Bonus: KiWoon

You Make Me A Good Man

(14th February 2008)

 

Gikwang sighed, looking at the calendar and seeing that it was Valentine’s Day once again. He hated Valentine’s Day a lot, because nobody ever asked him out and he never ever had the courage to ask the people he liked out. Maybe it was the day something exciting finally happened on Valentine’s Day, but what did he know?

He looked at the card in his hand, staring at it blankly and wondering why he wrote such a stupid card for his crush. Most of his friends thought that Gikwang was a confident and somewhat popular sports kind of guy, and he was, at least in school. He had a slightly nerdy side to him though, and also had a fear of rejection just like everyone else. In his entire life, not once had he confessed to anyone.

Today’s going to be the day. Please, let today be the day.

“Lee Gikwang, get your to school! You’re going to be late!” his mother shouted, snapping him out of his thoughts and bringing him back to reality. Gikwang sighed again, keeping the card in his bag and making sure the small box of chocolates was inside. He made his way downstairs, said bye to his mum, and left for school.

Running through his timetable for the day, Gikwang realised that he had only two opportunities to give the card and chocolates to his crush. One of those opportunities was during lunch, and the other was during their calculus class together which happened to be right before lunch.

When he was nearing school, Gikwang was approached by a random girl.

“Um, Gikwang oppa, please accept my chocolates!” she stuttered, holding out the box with both hands and bowing. The thing with Gikwang was that although he wasn’t even into girls, he also couldn’t bring himself to reject her straight in her face. So, hesitating and forcing an awkward smile, Gikwang took the chocolates from her and thanked her. She blushed, probably squealing internally, and ran off to tell her friend what happened.

Gikwang sat through the lessons before lunch nervously, getting cold feet and wondering if he should even go ahead with this. In the few lessons that he was in, he’d gotten at least ten boxes of chocolates, and all of them were from girls. When it was time for calculus, he walked to his calculus classroom slowly, so absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn’t even hear what his friend was saying to him.

They entered the classroom and, as usual, Gikwang spotted his crush sitting in the front. He felt his face heat up and his heartbeat accelerate, and he hoped that he wasn’t turning too red. Sadly, his hopes were crushed when his friend nudged him, asking “Are you ok? You look feverish.”

Shaking his head profusely, Gikwang hurriedly went to his usual seat and slumped in his seat. He’d seen his crush laughing at his red face, and he wanted to kill himself for being so embarrassing. How was he supposed to get the guy to like him now?

“Gikwang, breathe dude. I know you like him but you got to relax,” his friend told him, noticing that he was slightly hyperventilating. Nodding, Gikwang tried to calm his racing heart and regulate his breathing. He focused on what the teacher was saying, blocking out any other thoughts as much as possible. It wasn’t until the bell rang that he realised he only had one chance left to get the card and chocolates to his crush, and the guy was already walking out of class.

“Oh my god, do you mind if I ditch you for a bit?” he asked his friend, stuffing all his things in his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. His panicked gaze tried to follow where his crush was going, but he was probably long gone by now.

Laughing, his friend just nodded. “Go for it, dude. I know you’ll be able to get him.”

Gikwang smiled nervously. “Thanks. I got to go,” he breathed out, and then he was pushing past his classmates and trying to spot his crush. Thank god for the fact that his crush was on the taller side, unlike him, and it was much easier to spot the younger male.

Rushing into the canteen, Gikwang scanned the crowd and heaved a sigh of relief when he spotted his crush. But the boy was surrounded by quite a number of girls, which was annoying. Still, Gikwang was determined to pass his card and chocolates to his crush, so he forced his way through the girls and managed to end up rather near to his crush.

The tall male spotted Gikwang, looking at him curiously. “Hyung, why are you here?”

Gikwang bit his lip, trying not to faint because he rarely ever talked to his crush one-on-one, and god his voice is so deep and amazing and how is anyone so handsome? Taking a deep breath, Gikwang looked his crush straight in the eye. “Can I talk to you, alone?”

Blinking in confusion, the boy nodded. “Girls, can you let me through? I’ll be back later, I promise,” he said, giving all his fangirls a dazzling smile. They complied of course, but not without sending Gikwang a glare. Smiling awkwardly, Gikwang and his crush went to the field.

“So what did you want to talk to me about?”

“D-Dongwoon, this is for you,” Gikwang said, fighting the urge to bolt because he was a ball of nerves. Dongwoon raised a brow, taking the card and chocolates and reading the card immediately. Gikwang paled, horrified because the card’s contents were just so embarrassing and he didn’t ever think that Dongwoon would want to read it on the spot.

“You think I’m handsome and also cute and want to go out with me?” he asked cheekily.

Gikwang bit his lower lip. “I know you probably don’t even like guys, much less me, but it was worth a shot,” he mumbled. Dongwoon strained to hear him, and he chuckled when he made out what the elder was saying. Putting his bag down, he pulled out a card and box of chocolates of his own.

“For you,” he said, handing it to Gikwang. “And for the record, yes, I’d love to go out with you.”

Gikwang stared at the card and chocolates in shock, and a smile slowly blossomed on his face.

Maybe Valentine’s Day wasn’t so bad after all.

 

-------------------------

 

(29th April 2017)

 

Gikwang smiled to himself as he remembered the past nine years with Dongwoon. If you’d told him, back then, that he and Dongwoon would be together for so long and even get married, he’d have told you that you were mad. They dated for a while before actually getting together on this exact day, all those years ago.

Looking at himself in the mirror, he took a deep breath and sighed. Today was a big day – his big day. He couldn’t be screwing it up because obviously, Dongwoon would kill him. Gikwang turned around and looked at Doojoon and his younger brother, Haekwang. “How do I look?”

Doojoon stood up, frowning and walking over to the younger male and scrutinising his suit. Adjusting his tie a little, he smiled satisfactorily and nodded. “You look amazing, Gikwang. Dongwoon’s going to want to rip this suit right off you later,” he said confidently, cackling when Gikwang turned red in embarrassment.

“Hyung, Dongwoon’s going to love you no matter what. But I agree, you look amazing,” Haekwang added. Gikwang smiled nervously, looking at the time and starting to pace around nervously. He had five minutes before he had to go, and then he’d see Dongwoon in his dashing white suit and he’s going to be more handsome than he’s ever been.

The minutes flew by and before he knew it, he was standing by the altar and waiting for Dongwoon to arrive and say the vows that would bind them together for life. He stared intently at the doors of the room, feeling his heart race in anticipation as they opened. Then Dongwoon started to walk down the aisle with his father and Gikwang felt like his legs couldn’t hold him up properly.

Thankfully, his future husband and father-in-law didn’t walk too slowly, because Gikwang didn’t know if he could keep himself from running to Dongwoon and giving him a kiss and hug. When Dongwoon was handed over to Gikwang, the latter smiled gratefully at Mr. Son before turning to look at his stunningly handsome fiancé.

“Looking amazing, Woonie,” Gikwang mumbled, trying to hide a smile.

“You too,” Dongwoon replied, inching slightly closer to his fiancé.

The priest read the usual opening lines, and told them to say their vows.

Taking a deep breath, Gikwang started. “Son Dongwoon, we’ve been together for exactly nine years now. We wouldn’t be here if not for that fateful day all those years ago; if I’d never found the courage to finally confess to you. You are the love of my life and I can’t wait to start a family together with you. You are my happily ever after, forever and always.”

“Lee Gikwang, will you take Dongwoon to be your husband? Will you trust and honour him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” the priest asked.

Nodding, Gikwang said, “I do.”

And then it was Dongwoon’s turn to say his vows and he was already getting teary. “Lee Gikwang, these nine years together with you have been amazing to say the least. I don’t know how I would’ve gotten through all these years without you by my side. I’m so thankful to you for making the first move because I don’t know if I ever would’ve confessed. I love you so much for loving me, and I love you even more because you’re you. I do,” he said, even before the priest even got the chance to say his lines.

“I now pronounce you husband and husband,” the priest declared.

They kissed, people cheered, and then they went to get ready for the reception together. They didn’t invite many people; just close friends and family. So, they decided to keep the reception simple. They had a buffet lunch, and that was about it.

 

----------------------------

 

After the wedding, they sent their family and friends off. The only people who stayed behind were their direct family, as well as their small group of friends. The families chatted for a while, and left after telling the newlyweds to enjoy their honeymoon. Then they too left and it was just Hyunseung, Doojoon and Yoseob, along with their kids.

“Where are you guys going for your honeymoon, again?” Yoseob asked curiously.

“Jeju. We didn’t want to spend too much on the honeymoon. Felt that the money should be saved for a family vacation next time,” Dongwoon explained. Doojoon looked over at Gikwang, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively at him and causing the younger male to turn red again.

“Congrats again guys. You’ve been together a long time and you should really be starting your family soon,” Hyunseung said, catching the hint that Doojoon was sending to Gikwang. The youngest groaned, glaring at Doojoon because why did he love to embarrass him?

“Why’re you getting all flustered? It’s not the first time you’re having ,” Doojoon said nonchalantly, causing Hyunseung and Yoseob to burst into laughter. “I’m honestly surprised that you haven’t gotten knocked up a single time yet.”

“We’re safe!” Gikwang nearly screeched. The cleaner turned to look at him disapprovingly, and Gikwang only became even redder than before. Dongwoon laughed at his husband’s misery, not quite understanding why he was so jittery. Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was going to be the first time having since being married, but honestly it wouldn’t be that much different from all those other times.

“Stop torturing him,” Dongwoon chuckled, deciding to finally step in and save the elder from their friends. Gikwang heaved a sigh of relief – at least there was someone on his side.

“Umma, why is Uncle Gikwang so red?” Sohyun asked innocently, not understanding the concept of blushing just yet. “Is he sick?”

Ilhoon gasped. “I don’t want Uncle Kwangie to be sick!”

“Me neither,” Jihyun mumbled.

“No, he’s not sick. It’s called blushing. It happens when you guys are embarrassed,” Dongwoon explained patiently. Hyunseung commented that Dongwoon would be a great mother, since he was so patient with kids, and Gikwang could only grin proudly.

“You should go soon,” Yoseob reminded them, taking a look at the time.

Nodding in unison, Gikwang and Dongwoon went to change out of their suits before rushing into their car and bidding farewell to their friends, at least for the next few days. They got to the airport, checked their luggage in and immediately went to the departure gate. In another few hours they were in Jeju and having a nice dinner together in their hotel room, just the two of them.

By the end of the day, both of them were tired. They’d woken up bright and early to get ready for the wedding, then they had to entertain their guests and there was the flight to Jeju, which was only an hour long but still tired them out.

Nonetheless, Gikwang had asked, “We still do have to consummate this marriage, don’t we?” when the two of them were lying in bed, already getting ready to sleep. Dongwoon smirked, as if he was waiting for Gikwang to say it.

“I thought you’d never ask,” the younger said.

And that’s how their night ended.

About ten months later, little Minhyuk was born and Dongwoon swore never to have more children, at least not in the next few years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys the second part (their wedding) was kinda crappy I didn’t know what to write D:

On another note at least they got married? And the bonus chapter is finally up although it could've been better I'm sorry again TT

Anyway I haven't started on the next chapter because tests are a burden so the next update will probably be next next week

Bye guys hope you enjoyed this annyeong~! ^^