Payback

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Dinnertime came and Hyunseung was waiting outside his apartment block for Junhyung to arrive. After Junhyung told Hyunseung his story, and the couple stayed together for a while, Junhyung called up Yoochun and Junsu. They had managed to arrange a meeting with Jiyong and Seunghyun at 8pm for dinner at Chef’s Kiss, a Western restaurant in the central business district.

Hyunseung and Junhyung had then formulated a plan to get back at Jiyong. Jiyong knew Junhyung since the two had met, but Jiyong would never expect Junhyung and Hyunseung to be together. Hyunseung and Junhyung were intending to use that to their advantage.

One of the main components of their plan was for Hyunseung to look unbearably attractive. Hyunseung had dyed his hair light orange and the couple had shopped for clothes. At the moment, Hyunseung was wearing a simple white tee with a black vest and black skinny jeans. He also sported a spiked headband which rested nicely in his tousled hair and two black cuff bracelets on his left wrist. The cast actually gave Hyunseung a sort of bad boy look, too.

(A/N: refer to this and add a cast on Seung’s right wrist)

To anyone else, Hyunseung was hot. To Junhyung, Hyunseung was breathtaking. The younger male nearly drove into a streetlamp as he stared at his overly attractive boyfriend. Luckily for him, he was alerted by Hyunseung pointing at the streetlamp, looking panicked. Junhyung drove over to the sidewalk where Hyunseung was and got off to open the car door for Hyunseung.

Hyunseung slid into the front passenger seat and Junhyung closed the door for him before getting back into the driver’s seat. They still had about an hour to get to the restaurant and that would have been more than enough time, but Junhyung didn’t know if he could keep his eyes off Hyunseung.

Hyunseung shared mutual thoughts. His focus was only on Junhyung and how handsome the other looked. Clad in a printed black tee and a three-quarter sleeve jacket, in black skinny jeans as well, Junhyung was stunning. Junhyung didn’t even require any accessories to look good.

(A/N: refer to this, without the watch and binoculars)

Junhyung managed to start the car without crashing into anything although his eyes couldn’t help but travel to Hyunseung. Junhyung was hit on the head by his boyfriend a few times before he actually turned his attention back onto the road.

“You look amazing,” Junhyung commented. They had gone to buy the clothes that Hyunseung was wearing together, yet Junhyung didn’t seem to remember how alluring Hyunseung had been. Seeing Hyunseung in the full outfit, matched with accessories and his nicely tousled hair, Junhyung just had to be distracted by the elder.

Hyunseung smiled shyly and thanked his boyfriend. “You don’t look half bad yourself,” Hyunseung replied. It was Junhyung’s turn to be shy now, and the younger male could hardly suppress the grin that was threatening to reveal itself. He settled for leaning over and giving Hyunseung a quick peck on the lips before turning back to the road.

“It probably isn’t good for me to be so distracted while driving,” Junhyung joked. Hyunseung chuckled and nodded in agreement, allowing Junhyung to drive without any purposeful distractions on his part. Junhyung was still distracted though, simply because Hyunseung was beside him. He hadn’t ever expected anything to come out of stalking the elder male, but he was glad he did so. The two would never have gotten together otherwise.

In another half hour, the couple had arrived at the restaurant. It was a little too early for their reservation so the two settled for sitting in the car and talking. It was Junhyung who started the conversation, asking about Hyunseung’s family. After all, it did seem that the elder had never really mentioned his family to Junhyung before.

“What do you want to know about them?” Hyunseung asked curiously.

“Anything and everything,” Junhyung decided, laughing as Hyunseung scowled.

Hyunseung started with his parents’ jobs, the both of them running a small restaurant downtown. He then went on to tell Junhyung about his childhood years and his sister. That was when Junhyung scoffed, clearly jealous of Hyunseung and his sister’s relationship consisting mostly of friendly banter and teasing.

Hyunseung told Junhyung about how his sister was studying fashion design, and how she dreamed of becoming a famous fashion designer with her own line. Junhyung, despite being jealous of Geurim, listened attentively. He wanted and needed to make a good impression on Hyunseung’s family and get them to accept him, even if he was a criminal.

Their conversation was cut short as the time passed too quickly, and it was already 7.56pm. Jiyong and Seunghyun were spotted walking into the restaurant, both dressed in white tees, blazers and jeans. Hyunseung sighed and stopped talking abruptly, looking as Jiyong and Seunghyun disappeared from sight.

“Come on. We’ll make that guy regret playing with you,” Junhyung said, already getting out of the car. As usual, he opened the door for Hyunseung and the couple made their way into the restaurant as well. Hyunseung’s grip on Junhyung’s hand tightened unconsciously, feeling irrationally nervous.

Junhyung eyed his boyfriend and squeezed the elder’s hand reassuringly.

“You can do this.”

Hyunseung smiled softly and nodded, determined to make Jiyong regret ever playing with him.

 

---------------------

 

Jiyong exchanged a look with Seunghyun and sighed, playing around with Seunghyun’s fingers while waiting for Junhyung to show up. He and Junhyung had met on a few occasions before, always because his parents wanted him to meet their so-called benefactor.

According to Yoochun and Junsu, Junhyung had gotten them out of a fix after they had gotten into trouble with a gang leader. They never did tell Jiyong the full details of that incident, but all Jiyong knew was that his parents owed a lot to Junhyung.

Jiyong remembered how his parents had literally forced him and Seunghyun into this meeting with Junhyung. Junhyung had called his parents out of the blue and asked for a meeting with Jiyong and Seunghyun. Of course, Yoochun and Junsu couldn’t say no to the person who saved them, thus leading to where Jiyong and Seunghyun currently were.

The door to the private room which Junhyung reserved opened and Jiyong glanced up. Seunghyun did the same and both of them watched in shock as Junhyung walked in with Hyunseung, their fingers interlaced. Jiyong’s mouth went dry as his mind processed everything. He couldn’t believe that standing in front of him was indeed Jang Hyunseung. In their freshman year, Hyunseung was just someone that Jiyong felt like playing with. But the Hyunseung standing in front of him looked completely different.

Hyunseung smirked as Jiyong gaped at him. Why wouldn’t he? In his freshman year, Hyunseung actually looked nerdy. He wore glasses with a thick black rim which wasn’t really attractive, in Jiyong’s opinion. In the three years that had passed since Hyunseung’s breakup with Jiyong, he had changed a lot. He stopped wearing glasses since he never really needed them. He had dressed better and didn’t act all shy around people. But of course Jiyong wouldn’t have known that.

Seunghyun, on the other hand, wasn’t so pleased. He wondered why exactly Hyunseung had shown up again. The main reason for his displeasure, however, was how Jiyong was looking at Hyunseung. Jiyong was too obvious in showing his emotions, and Seunghyun didn’t like it one bit. It was even worse to know that Jiyong was attracted to Hyunseung, the guy that he dumped three years back.

Junhyung tugged on Hyunseung’s hand lightly, leading the elder to the table. Hyunseung sat across Jiyong and gave the latter a disinterested look, instead turning to look at Seunghyun. “It’s been long.”

Seunghyun nodded, his brows slightly creased in annoyance at both Hyunseung and Jiyong.

“Why’d you ask us out?” Seunghyun asked Junhyung bluntly. Junhyung shrugged, flipping through the pages of the menu and asking Hyunseung what he wanted for dinner. The couple completely ignored Seunghyun, which annoyed the eldest in the room to no end.

Jiyong was snapped out of his trance as Seunghyun nudged him roughly. Seunghyun shot his boyfriend an annoyed look and Jiyong shrugged. He was too busy fawning over Hyunseung to even care about Seunghyun. At the moment, he totally regretted breaking up with Hyunseung. If only I knew how hot he could be…

After Junhyung placed his and Hyunseung’s orders, he sat back in his chair with his arms crossed. He could see that Jiyong already regretted toying around with Hyunseung. Seunghyun, however, seemed like he wanted to kill Hyunseung for getting Jiyong’s attention.

“So, Jiyong. I’ve heard from Seungie that you guys were together for about a year or so?” Junhyung asked, setting their plan into action. Hyunseung scoffed at that, genuinely pissed off that Jiyong was that materialistic. All he had to do was get some new clothes and Jiyong was almost drooling all over his feet already.

Jiyong nodded. “That’s true. I completely wouldn’t mind getting back together though. Seung, you know that I love you right?” Jiyong said, trying to convince Hyunseung of something that was a complete lie. Hyunseung rolled his eyes.

“Says the guy who turned up with his real boyfriend after a year of dating,” Hyunseung replied sarcastically. Jiyong flinched at Hyunseung’s harsh words. He only regretted playing with Hyunseung because Hyunseung was suddenly attractive. Either way, he knew that he had hurt Hyunseung a lot by playing with his feelings.

Seunghyun gaped at his boyfriend in disbelief. “Kwon Jiyong!”

Jiyong turned to look at Seunghyun. “Seunghyun, can you go back first?” Jiyong requested. The elder male could only gasp, hurt by what Jiyong said. Regardless, he stood up and left the room promptly, refusing to let anybody see him tear up like that.

The moment Seunghyun was out of earshot, Jiyong turned back to look at Hyunseung a little too eagerly. Hyunseung wasn’t going to lie – he was completely and utterly revolted by Kwon Jiyong. Without even thinking, Hyunseung brought his palm across Jiyong’s cheek.

Junhyung watched from the side as the sound of the slap resounded through the room.

Ouch.

 

------------------

 

Five minutes passed in silence. Hyunseung was glaring at Jiyong while the latter was holding onto his cheek in shock. Junhyung could only stare at Jiyong in amusement. He knew that Hyunseung was mad at Jiyong because of what he just did. Telling your boyfriend of four years to go away just because you want to flirt with someone you played with. That’s just disgusting.

Finally, Jiyong got over the shock of being slapped and smiled at Hyunseung. “It’s ok. Hit me more if you want. As long as it eases your anger, I’m fine with it. I can even break up with Seunghyun,” Jiyong told Hyunseung. Hyunseung looked at Jiyong with pure disgust written all over his features.

“You haven’t changed.”

Jiyong didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing, but he decided on the former and nodded. “Isn’t that better? Everything can go back to the way it was three years ago,” Jiyong suggested. Junhyung snorted, causing Jiyong to turn to him with a frown. “What?”

“You honestly think that Seungie will go back to a bastard like you?” Junhyung asked sceptically. He couldn’t understand how dumb or desperate a person could get. Did Jiyong honestly think that after what he did, Hyunseung would want him back? Even the idea of something like that happening was ridiculous.

“Don’t start calling people names, Junhyung. I don’t care if my parents owe you their life. What I do with Hyunseung is none of your business, so back off,” Jiyong warned. Junhyung laughed without humour. Hyunseung took a deep breath to calm himself down before he slapped Jiyong again.

“I’d like it if you could back off, Jiyong. Junhyung’s my boyfriend now, and unlike you, he cares for me,” Hyunseung snapped. His words were like a slap to Jiyong who merely deadpanned, unable to believe what Hyunseung just said.

“I’m obviously a better catch than him,” Jiyong retorted, eyeing Junhyung hostilely.

Hyunseung sent another slap across Jiyong’s cheek, this time harder than before.

“I suggest you start thinking about a way to get Seunghyun back, because there ain’t no way that I’m going back to you. Junhyung, we’re leaving this pathetic little . Let’s go,” Hyunseung ordered, standing up and stalking out of the room. Jiyong was left to stare as Junhyung followed after his boyfriend, sending Jiyong one last smirk before leaving the room.

Outside the restaurant, Hyunseung huffed and waited for Junhyung to get the car so that he could go home already. He hated Jiyong’s guts even more than before. Was I really that desperate to like someone like him?

Junhyung’s car came to a stop in front of Hyunseung and the elder immediately got into the car. As Junhyung began to drive to Hyunseung’s apartment, Hyunseung scowled at the restaurant where Jiyong was presumably still in.

“That guy is such a dickhead,” Junhyung muttered.

“You think? He completely ignored Seunghyun because he thought that he could actually get into my pants. I can’t even believe that I cried after breaking up with him,” Hyunseung rolled his eyes, arms crossed over his chest.

Junhyung shrugged. “At least you got rid of him easily. That Seunghyun guy’s stuck with him,” Junhyung pointed out. Hyunseung sighed, dismissing the topic. He didn’t want to keep talking about Jiyong since he finally got his revenge on the latter. And, although he was happy about giving Jiyong a taste of his own medicine, he felt somewhat bad for Seunghyun.

“I hope Seunghyun can find a better guy. He seems nice.”

Junhyung nodded in agreement. As the car came to a stop at a traffic light, Hyunseung turned to look at his boyfriend with a pout. Junhyung could guess that Hyunseung wanted something, and he would never be able to say no to that pout. I’m doomed.

“Dinner?”

Junhyung didn’t even reply as he changed destinations and drove towards his own home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well... I don't even know XD I did this in about two hours so it was pretty rushed. And the ending... oh well XP

This was quite fun to write, I can't deny it. That's the only reason I managed to finish it so fast, because I started on this yesterday X)

I hope you guys enjoyed this and look forward to the next update! I don't know what's gonna go on in the next chapter but I'll figure it out somehow *shrugs*

That's all. Annyeong~! ^-^