Injury

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung looked at the plastic bag that was still in Junhyung’s hand, containing his lunch. Hyunseung moved his hand slightly, not knowing if he should risk brushing his hand over Junhyung’s when he took his lunch from the other male.

To hell with it.

Hyunseung literally snatched his lunch from Junhyung, thankful that his hand hadn’t accidentally touched Junhyung’s. He didn’t know how much skinship with Junhyung he could take.

Junhyung blinked in shock, staring at his now empty hand, and then at Hyunseung who was already opening the packet of rice and eating.

What the hell? The least I deserve is a ‘thanks’, isn’t it? So what if he’s cute and stuff? He still has to be gracious. Wait. What did I just say? He’s cute? Oh god, no.

Junhyung was horrified by his thoughts and he ran out before Hyunseung or Yoseob could say anything. Yoseob looked at the door that Junhyung had just exited from and shrugged, not wanting to deal with his best friend’s behaviour while eating.

Hyunseung pretended to concentrate on eating, but his thoughts travelled back to Junhyung running out. He was beyond confused. Hyunseung didn’t remember doing anything that could have sparked off such a reaction. He didn’t do anything bad… did he?

Hyunseung turned to Yoseob, slightly panicking. “Seobie, why’d Junhyung run off like that?”

Yoseob glanced at Hyunseung incredulously, chewing and swallowing before he replied.

“I don’t know.”

Hyunseung felt like pulling his hair out. Yoseob was not helping. Sighing, Hyunseung decided to eat his lunch before confronting Junhyung. Maybe he could even ask Junhyung out for dinner with everyone.

Speaking of which, Seobie hasn’t answered me about dinner yet.

“Seobie, do you want to go for dinner with Doojoon and me?” Hyunseung asked again. Yoseob’s eyes lit up immediately and he nodded. Hyunseung wanted to pinch Yoseob’s cheeks and tell him how adorable he was, but he decided against it.

Yoseob, on the other hand, wanted to punch himself for seeming so enthusiastic about the dinner offer. It was just dinner, nothing else, and Hyunseung had in fact asked him about it earlier. It wasn’t as if he was going on a date with Doojoon since Hyunseung would be there. Not that he wanted to go on a date with Doojoon, or eat with only Doojoon. Hyunseung was fine. Having dinner with Doojoon and Hyunseung was fine.

er.

The word appeared in Yoseob’s mind and he almost choked on his noodles. Did he just think that Hyunseung was a er? What was he thinking?

While Yoseob was drowning in his thoughts, Hyunseung was eating as fast as he could. He literally stuffed a spoon of rice into his mouth, chewed three times and swallowed. He did the same for the spinach, and he ate the chicken wings at almost the same speed. Once he was done, he turned to Yoseob and gaped for a moment. Yoseob was still eating.

Shaking his head, Hyunseung put the empty packet down, in front of Yoseob, and he went out of the staff lounge. He watched as Gikwang and Dongwoon focused on doing their work and he wanted to laugh at the couple. The maknaes were so gullible sometimes.

“Gikwang, Dongwoon, do you want to have dinner with Doojoon, Seobie and me?” Hyunseung asked. Gikwang glanced at Dongwoon, silently conversing before both of them nodded simultaneously. Hyunseung smiled and waved to them as he exited the store, telling them that he had to get something when in fact, there was still fifteen minutes of lunch break.

Hyunseung looked around the streets, hoping to find Junhyung somewhere. He still wanted to invite the other to dinner, and he wasn’t going to give up his pride and ask Yoseob for Junhyung’s number. That was going to destroy his dignity, if he even had any.

Hyunseung roamed the streets, stopping by cafés and restaurants to peek inside their windows. He wanted to give up by the time thirteen minutes had gone by, and so Hyunseung turned around and began brisk walking back to the store, feeling depressed that he was unable to find Junhyung.

Hyunseung checked the time and he sighed again. He would be late for his shift.

Hyunseung sped up his pace slightly so that he wouldn’t be too late, not watching where he was going. Hyunseung bumped into someone and fell when he was only a minute away from the store, and he cursed under his breath. He had been unlucky for the entire day already, waking up late and failing to find Junhyung, and now he falls. Hyunseung moved his right hand, the one that he had used to break his fall, and winced.

This day just keeps getting better and better. Can I just get run over by a car? It would be better than all this that keeps happening.

Hyunseung stood up, using his uninjured hand to push himself off the floor, and glared at whoever he had bumped into. The moment he made eye contact with the man, verbal coherency flew out the window. It was Junhyung.

Junhyung had been surprised, to say the least, when he had felt somebody bump into him. He was even more surprised when he looked down and saw Hyunseung. If it had been some other person who bumped into him, Junhyung would have lashed out at the person, but this was Hyunseung, and Junhyung gets butterflies in his stomach whenever he sees Hyunseung.

What should I do? Should I help him up?

Junhyung stared at Hyunseung who stared right back. The two were once again engaged in a staring contest, and Hyunseung was the first to break eye contact.

“Yah, my wrist is injured,” Hyunseung told Junhyung, holding up his right wrist and wincing when he accidentally moved it.

“Really?”

Hyunseung stared at Junhyung as if he was stupid and nodded. Junhyung looked at the wrist again and realised that it was indeed beginning to swell. Junhyung felt an unfamiliar feeling wash over him, and he took hold of Hyunseung’s wrist.

“Let me see that,” Junhyung said softly, inspecting the injury. He didn’t even have to move it. The moment he touched the wrist, Junhyung felt Hyunseung tense, and he even cried softly in pain, so he knew that Hyunseung was telling him the truth.

While Junhyung checked on his wrist, Hyunseung was biting his lip nervously. Junhyung had never showed his soft side to him before, not in the few days that they’d known each other, and Hyunseung felt himself liking Junhyung just that bit more.

Why is it that every time I want to ignore my feelings, he does something to make me like him more? This is really annoying.

Hyunseung cleared his throat to get Junhyung’s attention, feeling disappointed when Junhyung released his hold on Hyunseung’s wrist. Junhyung raised a brow at Hyunseung questioningly.

“I’m late for work,” Hyunseung explained. Junhyung sighed and rolled his eyes.

“You’re going to work with that wrist?” Junhyung questioned. Hyunseung mentally groaned. Junhyung was right. He wouldn’t be able to work with his wrist in that condition.

“I guess not,” Hyunseung admitted.

“Let me call Yoseob and tell him to inform your boss that you injured yourself. We’re heading to the doctor,” Junhyung said, pulling Hyunseung’s good hand and walking to the roadside, hailing a cab. Hyunseung looked at Junhyung’s hand, a blush creeping its way up his face.

“What doctor do you usually go to?” Junhyung asked. Hyunseung looked at him for a moment before he told the cab driver the address to Jungsu’s clinic.

The cab ride was spent in silence, neither Junhyung nor Hyunseung knowing what to say to the other.

 

---------------------------------

 

Hyunseung got off the cab when they arrived at the clinic, waiting for Junhyung to pay the cab fees before he went to register. After giving the receptionist all the required information, Hyunseung sat down on a waiting chair and sighed. The clinic was pretty empty, except for the lone man sitting in the corner. Hyunseung felt his chair shake and he turned to his right to see Junhyung.

“I already called Yoseob and he was pretty worried. He already informed your manager and your manager tells you to rest well,” Junhyung relayed the message to Hyunseung who nodded with a small smile.

“Hey, at least something good came out of this,” Hyunseung shrugged. Junhyung chuckled and nodded in agreement, causing Hyunseung to be stunned.

Did Junhyung just CHUCKLE? He chuckled! Oh gosh. Oh. My. Gosh.

Hyunseung squealed a few times in his head before bringing himself back to reality.

“Do you want to go out for dinner with me?” Hyunseung asked. Junhyung widened his eyes slightly and Hyunseung realised what he had implied. He got flustered and shook his head frantically, trying to tell Junhyung that he hadn’t meant dinner with him alone.

“Dinner?” Junhyung questioned. Hyunseung face palmed, accidentally using his right hand and screaming when he felt pain searing through his wrist. Tears gathered in his eyes from the pain and they streamed down his cheeks.

Junhyung felt the urge to whack Hyunseung on the head for being so careless, but he settled for grabbing Hyunseung’s injured wrist and locking it in place, using his hand as a brace so that the wrist would be unable to move around at all. He had felt Hyunseung flinch at the start, but the latter relaxed after a few moments.

Hyunseung bit his lip hard, trying not to look like a crybaby in front of Junhyung. He glanced up when he felt something warm grab his wrist and stared at Junhyung’s hand that was keeping a firm but gentle grip on the injured wrist. Unknowingly, his lips slowly curved up into a small smile, despite the overwhelming pain that he was still feeling.

Junhyung, on the other hand, was feeling butterflies in his stomach again. He never felt anything similar to that before, not even when he was with Hara. In fact, he only stayed with Hara because he knew that she cared.

What am I feeling for this guy? I don’t know how to describe this. Is it… No, I do not love him. I am most definitely not gay. I like girls, not guys. That’s right.

 Junhyung denied his feelings, refusing to believe that he might actually be gay.

“I meant dinner with Seobie, and the other three who work with me. At seven,” Hyunseung elaborated. Junhyung nodded in understanding.

“I don’t have any dinner plans anyway, since Hara went back to her hometown to visit her grandparents,” Junhyung said. “No problem. I’ll meet you guys at the store at seven then.”

Hyunseung grinned and nodded happily, momentarily forgetting about the pain in his wrist. Junhyung, however, just heaved a sigh of relief when Hyunseung’s name was called, and he followed the other into the doctor’s office. Junhyung had lied when he said that Hara was in her hometown. She was actually at her parents’ place and had invited him to dinner that morning. He finally had a reason to reject her, then.

Once in the room, Junhyung locked the door and sat beside Hyunseung. Dr. Im raised a brow when he saw Hyunseung again, in spite of having seen him only days ago. His gaze rested on the now-healing cut that was on Hyunseung’s neck.

“You took the bandage off, Hyunseung-sshi?” Dr. Im questioned. Junhyung glanced at Hyunseung’s neck and noticed that the cut was indeed there. He didn’t exactly intend to injure Hyunseung. He’d only wanted to take the money and run. It should have been like any other robbery – effortless. So why had Junhyung felt a pang of guilt when he was holding the knife to Hyunseung’s throat?

Guilt. I felt guilt when I robbed him, and I just felt guilt when I injured him. Why did I feel guilty about doing bad things to Hyunseung?

Junhyung watched as Hyunseung used his left hand to scratch the back of his neck sheepishly.

“Yeah. I was lazy to replace the bandage after two days so I just left it. Don’t wounds heal better when they aren’t bandaged?” Hyunseung asked. Dr. Im shrugged and nodded.

“Sure, but it hurts more. So what’s your problem?”

Hyunseung started explaining how he had fallen and injured his wrist, and Dr. Im started to take a look at it. After ten or so minutes of examination, Dr. Im finally concluded that his wrist was fractured and that it would require a cast, so Hyunseung had to stay for a little longer.

They were lucky that the clinic had no other patients while Dr. Im worked on Hyunseung’s cast, so the cast was done faster than expected. Within an hour, the cast had dried. Hyunseung, like a little kid, was elated when he saw his blue cast. Hyunseung then left the doctor’s office happily and plopped down on the waiting chairs, letting Junhyung pay the bill.

The moment Junhyung was done, the two left the clinic and Junhyung headed towards a stationery shop. Hyunseung had questioned the other, but he grinned when Junhyung purchased a black permanent marker.

“This is for you to remember that I did this,” Junhyung said and signed on the cast. Hyunseung could just die of happiness there and then.

I take it all back. This day just gets more and more amazing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whee~! A chapter that finally focuses on JunSeung ALONE! <3

How was this? Comment? :)

I feel bad for injuring Seungie again though :/ If it helps, at least the two of them got closer. *shrugs*

Well I've been pretty busy with school stuff but I'll try to update on time next week :)

Till then, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Annyeong! ^^