Finding Out

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(Continued)

 

It was half past six when Hyunseung and Junhyung walked into the store. Gikwang and Dongwoon greeted their hyungs brightly, telling them that Hara had just left ten minutes ago. Hyunseung sighed and nodded, thanking them for telling him. Since the incident, he had wanted to meet up with Hara but he never seemed to have the luck to run into her.

Junhyung had offered to arrange for Hyunseung and Hara to meet up, but Hyunseung declined. He knew that Hara was most definitely hurt by Junhyung. She probably would despise Hyunseung more if Junhyung was the one who arranged for them to meet.

Sighing, Hyunseung took a bottle of green tea, paying for it and leaning against the counter as he drank. Junhyung nudged Hyunseung lightly, gaining the elder male’s attention. Hyunseung capped the bottle with slight difficulty since he wasn’t a lefthander and raised his brow. “What?”

Junhyung pointed at the unmanned counters. “Aren’t some people missing? Yoseob’s working the noon and night shifts and he told me that Doojoon was working the whole day today,” Junhyung told Hyunseung. Now that he thought of it, where were their best friends?

Gikwang and Dongwoon cleared their throats awkwardly. It seemed that Doojoon and Yoseob felt like keeping their new relationship a secret. It’s fine; the best friends of the two could find out on their own.

Hyunseung was about to demand some answers from Gikwang and Dongwoon, but Junhyung beat him to it.

“Spill: Where are our best friends?” Junhyung questioned. Gikwang shrugged and Dongwoon pretended to be cleaning the countertop. Hyunseung sighed deeply and repeated the question. This time, Dongwoon glanced up.

“Last I saw them was two hours ago. They just disappeared,” Dongwoon replied and went back to wiping the stainless counter. Hyunseung and Junhyung felt like hurling something at the youngest. If he wanted to find something to make it seem like he was occupied, at least find something more believable.

Hyunseung turned to Junhyung. “Let’s try calling them then,” Hyunseung suggested. Junhyung pulled out his phone and dialled Yoseob’s number while Hyunseung called Doojoon. Two ringtones were heard simultaneously, coming from the staff lounge. Hyunseung ended the call and slid his phone back into his pocket, eyeing the staff lounge suspiciously. Beside him, Junhyung was doing the exact same thing.

“Do you think they might be in the staff lounge?” Hyunseung questioned. Junhyung nodded in agreement and they headed towards the staff lounge together. Upon nearing the door, they heard muffled moans and both tensed instantly. It was hard to make out what exactly the people inside were , but it was obvious enough that they were having . At that realization, Hyunseung and Junhyung jumped around.

Gikwang and Dongwoon are out here. But they’re out here. Who the heck is in there?! Hyunseung shrieked the question in his mind. “B-b-b-but if you guys are out here, then who’s in there?!” Hyunseung questioned, pointing to the staff lounge. Junhyung looked a little apprehensive about hearing KiWoon’s reply but waited anyway.

“We have no idea! Sheesh! Oh, hey Jungsu hyung,” Gikwang greeted as the manager walked in. Hyunseung quickly ran up to Jungsu and pulled the manager towards the staff lounge. Gikwang and Dongwoon shared horrified looks this time, replacing the sneaky grins they were wearing previously.

“Jungsu hyung, could you please tell me who is in the staff lounge?” Hyunseung asked. Jungsu was just as confused as Hyunseung and Junhyung were. He shrugged, turning to Gikwang and Dongwoon for an explanation.

“Honestly, we don’t know who could be in there. A few friends came over and we don’t remember if they left,” Dongwoon lied. Jungsu furrowed his brows.

“I wasn’t here the past few days. I was down with a cough and Youngwoon went crazy. Since they don’t know, let’s just check,” Jungsu said and opened the door. Surprisingly enough, there wasn’t anybody in the staff lounge. However, the moans that Hyunseung and Junhyung heard from before had gotten louder. Hyunseung saw the jacket that Doojoon had worn that morning. Junhyung spotted Yoseob’s familiar beanie and scarf.

 

---------------------

 

The three whipped their heads towards the office when another moan was elicited. Jungsu groaned and rubbed his pounding temples. Whoever was in there better not be someone he knew, or that person would be dead for tainting his beautiful office.

Hyunseung and Junhyung looked at each other and something just clicked. Oh god no. Please don’t tell me that Doojoon and Seobie are in there. For the love of all that is good, please don’t tell me that.

Junhyung was just as horrified as Hyunseung was. How did the two of them progress so quickly?

Jungsu cautiously twisted the doorknob and found that it was unlocked. He threw the door open and turned away once his mind registered what he was seeing. Hyunseung wailed in distress and Junhyung could only hide Hyunseung’s face in his shoulder, burying his own face in Hyunseung’s hair in an attempt to un-see what he had just witnessed.

The entire time, Doojoon and Yoseob completely ignored everything around them as they reached their together.

It was some time before Doojoon and Yoseob finally got back to the senses, losing their ic high. They took their own sweet time to dress and as a result, Junhyung began to mutter profanities at them under his breath.

The couple walked to sit in front of the three and both raised a brow at them. “What’s up?”

“My office! My beautiful office!” Jungsu cried dramatically, falling onto his knees. He fake sobbed as he took in what used to be his office. It still was; the furniture and everything was the same. However, the atmosphere of the office was completely different. Where people used to enjoy relaxing in the office, they would now only think about the people who had in there.

“I knew something was up when I dropped by to get some documents yesterday. Nobody was here yet but my office smelt different,” Jungsu glared at Doojoon and Yoseob. “It used to have a homely smell and now it just smells like sweat and . Ugh.”

Hyunseung sighed sympathetically. He stood up and crossed his arms, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently. “I want all the details. When did this start?” Hyunseung demanded. He still couldn’t believe that Doojoon and Yoseob were having in Jungsu’s office. For goodness sake, the last he checked, Doojoon and Yoseob were just co-workers!

Some best friend I have, and to think that I treated Seobie as a beloved dongsaeng. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Neither Doojoon nor Yoseob spoke. Junhyung sighed deeply. “Yang Yoseob, tell me when this happened or I’ll reveal all your secrets to everyone,” Junhyung threatened. Yoseob paled and shook his head, not wanting Junhyung to say anything.

“Fine, I’ll tell you. This whole thing started that day when Hara kissed you and Hyunseung hyung saw. It just happened, and Jungsu hyung had the misfortune of falling sick. Until a few minutes ago, only the two outside and Hara knew,” Yoseob told them. Hyunseung gasped in mock shock.

“How could you not tell me?!” Hyunseung demanded. Doojoon shrugged and glanced at Junhyung before looking back at Hyunseung. Hyunseung noticed this and rolled his eyes. Was this Doojoon’s childish way of getting back at Hyunseung for hanging out with Junhyung more than him? That’s so damn childish, and he’s supposed to be older than me. Pfft.

“What did you do, threaten Hara not to tell me?” Junhyung asked Yoseob incredulously. Yoseob blinked at Junhyung, not understanding what his best friend was telling him. Hara didn’t tell Junhyung hyung? But she tells him everything that happens. This is weird.

Jungsu whimpered, gaining everyone’s attention. He was staring at a document that he left on the couch a few days back. It looked sticky and the folder was more translucent than it was supposed to be. Hyunseung grimaced and Junhyung gaped.

“You guys… this contained an important proposal. I was going to bring it to my superiors!” Jungsu exclaimed. “I can’t print it now, there’s no printer! You guys are banned from my office. FOREVER!”

Yoseob scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. “Sorry, Jungsu hyung.”

Jungsu shot Yoseob a scary look and the youngest in the room shrank back against his boyfriend. “Unless you find a way to reprint this in the next fifteen minutes and get it to the office in central Seoul by 7.45pm, don’t apologise to me,” Jungsu told Yoseob and Doojoon.

“I could try?” Doojoon offered. Jungsu threw a thumb drive in his face and Doojoon ran out with Yoseob in tow. Hyunseung buried his face in his hands and groaned.

“How are we going to handle two couples?”

 

----------------------

 

Needless to say, Yoseob and Doojoon didn’t get their dinner. Hyunseung, Junhyung, Gikwang and Dongwoon had gone without them, knowing that they wouldn’t be back in time. Jungsu had been slightly happier when he left than before, claiming that he was saved the trouble of traveling all the way to central Seoul.

The four employees made their way to a small eatery down the road. It was known for its tasty chicken and Hyunseung couldn’t agree more. Gikwang and Dongwoon had eaten there on a few occasions and couldn’t find a reason to disagree with Hyunseung. Junhyung just followed Hyunseung wherever he wanted to go.

 They managed to get a seat since, no matter how good the chicken was, it was just a small eatery. Hyunseung was on rather good terms with the workers there too, much to Junhyung’s surprise and displeasure.

Junhyung watched as Hyunseung ordered a few dishes and rice. The waiter, whose nametag read Taemin, wrote the orders down quickly. He then went on to converse with Hyunseung like they had known each other for ages. Gikwang snickered at Junhyung’s sour expression. The man was obviously jealous.

However, it seemed that Junhyung was oblivious to what he felt. All he knew was that he didn’t like to see that waiter near Hyunseung. He didn’t like how the two talked as if they were in their own world. He definitely didn’t like it when Taemin hugged Hyunseung a little too tightly before leaving.

Ok, so I’ve established that I actually do like Hyunseung. Then what? I don’t like seeing him be friendly with other people. Am I crazy? He’s just talking to his friends. I don’t seem to dislike it when he talks to Gikwang, Dongwoon, Yoseob, or even Doojoon!

Dongwoon tapped Junhyung’s arm lightly. “Hyung, it’s known as jealousy,” he informed the elder knowingly. Junhyung stared at Dongwoon in disbelief and shook his head. Dongwoon merely smiled and leaned against Gikwang.

Hyunseung failed to notice Junhyung’s death glare on Taemin’s back as the waiter headed back into the kitchen. He turned back to his group of friends and grinned. “So what do you think about playing a prank on Doojoon and Yoseob?”

Gikwang and Dongwoon immediately recognised the evil grin and nodded enthusiastically. They were always ready to play a prank on one of their unsuspecting friends. Junhyung wasn’t one to pass up on such amusement either, so he nodded as well.

Hyunseung held a hand up. “Let me just try to phrase this properly,” he said. He was trying to concentrate on his thoughts when four bowls of rice and two plates of chicken wings, one fried and one boiled, was set in front of him. Hyunseung’s train of thoughts was broken instantly.

“Thanks Jonghyun! Let’s eat first. I’m starving,” Hyunseung suggested. Nobody protested. Hyunseung didn’t even bother with his image as he literally rapped his prayers and dug in. Junhyung chuckled and picked a grain of rice off Hyunseung’s cheek, wiping it onto a napkin.

Hyunseung froze when he felt somebody touch his cheek and looked up slowly. He stuttered his thanks and continued eating while trying his best to ignore the heat spreading across his face and the way his heart was racing.

Gikwang pulled Dongwoon closer to him and whispered in his boyfriend’s ear, “Dongwoonie, bet you 20,000 won that Hyunseung hyung will confess first.” Dongwoon pulled away and frowned.

“No way. I’ll bet against that,” he replied softly. “What about Doojoon hyung and Yoseob hyung?”

Gikwang’s eyes lit up as he texted them. The reply came a minute later.

‘Seob insists on betting for Hyunseung, but I know my best friend. He’s a wimp, so I’ll bet on Junhyung.

From: Doojoon hyung’

“Doojoon hyung and I are going to get 20,000 won richer each, Gikwang,” Dongwoon said smugly.

Gikwang scoffed. “No way. That money’s going to be mine,” he retorted.

They were about to start an immature argument about who would be winning when Hyunseung cut them off. They both turned to him and noticed the evil grin yet again.

“So here’s what we’re going to do…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't even know what's with this XD Poor Jungsu, his office is tainted now XD

This was fun to type :D

Updates might be slower now because my mid-year exams are coming up and I CANNOT fail D: So pray hard that I have time to type :)

That's all from me now. I hope you guys enjoyed this and pls look forward to the next chappie! Annyeong~! ^^