helping to take care of Jonghan and Jonghun. I feel fine anyway,” Luhan explained. Hyunseung scoffed at Luhan’s answer.

“Sure. That’s why you look so pale. Where is Sehun anyway?” Hyunseung questioned. Luhan shrugged, looking around the restaurant to find his husband. He waved to the blonde male and Sehun made his way over to the group.

“Hey hyungs,” Sehun greeted. He eyed Yoseob and Junhyung curiously. “And you are?”

“I’m Yoseob and this is Junhyung! Nice to meet you, Sehun-sshi,” Yoseob introduced. Hyunseung chuckled, resisting the urge to face palm. Yoseob gave Hyunseung a weird look.

“Sehun’s younger than you by four whole years, Seobie. Why so formal?” Hyunseung asked.

“That means that he’s older than me!” Luhan exclaimed in surprise. He wasn’t used to people older than him looking younger than him. Luhan was well-known for his baby face, but Yoseob looked more like a kid than Luhan.

“Yes, Luhan. Now go rest and give us our drinks,” Dongwoon instructed. Sehun raised a brow and turned to look at his wife/husband. He noticed the lack of colour on Luhan’s cheeks and handed the drinks to the group before ushering Luhan to the kitchen.

It didn’t take long for their kimchi spaghetti to arrive. Hyunseung had ordered it when he made the reservation. Interestingly enough, Kyungsoo, the head chef, was the one serving the spaghetti to them. Kyungsoo wasn’t the type to do things manually during peak hours.

The chef exchanged a few greetings with Hyunseung, Doojoon, Gikwang and Dongwoon, and was introduced to Yoseob and Junhyung. Kyungsoo then apologised for having to get back to work, and he rushed into the kitchen.

Hyunseung and Doojoon immediately began to eat, savouring the perfection that was Kyungsoo’s kimchi spaghetti. Hyunseung had some minor difficulties eating with his left hand, but he managed.

 Gikwang and Dongwoon were slightly more civilised, eating properly without dirtying their mouths too much. Yoseob eyed the kimchi spaghetti that was giving off an amazing aroma, and he quickly took a bite. He instantly understood why Hyunseung thought so highly of the kimchi spaghetti, and Yoseob began to eat as well.

Lastly, Junhyung took a tentative bite of his kimchi spaghetti. He chewed it slowly, not wanting to eat too quickly. After all, good food should be enjoyed slowly.

Junhyung was halfway done with his spaghetti when he noticed Hyunseung’s plate that was still three-quarters full. Hyunseung had his brows furrowed in concentration as he tried his best to twirl spaghetti around the fork with his left hand. Sadly, his left hand was quite useless to him and the spaghetti fell from the fork. Hyunseung pouted, and Junhyung felt himself melt a little inside.

Trying to be inconspicuous, Junhyung took the fork from Hyunseung’s hand and began to twirl some spaghetti around it. He slowly handed it back to Hyunseung who was grinning from ear to ear. Junhyung felt his cheeks burn slightly, but he ignored it and focused his attention on his food.

For the rest of the meal, Junhyung helped Hyunseung to twirl spaghetti around his fork, and Hyunseung could only smile at Junhyung’s thoughtfulness. Even Doojoon hadn’t bothered about him, and the said man was supposed to be Hyunseung’s best friend.

They left Pasta Palace after eating, and Hyunseung offered to foot the bill. That suggestion had been strongly objected to, and KiWoon paid for the meal instead. They claimed that Hyunseung could treat them when his wrist recovered.

It took them ten minutes to return to the store where they continued working. Hyunseung didn’t have to stay, and so Junhyung brought the elder male back. Doojoon had winked suggestively at Hyunseung, KiWoon told him to have fun, and Yoseob reminded them to be careful.

On the way back, Hyunseung fell asleep and his head landed on Junhyung’s shoulder. Had it been any other person, even Hara and Yoseob, Junhyung would have pushed him away. However, Junhyung couldn’t find it in himself to deny Hyunseung his rest, so he let Hyunseung stay there.

One way or another, Junhyung had fallen asleep in his car as well, his head resting on top of Hyunseung’s and his arm instinctively wrapping itself around Hyunseung’s waist.

Hyunseung woke up once, in the middle of the night. He glanced around the car, looked up to see Junhyung sleeping. Hyunseung smiled and snuggled closer to Junhyung, deciding to just sleep in the other male’s car for the night.

Needless to say, Hyunseung slept exceptionally well that night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...Yay for Junnie wanting to be good?

Lol Pasta Palace was just to sate my EXO feels, don't mind me XD

How was this? JunSeung got more interaction~ <3

Well, I'm gonna have to work on getting DooSeob together soon :/ And I just realised that I spent four chapters to finish one day in this! x.x Either way, I hope you guys enjoyed it :)

Ok, that's all from me so I guess I'll see you guys next week :D HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! Annyeong ^^