Touché

You Make Me A Good Man

(A day later)

 

Hyunseung woke up normally that morning, to the sound of his alarm clock and not to the sound of Yoseob screaming bloody murder at his bedroom door. He and Junhyung had stayed at his shared apartment with Doojoon again, only because they both felt sorry for Doojoon if he had to deal with moody Yoseob alone.

Hyunseung took a glance at his room clock and saw that he still had an hour before he would have to leave for work with Junhyung. Since Yoseob wasn’t going to be working morning shifts till his morning sickness got better, Doojoon wouldn’t work morning shifts either and that only left four other employees to do so. Hyunseung and Junhyung both agreed that it was bad of them to make Dongwoon and Gikwang work all the morning shifts, so they decided to alternate with them.

Junhyung felt Hyunseung shifting around gently and cracked a small smile, placing a kiss on Hyunseung’s forehead. The elder male smiled in return and snuggled into Junhyung’s chest, thankful that he wasn’t nauseous as of yet.

They stayed like that for another ten minutes before the nausea, at long last, hit Hyunseung. He abruptly got out of bed and ran to the toilet, barely managing to lift the toilet seat before he began to vomit. Junhyung quickly followed behind Hyunseung and rubbed soothing circles on the elder’s back, getting some water for Hyunseung to gurgle his mouth with.

As Hyunseung brushed his teeth, Junhyung set out to find food that wasn’t chicken or egg. It wasn’t too difficult to decide on making kimbab, digging out some cucumber and carrots because those were healthy, and he couldn’t very well give Hyunseung any egg. He also got crabmeat, and he began to prepare breakfast for the both of them.

By the time Hyunseung was out, with his hair fixed and looking refreshed, Junhyung was done with Hyunseung’s breakfast and set it down on the table. He told Hyunseung to eat first, but the elder clearly wanted to wait for Junhyung because he shook his head stubbornly and pouted.

“Alright, give me another minute or so,” Junhyung said, warmed by Hyunseung’s small action. He knew that Hyunseung was probably starving, but he still wanted to wait for Junhyung before eating together with him. Now remind me again what I did to deserve this angel as my boyfriend?

In the end, Junhyung decided to bring the ingredients for kimbab over to the dining table and make his breakfast there. He eyed Hyunseung who eyed his own kimbab, and chuckled lightly. “Eat if you want to, Seungie. I’ll eat too,” Junhyung told him, taking a bite out of a piece of kimbab to prove his point. Hyunseung grinned approvingly and took a bite out of his own kimbab, and Junhyung almost squealed in a manly way because Hyunseung was just that adorable. Almost.

After finished breakfast, Junhyung handed Hyunseung’s prenatal vitamins and sour plums to him. The elder thanked his boyfriend, eating his vitamins and sour plums while watching Junhyung wash the dishes. Hyunseung briefly wondered if Junhyung would become as protective as Youngwoon was towards Jungsu, since he was pregnant now. It didn’t take a genius to figure out the answer. Hyunseung nodded to himself. I’m never going to go out with my friends ever again.

Hyunseung blinked in surprise when a glass of water was set right in front of him, and he looked up at Junhyung who was already putting the prenatal vitamins away. “I assumed that eating healthily included drinking more water,” Junhyung explained.

“But Junnie, I just drank a glass of water while eating,” Hyunseung stated.

“But still…” Junhyung trailed off, giving Hyunseung a kicked puppy look.

“Ok, ok, fine. I’ll drink it,” Hyunseung said immediately, unable to say no to Junhyung when he looked like that. Besides, Hyunseung knew that whatever Junhyung did was for his and their baby’s good, so he found no reason to say no.

After finishing the glass of water, which was already the second glass although he’d been awake for less than an hour, Hyunseung went to plop down onto bed since he’d already changed out of his pyjamas. He stared at Junhyung as the younger male changed, smiling sheepishly when he was caught. “What? You have a nice body,” he justified.

“Same goes for you.”

“Touché.”

The couple doubled over in laughter at their own stupidity.

 

---------------------

 

Five hours passed by in a flash for the couple. It seemed as if there was no school that day, because Hyunseung and Junhyung swore that they served over a hundred students. It was that or everyone was ditching school for some reason. Junhyung flipped the sign to ‘closed’ before walking over to Hyunseung and picking his bottle up from the floor.

“You didn’t drink much water,” Junhyung said accusingly. Hyunseung nodded in agreement before taking his bottle from Junhyung and taking a few big gulps of water. Junhyung smiled in satisfaction as Hyunseung did so, causing the elder to roll his eyes.

“It’s just water.”

Junhyung shrugged, about to say more about how eating healthily included drinking more water when the chimes to the store sounded. The couple turned to the source of the sound, and Junhyung knew that he saw the two men who had just walked in before.

“I’m sorry, but we’re having our lunch break right now,” Junhyung told them. Jongwoon’s café. They were the police who were there that day. God dammit, are they here for me? Junhyung didn’t know if he should make a break for it or keep calm. If it was in the past, Junhyung wouldn’t really have minded being arrested. He’d had nothing to lose. But now he had Hyunseung and his unborn child, and no way in hell was he going to let himself be caught. But do they really know that I’m a robber, or am I just Seungie’s boyfriend to them? If they don’t know me and I run… that’d be suicide.

Hyunseung, on the other hand, was frozen in his spot. What the hell is Hyukjae doing here? He can’t be here for Junnie, can he? No way. I don’t think he knows. He was just a little suspicious the other day, that’s all.

Hyukjae stared at Junhyung, creasing his brows in thought. The guy beside him, Donghae, looked at Hyukjae questioningly. Hyunseung’s gaze darted back and forth from Junhyung to Hyukjae, feeling extremely nervous for his boyfriend. Junhyung seemed rather calm, and he took a deep breath to steady himself.

“We’re closed for lunch, sir,” he repeated, keeping his calm mask on.

“Have I seen you around before, kid?” Hyukjae asked suspiciously.

“I believe not. Sir, we-”

Hyukjae snorted. “I know, you’re closed for lunch. I’m looking for Jungsu hyung. Hyunseung, is he in his office?” Hyukjae asked. When he got no response from the younger male, Hyukjae sighed loudly and snapped his fingers in front of Hyunseung’s face. “Yah Jang Hyunseung.”

“Yes, Jungsu hyung is in his office,” Junhyung replied. Hyukjae scanned Junhyung once more, crossing his arms to show that he wasn’t pleased with Junhyung’s attitude. Then again, Junhyung generally didn’t treat strangers well, especially if they were a threat to his survival.

“I’m not talking to you. I’m talking to him,” Hyukjae retorted, jerking his thumb towards Hyunseung. Hyunseung finally snapped out of his trance and shot Junhyung a look, shaking his head subtly. Junhyung nodded to Hyunseung and shrugged at Hyukjae, gesturing towards Hyunseung.

“Jungsu hyung’s in his office.”

Just as the words left Hyunseung’s mouth, Jungsu walked out of the staff lounge and smiled at his two friends. “Happy birthday, Hyukjae!” he exclaimed brightly, hugging the younger male briefly before stepping back and finally noticing the tense atmosphere in the store. “What happened?”

“Hyukkie thinks there’s a bad vibe about this guy,” Donghae informed the eldest.

Jungsu chuckled in an attempt to hide his own nervousness. “Junhyung? He’s a good guy.”

Hyukjae gaped in disbelief. “This was the guy Hyunseung was looking for? This is his relative?”

Hyunseung struggled to come up with a good excuse, jumping a little in shock when Junhyung suddenly wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him closer. “I’m his fiancé. Is there a problem?” Junhyung asked, glancing at Hyukjae and Donghae.

Donghae smiled sweetly at Hyunseung and Junhyung, and jabbed Hyukjae in the stomach. “Hyukkie, you’re mean. Just enjoy your birthday for once, please. Jungsu hyung, are you free to go out for lunch with us? Youngwoon hyung’s only coming if you do,” Donghae said, looking at Jungsu innocently. Jungsu chuckled and ruffled Donghae’s hair as he nodded. Donghae squealed in excitement while Hyukjae was forced to apologise for his behaviour. Jungsu and the couple then left, leaving Junhyung and Hyunseung to look after the store.

The moment the trio were out of the store and the doors had closed, Hyunseung let out a sigh of relief. Junhyung had never expected Jungsu to side with him, but he was really grateful that he did, and exhaled in relief as well.

“That was too close for comfort.”

Junhyung couldn’t deny that at all.

 

-------------------------

 

Dinner rolled by soon after and Hyunseung and Junhyung changed out of their uniforms, greeting a strangely bouncy Yoseob. Doojoon followed behind his boyfriend, shaking his head when he was shot questioning looks by the couple.

The moment Yoseob skipped into the toilet to change and fix his hair, Doojoon flopped onto the small couch in the staff lounge and planted his face into the couch. Junhyung eyed the toilet, then Doojoon. Hyunseung rolled his eyes and kicked Doojoon’s .

“What’s with Seobie?”

Doojoon said something in reply, but it was muffled by the couch. Hyunseung kicked Doojoon’s once more and the elder male lifted his face off the couch, just enough for him to turn and glare at his best friend. “Did you quit soccer or something?” Hyunseung asked randomly, since Doojoon didn’t seem to want to say anything about Yoseob’s sudden energy.

Doojoon nodded and Hyunseung gasped in shock. “Why?”

“I couldn’t make time for it at all, so I figured that I should let someone else have the chance to be in the team. Besides, we’re graduated so I can only stay for another year at most. Why should I hog the spot?” Doojoon asked. “And Seobie ate chocolate,” he added, gesturing towards the toilet where the hyper male was. Hyunseung was still in shock that Doojoon actually willingly quit soccer, while Junhyung laughed in amusement at Doojoon’s misery. Note to Doojoon: never ever give Seob chocolate for the next few months.

Yoseob emerged from the toilet some time later, looking at Hyunseung and tilting his head in confusion. “Hyunseung hyung, are you alright?” he asked, slightly concerned. It wasn’t as if Hyunseung didn’t zone out on a regular basis, but the elder looked like he was a little too far gone this time around.

Junhyung nodded in reply to Yoseob’s question. “He’s just shocked. Now excuse us while we head off for late dinner,” Junhyung said, tugging on Hyunseung’s arm while waving to the couple. They passed by Gikwang and Dongwoon on their way out, waving to them and wishing them good luck with dealing with hyper Yoseob.

Hyunseung was pushed into his seat lightly because he was still reeling from the shock that Doojoon had quit the soccer team. Junhyung got into the driver’s seat, buckled his and Hyunseung’s seatbelts and started the car.

“What’s for dinner?” Junhyung asked, naturally driving downtown because there wasn’t much to eat nearby, and they had time anyway. When Hyunseung didn’t reply, Junhyung chuckled incredulously. “Did Doojoon break you?” he joked.

Hyunseung blinked back to reality and nodded dumbly. “Kind of, yeah. Can we go to Chef’s Kiss again? We didn’t get to eat the other time,” Hyunseung said. Junhyung nodded and Hyunseung clapped excitedly. Somehow Junhyung felt that he was going to have a much more enjoyable eight months than Doojoon was.

Within no time at all, the couple was at the restaurant and had managed to find seats further inside the restaurant. They called the waiter over and Hyunseung smiled at the familiar man. Junhyung seriously wondered how many people Hyunseung knew.

“Kiseop!” Hyunseung chirped. “He’s Gikwang’s cousin,” he added in a whisper. Junhyung nodded and smiled lightly at the waiter. Kiseop made his way over to them and raised a brow.

“I haven’t seen you in forever, hyung. What’d you like to have? I can get Kevin to talk to you guys since he’s not allowed to work yet,” he suggested. Hyunseung brightened up at the mention of that and he nodded eagerly, telling Kiseop his and Junhyung’s orders before thanking Kiseop.

As Kiseop left to place their orders, Junhyung turned to his boyfriend with a questioning look. “Seriously, how many people do you know?” Junhyung asked in disbelief. Hyunseung seemed to know everyone at all the restaurants they’d been to so far. Maybe it was just Junhyung’s imagination, or the fact that Hyunseung always suggested the place to eat at, but still.

Hyunseung shrugged and picked up a piece of kimchi from the small tray of side dishes, popping it into his mouth. “I don’t know. Many?”

Junhyung stared at the elder male blankly, only tearing his gaze off when a feminine blond male sat down at their table, carrying a sleeping baby in his arms. Hyunseung smiled at the said male and Junhyung knew that this was the Kevin whom Kiseop was talking about.

“Kevin, how’re you doing? And how is baby Jaejin doing?” Hyunseung asked. Kevin returned Hyunseung’s smile and bowed slightly to Junhyung, whom he’d personally never seen before. Hyunseung noticed the action and introduced Junhyung to Kevin. “Junhyung, my boyfriend.”

“Nice to meet you, Junhyung-sshi. I’m fine, hyung. And Jaejin is more than fine,” Kevin replied. Junhyung cracked a smile when Hyunseung asked if he was allowed to hold Jaejin, and Kevin passed the three week old baby to the elder male carefully, not wanting to wake his son up. “Support his head there, and his bottom. Yeah, like that,” Kevin praised.

Hyunseung and Kevin made small talk, occasionally bringing Junhyung into their conversations. The entire time, Jaejin was asleep, and Junhyung kept staring at the baby with a somewhat adoring gaze. It didn’t take long before Kevin saw this and narrowed his eyes at Junhyung.

“Hyung, your boyfriend isn’t a e is he?”

Hyunseung burst into laughter and Jaejin woke up crying.

 

---------------------

 

After a few minutes of laughing like a retard and having other diners glare at their table for being so disruptive, Hyunseung finally stopped and wiped a tear from his eye. Jaejin was in Kevin’s arms once more, sleeping peacefully in his umma’s arms as if he hadn’t been bawling just moments ago.

Junhyung stared at his boyfriend in amusement, while Kevin shook his head with a chuckle. “Really though, he isn’t right?” Kevin asked again unsurely. Hyunseung shook his head affirmatively at Kevin and the younger male nodded in relief.

“You know I’m just here, right?” Junhyung pointed out.

Kevin nodded. “Yeah, but I’m more comfortable with Hyunseung hyung. Junhyung hyung, was it? The way you were staring at Jaejin was just unsettling,” Kevin explained. Junhyung scratched the back of his head sheepishly, knowing that he did indeed look like a e earlier on. But he couldn’t help it. That baby just looks so cute and, gosh, will my and Hyunseung’s child be that adorable and chubby? Junhyung was gushing and he only found out about the pregnancy a day ago. Who knew that the big bad ex-robber could be such a softie?

“He just likes kids, that’s all,” Hyunseung explained. After being with Junhyung for over a month, Hyunseung knew that Junhyung actually really liked children. It started off with watching children play at the park, then when they ran into a little boy who got lost, and then when Luhan brought his twins over to the Pasta Palace and the employees of the store happened to have lunch there. Junhyung had reasoned that maybe it had something to do with the fact that he lost his brother at a young age. ‘Psychological reasons, maybe,’ Junhyung had said.

“Ah, I see. Kiseoppie didn’t really like kids much at first, but his attitude changed the moment we found out that I was pregnant. Wait, hyung, are you pregnant?” Kevin asked, a little excited because he always thought that Hyunseung would be an amazing mother.

Hyunseung nodded with a shy smile. “Just found out yesterday.”

“That’s great! No wonder Junhyung hyung seems so interested in Jaejin!” Kevin exclaimed, wanting to hug Hyunseung but unable to because Jaejin would wake up once more. Junhyung pondered over Kevin’s words for a moment and realised that yeah, he’s right.

Hyunseung nodded in agreement, turning to Junhyung and pecking the younger male on the nose. Kiseop finally served their dinner, talking to Kevin for a bit and giving the blond a chaste kiss before heading back to serve other diners. “Kiseop’s a real sweetheart,” Hyunseung commented.

“Isn’t he? Junhyung hyung seems nice too. Well, I’ll leave you guys alone to have dinner. I’ll see you around,” Kevin said, standing up slowly and waving to the couple. Junhyung and Hyunseung nodded in unison, both bidding their goodbyes to Kevin and Jaejin.

“Excited to be a daddy already, Junnie?” Hyunseung asked cheekily, digging into his dinner and sighing in bliss because he didn’t notice how hungry he was. Junhyung snorted and started on his own dinner as well.

“Shut up.”

Hyunseung laughed and nodded, continuing to eat his dinner.

“You can deny it all you want, but I know you’re excited.”

Well, Junhyung couldn’t fight that argument.

“Touché.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As promised, I'm back with an update which is 1000 longer than the normal chapter! (last chapter was longer, too) Random cameo from EunHae because they're the most real OTP ever, and VinSeop because they're adorable and I love them :D

I'm not sure where Seobie's hyperness in this chapter came from, but who cares? It's cute~

Was this chapter fluffy? o.O It got a little tense, I don't know why ._. OH WELL. I'll just try to add more fluff XD

I hope you guys enjoyed this! See you next week for another fluffy chapter~ Annyeong! ^^