Determination

You Make Me A Good Man

(A few days later)

 

“Junnie what do I wear?” Hyunseung wailed. Literally. He was in tears.

Junhyung panicked a little, not even knowing why Hyunseung was crying. It wasn’t as if he didn’t have enough clothes to choose from, because Hyunseung had more clothes than Junhyung. It also wasn’t as if there was a strict dress code for dinner at his parents’ restaurant. Really, what was Hyunseung so damn stressed over?

Junhyung went over to Hyunseung’s side of the closet and picked out a polo tee, along with a pair of skinny jeans. He handed the set over to Hyunseung and the elder immediately began to bawl. Well this isn’t good…

Throughout the past four or so weeks since learning that they were pregnant, Junhyung hadn’t really made Hyunseung cry. Heck, he never even indirectly made the elder cry. Usually Hyunseung would cry when he got a scare or when someone made an insensitive comment, the latter of which Junhyung steered clear of. He had no idea what he did to make Hyunseung cry even harder than he already was. He looked at the set of clothes and realization dawned upon him.

Curse you, skinny jeans. Curse you to hell.

Hyunseung had begun getting more conscious about his body, specifically his belly. It wasn’t that he was showing that much. Only when Hyunseung wore a tight shirt could the bump be seen properly, and even then it wasn’t easy to tell that there was a bump. But Hyunseung insisted that he was getting fat since his stomach had always, always, been flat. Whenever Junhyung told him that the bump wasn’t very visible, Hyunseung would just pout and retort that it was. At the very least, he didn’t cry then, unlike now.

“Seungie, why not just wear normal jeans then?” Junhyung offered, already holding out said pair of jeans. Hyunseung sniffled and took the piece of clothing from Junhyung before changing into the set of clothes and looking in the mirror.

“Are you sure this is alright? I don’t want to make a bad impression,” Hyunseung asked.

“It’s alright, I promise. Besides, I’m wearing casual clothes too. It isn’t as if she’s picky about what you wear, Seung. As long as you’re nice, she’ll like you,” Junhyung assured. Hyunseung picked at the hem of his shirt, feeling extremely self-conscious although he knew that his baby bump was barely visible. He didn’t even understand why he was so conscious about it. Damned hormones.

Junhyung heaved a sigh of relief when Hyunseung stopped bawling and wiped his tears away. He absolutely hated to see Hyunseung cry. It had to be one of his least favourite things ever. Although Hyunseung had stopped crying for the time being, Junhyung could tell that the pregnancy hormones were beginning to show. Hyunseung had snapped at him last night because he couldn’t find a single pizzeria which was still open at two in the morning.

“Are we driving there?” Hyunseung asked in a small voice. He was still rather afraid of being in a car since the incident a few days ago, so Junhyung and him usually walked to work and back. Besides, Junhyung wanted to get a new car since the passenger door of his current car was pretty dented.

“We have more than an hour to get there. I’m sure taking the public transport will be fine,” Junhyung replied gently. He knew perfectly well that Hyunseung would probably cry if he had to take a car. He just wasn’t ready for that yet. He’s so vulnerable right now and I have to do whatever it takes to make him feel safe, Junhyung decided. He was determined to avoid taking a car for as long as Hyunseung needed.

Hyunseung beamed and grabbed his bag, dumping a carton of strawberry milk in, along with his phone and wallet. Junhyung raised a questioning brow. “I’m sure your parents don’t mind buying strawberry milk for you, Seung. This is going to be heavy,” Junhyung pointed out.

Hyunseung furrowed his brows and shook his head. “I don’t want to trouble them and besides, this carton expires in two days. I might as well start drinking it today,” he countered. “But you’re right, Junnie. It is going to be heavy! That’s why you’ll carry it for me, won’t you?” Hyunseung asked, blinking cutely at his younger boyfriend with a pout. Junhyung gaped openly at Hyunseung, unable to believe that Hyunseung was doing this to him. He remembered thinking that Hyunseung’s pout would be a trump card against him, but he didn’t think the elder would use it for things like this!

Nonetheless, Junhyung slung the bag over his shoulder and gestured to the door. Hyunseung grinned, pecking Junhyung on the lips before going to put on his shoes. Junhyung sighed, shaking his head in defeat as he followed behind Hyunseung.

 

-------------------

 

“Junhyung, I’ve missed you!”

Junhyung looked unimpressed, walking over to BoA with Hyunseung close by his side. The couple entered the private room and Hyunseung shut the door behind him, already bowing to BoA. He was really awed by her presence because it was stronger than anyone else in his social circle. Junhyung, on the other hand, went over to give her a quick hug before seating Hyunseung and himself.

“Hyunseung-sshi, it’s nice to finally meet you,” BoA said with a smile. “Kyujong and Jungmin have both said a lot about you,” she added. Hyunseung blushed a little, eyeing the two men who were standing behind BoA. They smiled sheepishly and mouthed an apology.

Turning to Junhyung, BoA clucked her tongue disapprovingly. “Now how did you get someone like him on your heel?” she questioned, knowing that Junhyung would understand. Hyunseung looked at his boyfriend in confusion. Junnie never told me who was after us.

Junhyung noticed the look on Hyunseung’s face. “This guy is a leader of the biggest gang in South Korea. I don’t know why he’s after us, but I won’t let him hurt you or Miracle,” Junhyung said. Hyunseung bit his lower lip and nodded, trusting Junhyung. He didn’t notice the way Junhyung looked away from him to hide the pained look in his eyes.

Jaewon may not hurt you, but I will.

BoA raised a brow when Junhyung gave her a look, signalling that he would talk to her again about the details. She understood almost immediately that Hyunseung didn’t know much, and Junhyung wanted to keep it that way. So she nodded and pressed the button for the waiter.

“What would you like to eat, Hyunseung-sshi?” she asked.

“You can drop the sshi, BoA noona,” Junhyung told her. BoA shrugged, fine with anything. She let Hyunseung and Junhyung choose what they wanted to eat, beckoning Kyujong and Jungmin over so she could speak to them. The two guards bent down on either side of her.

“Yes?”

“Bring Hyunseung back later. Junhyung and I have something to discuss in private, it seems.”

Both of them nodded in unison. “Shall we come back for you later then?”

BoA shook her head, waving them off. “I’ll be fine.”

They nodded again and went back to stand at their posts, just as Geurim walked in. “Oppa!”

Hyunseung turned towards the door and smiled widely, opening his arms wide for a hug. Junhyung rolled his eyes as Geurim hugged Hyunseung tightly. He muttered something about her being unprofessional, and Geurim stuck her tongue out at him. “You’re just jealous.”

Junhyung scoffed, despite that being the truth. Geurim straightened up and stood Hyunseung, noting down his and Junhyung’s orders. She also took BoA’s orders before bowing and leaving the room. Hyunseung nudged Junhyung, grinning at the younger. “Jealous?”

“Shut it, Seungie,” Junhyung grumbled.

Hyunseung shook his head and wrapped his arms around Junhyung. “I don’t want to.”

Kyujong and Jungmin looked at Hyunseung weirdly. “Excuse you, Hyunseung. We’re in the room too!”

BoA waved them off. “Let them. You guys do this in front of me all the time.”

“We don’t!”

“You do!” Hyunseung retorted. Kyujong and Jungmin looked at each other and heaved a sigh of exasperation, giving up on arguing with the two. BoA and Hyunseung hi-fived each other victoriously, both grinning at Kyujong and Jungmin. Seeing this, Junhyung smiled sadly. Luckily for him, Hyunseung didn’t notice it.

“I see you’re both getting along well,” Junhyung remarked. BoA and Hyunseung nodded in agreement, and Junhyung sighed inwardly. It wasn’t that he was jealous; that only happened with Geurim, for some reason. Junhyung had only about eight weeks left before he had to leave. With BoA being one of the only people who would know his plans, she would have to be one of those to take care of Hyunseung in his place. It depressed him to think about leaving but it had to be done.

Geurim walked back in with their drinks and told them to wait patiently. Then she left again, but not forgetting to tease Junhyung by hugging Hyunseung once more. Junhyung scowled, wondering what Geurim even had against him.

The dinner flew by in a breeze, with BoA and Hyunseung making idle chat and teasing Junhyung rather often. At the end of the night, Junhyung was pretty grumpy but nonetheless told Hyunseung to be careful on his way home.

Hyunseung looked at his boyfriend in confusion. “Aren’t we heading back together?”

“BoA noona has something to say to me in private. I’ll be back only a bit after you, don’t worry,” Junhyung assured, lying through his teeth. He felt terrible for lying to Hyunseung but he couldn’t have the elder knowing what he was planning. “Kyujong and Jungmin will accompany you.”

Hyunseung looked positively downcast, his bright mood from a minute ago completely disappearing. “Alright then,” he said sadly, a permanent pout on his face.

Junhyung sighed and placed a kiss on Hyunseung’s forehead. “I won’t take long and I’ll be back before you know it.” Hyunseung nodded and grabbed his bag, waving to Junhyung as he exited the restaurant with Kyujong and Jungmin.

 

--------------------

 

BoA stared in shock at Junhyung, unable to believe what he just told her. “No! I refuse!”

“But noona, you know I trust you. Just do me this one last favour. I won’t ask you to do anything else for me ever again,” Junhyung promised. BoA shook her head adamantly, sticking to her decision. She had no idea how Junhyung could come up with such a dumb solution, but she wasn’t going to help him on this. She liked Hyunseung and she didn’t think she could keep something like this from him, if she was supposed to look after him in Junhyung’s place. She would probably just tell him everything.

“Junhyung, you know I’d love to help you but I won’t be able to keep it from Hyunseung,” BoA said truthfully. Junhyung groaned in frustration, not at BoA but more at himself. He could see that while BoA agreed that Jaewon was a threat, she didn’t agree with his way of handling it. He knew that leaving would just mean that Jaewon had won, but he had no other choice.

“I’ll just find someone else to help then. But please, noona, keep it from him. Please.”

BoA sighed but nodded nonetheless. She didn’t think that Jaewon would stoop to such a low level just because his sister complex made him crazed, but the reality was that Jaewon would go all out to separate Junhyung and Hyunseung. She admitted that Junhyung giving in probably wasn’t the best idea but there was simply nothing they could do against him. If they could protect Hyunseung 24/7 then fine, Jaewon wouldn’t be able to hurt him but they couldn’t possibly do that, could they?

“Kyujong and Jungmin will continue to guard him. They could probably look after him for you, can’t they?” BoA asked. Junhyung bit his lip, something he rarely did unless he was extremely distressed. He trusted Kyujong and Jungmin, yes, but they had their own lives too. He wasn’t going to make them devote all their time to taking care of Hyunseung and Miracle. I need to find at least one other trustworthy person to help me.

“If they don’t mind, I’d like that,” Junhyung said, nodding slightly to himself. “I’ll be off now, noona. I’m not sure when we’ll next meet but take care.”

BoA scoffed. “Shouldn’t I be saying that to you?” she questioned, walking over to hug Junhyung. Junhyung heard a sniffle and instinctively knew that BoA was crying. “Don’t get yourself killed. The people there are harsh. You stupid babo, why do this to yourself?”

“Seungie and Miracle need to be safe. I won’t be able to live with myself if I’m the one endangering them. If I follow through with my plan, Jaewon will know that there’s absolutely no way that I’ll meet Seungie,” Junhyung explained, patting BoA on the back soothingly and pulling back from the hug. He bowed, thanking BoA for everything that she’s done for him so far, before leaving the restaurant and heading back home where Hyunseung was waiting for him.

On the way home, Junhyung pulled his phone out and scrolled through his list of contacts. Who can I possibly get to help me? Most of the people I know aren’t trustworthy. I can’t possibly tell Seob and the others anything.

Looking through the list again, Junhyung stopped at a certain name. He dialled the number and waited for the person on the other end to pick up. This was one person he could trust, and it wouldn’t be too burdensome either. The good thing was that Hyunseung knew him, too.

“I need your help.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junhyung is really leaving, no kidding. But who's this person he called? Well, I'm probably not gonna reveal it soon but you guys can guess!

Hmm, I'll be on a cruise the next couple days, that's why I updated this today. I'll update again next weekend, but the following update MIGHT be a little late because I'm heading to Malaysia for a week ._. I hope I won't take too long to get the chapter out though ><

I hope you guys enjoyed this and look forward to the next chapter! Can anyone figure out Junhyung's plan? No hints XP

That's all from me for now and I gotta leave for work in like a half hour. Upvote for the bonus chapter (which I haven't started on :/) and comment! Annyeong~! ^-^