White Day: DooSeob

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Doojoon and Yoseob watched as their friends slowly left to walk around Namsan Tower and enjoy White Day. The two of them actually had a plan for the day, but all of that was thrown out the window when the cinema wasn’t open.

“Of all days, why now?” Yoseob cried out in despair. There was a movie that just came out and he really, really wanted to watch it with Doojoon. After seeing the movie prologue, Doojoon had declared that he would definitely watch it with Yoseob. But apparently they were just very lucky, because the cinema was closed for some unknown reason.

Doojoon frowned, not liking to see his boyfriend upset. He wanted Yoseob to smile all the time, because Yoseob looked the best when he smiled. With that thought in mind, he walked over to one of the cinema staff and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. The lady turned around and raised a brow, asking, “May I help you?”

Yoseob watched in confusion as Doojoon smiled at the lady, reading her nametag. “Ah, Nicole-sshi, I just wanted to know why the cinema isn’t open. We checked the site yesterday and it stated that there would be movies being shown,” Doojoon explained. Upon hearing the elder male’s words, Yoseob felt his lips curve up into a small smile. So Doojoonie’s doing this for me?

Nicole smiled apologetically and gestured towards the cinema. “Someone wrecked our counters in the middle of the night after failing to steal from the registers. We only found out this morning so all shows at this cinema are cancelled till a week later. Sorry about this. Maybe you would like to go to another one of our branches?” Nicole suggested. Doojoon sighed and, from the corner of his eye, saw Yoseob pouting and kicking the ground.

“It’s alright, but thank you,” Doojoon said, bowing slightly to her before he turned and left with Yoseob. They went to the third level before leaning against the railings and turning to look at each other before sighing.

“Now what?” they asked in unison. This led to a short series of chuckles and giggles, the latter mostly from Yoseob. It took the couple some time to regain their composure and when they did, Yoseob started to look around where they were, desperately trying to find something to do for the five hours that they had. It would have been a lot easier if only the cinema hadn’t been damaged.

Finally, Yoseob gave up and brought Doojoon over to the directory, running his fingers along the list of shop names that he definitely did not recognise. He stopped at one that was under the entertainment section, wondering what the shop sold or had to offer.

“Should we go look at this shop?” Yoseob asked, already beginning to use his aegyo to persuade Doojoon to visit that shop. It wasn’t like he knew what the shop had, but he was curious and the name of the shop had been interesting – Fiction and Fact.

Well, Doojoon didn’t even need Yoseob’s aegyo in the first place; he would have agreed to anything that the younger male suggested. It was White Day and Doojoon wanted Yoseob to have a fun and memorable time, so that he would always remember the first White Day they spent together. Without a second thought, Doojoon smiled and nodded. “Sure Seobie. Anything you want.”

That’s how the couple ended up headed to the basement floor where the shop was supposedly at, and Yoseob had widened his eyes in surprise when he saw that it was a CD store. He almost immediately let go of Doojoon’s hand and ran in to look at all the CDs and DVDs that the store sold, grinning to himself when he saw a certain rack of albums.

Doojoon blinked for a few seconds, dumbfounded at the fact that Yoseob had just run off for some petty albums. Well, he could pretty much guess which group Yoseob was looking at. He just couldn’t get over the fact that his boyfriend had abandoned him for albums. On the bright side, I don’t need to worry about competition because Seobie doesn’t like guy groups, Doojoon thought, attempting to be a little more positive about things.

Hence, he walked over to where Yoseob was freaking out about Miss A and their newest album.

 

---------------------

 

After almost forty-five minutes of listening to Yoseob fanboy over Suzy and her supposed hotness, Doojoon felt that he had enough. He knew very well that Yoseob liked Suzy and idolised her quite a lot, and she somehow happened to be his ideal type for females, too. But when Yoseob mentioned something about Suzy and her y smile, Doojoon snapped.

I don’t have to be here listening to my boyfriend talk about another girl, especially when he isn’t even straight! I’ve had enough of this , Doojoon decided, gripping onto Yoseob’s wrist tightly. He harshly placed the album in Yoseob’s hand back on the shelf and ignored Yoseob’s protests, instead dragging the younger male out of the CD store and out of Namsan Tower.

Once they walked out, the crisp spring breeze blew into their faces and Yoseob’s mind finally registered what had just happened. He was angry at Doojoon, yet he was also afraid that he had angered his boyfriend. Still, his body reacted first and he wrenched his hand out of Doojoon’s grip, glaring daggers at the elder male.

“What was that?” Yoseob demanded, the words spilling out of his mouth before he had time to censor anything. Doojoon stared at Yoseob in disbelief, frowning in annoyance and pointing to the general direction of Namsan Tower.

“You’re asking me what that was? It was you fawning over another girl when you were supposed to be on a date with your boyfriend!” Doojoon shouted. Yoseob flinched slightly, never having been shouted at often, especially not by Doojoon. In fact, Doojoon had never raised his voice at Yoseob, except the time they got together.

Already Yoseob felt bad. He hadn’t meant to ignore Doojoon for almost an hour, but he really liked Miss A and Suzy, and their latest song was stuck in his head half the time. The other half the time, Doojoon was stuck in his head. He looked up guiltily and bit on his bottom lip, not knowing how to reply to that because what Doojoon said was totally true. They were on a date, on White Day for goodness sake, yet Yoseob had chosen Miss A over Doojoon? I as a boyfriend.

“What can you say for yourself?” Doojoon questioned, completely upset by the fact that Miss A was more important to Yoseob than he was. He was more than shocked when he heard sniffling and saw that Yoseob was tearing up, his small frame shaking as he tried not to sob too loudly.

“I’m sorry Doojoonie. I didn’t mean to upset you,” Yoseob apologised, sniffling a few more times and wiping his tears away. Doojoon’s resolve instantly crumbled away and he regretted shouting at Yoseob. No matter how much of a tease the younger male could be, he was still emotionally fragile, having grown up without his parents’ love.

Doojoon hastily went to wrap his arms around Yoseob, pulling his crying boyfriend to his chest and pressing his lips on his crown. He was still angry, but this time at himself. He hated it when people made Yoseob cry, but now he was guilty of doing the exact same thing. “Seobie, I didn’t mean to shout,” Doojoon said softly, ignoring the pointed looks of passers-by.

“But you’re right! I shouldn’t have ignored you like that!” Yoseob retorted, his voice cracking due to his crying. Doojoon sighed and shook his head, wondering why he had snapped all of a sudden. He figured that it was because of Yoseob’s constant comments on how good-looking Suzy was. Nonetheless, he felt that he was in the wrong. Yoseob had only been in his fanboy mode, nothing more. It wasn’t like he was going to get together with Suzy.

“Shut up. I was dumb. Now stop crying, ok? Please?” Doojoon asked, trying his best to sound cute in an attempt to make Yoseob laugh. He’d always at aegyo, after all. Luckily for him, Yoseob had let out a small, almost inaudible chuckle, but Doojoon heard it anyway and smiled. He lifted Yoseob’s face up and wiped the tearstains off the younger male’s face, kissing Yoseob’s eyelids and apologising again. “Do you forgive me?”

Yoseob pouted and hit Doojoon on the head. “No. I want comfort food!”

As expected, Doojoon thought, suppressing a laugh. Yoseob had always loved eating.

“Come on and let’s get some coffee and pastries,” Doojoon said, leading Yoseob back into Namsan Tower. Yoseob’s face lit up at the mention of coffee and pastries, already forgetting about the earlier incident and skipping lightly beside Doojoon.

 

-------------------

 

After having his comfort food, which burnt a small hole in Doojoon’s wallet, Yoseob had decided that he wanted to walk around and perhaps shop for some clothes. Yoseob didn’t have many clothes, most of them having been bought by either Junhyung or Hara.

His parents had divorced when Yoseob was seven, saying something about not being able to handle the overactive kid anymore. Yoseob had accidentally pushed his noona, Haeyeon, onto the road while playing, thus resulting in her death. After that, he had been handed over to his aunt who didn’t really like him much, but tolerated him. Since then, Yoseob’s toned down on his activeness, but his parents didn’t care about him anymore.

Yoseob was brought out of his thoughts when Doojoon held a shirt in front of his face, his brows creased in worry when he noticed his boyfriend spacing out. “Seobie-ah, are you thinking about them again?” Doojoon asked knowingly. He knew all about Yoseob’s history with his family, and he also knew how easily Yoseob’s thoughts drifted to them.

Yoseob nodded, being caught red-handed yet again, and smiled sheepishly while taking the shirt from Doojoon. “You know I can’t help it,” Yoseob whined. Doojoon couldn’t fight against that, so he settled for pushing Yoseob into the changing room and waiting patiently for Yoseob to change into the shirt.

They continued that way for another hour, simply passing each other shirts and bottoms to change into. Once, Yoseob handed Doojoon a woman’s top on purpose, only to laugh till his stomach hurt when Doojoon emerged from the changing room with a deep scowl. They ended up purchasing some fifteen shirts from that one department store and left right after, wandering around Namsan Tower in search of somewhere to sit and get something to quench their thirst and desire for something cold.

They managed to find a small ice-cream parlour tucked into a corner on the second floor, heaving a huge sigh of relief since they had been looking for twenty minutes already. They walked towards the ice-cream parlour and, upon, spotting two familiar figures, went to slide down into the seats opposite Gikwang and Dongwoon.

They chatted with the two youngest employees, about anything that happened in the previous few hours. Then the conversation was suddenly steered towards the robbery and nobody wanted to say who the robber’s target was. They all knew somewhere deep down that the person was aiming for Hyunseung and Junhyung, or at least one of the two. Doojoon had been terribly worried for his best friend at first, but Yoseob had made sure he didn’t overthink things.

It was another fifteen minutes before Yoseob and Doojoon went off yet again, claiming that they still had another fifty or so minutes of their date left. They smiled softly when they turned back and saw Dongwoon resting his head on Gikwang’s shoulder, clearly asleep.

“They’re a really good couple,” Doojoon commented once they were a distance away.

“How about us?” Yoseob asked indignantly.

Doojoon rolled his eyes in mock irritation.

“We’re the perfect couple, of course.”

 

---------------------

 

The couple ended up heading to the park nearby. Who knew why there were parks all over the place? Certainly not Doojoon or Yoseob, but they couldn’t care less about why parks were everywhere. They were more concerned about taking some selcas to remember the day, and what happened on the date. After every one of their dates, Yoseob and Doojoon would record the day’s events down so that they would never forget what they did for dates.

The surprising thing, however, was that they actually ran into Junhyung and Hyunseung by the pond. And why did every park happen to have a pond with ducks? Nobody would ever know. Doojoon and Yoseob approached their best friends and each raised a brow at what they were doing.

“Feeding ducks?” Yoseob asked incredulously. Just as Hyunseung was about to explain the rationale behind doing something like that, Junhyung cut him off and shot Yoseob a look.

“It’s our thing, alright? Outsiders don’t have to understand this,” Junhyung said. “Go away and let us enjoy our date,” he added. Doojoon and Yoseob shrugged, reminding the couple to be on the roof of the tower by 6pm, because the fireworks began at 6.30pm and they still had to attach their love padlocks. After getting a nod from both Hyunseung and Junhyung, Doojoon and Yoseob left to continue walking around the park.

“Doojoonie, I’m tired,” Yoseob complained, yawning. He had woken up extra early to look his best for their first White Day together, and Yoseob was exhausted. He had been up the previous night, reading some book and composing some lyrics.

Doojoon looked at Yoseob and the younger male yawned again, feeling extremely tired. He had gotten no more than five hours of sleep. He was still excited to see the fireworks, that much hadn’t changed, but Yoseob wasn’t sure if he could handle staying awake. His eyelids felt heavier than usual and he yawned once more.

“Seobie, you have to get more sleep,” Doojoon chided, bending down in front of the younger male. Yoseob tilted his head to the side in confusion, giving in to the relentless yawning as he let out yet another yawn. “Get on,” Doojoon instructed.

Yoseob’s eyes widened slightly. “Are you sure, Doojoonie?” Yoseob asked.

“Yeah, so get on my back and I’ll carry you up to the roof with me,” Doojoon explained. Yoseob hesitated for a moment before deciding dammit, Doojoonie will make me get on somehow, and climbed onto his boyfriend’s back. He held all the shopping bags as Doojoon walked, and he could feel himself dozing off.

“Thanks, Doojoonie,” Yoseob said gratefully. It wasn’t the first time that Doojoon made him feel so important, and he loved the feeling. It was like there was no one else that mattered to Doojoon except for Yoseob, and the feeling was addictive.

Doojoon smiled as he heard soft snores from Yoseob.

“Sweet dreams, Seobie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was supposed to have more fluff but, uh, I'm not sure what happened  :P Well, it was fluffy to some extent I hope :)

The next chapter is the long-awaited (by me, anyways) JunSeung chapter~! :D I've been waiting so long to do that chapter :3

I hope you guys enjoyed this and definitely look forward to the next! See you next week! Annyeong~! ^^