Buffet

You Make Me A Good Man

(Continued)

 

Junhyung was punctual in picking Yoseob up, and he started towards Hyunseung and Doojoon’s apartment. Beside him, Yoseob was fidgeting endlessly and Junhyung could only tolerate seeing his best friend for that long before getting fed up.

“What’s your problem?” Junhyung snapped. Yoseob flinched and smiled sheepishly at his best friend, apologising for being annoying. Junhyung just sighed and repeated his question, feeling slightly worried for his best friend.

“I just… I don’t really care about weeklies and all, but Doojoon and I have been together for five days and I want to surprise him somehow. It could be our private celebration, you know?” Yoseob asked, biting on his lower lip nervously.

Junhyung rolled his eyes. That’s why he was so fidgety? Sheesh.

“Do something that he likes to do. Now shut up and let me concentrate,” Junhyung ordered, effectively ending the conversation. In his seat beside Junhyung, Yoseob pouted.

But I know that too!

Yoseob did as told and kept quiet for the remainder of the ride to Hyunseung and Doojoon’s apartment. When they arrived, Yoseob quickly moved to the back so that he could sit with his boyfriend. Hyunseung and Junhyung could only look on bitterly, wanting to be able to show affection to each other as well without receiving stares from the others.

Hyunseung, once again, rode shotgun. Junhyung asked for the address of the place where they were going for dinner and Hyunseung gave him a slip of paper. Gikwang and Dongwoon had planned the celebration and none of the rest knew what was going to happen. All they knew was that they were going to have dinner together.

Jungsu had been kind enough to let all of them have the day off claiming that Sungmin, Kyuhyun and some other friends could cover for them. Naturally, all of them were extremely grateful to him and promised to work harder, even Junhyung.

When Junhyung finally arrived at the address of the place where they were celebrating, he could only gape. Apparently, Gikwang and Dongwoon had sponsors, because they were currently at one of the top hotels in Seoul. Junhyung hadn’t even realised it when he looked at the address.

Damn, this place is grand. It’s a good thing I never robbed them before, Junhyung thought in relief, parking the car and getting off. He locked the car after everyone was out and they headed to the lobby of the hotel.

Gikwang and Dongwoon were comfortably seated in two of the velvety chairs, talking and laughing with each other. They stood up when they spotted their friends walking towards them, and it was all Hyunseung could do to restrain himself from yelling at them – in excitement.

“How’d you even afford this?!” Hyunseung questioned, trying to keep his voice as low as possible to avoid disturbing other people. Gikwang and Dongwoon looked at each other, and then at Hyunseung. It was Gikwang who spoke first, saying that his uncle owned the hotel.

“WHAT?” four voices chorused, completely shocked. Their eyes widened to almost double their original sizes and gaped at Gikwang in disbelief.

“Why would you even work at the store then?” Doojoon demanded, refusing to believe that Gikwang was speaking the truth. Gikwang turned to look at Dongwoon and a small smile crept onto his face.

“Dongwoonie was working there, and he didn’t want to give his job up. My relatives all tell me to do whatever I want as long as it’s legal, and I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend,” Gikwang replied honestly. Dongwoon returned the smile lovingly and Yoseob pretended to gag.

“Ok, stop it. We get it.”

Just then, a middle-aged man walked towards them. Gikwang and Dongwoon both bowed to the man respectfully but the man waved them off with a frown. “How many times do I need to repeat myself? Stop bowing to me,” he chided, and the couple could only look at him sheepishly.

“Uncle Yunho, these are my friends,” Gikwang introduced. “That’s Hyunseung hyung, Doojoon hyung, Junhyung hyung and Yoseob hyung.”

Yunho smiled at them warmly. “I’m Gikwang’s uncle, and also the owner of this hotel. Nice to meet you,” he said. The four bowed to him and Yunho sighed. “Stop that, I told you!”

“Anyway, we’ll be heading to the buffet restaurant now,” Gikwang informed his uncle. Yunho nodded and pointed to the direction of the buffet restaurant. Gikwang shook his head with a chuckle. “I know where it is, Uncle Yunho.”

Yunho took his leave and Gikwang led the rest to the buffet restaurant. If not for the fact that they were all still in shock, Hyunseung would have been super excited. After all, he did like free buffets.

 

------------------------

 

The six went to the private room that had been reserved by Gikwang. Dongwoon and Yoseob sat down while the other four went to take food. Hyunseung and Junhyung couldn’t even believe how spoilt the ‘girls’ were. Can’t they even take their own food?

The two sighed in unison as they grabbed rice, meat, veggies, drinks, and more meat. They then returned to the room and began to grill their meat without waiting for Gikwang and Doojoon.

Yoseob and Dongwoon were chatting away about something related to the surprise that Yoseob wanted to plan. Hyunseung raised a brow at this and Junhyung merely shrugged. “He says that he wants a private celebration. It’ll be on their first week anniversary,” Junhyung explained when Hyunseung tilted his head in thought. How can this guy be so cute? I mean… just look at him!

Junhyung cleared his throat to prevent himself from squealing and took a piece of meat that was cooked, placing it on Hyunseung’s plate. The elder male thanked Junhyung with a small smile and Dongwoon and Yoseob stopped their conversation.

“Aww…” Dongwoon and Yoseob cooed at the same time. Hyunseung glared at them to shut them up before taking a piece of meat for Junhyung as well. Junhyung felt his cheeks heat up slightly, and he knew that it wasn’t because of the heat being given out by the grill.

Dongwoon and Yoseob cooed yet again and they began snapping photos, like the paparazzi do.

“Yah!” Hyunseung yelled, embarrassed that everything he and Junhyung were doing was being photographed. The two shrugged, gave each other a look, and continued to take pictures.

“It’s for your wedding,” Dongwoon explained while looking through the thirty over pictures that he had just taken. He and Yoseob began to discuss which pictures were good and should be kept while the couple-to-be groaned in embarrassment.

Doojoon and Gikwang returned and sat beside their respective boyfriends, beginning to grill the meat as well. Dongwoon and Yoseob immediately showed the pictures to their boyfriends and all four of them started to talk about how they would plan Hyunseung and Junhyung’s wedding.

“What’s wrong with you guys?” Hyunseung wailed in misery. They all ignored him though.

“Everything, Hyunseung. Everything is wrong with them,” Junhyung replied, sounding just as miserable as the elder male did. They exchanged glances and groaned once more before deciding that they should just eat. After all, food was the best solution to your problems.

It was a good twenty minutes before the discussion about Junhyung and Hyunseung’s apparent wedding plans stopped and the four started eating. By then, Hyunseung and Junhyung were on their second plate of meat and they also took some noodles.

“You guys ate without us?!” Doojoon gasped in mock disbelief. Hyunseung rolled his eyes and purposely stuffed another piece of beef into his mouth, challenging Doojoon to complain. As expected, the elder didn’t care and just grilled more meat.

“So what are the plans for later?” Junhyung questioned. Gikwang exchanged a smirk with his boyfriend before turning back to Junhyung.

“After this, I guess we could go out for a walk and just talk. Then we’ll go to the karaoke and party!” Gikwang replied excitedly. Yoseob and Doojoon stared at Gikwang and Dongwoon. They all suddenly smiled and Hyunseung felt a chill run up his spine. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Junhyung seemed to share the same worries as he asked, “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Duh! Junhyung hyung, stop being such a worrywart!” Yoseob exclaimed with a grin. Junhyung shook his head in disapproval and took some more meat for Hyunseung. It was then that he remembered Hyunseung’s injury, but the elder male seemed to have no problems eating with a spoon. Still, Junhyung felt like he had to say something about it.

Maybe I’ll ask later, when we’re taking that walk.

With that, Junhyung continued eating. He and Hyunseung both ignored the hushed whispers by the other four, commenting that the two of them looked cute together. Nevertheless, both of them blushed lightly at their friends’ words.

It was almost an hour before they finally finished eating and by the time they were done, it was already nearly 9pm. The six thanked Yunho and his husband, Jaejoong, for the meal and once again, Yunho chided them for being so formal.

“To take a walk we go!”

 

-------------------------

 

There was a park not too far away from the hotel and Gikwang knew the place well, so he brought his friends there and the two couples automatically interlaced hands with each other. Junhyung eyed the two pairs of interlaced hands in envy and slowed down so that he was walking behind everyone. Noticing this, Hyunseung slowed down so that he was beside Junhyung. Only then did Junhyung discreetly grab Hyunseung’s hand and he smiled to himself.

“What do you guys want to do now that you’ve graduated?” Gikwang asked, loud enough for Hyunseung and Junhyung to hear. Hyunseung and Doojoon both thought about this for a moment.

“I’ll probably become a dance instructor somewhere, but I’ll find time to work at the store too,” Hyunseung decided. Junhyung sighed softly; he never thought about his ambition. He could be a barista, he could be a chef. But the problem was that he didn’t know how to be anything but a robber. It was such a part of him that he couldn’t change it.

“I’ll most likely focus on soccer. I could also play music at bars or something,” Doojoon answered. “I think I’ll just be a soccer coach though, since I used to be one of the best on the university team.”

Gikwang huffed. “I’ve never intended to attend university. But now that you mention it, I think I’ll take a degree in acting. How about Junhyung hyung and Yoseob hyung? I know Dongwoonie wants to be a model, so he can take a modelling course.”

Junhyung tensed and Hyunseung could sense it. He looked at the younger male worriedly and saw that Junhyung was reluctant to answer the question. How could he not be? He never even got the chance to go to school.

“I want to sing! I already have a degree in singing, actually. I skipped high school and did a year of foundation in university,” Yoseob shrugged, as if it were nothing big. Hyunseung stared at Yoseob and managed to stop gaping.

“Junhyung hyung, what about you then?” Gikwang asked, turning to look at Junhyung.

“I… I don’t know, actually. I can do anything,” Junhyung lied. Yoseob gave his best friend a worried glance, knowing why Junhyung didn’t know what his ambition was. He hadn’t ever been given a choice, really. He had been forced to become a robber.

“He’s a good composer though,” Yoseob added. Junhyung felt everyone’s eyes on him and he shrugged as nonchalantly as possible, saying that it was a hobby. That much was true. Junhyung had only learnt to compose to pass time.

“Not bad,” Doojoon remarked. That was the end of the conversation and the six of them just started to walk in silence. Gikwang suggested that they meet up in the hotel lobby a half hour later and walked away with Dongwoon.

Yoseob turned to his boyfriend and pouted. “Do you think they have an arcade?” he asked.

“Let’s find out,” Doojoon replied and the couple left Hyunseung and Junhyung in the park alone.

The two went to find an empty bench, which wasn’t too hard to do since it was pretty late, and sat down. Their fingers were still laced together and Hyunseung was happy just staying like that. He was suddenly reminded of something and he turned to Junhyung.

“I didn’t go over yesterday!” Hyunseung whined. Junhyung blinked at the elder male in confusion before he realised what Hyunseung was talking about.

“Oh right! Tomorrow?” Junhyung suggested. Hyunseung glared at Junhyung. “I promise!”

“Fine,” Hyunseung agreed reluctantly. Junhyung was irrationally happy that Hyunseung wanted to see his tiny house again. He was also glad that Hyunseung trusted his culinary skills so much.

“Want to go feed ducks?” Junhyung suggested, for lack of a better thing to do. He didn’t want to just sit there, because he was sure that he would die of happiness from being able to hold Hyunseung’s hand. It wasn’t everyday that he could do so. “I saw a super market near here.”

Hyunseung’s eyes lit up and he nodded excitedly.

Chuckling, Junhyung got up and led the way to the super market.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't even know how I thought of ending it like this O_O Well, I guess it could be worse ^^'

There isn't much from me today (again) but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :D

See you guys again next week! Annyeong! ^^