It's Gonna Be Alright

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Hyunseung watched as Yoseob tossed and turned in a desperate attempt to fall asleep, but to no avail. The younger male would let out an annoyed groan every now and then, and he’d already gotten up once to dry heave into the toilet bowl. Hyunseung and Junhyung had given each other worried looks but decided not to force Yoseob to visit the doctor.

Junhyung had asked Hyunseung if they happened to have any antiemetic at home, but Hyunseung and Doojoon rarely vomited, so they saw no need to buy any antiemetic. They settled for giving Yoseob a little water and told him to stay in bed, which he gladly obliged to. It wasn’t as if he had much energy to even stand, anyway.

It was thirty minutes before Doojoon finally made it back to the apartment, having had to avoid traffic. He wondered where the hell all the people on the streets appeared from, but he didn’t have time to think too much about it since he had to rush back home.

The moment Doojoon opened the house door, Hyunseung and Junhyung shared a sigh of relief. Yoseob had more or less fallen into a restless sleep, but at least he wasn’t tossing and turning as much as before. Hyunseung and Junhyung softly closed the bedroom door and went to the living room to meet Doojoon.

“How’s Seobie?” Doojoon asked, trying to look around Junhyung to look into the room. Hyunseung uttered a ‘fine, for now,’ and took the bag from Doojoon, sitting on the couch and stretching his tired limbs. Junhyung sat down next to Hyunseung and massaged Hyunseung’s sore neck muscles, earning a ‘thanks’ from the elder male.

“Seung, you’re alright already?” Doojoon asked, taking one of the packets of sour plum and opening it before holding it out to Hyunseung. The latter nodded with a small smile, but took one of the sour plums and put it in his mouth anyway.

“I don’t get it. Why’s Seobie still so sick?” Hyunseung asked while attempting to bite the flesh of the sour plum off. Junhyung sighed and shook his head, not having an answer to that either. Doojoon could only glance back to the bedroom every few seconds, still very worried for his sick boyfriend.

“I’m already fine, yet Seobie’s still puking his guts out. I just hope he’ll be alright,” Hyunseung mumbled, narrowing his eyes at Doojoon who seemed to get more worried by the second. Hyunseung sighed heavily and threw the other pack of sour plum to Doojoon. “Go and stay with him if you’re so worried. We’ll be leaving for work soon.”

Doojoon glanced up at Hyunseung and Junhyung and gave them a grateful smile. “Thanks, you two. But Jungsu hyung said that you can report for work as usual, which means that you don’t have to go till after lunch,” Doojoon said. Junhyung raised a brow and shrugged before sitting back down, having gotten up to leave already.

“Doojoon, do you want scrambled egg?” Junhyung asked. “Apparently it’s revolting to Seungie.”

Doojoon nodded and Junhyung went to get the scrambled egg. The two of them finished it off as quickly as possible, and then Junhyung finally set off to cook the ramen that Hyunseung wanted. He knew very well that his boyfriend was worried about Yoseob and wouldn’t want to leave the house yet, so he would have to settle with homemade ramen.

Once he finished eating the scrambled egg, Doojoon went off into his room to watch over Yoseob. Hyunseung just turned the TV on and lay down on his side, staring intently at the news that was being announced at the moment.

“Long time criminal has finally been arrested. The thirty-four year old, Ahn Chilhyun, better known as Kangta, had been working undercover in the police force for over two decades. At the same time, he had made counterfeit identification passes for many others. Ahn Chilhyun is still being interrogated, and his trial will be held in a month.”

The sound of metal hitting metal was heard from the kitchen and Hyunseung bolted upright, turning to look at Junhyung. The younger male was shaking slightly and Hyunseung furrowed his brows in worry. “Junnie, what’s wrong?” he asked in concern.

“Kangta hyung’s been arrested?” Junhyung asked, his voice no louder than a whisper. Hyunseung strained to hear his boyfriend, and he nodded in reply. Immediately, Junhyung was in the living room and calling someone.

“BoA noona, it’s Junhyung.”

 

---------------------

 

After twenty minutes of conversing with BoA, Junhyung finally hung up and plopped down on the couch. Hyunseung shifted over to sit beside Junhyung and leaned against the younger male. “Junnie, who’s Kangta?”

“He’s someone important in the criminal world. He’s the one who helped me change my name and become Junhyung,” Junhyung replied dejectedly. “He’s been a wonderful hyung to me, because he knew what I’d been through. I just can’t believe that he’s been arrested.”

Hyunseung nodded and pulled Junhyung to him. “He’ll be fine. The most he’ll get is imprisonment, so don’t worry. Who’s this BoA, then?” Hyunseung asked, feeling a little curious about Junhyung and his life. He’d never probed into Junhyung’s criminal life, but since the topic came up, he might as well make full use of the situation and find out more about Junhyung.

“She’s one of the top criminals. She has hundreds of men under her, and I used to be one of them. I left though, a couple years ago, but I’ve always kept in contact with her. She and Kangta hyung have always been rather close,” Junhyung said with a sigh. Hyunseung nodded in understanding and patted Junhyung comfortingly.

“He’ll be fine.”

“I hope so.”

The couple was disrupted when the bedroom door slammed open and Yoseob was once again headed for the toilet. Hyunseung and Junhyung got up immediately and rushed to the toilet where Doojoon and Yoseob were, only to be met by the sight of Yoseob vomiting water.

After Yoseob rinsed his mouth once more, he ate a sour plum and thanked the heavens when the nausea decreased rather significantly. He then retired to the bedroom once more and plopped onto the bed, groaning into the pillow in annoyance.

“I don’t like puking,” Yoseob whined, his voice rough from all the vomiting he’d done.

“Seobie, you need to see a doctor. Come on,” Doojoon ordered.

“No!” Yoseob protested. Junhyung and Hyunseung exchanged looks and the younger of the two walked out of the room.

“I’ll get my car.”

Before Yoseob could protest any further, Doojoon scooped his smaller boyfriend up into his arms and walked out of the room. Hyunseung was left to pick up some important stuff such as everyone’s wallets and phones and ICs, before he followed behind Doojoon.

Once in the car, Yoseob was handed a plastic bag and his seatbelt was strapped on. Doojoon gave him a look that stopped his from protesting anymore, and he just sulked in his seat. Hyunseung slid into the front passenger seat and shut the door before Junhyung drove off to the clinic that Jungsu usually went to.

It was a short drive, no more than fifteen minutes, and Junhyung was more than glad that Yoseob hadn’t thrown up during the entire drive. Doojoon helped Yoseob register and then he sat down next to the younger. Junhyung wondered if he should make Hyunseung get a check-up too, but decided against it because Hyunseung seemed to be alright.

It wasn’t long before Yoseob was called up and Doojoon followed his boyfriend into the doctor’s office, leaving Junhyung and Hyunseung alone outside.

“Yoseob-sshi, was it? How’re you doing?” Dr. Im asked, taking note of how pale Yoseob was.

“He’s been vomiting for nearly the entire morning,” Doojoon replied.

Dr. Im nodded and wrote this down. “Anything else?”

“He said it was because of yesterday’s dinner, and seeing as how my friend was sick earlier on, I think it may be food poisoning,” Doojoon clarified. Dr. Im nodded and took Yoseob’s pulse, raising a brow upon realising that something was different.

“Yoseob-sshi, we might have to take some blood and urine tests. The results will be out by Sunday, and you can come back to collect the results next week. Is that fine?” Dr. Im asked. Yoseob pouted and turned to look at Doojoon.

“I don’t like needles,” Yoseob mumbled.

“We need to figure out what’s wrong with you, Seobie-ah. Come on,” Doojoon asked.

“Fine.”

 

----------------------

 

It didn’t take too long for the blood test, but the urine test was a whole different matter. Since Yoseob had been throwing up the entire morning, he barely had any fluids left in him to pass out. Also, it was a tad bit difficult for him to keep anything down. In the end, he was given an antiemetic and was told to drink some water, and wait till he was able to give them a urine sample.

“I have some suspicions, but I can’t say anything for sure. I’ll tell you guys about it next week, alright?” Dr. Im asked. Doojoon smiled, nodded, and thanked the doctor, heading out with Yoseob to wait for the younger to want to pee.

The moment Yoseob and Doojoon stepped out of the doctor’s office, they were bombarded with questions by Hyunseung. “Is he alright? What’s wrong with him? Why’d Seobie puke for the entire morning? He doesn’t have a terminal illness, does he? Why did you guys take so long?”

Yoseob groaned, feeling a headache coming back on, and sat down on the waiting chairs. Doojoon took some water from the nurse and gave it to Yoseob, rubbing soothing circles on the younger male’s back.

“He’s fine for now. We don’t know what’s wrong, because the doctor isn’t too sure. I’m sure Seobie doesn’t have a terminal illness. We only took so long because we had to get a blood and urine sample from Seobie,” Doojoon replied in one go. Hyunseung blinked a couple of times, attempting to process everything that Doojoon said. Then he raised a brow.

“Blood and urine samples? Did Dr. Im tell you why?” Hyunseung questioned.

“We have to come back again next week to find out what’s wrong. For now, he gave Seobie some medicine to stop the puking,” Doojoon explained. Yoseob shoved the empty cup into Doojoon’s hands and leaned against his boyfriend wearily, yawning at the same time.

Junhyung patted Yoseob on the shoulder. “Seob, sleep if you want to. Seungie and I are taking over yours and Doojoon’s shifts for the day. I’m sure the nurse wouldn’t mind waiting for your urine sample,” Junhyung said cheekily. He earned himself a weak smack on the arm and he chuckled. “Well, Seungie and I are going to get proper food now. We’ll see you tomorrow.”

Yoseob nodded with his eyes closed and Doojoon shrugged, waving his friends off. Hyunseung got up, albeit a little reluctantly, and told Yoseob to rest well for the day before he left with Junhyung.

As the couple got into the car, Hyunseung couldn’t help but look back at the clinic worriedly.

“Do you think Seobie’s going to be alright?” Hyunseung asked.

Junhyung nodded and started the car, beginning to drive to one of the more popular ramen restaurants downtown. “If Kangta hyung’s going to be fine, then Seob is too,” Junhyung said confidently. They’ll both be alright, Junhyung assured himself. Both were people he cared dearly for, even if he didn’t show it, so Junhyung really didn’t want any of the two to come to harm.

Hyunseung caught the underlying worry in Junhyung’s voice and rubbed Junhyung’s arm comfortingly, reassuring the younger that everything would be alright. “The two of them will be fine. Wouldn’t your umma and Junsung watch over them?”

That was the right thing to say, apparently, because Junhyung smiled softly and nodded. “You always say the right things, Seungie,” Junhyung said, smile still plastered onto his face.

“I’m your boyfriend for a reason.”

Junhyung chuckled and nodded, leaning over to kiss Hyunseung on the lips lightly.

With Seungie around, everything will be alright.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lol at the copyrighted chapter title XD

This chapter was a mix of randomness with some relation to the storyline, but mostly I'm covering some of Junhyung's background, let Hyunseung know more about Junhyung's life and all :)

I'm oddly excited to write the next few chapters now, since it's gonna be fun~ :D This is seriously my favourite part of the fic X)

I hope you guys enjoyed this, look forward to the next, and don't hit me because I left DooSeob hanging XP Annyeong~! ^^