Leave

You Make Me A Good Man

(Three days later)

 

Hyunseung and Junhyung had taken the day off to settle into their new apartment. Their furniture was set to arrive today, and Junhyung’s stuff was going to be brought over by the movers as well. It surprisingly didn’t take long to pack his stuff, with Hyunseung helping him. After all, they usually had at least five hours free everyday and if all that time was dedicated to packing, it’d take only two days since Junhyung didn’t have that much stuff.

Junhyung had gotten Yoseob to get Daehyun and Youngjae to cover for them. He and Hyunseung both didn’t feel good if they didn’t find anyone to cover their shifts, because Yoseob was pregnant and wasn’t supposed to work too long, and Gikwang and Dongwoon were busy getting ready to start school in end May.

Sitting down in the mostly empty house, Hyunseung swung his legs back and forth while waiting for the deliverymen to arrive. Junhyung was downstairs with the movers, making sure they emptied everything on the truck. There was no way he was risking them stealing his stuff.

Hyunseung turned around when he heard footsteps, raising a brow when he saw that it was two men in suits. “…and you are?” he asked warily. He still remembered the note Junhyung received about a week ago, and these men looked mighty suspicious.

“I’m Kyujong, this is Jungmin. We were sent by BoA to guard a certain Jang Hyunseung, whom we believe is you,” Kyujong informed him. Hyunseung looked at them weirdly, not having heard of such a thing. He pulled his phone out, telling the men to give him a moment while he called Junhyung. The younger male did instruct Hyunseung to tell him if there were suspicious men looking for him.

“Junnie, do you know a Kyujong and a Jungmin? They said BoA sent them.”

“Kim Kyujong and Park Jungmin?” Junhyung asked unsurely.

“What’re your full names?” Hyunseung asked, looking to the two.

“Kim Kyujong and Park Jungmin at your service,” Jungmin replied with a gentlemanly bow.

“I know them. It may be annoying to have them follow you around when you’re alone, but I wanted to be safe. I’m sorry I didn’t consult you beforehand,” Junhyung apologised. Hyunseung shook his head in disbelief but chuckled nonetheless, because really, how could I be mad at him when he’s just worried for Miracle and me?

“It’s alright, Junnie. Are you coming up anytime soon?” Hyunseung asked as two movers brought around ten boxes into the house. Junhyung hummed a reply and Hyunseung grinned. He felt weird with two strangers watching over him and just wanted Junhyung back with him as soon as possible. “Ok then, love you!” Hyunseung chirped, only hanging up after Junhyung replied with a “Love you too.”

As the movers brought another five boxes up, Junhyung entered the house and bent down to kiss Hyunseung briefly. He thanked the movers for their hard work and paid their in-charge, seeing them out before shutting the door and plopping down on the floor beside Hyunseung.

Jungmin smiled, nodding in acknowledgement at Junhyung. “It’s been a while, Junhyung. When we didn’t see you for the past half year we thought that you found a better gang but it turns out you just fell in love,” Jungmin teased. Junhyung scowled, grabbing his shoe and tossing it at the elder’s face. Kyujong laughed, hi-fiving Junhyung. Suddenly, Hyunseung felt left out and he jutted his lower lip out slightly. Noticing this, Junhyung stood up and told the two that they had some unpacking to do, and that he’d call them again if he needed them.

“Thanks again for dropping by. I hope it didn’t take up too much of your time,” Junhyung said.

Kyujong waved the younger male off and headed off with Jungmin, turning back and saying, “BoA said she’d drop by someday. She wants to meet Hyunseung-sshi and misses you. Maybe you could arrange to have dinner with her soon.” And with that, the two left to do their own things.

Hyunseung and Junhyung spent some time opening the boxes and putting them in their respective rooms before the deliverymen arrived with their new furniture. Junhyung was in charge of arranging everything while Hyunseung just sat by the kitchen counter and made sure that all their stuff was delivered. An hour later, the deliverymen finally left and Hyunseung immediately flopped onto their new bed, rolling around and beckoning Junhyung to join him.

“I love this new house!”

 

---------------------

 

By the time lunchtime came, Junhyung and Hyunseung had more or less unpacked all of Junhyung’s stuff. They only had two boxes of his left to unpack, and then they could go downstairs to get Hyunseung’s stuff.

Hyunseung stretched and yawned, checking his phone and seeing that he had a message from Doojoon saying that they were almost ready for lunch. He went over and showed it to Junhyung, asking his boyfriend if they should head off for lunch. Of course Junhyung said yes, since he didn’t want either Hyunseung or Miracle to get too hungry. After slotting one last book into the shelf, he and Hyunseung went to change before going to meet the others at the store.

When they were about to leave their new house, Hyunseung grabbed Junhyung’s hand and took his phone out. “This is a milestone in our lives,” Hyunseung reasoned though he really didn’t have to, telling Junhyung to smile for the camera. Junhyung did as told, but it was a little forced. He was still pretty worried about Jaewon and his plans. From what his father told him, he had until the second of July to leave Hyunseung and he didn’t know what Jaewon would do to achieve this goal. But no matter what, Junhyung was determined to keep Hyunseung and Miracle safe from this threat.

As he started the car, Junhyung had a feeling that something bad would happen. It’s only a five-minute drive. Nothing’s going to happen. I’m just freaking out over nothing. But no matter how much Junhyung tried to convince himself that everything was going to be fine today, his intuition told him otherwise, and his intuition was hardly wrong.

Junhyung made a turn and drove towards the store, which was about a minute away now. Suddenly, a smaller car drove up to the right of his car and turned, ever so slightly, such that it collided with Junhyung’s car, on Hyunseung’s side. Junhyung cursed as Hyunseung scooted closer to him, extremely afraid. His right hand immediately went down to his stomach protectively while his left held onto Junhyung’s arm. The other car didn’t hit them that hard, which was good because Hyunseung was unscathed.

“He… that person did that on purpose, didn’t he?” Hyunseung asked in a trembling voice. Junhyung nodded, hurriedly parking outside the store and rushing Hyunseung indoors where it was safer. The elder could hardly walk, his legs shaking with every step that he took.

Junhyung brought Hyunseung to the staff lounge, ignoring the worried looks from the others, and sat Hyunseung down on the couch. He wrapped an arm around his boyfriend and pulled him closer. Hyunseung eventually ended up on Junhyung’s lap, wrapped tightly in Junhyung’s protective arms. He whimpered, quietly crying due to the shock and fear of what just happened.

“Shh, it’s alright now. You’re safe, both of you. I won’t let anything happen to you guys,” Junhyung whispered, his heart breaking at Hyunseung’s whimpers. He knew that the elder was shaken up by that incident; heck, even he was shaken up. There was nothing he could do but comfort Hyunseung and let him cry it out.

Heechul opened the office door and peeked out, his eyes widening at the sight of Hyunseung sobbing. Junhyung looked up at him, and Heechul swore the boy looked completely at a loss about what to do. Still, Heechul had no idea what happened, so he was in no position to help. In the end, he merely pumped his fist encouragingly before disappearing back into the office.

Almost simultaneously, the door to the staff lounge opened and Yoseob walked in with Doojoon, Gikwang and Dongwoon. Yoseob, clearly unable to keep quiet, asked, “What happened?”

Yes, Junhyung understood that his best friend was worried about Hyunseung. Nonetheless, he was kind of annoyed that he couldn’t leave them alone. Can’t he see that Seungie and I aren't in the mood to talk about it?

Dongwoon sensed that Junhyung was about to snap at someone and backed out of the staff lounge. “I think we should come back later, shouldn’t we? Guys, let’s get some lunch first. We’ll buy food back for you too,” Dongwoon said. When Yoseob was about to protest, Doojoon shook his head and pulled the pregnant male out.

Gikwang shut the door to the staff lounge, but not before telling Junhyung that they’d leave the couple alone until Hyunseung was calmed down. Junhyung nodded, thanking him and Dongwoon. As soon as the four employees left, as Junhyung could tell by the wind chime, Hyunseung looked up from Junhyung’s chest and hiccupped before burying his face in Junhyung’s chest once more.

Junhyung sighed, patting the elder’s back.

This is going to be a long two months.

 

--------------------

 

In the end, Junhyung and Hyunseung left the store right after the others brought lunch back for them. None of them blamed the couple of course. It was obvious that they went through something quite scary and Hyunseung was still rather shaken up. It was difficult to even get the elder into the car, and with good reason.

Junhyung sighed when Hyunseung continued refusing to get in the car and handed his car keys to Doojoon. “Drive it back for me later, alright? The passenger side is a little busted though. I might have to get a new car,” Junhyung said with a heavy sigh.

Doojoon nodded, taking the keys and putting it in his back pocket. “Take care of my best friend.”

Junhyung snorted; as if he needed Doojoon to tell him. “Yeah. See you tomorrow,” Junhyung said, waving to the four. He wrapped an arm around Hyunseung’s waist and made sure the elder was glued to him before they began their walk back home. The entire time, Junhyung made sure that he was shielding Hyunseung from the road. For all he knew, Jaewon could try to run them down and he couldn’t have Hyunseung getting hit.

It took them slightly over thirty minutes to make it back to their apartment block safely, opting to walk the longer and safer way instead. By the time they entered their new apartment, it was past 2.30pm and Hyunseung could say that he was starving, despite his lack of an appetite. He knew that no matter how shaken up he was, he had to eat his meals.

He sat down at their dining table with Junhyung, shakily picking up his chopsticks and opening the packet of bibimbab. Junhyung saw that Hyunseung was still trembling and took the elder’s chopsticks, picking up a piece of meat and holding it to Hyunseung’s mouth. “Say ah.”

Hyunseung didn’t complain, quietly letting Junhyung feed him. He wasn’t in any condition to do much, really. They’d intended to move his stuff up from downstairs, but now Hyunseung just wanted to sleep. A nap would really be useful to quell his fears.

The moment Hyunseung finished his food, he got up and headed to their bedroom. “I’m going to take a nap. Join me?” Hyunseung asked in a small voice. Junhyung nodded, already planning to do so. He probably wouldn’t sleep though, instead just holding Hyunseung while the elder slept.

Junhyung threw away the empty food packets before climbing into bed, pulling the sheets up and holding Hyunseung tightly. Hell, Seungie’s still trembling and he’s going to start crying again, Junhyung thought as he heard a sniffle. He knew that Jaewon wanted to deal with him by making sure that he and Hyunseung couldn’t be together, but he couldn’t believe it was working. Junhyung’s weak spot was Hyunseung and he really hated when Hyunseung was hurt.

If Jaewon knows about Miracle, then it’s obvious that he’s trying to make Seungie miscarry. I can’t let that happen, but the only way to stop Jaewon is to leave. We can’t possibly beat his army. Junhyung suppressed a groan. He couldn’t believe that he was even contemplating leaving Hyunseung. But the reality was that it was the best way to keep both Hyunseung and Miracle safe. The car accident was just Jaewon showing Junhyung that he was serious. He was capable of so much more than that.

Junhyung hated to make a decision like this but he had no choice. His priority was to protect Hyunseung and Miracle, even if he and Hyunseung would get emotionally hurt in the process. Hyunseung would want Miracle to be safe, Junhyung knew that much.

During the three or so hours that Hyunseung napped, Junhyung began to make plans.

Plans to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well damn, I update and this happens. Yes, the drama and angst is about to begin. The drama kinda already began, I guess, but there's more to come!

Poor Seung's still so shaken up D: This was planned though, just saying. It was totally planned but it's still kinda depressing :(

So Jun has 2 months (minus three days) left! This is really gonna be a depressing few chapters to write, seriously >< Still, I already did plan for this to happen right from the start of the story. It was bound to happen eventually... :/

On a brighter note, I finally finished my yewook fic! I'm gonna start a MyungJong fic soon (in two or so months? I don't really know) so to all my fellow MyungJong shippers, please support it~! :)

That's all from me for now, I hope you guys aren't too upset by that last line up there. I'll be back on Thursday because I'll be off on a cruise on Friday! Look forward to the next update and upvote for that bonus chapter! Annyeong~! ^^