Revelation

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

“HE WAS THE ROBBER!”

Jungsu blinked once. Twice. He couldn’t exactly comprehend what Hyunseung had just told him. That man was the robber? Did Hyunseung not tell him that he didn’t remember the face of the robber? Hyunseung lied to him?

Hyunseung immediately realised what he’d just said and stared at the ground under him, suddenly finding the dead leaves really interesting. Jungsu faked a cough to get Hyunseung’s attention.

“That man was the robber?” Jungsu asked calmly. Hyunseung didn’t respond but he was kind of shocked by Jungsu’s lack of reaction.

Is Jungsu hyung so shocked that he can’t think straight? He wouldn’t forgive me easily for lying to him like that. Jungsu hyung would never tolerate liars.

“Hyunseung, answer me. Was that man the robber or not?” Jungsu tried again. His patience was wearing thin. Why would Hyunseung want to cover up for somebody who hurt him and robbed the convenience store? Hyunseung isn’t a pushover.

“Hyunseung.” Jungsu called, still trying to keep calm. He would probably slap Hyunseung or punch him if he continued refusing to reply Jungsu. It was honestly pissing the hell out of the elder.

Finally, Hyunseung let out a small sob and Jungsu was shocked for a moment. Why is Hyunseung crying? Jungsu might have been a little fierce but he wasn’t that harsh. At least that’s what Jungsu thought, but maybe he was wrong. Either way, he didn’t like Hyunseung to cry, so he drew the younger male into his arms while sighing.

“Hyunseung, I didn’t mean to be so harsh but you shouldn’t be lying about things like this. This involves your safety, Hyunseung-ah, and I’m just worried for you. He was the robber right? Why did you lie to me?” Jungsu asked gently. Jungsu’s motherly side was coming out and it was obvious from the way that Jungsu was treating Hyunseung.

“I thought that he deserved a second chance. He didn’t mean to rob us, hyung, I’m sure of it. And… I think of him all the time, it’s driving me nuts! I don’t know what to do,” Hyunseung admitted and continued to cry. Jungsu nodded knowingly.

The two just stayed like that until Hyunseung quieted down. Hyunseung then pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears away, feeling embarrassed that he’d just broken down in front of his manager.

“You like him, don’t you?” Jungsu suddenly asked. Hyunseung sighed and nodded, knowing that he could hide nothing from Jungsu. Jungsu was smart and he could see through people easily.

“Ever since last night, when we were robbed. I kept thinking about whether or not I would ever see him again, and turns out I did. I want to get to know him better though,” Hyunseung told Jungsu. Jungsu nodded and furrowed his brows in thought.

“I’ll let this matter go, and maybe I can help you find this guy. I have good connections with the police since two of my friends are police officers. They might be able to check the database for this guy,” Jungsu replied with a smile. Hyunseung squealed and hugged Jungsu tightly.

“Thank you hyung!”

Jungsu chuckled and pushed Hyunseung away. “Careful, Hyunseung. Youngwoon wouldn’t like it if you accidentally hurt his baby,” Jungsu joked. Hyunseung immediately backed off, knowing that Jungsu was right. Youngwoon is scary when it comes to his family.

“Hyung, do you want to go back to the store? I’m curious about what Gikwang and Dongwoon are doing. I feel like they aren’t looking after the store,” Hyunseung told Jungsu. The two looked at each other and burst into fits of laughter before they stood up and headed back to the convenience store where the two lovebirds were.

 

----------------------------

 

Junhyung walked with Hara’s hand in his, sitting down on another empty bench. Junhyung’s thoughts travelled back to Hyunseung whom he’d just met again moments ago.

There was more than one reason why Junhyung decided to rob the particular convenience store that Hyunseung worked in. Apart from the fact that Gikwang and Dongwoon were usually in the staff lounge, Hyunseung had been the object of Junhyung’s attention for some time.

Junhyung first saw Hyunseung on the streets. He found Hyunseung pretty interesting, so he began following Hyunseung and found out that he worked at the convenience store. Since then, Junhyung would keep hanging around the convenience store to look at Hyunseung. He’d also decided to rob the convenience store, just for the sake of it.

Hara frowned as Junhyung spaced out. Her boyfriend has been acting pretty strange recently, and she was worried for him. Junhyung has had a bad childhood and he finally managed to open up when he met his best friend, Yoseob. Yoseob introduced him to Hara and the two have been together for five years. Junhyung would laugh with her, but Hara knew that the smile wasn’t genuine. Junhyung wasn’t really happy with her, but Hara was content just being with him, so she never mentioned anything.

“Junnie, what’s wrong?” Hara asked softly. Junhyung shook his head and half-smiled at her.

“It’s nothing.”

It’s nothing? Yong Junhyung, who are you lying to? You’ve been thinking of that stupid pretty boy ever since you saw him a few weeks ago! Hara doesn’t know, but how could you bear to hurt her like that? She’s been with you through everything and puts up with all your crap, so you’d better not let her down!

Junhyung sighed. He didn’t even know what he felt for Hyunseung now. But one thing’s for sure. Junhyung knows that he’s straight, and he definitely is not in love with Hyunseung. He’s merely attracted by how pretty the boy is, that’s all. That’s what he told himself, anyway.

“Junhyung hyung! Hara!”

The couple turned to look at a cute bubbly boy who was bouncing towards them. Hara chuckled and smiled at the boy.

“You’re late! Come on. I’m hungry!” Hara pouted. Yoseob and Junhyung just nodded and the three headed to the restaurant where they had made a reservation.

Jang Hyunseung, what is it about you that attracts me to you?

“Junhyung, why are you playing with your food? Eat up, and don’t play with your food like that. There are so many children in the world without food so appreciate what you have,” Hara chided. Junhyung just nodded expressionlessly and stuffed a spoonful of food into his mouth.

“So hyung, what happened to you? You keep blanking out and both Hara and I are worried for you,” Yoseob questioned. Junhyung glanced at his best friend and sighed.

“It’s nothing. I just… I’ve been thinking about my dad,” Junhyung lied. Hara eyed him suspiciously, as did Yoseob. Junhyung doesn’t give a damn about his father, so why would he suddenly care about the man?

“Why?”

“I remember that he has some inheritance or something, and I’m thinking of robbing him,” Junhyung lied again, this time more smoothly than before. For those who haven’t figured it out yet, Junhyung is a robber. That’s just his job, kind of.

“Hyung, I know you hate your father, but he needs to live too,” Yoseob replied. Junhyung stared at Yoseob icily.

“Seob, you know what my dad has done to me. My childhood was ruined because of him, and he isn’t even close to paying me back. He doesn’t deserve to live anyway,” Junhyung told Yoseob. Yoseob shuddered in fear, knowing what Junhyung was capable of. He’s murdered, and he’s robbed, countless times. He’s never been caught though, because he’s too good at what he does. Anyway, most of the people Junhyung rob and kill are criminals, so in a sense, he’s doing good.

“Junhyung…” Hara started, but Junhyung cut her off with a glare.

“This conversation ends here. Let’s eat.”

And the two had to obey. Junhyung wouldn’t reveal any more to them.

 

-------------------------------

 

Jungsu and Hyunseung walked back into the convenience store, and as expected, there was nobody at the counters. Heck, the couple had locked up and closed the store for the day although the convenience store closes at 1am.

Jungsu sighed and rubbed his temple. The two lovers are always causing all sorts of trouble and Jungsu wasn’t sure if his body was supposed to be stressed out over these things right now.

Jungsu and Hyunseung walked into the staff lounge where they knew they would find the couple making out or having . They’ve all walked in on them before so they don’t really care anymore. Gikwang and Dongwoon usually don’t care about distractions when they have their make out sessions anyway so it doesn’t matter who walks in on them.

As expected, Gikwang and Dongwoon were in the midst of a heated make out session and Gikwang was already topless. Jungsu eyed Hyunseung and both of them sighed, peeling Gikwang and Dongwoon apart from each other.

The couple got back to their senses and looked at Jungsu in shock.

“J-Jungsu hyung… we were just, erm…” Dongwoon stuttered. Dongwoon has always been the edgier of the two, probably because he’s younger, and he’s always worried about getting punished by the manager.

“So yesterday you let Hyunseung get injured, and today you just close up early without my permission?” Jungsu asked, trying to sound angry. But his expression gave him away and he just sighed. “Can’t I trust you two to handle the store alone?”

“You probably can’t, hyung,” Gikwang told him truthfully. Jungsu nodded in agreement and sighed once again, not knowing what he could do.

“I suggest you hire someone else to work here, hyung. I mean we’re shorthanded aren’t we? The three of us are always working for the entire day and barely sleeping,” Hyunseung suggested.

Jungsu snapped his fingers, shocking everyone in the room.

“That’s a great idea! I’ll go post an ad online and in the papers right away!”

Hyunseung glanced at Dongwoon and Gikwang who smiled at him gratefully.

“You two better not do this again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok umm... abrupt ending much? Sry I just wanted to get this chapter over with :/

As you can see I'm back and I'll update asap, arasso? :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this and I'll reveal more about Junhyung's past later on. Annyeong! ^^