I Hate You

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(A day later)

 

Hyunseung groaned as he heard his alarm ring, blindly sweeping his hand over his bedside table to turn the alarm off, or snooze it. Either way, he was too lazy to get up since he was taking the afternoon and night shifts.

He finally managed to find his phone and squinted at the screen to find the snooze button. However, when he was looking at his phone, he noticed a pair of eyes staring at him. Hyunseung screamed.

“YOON BASTARD DOOJOON! GO AWAY!” Hyunseung shrieked at his best friend, feeling completely awake and flailing his arms randomly in an attempt to swat at Doojoon’s face. “Get out of my room!” Hyunseung demanded.

“But Seung… I want to go to the convenience store and talk to Gikwang and Dongwoon,” Doojoon told the other male. He tried his hand at pouting and Hyunseung screamed again, squeezing his eyes shut tightly.

“GAH! OH GOD! NEVER, EVER DO THAT AGAIN!” Hyunseung yelled, throwing his blanket off himself and beginning to kick Doojoon away. He may or may not have kicked a certain sensitive spot and Hyunseung got up as he heard Doojoon’s cry of pain. He sat up on his bed, watching as Doojoon’s rolled around on the floor while covering his crotch.

“Hyunseung you bastard!” Doojoon yelled. His face was completely red and a tear or two was running down his cheek.

What did I do? Oh… I see. Haha! Oh gosh I should do this more often! It is his fault. I mean who the hell wants to wake up to your best friend slash housemate hovering over you?! God dammit I nearly had a freaking heart attack back there! Yoon Doojoon you bastard, Hyunseung thought with a mental pat. He hadn’t set out to kick Doojoon down there, but it was a pretty good punishment.

And it’ll probably teach him never to pout ever again. Like eww, that was disgusting!

After watching Doojoon roll around for about a minute, Hyunseung shrugged and stood up, dragging Doojoon out of his room before he walked back in and slammed the door in the elder’s face. He locked the door and plopped back down on his bed, hugging his bolster and closing his eyes to get more well-deserved sleep.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the bedroom door, Doojoon had kind of overcome the pain and got up, banging on Hyunseung’s door.

“Yah! Jang Hyunseung, I have the key to your room!” Doojoon reminded. He heard a muffled protest of ‘I don’t care! Go find KiWoon on your own!’ before the sound of music being played could be heard. Doojoon sighed and shook his head in defeat, glancing at the wall clock at the end of the corridor. 8am. He couldn’t blame Hyunseung for not wanting to get up, but the store opened at 8am daily and he really wanted to go, for some reason unbeknownst to himself.

Sighing once again, Doojoon decided to prepare Hyunseung’s favourite breakfast to bribe him. He started to defrost some chicken cutlet from the freezer and made some porridge. He then fried the chicken cutlet, as well as some cabbage and eggs. After that, he poured a glass of orange juice and served everything in a bowl. It took around half an hour to prepare, and Doojoon was beyond annoyed at his best friend for making him go through all that trouble, but he couldn’t go to the store alone this time. That’s what he thought, anyway. There was somebody that he couldn’t face alone.

Doojoon placed the glass of orange juice and bowl of porridge onto a serving tray before he brought it to Hyunseung’s room, balancing the tray on one hand as he unlocked the door with the master key. The music was still playing from Hyunseung’s iPhone, and Doojoon turned it off to block out the voices of BEAST.

“Hyunseung-ah, I made your favourite breakfast~,” Doojoon sang. He knew that Hyunseung was a pretty light sleeper and that he was probably already waking up, but when Hyunseung gave no reaction, Doojoon shook him lightly.

Hyunseung groaned for the second time that morning, not liking to be woken up.

“Hyunseung, I prepared your favourite breakfast,” Doojoon repeated. This time, he saw how Hyunseung sniffed the air, obviously smelling the chicken cutlet that Doojoon had cooked. Hyunseung’s eyes shot open and he looked at his bedside table, his eyes twinkling at the delightful sight that he was met with.

Hyunseung reached a hand out to grab the spoon, but he was stopped by Doojoon who held his wrist while shaking his head, an evil smirk on his face. Hyunseung groaned yet again, already knowing what Doojoon’s plan was.

“Doojoon you bastard,” Hyunseung sulked. He completely hated the fact that Doojoon knew him so well. If possible, Doojoon just smirked more and raised a brow.

“So? It’s sleep, or your favourite breakfast,” Doojoon told him. Hyunseung puffed his cheeks up, rolling his eyes in annoyance before he pushed Doojoon off his bed and went to wash up. Once Hyunseung was out of the room, Doojoon pumped his fist in the air.

“I knew it would work!”

 

-------------------------------

 

“Yoon Doojoon, I hate you,” Hyunseung whined, still sulking about the fact that he was forced to follow Doojoon to the store when his shift began at 1pm, which happened to be more than three hours later. And this all happened because he couldn’t resist his favourite breakfast.

I’m such a er for food… How many times have I told myself that I can’t let this happen again? God dammit Doojoon… I hate you.

On the other hand, Doojoon was happily skipping – ok, maybe NOT skipping, but close enough – to the store beside Hyunseung. It was obvious to the other male that his best friend only wanted to go to the store that early to see a certain baby-faced guy.

Eventually, the duo arrived at the convenience store which was fairly empty and walked in through the doors. The three employees greeted cheerfully, having thought that they were customers. When they saw that it was just Hyunseung and Doojoon, they heaved a sigh of relief.

“It was pretty crowded just now since everyone was rushing to work, and some were rushing to school. We thought that we would never get a break!” Dongwoon complained.

“Yeah, and our lanes were unusually long today,” Gikwang added. An apology was heard and the four turned to look at Yoseob questioningly.

“Because I was slow, everybody went to the faster lanes… I’m sorry!” Yoseob apologised again, biting on his lower lip guiltily. Hyunseung walked over to Yoseob and hugged him, patting his back comfortingly before he broke the hug and looked Yoseob in the eye.

“It isn’t your fault Seobie! I was like that when I first entered. God only knows how pissed off Sunggyu and Woohyun were with me,” Hyunseung chuckled at the memory of the couple screaming at him when he first started working around five years ago. They had been horrified at his pace and would always glare at him when they had a short rest. But after work, they would stay back for a little while to give Hyunseung some tips. He knew that they cared about him. They just showed it differently, just like how Hyunseung and Doojoon show their affection to each other.

“And we were doubly bad! Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun, Hyunseung hyung and Jungsu hyung would take turns to verbally torment us daily, until we finally got the hang of things,” Dongwoon said, shuddering as he was reminded of how WooGyu treated him. They might have been nice towards Hyunseung, but their attitudes took a 180° change when it came to KiWoon.

“The point, Yoseob hyung, is that your performance isn’t all that bad. You learnt faster than us, honestly, but being shorthanded is just really disadvantageous,” Gikwang assured Yoseob. The short male smiled at his three co-workers and nodded.

“Thanks guys! I was kind of beating myself up about it…” Yoseob trailed off, shrugging. “It doesn’t matter now, anyway. Hey Jungsu hyung! Good morning!”

The other four watched as Jungsu walked in with Youngwoon, greeting the couple who returned the greeting. Youngwoon immediately forced Jungsu to sit down and the other could only scowl at his fiancé’s attitude towards him. He could very well take care of himself. Youngwoon received a call seconds later, and he walked out to answer the phone.

“So how’s life?” Hyunseung asked Jungsu, knowing that his manager was annoyed by Youngwoon’s overprotectiveness towards him and their unborn child. Jungsu scoffed at the question.

“What do you think? I have Youngwoon going crazy about every little thing I do. Yeah, life’s wonderful,” Jungsu replied sarcastically. The five just laughed at Jungsu’s expense, but immediately shut up when Youngwoon walked back in.

“I don’t have anything on until noon, but the guys just called me out for a drink and…” Youngwoon kept quiet when he saw Jungsu glaring daggers at him. The five employees watched in amusement as Youngwoon gulped. Although Jungsu was annoyed with Youngwoon, it was obvious that the muscular male was henpecked.

“Don’t you dare drink in the middle of the day, especially not before work. I will murder you if you get into another bar brawl, or a car accident. I don’t need my child growing up without its father, Youngwoon,” Jungsu warned. Youngwoon nodded nervously.

“I’ll just call them back and tell them I can’t make it,” Youngwoon replied, hurrying out of the store to call his friends. The moment the store’s doors closed, the five burst out into laughter yet again, but at Youngwoon’s expense this time.

“Oh god, Youngwoon hyung is so tame!” Doojoon exclaimed. One way or another, his eyes travelled to Yoseob and he blushed, momentarily having stopped laughing. Yoseob made accidental eye contact with Doojoon and within moments, the atmosphere became awkward.

“Um… Well, why are you here so early Hyunseung hyung?” Gikwang asked, obviously having sensed the change of atmosphere in the store.

“Somebody dragged me here,” Hyunseung replied, rolling his eyes and staring at the still-blushing Doojoon. KiWoon and Jungsu immediately understood why Doojoon was acting that way, but Yoseob, being innocent, did not get it.

“Huh?” Yoseob asked, blinking in confusion at his friends and manager.

“He means to say that Doojoon hyung dragged him here to agdirenjkfnf…” Dongwoon was cut off by a hand being clasped over his mouth, courtesy of his boyfriend who shook his head. Dongwoon nodded and Gikwang took his hand off the younger’s mouth.

“Doojoon dragged me here for breakfast, and to chat with you guys!” Hyunseung lied.

“But really, Doojoon, I can give you a position here you know? I’ve known you for as long as I’ve known Hyunseung and you’ve worked here enough to know how things work. Besides, we need more manpower,” Jungsu informed the other.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt, right?” Doojoon muttered and looked at Jungsu. “Fine, just give me the position. I can’t promise that I’ll be here too often since I still have soccer practice, but can you try not to allocate my shifts with KiWoon?” Doojoon requested. KiWoon frowned at him.

“Why? Hyung, you’re being mean!” Gikwang complained.

“Because you guys are never out here at night!” Doojoon retorted, making the couple blush in embarrassment. It was true though, since they had to ‘perk themselves up’. Honestly, the couple just wanted to slack off and get laid.

At that moment, Youngwoon walked back into the store and stood beside Jungsu, kissing the elder male on the crown. “Anyone wants to go out for some food?”

Hyunseung looked around, eyeing Doojoon for an extra moment before raising his hand. “Me!”

Doojoon stared at his best friend in disbelief. “But I…”

“I’m hungry again. Let’s go!” Hyunseung exclaimed, pulling Jungsu and Youngwoon out of the store. That left KiWoon, Yoseob and Doojoon in the store, and KiWoon could only smirk knowingly at each other. Yoseob was still as confused as before, and Doojoon felt like murdering a certain somebody.

Oh, how Hyunseung loves making Doojoon’s life miserable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok I only managed to get this out yst cuz the first wk of sch was so hectic and I haven't even updated my other fic TT

I don't think I'll hv much time to type next wk either so I'll probably update on the weekend ><

This was kinda just a filler and since I'm gonna make DooSeob get together, you could say the story is progressing :D

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter cuz it was fun making Hyunseung and Doojoon miserable XD

Ok, I'll update asap! Annyeong! ^^