Admitting

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

After breakfast, Hyunseung and Junhyung thanked Jongwoon and bid goodbye to the others before leaving hastily. Fortunately, Hyukjae had forgotten about Junhyung after talking with Hyunseung. Junhyung had paid for the meal as a way to thank Hyunseung.

The two clambered into Junhyung’s car and both heaved a huge sigh of relief. Hyunseung turned to glare at Junhyung, narrowing his eyes at the younger male. “Junhyung, what exactly have you done besides robbing?”

Junhyung was reluctant to tell Hyunseung the truth. Who would want to admit that, besides robbing, you have also killed before? Junhyung didn’t want to ruin his friendship, or whatever he had, with Hyunseung. But at the same time, he knew that Hyunseung wouldn’t appreciate being lied to.

“I killed some people before,” Junhyung admitted in a small voice. Hyunseung widened his eyes.

“Y-y-you what?!” Hyunseung sputtered, looking at Junhyung in fear. “Why?!”

“Hey, all the people whom I killed were criminals,” Junhyung defended. Hyunseung sighed in exasperation and threw his hands up into the air.

“Ouch…” Hyunseung winced as he jarred his wrist for the nth time that day.

“But that makes you more of a criminal!” Hyunseung wailed and began to hit his head against the window. Junhyung had to pull Hyunseung back to make sure that the elder male didn’t break the windows or crack his head.

“I’ve killed rapists and robbers, but never innocent people!” Junhyung retorted. Hyunseung made a strangled sound and shook his head repeatedly.

“Let me just consult Seobie about what we should do with you,” Hyunseung said in defeat. Junhyung realised that Hyunseung wasn’t going to continue harming himself and started the car, beginning to drive to the convenience store.

On the way to the store, the two didn’t really talk. Junhyung decided to break the silence by thanking Hyunseung for helping him out earlier. If he hadn’t intervened, Hyukjae would have arrested Junhyung by now.

“Wasn’t paying for breakfast your way of thanking me?” Hyunseung asked, slightly amused. Junhyung kept his eyes on the road as he shrugged.

“I just felt that it would be more sincere if I said it in words,” Junhyung replied nonchalantly. Junhyung may not have seemed to care a lot about what he had just said but, in fact, his heart was beating rapidly. Junhyung was eternally grateful that he wasn’t blushing.

Why do I feel shy when I’m telling Hyunseung the truth? I was just saying what I felt, so why did I suddenly feel self-conscious about it? When have I ever cared about other’s opinions of me anyway? Hyunseung’s just a good friend, like Seob.

“You’re welcome,” Hyunseung said, a small smile plastered on his face. Junhyung actually thanked me? I never thought that he would be grateful to me for saving his .

Junhyung cleared his throat, feeling a little awkward after his mini confession. “If you ever need help, I’ll be more than glad to help. After all, I kind of owe you my life,” Junhyung admitted. Hyunseung nodded and accepted Junhyung’s offer. His cheeks burned and Hyunseung turned to look out the window so that Junhyung wouldn’t see him blushing.

Hyunseung thanked the heavens when they finally arrived at the convenience store and he quickly jumped off Junhyung’s car. Surprisingly, his injured wrist didn’t prove to be as much of a nuisance as he thought it would be.

Hyunseung headed into the store while Junhyung parked his car. He raised a brow when he saw that Yoseob was alone. Luckily for Yoseob, the store was empty at the moment and he greeted Hyunseung brightly.

“Hyunseung hyung!” Yoseob chirped. Hyunseung smiled and ruffled Yoseob’s hair playfully, causing the younger male to pout as his hair was messed up.

“Where are Gikwang and Dongwoon? Doojoon won’t be here till the afternoon shift,” Hyunseung informed. His sharp eyes didn’t miss the look of disappointment that flashed past Yoseob’s face before Yoseob got excited again. Seobie is just too adorable and innocent for his own good.

“They’re at the staff lounge. Gikwang wasn’t feeling well,” Yoseob answered. Hyunseung rolled his eyes, knowing exactly how Gikwang hadn’t been ‘feeling well’. He honestly wondered if the couple could last a day without having at work.

Junhyung walked into the store before Hyunseung had a chance to complain about how annoying Gikwang and Dongwoon were. Anyway, it was good that he didn’t get to say anything. Yoseob’s innocence should remain untainted.

“Hyunseung, you left your wallet,” Junhyung chided while holding up a familiar black wallet. Hyunseung widened his eyes and snatched the wallet from Junhyung, checking if his beloved family photo was still inside. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw that it was still there.

“I didn’t steal anything,” Junhyung clarified. Hyunseung dismissed the younger with a wave of his hand and stuffed the wallet into his pocket. Yoseob looked at Hyunseung in confusion.

“Why was your wallet with Junhyung hyung?” Yoseob asked curiously. Hyunseung flushed.

“We had breakfast together.”

The bell chimed, signalling that somebody had entered the store. Yoseob had to stop his interrogation and turned to find out who had entered the store.

“Jungsu hyung,” Hyunseung acknowledged. Jungsu nodded and waved to Junhyung and Yoseob, pecking Youngwoon on the cheek before chasing his fiancé away. Jungsu frowned when he noticed the absence of Gikwang and Dongwoon, and Hyunseung merely pointed to the staff lounge. Jungsu nodded in understanding.

“We should ban those two from making out during office hours,” Jungsu sighed.

“You know it won’t work,” Hyunseung pointed out. Jungsu nodded in defeat and sat down behind one of the counters, eyeing Junhyung warily.

Junhyung noticed the way the manager was glaring at him and raised a brow at Jungsu. Was he waiting for Junhyung to rob the store or something? Does he really think I’ll do that?

“Junhyung, you aren’t going to rob us again are you?” Jungsu questioned. Yoseob looked at Hyunseung and Jungsu in shock, obviously not expecting them to know that Junhyung was a robber. Junhyung rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“Let’s discuss this somewhere else during lunch,” Yoseob suggested.

 

-----------------------

 

Lunchtime came and Jungsu went for lunch with Yoseob, Hyunseung and Junhyung. They went to an eatery down the road. Hyunseung sat next to Jungsu and Yoseob sat next to Junhyung. Junhyung felt a little disappointed when Hyunseung wasn’t sitting beside him. They ordered their food before Jungsu leaned back and crossed his arms.

Junhyung didn’t feel threatened, but he didn’t exactly want to upset Jungsu. He had no idea why he would feel that way when he usually felt no remorse whenever he committed a crime. Is it because of Hyunseung’s influence? Or it is because I don’t want to make Hyunseung upset? But why?

“So why have you been hanging around Hyunseung so much?” Jungsu asked, furrowing his brows. Junhyung had no answer to that. Why had he been hanging around Hyunseung so much? He had been attracted to Hyunseung, but was the attraction strong enough to make him want to hang around Hyunseung daily?

Junhyung felt the weight of Yoseob and Hyunseung’s curious stares on him and gulped. “Well, I injured him twice and I was guilty,” Junhyung confessed. He knew that Yoseob would have his brows raised without even looking.

Jungsu nodded slowly, not sure if he should believe Junhyung. The man was a criminal. Would he actually feel guilty for injuring one guy? Jungsu highly doubted it, but he decided to give Junhyung the benefit of doubt anyway. Hyunseung seemed to think that Junhyung was a good man and Hyunseung’s judgment was pretty accurate most of the time.

“What have you done besides robbing?” Jungsu questioned. Junhyung sighed and looked at Yoseob and Hyunseung for help. They knew what he had done, and Yoseob would even know who he had killed and robbed.

“He’s killed,” Yoseob replied in a whisper, knowing that Junhyung wanted his help. Junhyung shot him a grateful look and Yoseob bit back a gasp. Junhyung had never expressed his gratitude towards anybody before. Why did Junhyung hyung change so much in the past few days?

Jungsu, who had been drinking his tea, choked and coughed. Hyunseung quickly patted Jungsu’s back and waited for his manager to recover from his shock before he sighed.

“Jungsu hyung, it isn’t like that. He only killed criminals,” Hyunseung explained, hoping that Jungsu would understand. The only problem was that Hyunseung himself hadn’t exactly accepted the fact that Junhyung was a murderer either, so why would Jungsu?

“Does that make him any less of a criminal?” Jungsu retorted. Hyunseung flinched at the harsh tone that Jungsu was using, not quite liking it. How would Junhyung feel? Hyunseung had been worried for Junhyung when he found out the truth, but Jungsu spoke in such an accusing tone that it hurt.

Junhyung stood his ground, not missing the encouraging fist pump that Hyunseung had sent his way. He smiled lightly at Hyunseung and the latter melted in his seat.

“It doesn’t. I have my reasons, and I don’t usually injure people when I rob them. I kill people who deserve it,” Junhyung shot back. “Unlike my dad,” Junhyung mumbled. Jungsu didn’t catch it, but Yoseob and Hyunseung did. Yoseob knew what Junhyung was talking about. Hyunseung, however, was clueless and wanted to find out what Junhyung’s dad did.

“I’ll be watching you. If you dare harm any of my employees, I swear I’ll kill you myself,” Jungsu warned. Hyunseung pointed out that he had already been injured by Junhyung, laughing as he did so. Jungsu merely ignored him and Hyunseung pouted. Junhyung seemed to be the only one to see the adorable pout and he felt the unexpected urge to squeal. What the heck? SQUEAL?

That seemed to be the end of the discussion. Hyunseung wanted to talk to Yoseob another day to find out how they can help Junhyung. He would probably find some time later on to speak to Yoseob in private. Hyunseung also desperately wanted to find out what Junhyung had been dreaming about in the morning.

After finishing lunch, the four walked back to the store and entered the staff lounge. Almost immediately, all four jumped back and slammed the door shut. They looked at each other and groaned.

“Why do they always have in the staff lounge? The least they could do is to lock the damn door!” Hyunseung whined. Jungsu nodded in agreement while Yoseob was shuddering. Junhyung didn’t know what to make of the situation, so he kept quiet.

Jungsu took a deep breath. “Lee Gikwang! Son Dongwoon! What in the world are you guys doing in there?!” Jungsu shrieked. “Get out or I’ll fire you!”

They waited for a good five minutes before the couple finally emerged – five long, torturous minutes of hearing their moans and screams. Gikwang didn’t look regretful in the least, but Dongwoon was panicking and fidgeting around. They had been caught dozens of times, and Dongwoon never seemed to get over the fear of being fired.

“Hyung, we… Sorry!” Dongwoon bowed as he apologised profusely. He pulled Gikwang down so that both of them were bowing and Jungsu rolled his eyes. The two could have at least attempted to look a little more presentable. Their hair was sticking out in all directions and their clothes weren’t put on properly.

“I swear I’ll really fire you guys if you do that again. Why did you leave Yoseob out here alone earlier on? We could have gotten robbed again,” Jungsu scolded. Junhyung winced, knowing that Jungsu was warning him as well. Dongwoon nodded furiously and apologised again, promising never to slack off again. Gikwang gasped and stared at his boyfriend in shock.

“Woonie!” Gikwang protested. Dongwoon paid him no heed and just opened the store, sitting behind his counter. Gikwang began to whine about how he would be ually frustrated, something that nobody wanted to know.

Someone entered the store and Dongwoon greeted the person brightly. “Doojoon hyung!”

Yoseob stiffened and waved shyly to the abovementioned male. Doojoon smiled warmly at Yoseob and waved at him, making his way over to the group outside the staff lounge.

“I bought some rice cakes for everyone,” Doojoon announced, holding up the bag with the food. He gave a packet to each person except for Junhyung, not knowing that the latter would be there. Hyunseung offered to share his with Junhyung. Rather, he forced it onto the younger male.

Jungsu watched how Doojoon nagged Yoseob for being a messy eater and how Hyunseung was smiling blissfully as he ate his rice cakes with Junhyung.

Isn’t puppy love just so sweet?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lol ok this chapter makes me feel like I'm on crack XD What's with Junhyung being interrogated and everyone being all fluffy afterwards? ._.

I think this chapter managed to let Seungie find out more about Junhyung so it's following the plot :)

I'll try to update soon, but my common tests are gonna occupy my time for the next two weeks :/ I'll type as much as I can and pray that I have a chappie out next week ><

That's all from me for now and let's just hope that I can find time for an update. Annyeong! ^^