Day Out

You Make Me A Good Man

 

(A few days later)

 

Hyunseung groaned as he was dragged around by Junhyung. Ever since Junhyung had kind of figured out what Hyunseung felt for him, he had stuck around the latter. It wasn’t as if Hyunseung didn’t enjoy Junhyung’s company – he loved it, in fact – but Junhyung could be really clingy at times.

The two were currently at the cinema and Hyunseung was picking out a movie to watch. Junhyung just stared at Hyunseung’s face, causing the other to blush slightly in embarrassment. “Is there something on my face?” Hyunseung asked. Junhyung shook his head, clearly in a daze.

Why didn’t I ever notice that he acts so… self-conscious around me? But he’s a guy! Yong Junhyung, what’s wrong with you? Didn’t you promise yourself that you would be straight? Oh wait, you told yourself that you were gay a few days ago.

Junhyung sighed and thought back to a few days ago, when Hyunseung had seen Hara kissing him. Their dinner was slightly awkward, but Junhyung found that he could remember every detail clearly. That was the day that realisation dawned upon him.

 

[Flashback]

Junhyung and Hyunseung ate their ramen in silence. Neither knew what to say to each other, so they settled for stuffing the noodles into their mouths as quickly as possible. Hyunseung had finished first and leaned back against the chair, staring at the object of his affection.

Junhyung felt slightly shy when he saw Hyunseung staring at him. Suddenly, Hyunseung burst out into laughter. Junhyung swore to himself that Hyunseung’s laughter was the most amazing sound ever. He looked up and raised a brow.

“What?”

Hyunseung continued laughing as he pointed to his chin. Junhyung was plain confused. When Hyunseung realised that Junhyung didn’t get his message, Hyunseung leaned across the table and towards Junhyung. The pad of Hyunseung’s thumb brushed across Junhyung’s chin and the younger male froze. His heart thudded loudly in his chest and he found his face heating up.

“You had a piece of noodle on your chin,” Hyunseung explained, no longer laughing although a small smile was still on his face. Junhyung thanked Hyunseung and continued eating, trying his best to hide his beet red face from Hyunseung.

Nobody’s ever made me feel this way before. What do I feel for Hyunseung? Aish, I don’t care!

Junhyung hurriedly finished his dinner and drank the soup, desperate to get out of Hyunseung’s company and sort his thoughts out. Did he dare to admit that he liked Hyunseung? Junhyung groaned out loud, frustrated with himself for being such a wimp. Why didn’t he just admit it to himself? He liked Hyunseung, yet he refused to believe so.

Hyunseung blinked at Junhyung in shock, surprised by the sudden outburst. “Should we get going? I’ll call Doojoon and tell him that I’m heading home first.” Junhyung nodded and they headed to the car park where Junhyung’s car was parked.

Twenty minutes later, Hyunseung had been sent home and Junhyung was on the way back to his own house. Was it possible for Junhyung to admit his feelings? He didn’t know. He threw himself onto his bed the very moment he reached home and shouted into his pillow.

Junhyung thought back to how his heart had sped when Hyunseung wiped the noodle off his chin, how he had turned red when he embarrassed himself in front of Hyunseung, and how he actually felt guilty whenever he hurt Hyunseung. Junhyung bit back a gasp.

“I like Hyunseung,” Junhyung said to himself. “Oh god.”

And the rest of the night was spent tossing and turning. Junhyung just couldn’t seem to fall asleep. He had been stupid for so long, not wanting to be true to himself. In the end, fate had a way of playing with him.

It was long before Junhyung actually did fall asleep, and even in his sleep he dreamt of Hyunseung.

[End of flashback]

 

Ever since Junhyung had realised that he liked Hyunseung, he had hung around the elder male more than usual. It was a good thing that Jungsu didn’t ask Junhyung to cover Hyunseung’s shifts daily, so he had quite some free time.

Junhyung didn’t tell Hyunseung though. He knew that Hyunseung liked him, that much was obvious. But he didn’t know if he could commit to a serious relationship. In the past, Junhyung had flings and his relationship with Hara wasn’t serious. Heck, Junhyung didn’t even see Hara romantically.

 

-----------------------

 

Junhyung was brought back to reality when Hyunseung poked his cheek multiple times. “Yeah?”

“Let’s watch that!” Hyunseung exclaimed, pointing at some action film. Junhyung didn’t really care about what they watched so he nodded and they went to buy their tickets. The movie that Hyunseung had chosen was surprisingly popular and there were only couple seats left. When they heard that, Hyunseung and Junhyung shared an awkward smile.

“No problem. We’ll get the couple seat then,” Junhyung decided, not wanting to wait for the next show timing. The lady behind the counter nodded and Junhyung paid, much to Hyunseung’s annoyance. He wanted to pay, but Junhyung had refused and handed a few notes to the lady.

Hyunseung took the tickets from the lady and thanked her before walking off. Junhyung hastily kept his wallet and ran to Hyunseung, grabbing the other male’s arm to stop him. “Hyunseung, what’s wrong? You can pay for our lunch if you really want to,” Junhyung suggested. Hyunseung’s frown immediately disappeared and he grinned.

“Arasso!”

They walked into the movie theatre after showing their tickets to the security. They made their way to the couple seats at the second last row and Hyunseung sighed. How was he going to sit beside Junhyung for ninety solid minutes?!

The movie started in a few minutes and already Hyunseung found that he couldn’t concentrate on watching. The only thing that he thought about was the fact that Junhyung was sitting beside him. It wasn’t as if they hadn’t sat together before, but watching a movie with the person you like and sitting in a couple seat together was different. It was a whole new level of sitting together.

Junhyung, however, wasn’t as edgy as Hyunseung was. He was a little nervous, and that was about it. He tried to subtly grab onto Hyunseung’s hand, but Hyunseung had jerked his hand away once Junhyung’s fingers made contact with it. Junhyung sighed inwardly. Hyunseung was just as bad as him when it came to expressing his feelings.

If I realised my feelings earlier, this wouldn’t be so hard. It’s just holding his hand, for goodness sake! Why did Hyunseung pull his hand back?

It was hard to lie and say that Junhyung wasn’t mildly hurt by Hyunseung’s subconscious actions. He couldn’t quite believe that Hyunseung had such an effect on him already, even though they’ve only known each other for about ten days.

Hyunseung didn’t know why he had pulled his hand back when Junhyung’s fingers touched him. He had always wanted to hold Junhyung’s hand, but he couldn’t understand why Junhyung was trying to hold his hand. Does Junhyung honestly feel anything for me? Why else would he try to hold my hand?

Hyunseung was confused, that’s for sure. Junhyung hadn’t shown any signs of affection towards him, apart from being clingy the past few days. Still, Hyunseung had thought nothing of it. He had guessed that Junhyung was only feeling lonely and wanted his accompaniment.

The two of them pretended to be engrossed in watching the movie, but kept sneaking glances at each other when the other wasn’t looking. Once, they accidentally made eye contact and both blushed, embarrassed that they had been caught by the other.

By the end of the movie, Hyunseung was itching to get out of the theatre. He was being particularly jumpy and once the credits played, he bolted out of his seat and exited the theatre. Junhyung stared at the empty seat beside him and sighed. He got up and walked out calmly, taking his phone out to call Hyunseung and ask him where on earth he ran to. Junhyung had managed to get Hyunseung’s number the day after he realised his feelings.

Junhyung tapped his foot as he waited for Hyunseung to pick up. “Junhyung, I’m at the restaurant opposite of the cinema. Sorry for running out like that. I, uh, needed the toilet.”

Junhyung scoffed at the blatant lie and headed towards the abovementioned restaurant. He spotted Hyunseung almost instantly and sat down in front of Hyunseung. Junhyung noticed that there were no menus on the table and raised a brow. “How are we supposed to order?”

“About that… I already ordered. Don’t worry. I ordered fish and chips for both of us and as far as I know, you’re fine with that. Right?” Hyunseung asked worriedly. Junhyung shrugged and nodded. Hyunseung visibly relaxed and smiled.

Junhyung could just melt from that breath taking smile.

 

--------------------------

 

After lunch, Junhyung drove him and Hyunseung to the nearby park. After Junhyung parked the car, he and Hyunseung walked through the park and ended up in front of a pond. Junhyung pulled out a bag of what seemed like bread crumbs and handed it to Hyunseung.

“You said that you liked feeding ducks, didn’t you?” Junhyung asked. Hyunseung smiled and nodded, and Junhyung could feel his insides melting all over again. Hyunseung had mentioned that he liked feeding ducks by the pond after dinner the other day, while Junhyung was driving him back home.

He remembers that? I was just making small talk. I can’t believe he remembers. Even Doojoon doesn’t remember and he’s known me for such a long time!

Hyunseung was touched by Junhyung’s thoughtfulness. He sat down on the grass and grabbed a handful of bread crumbs before throwing them into the pond, near the ducks. The ducks swarmed towards the bread crumbs and snatched them up hungrily. Hyunseung laughed at the ducks desperately trying to get some of the bread crumbs. He liked feeding ducks because watching them was relaxing. He often visited the park near the store when he was free to de-stress.

Junhyung couldn’t help but smile when he saw how happy Hyunseung was. He plopped down on the grass beside Hyunseung and watched the elder male continuously throw bread crumbs into the pond. Hyunseung suddenly shoved the bag to Junhyung and the latter raised a brow at Hyunseung.

“Try it. It’s a great way to relieve stress. I did tell you that this is my own method of relaxing, didn’t I?” Hyunseung questioned. Junhyung nodded and took some bread crumbs from the bag. He tossed them into the pond and he watched the ducks devour the bread crumbs with interest.

Hyunseung’s right. This is surprisingly relaxing, Junhyung admitted to himself. He and Hyunseung began taking turns to throw bread crumbs into the water. They got up and disposed of the empty bag when they used up all the bread crumbs, strolling in the park together. They had time, anyway.

Junhyung attempted to hold Hyunseung’s hand again, and this time he succeeded. Hyunseung tried to pull his hand back but Junhyung had a strong grip on his hand, and Hyunseung soon gave up trying. Junhyung mentally cheered when Hyunseung stopped pulling his hand away.

They made their way to a bench and sat down, admiring the scenery around them. The park was beautiful. The trees stood tall and flowers were beginning to bloom again. Winter was coming to an end and spring was about to begin. And all good things happen in spring.

A sudden cold breeze blew past them and Hyunseung shivered. He totally regretted not wearing a thicker shirt or at least something with long sleeves. Sensing this, Junhyung got up and told Hyunseung that he’d be right back before he sprinted off.

Where’s he going? Hyunseung wondered as he stared after Junhyung’s back. Hyunseung rubbed his hands together and tried to blow some hot air onto them in a futile attempt to keep himself warm. It wasn’t until seven minutes later that Junhyung returned with a paper bag. Hyunseung stared at the said bag curiously as Junhyung sat back down beside him.

“I got us peppermint mocha latte,” Junhyung told Hyunseung, slightly out of breath from running to the nearest café and back. He took the cups out of the bag and handed one to Hyunseung. The elder male took it from Junhyung gratefully, warming his hands up with the hot drink.

Hyunseung took a short three minutes to finish the drink, nearly scalding his tongue as he chugged the contents of the cup. He sighed contentedly when he no longer felt cold and thanked Junhyung for running all the way to a café and back just because he had been cold.

“It’s nothing. Do you want to get back to the store? We could have dinner with the others,” Junhyung said. Hyunseung nodded and they headed back to Junhyung’s car. The drive to the store was quiet as Hyunseung had fallen asleep. They had gone to the heart of Seoul, which was about an hour and a half away from the store. In fact, the two had met at 9am and left Hyunseung’s house immediately.

Junhyung glanced sideways at Hyunseung’s peaceful sleeping face. He resisted the urge to caress the other’s cheek and sighed. How had he fallen so deep without even realising it?

Thinking back about the day out, Junhyung found a smile gracing his lips. He decided there and then that hanging out with Hyunseung was the most fun thing to do ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be honest I'm done with the next chapter but I won't post it nyahahahaha XD Evil that way X)

This chapter was just weird and fluffy and I feel like puking rainbows all over it cuz this has to be the fluffiest chapter so far :D

I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I'm posting this while wallowing in self-pity so... yeah. Yesung's gonna enlist aft SS5 Seoul, or so he said. As an ELF, I'm pretty sad. And because Yesung's my bias, I'm depressed... ><

Well obviously I'll update on time next week! :) Annyeong! ^^