Excitement

You Make Me A Good Man

(A few days later)

 

“No freaking way.”

Junhyung turned to look at his stumped boyfriend and raised a brow. “What?”

Hyunseung had just finished his second shift of the day, which was also the last shift of the day. It was one of those rare days when Junhyung and Hyunseung didn’t work the exact same shifts, because Doojoon was sick. There was some rearrangement in who worked which shift, and Hyunseung ended up with the second two shifts while Junhyung ended up with the first two.

Hyunseung sputtered and pointed at the stack of books in the backseat of Junhyung’s car. “What the heck is with those?” Hyunseung asked with wide eyes. Junhyung glanced at what Hyunseung was gaping at and shrugged with a smile.

“What do you think?”

Hyunseung shook his head in disbelief and slid into the front passenger seat, waving to Gikwang and Dongwoon and waiting for Yoseob to get in. He absolutely could not believe that, in the past five hours, Junhyung could have bought that many books. He definitely couldn’t believe that the younger male was intending to read every single one of them.

Yoseob got into the back seat, in a better mood than he was days ago because the morning sickness medicine was working better than the antiemetic, even if they had the same function. Also, he was a tad bit better at dealing with his mood swings. That and the fact that his hormones weren’t on a rollercoaster ride at the moment. He furrowed his brows and picked up the book on the top of the stack, watching Junhyung as he got into the driver’s seat.

‘The Expectant Father, ‘The Pregnancy Bible’, ‘The Mother of All Baby Books’. Junhyung hyung, how many of these books did you even buy?” Yoseob asked incredulously, eyeing the impressive stack of books and trying to estimate how many books there were.

“Forty.”

Hyunseung and Yoseob both whipped their heads to look at Junhyung as if he was mad, which he probably was, Hyunseung concluded. Nobody in their right minds would buy forty pregnancy books when his boyfriend was only six weeks along.

Junhyung glanced at the two pregnant males and shrugged, continuing to drive back to Hyunseung and Doojoon’s apartment without saying anything. He had every intention to read all of those books, actually. How hard could it possibly be to read forty pregnancy books? If Junhyung could read one book in four days, he’d finish all the books by the time his baby is born. Is it bad that I’m excited to be a father? Junhyung wondered if Hyunseung wanted him to be less enthusiastic about the entire pregnancy, really.

Yoseob spent some time sifting through the books in awe, because everyone knew that Doojoon would never do something like this. Note to self: scold Doojoonie for not being as good a boyfriend and father as Junhyung hyung.

Hyunseung, on the other hand, didn’t quite know what to say. He had teased Junhyung about being overly eager to be a father six days ago, yes, but he didn’t know that Junhyung was this eager. It wasn’t that Hyunseung didn’t want Junhyung to be eager – on the contrary, he was glad that Junhyung had taken the news of the pregnancy well. No, it wasn’t that. It was just that Junhyung was more eager about the pregnancy than Hyunseung himself was, and that seemed a little ridiculous to Hyunseung because he was the one carrying the child, not Junhyung.

Not much I can do about that, though. It’s not like I can make him be the pregnant one, instead of me, Hyunseung thought with a mental shrug, ignoring the random sounds that Yoseob was making as he flipped through the first book. The younger male seemed to be relatively awed by whatever he was reading but Hyunseung was just tired and couldn’t bring himself to care about the people around him, excluding Junhyung of course.

Junhyung was rather amused by Yoseob’s amazement, having started reading the first book while waiting for Hyunseung. He’d read till the part about how to handle pregnancy symptoms, which was the third chapter if he remembered right, and knew exactly what Yoseob was reading. Talk about good memory.

Hyunseung decided that perhaps he should get some rest, so that he could stay up a little later with Junhyung later. With that thought, Hyunseung closed his eyes and let himself get some well-deserved sleep.

 

----------------------

 

Hyunseung woke up when he was set down on the couch, and he stretched while watching Junhyung walk over to the kitchen. At 1.30am, you’d expect Hyunseung to be exhausted but the five-minute power nap did wonders for the pregnant male. Junhyung was rather tired, but he would survive. Yoseob, on the other hand, had already stormed into his room, his mood taking a 180° change from before.

Hyunseung took the cup of water that Junhyung was holding to him and sat up, looking in the general direction of Doojoon’s room. He turned to Junhyung with a smile and looked back to Doojoon’s room, smiling even more widely when Junhyung got the hint and went to eavesdrop on the couple. Not long later, Hyunseung was beside him, and they both peeked into the room.

Doojoon had just been rudely woken up from his rest by a book thrown in his face. He groaned, removing the object from his field of sight and cracked an eyelid open to see Yoseob standing by the bedside, looking utterly disappointed. “What?” Doojoon asked, still a little disoriented from the fever that he’d barely recovered from.

“Read that,” Yoseob ordered. Doojoon ruffled his bed hair and picked the book up.

“It’s a pregnancy book, right?” he asked unsurely. Yoseob nodded, brows furrowed. Doojoon had no idea how he made Yoseob angry at him without even trying. How the hell am I supposed to survive the next few months, seriously?

Doojoon flipped to the first page and noticed a neatly written name at the top-right corner of the book. He instantly knew what Yoseob was pissed off about, and suppressed a sigh before closing the book and patting the space on the bed beside him. Yoseob narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend, but got into bed anyway.

“Do you honestly think that I’m not excited for this baby? I am, really, but reading isn’t my thing. I’d do better asking other people with experience,” Doojoon explained, because that much was true. Yoseob huffed and looked away from Doojoon, a pout evident on his baby face.

Hyunseung and Junhyung looked at each other and pretended to gag. It wasn’t as if they weren’t cheesy as well, but aegyo wasn’t something that either of them did often. But then again, Yoseob was a natural at aegyo. Why did they even doubt that he’d make use of his baby face?

Doojoon noticed the pout and caved immediately. Is this what the next few months are going to be like? Gosh, I think I’ll go crazy at the end of all this, Doojoon thought with a small sigh. “Alright, I’ll read up too. I’ll borrow some books from Junhyung and read up, alright?” he asked. Yoseob turned around and beamed, nodding happily and peppering kisses all over Doojoon’s face. Doojoon blinked in surprise for a few seconds before the corners of his mouth lifted upwards. Actually, I could get used to this. If giving in is what it takes to get kisses from Seobie, then bring it on.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes and walked to his own room, plopping down on his bed and waiting patiently for Junhyung to join him. It took some time for Junhyung to finally enter the room, and by then Hyunseung was nodding off as he listened to some of the songs composed by Junhyung.

“Who’s up for some reading?”

 

-----------------------

 

Several minutes of shifting around later, Hyunseung and Junhyung found a comfortable position in which both of them could read the first pregnancy book together. Well, as comfortable as two grown men in a single-sized bed could get, anyway.

Junhyung flipped to the page he’d bookmarked and Hyunseung’s eyes were fastened to bold words ‘Handling pregnancy symptoms’. He and Junhyung agreed that Doojoon definitely needed to know this, because it probably concerned Doojoon’s life and death. Hyunseung doubted that his best friend would be able to survive moody Yoseob for another seven to eight months, no matter how much he loves the younger male.

Junhyung scanned the page before putting the book away and picking up another book. Hyunseung gave the younger male a look, clearly dissatisfied. Junhyung raised his hands up in surrender. “I just figured that we should find out what our baby looks like at six weeks,” he reasoned. Hyunseung rolled his eyes but acknowledged that Junhyung had a point, and allowed him to flip to the page describing the sixth week of pregnancy.

“Oh, look. Our baby’s the size of a lentil bean,” Junhyung pointed out, and Hyunseung could detect a trace of excitement in his voice. Hyunseung had no idea what a lentil bean was, since he was never one to care too much about food that he wouldn’t eat, but he knew that it was a bean, and a bean was food. His stomach growled in response and Hyunseung turned a light shade of pink.

“I’ll get you some crackers and maybe you can continue reading,” Junhyung suggested, already rolling off the bed and heading to the kitchen. Well, there go our efforts in finding a comfortable position, Hyunseung thought with a groan, reading from where he had left off. He was, however, distracted by the picture of a six-week-old embryo. Hyunseung couldn’t make out what were the baby’s jaws, arm buds, leg buds, or eye spot. All he knew was that the baby in him now looked like the side view of a curled up fist, minus the thumb and with shorter fingers.

Junhyung returned not long after and tried to assume his previous position. Clearly it didn’t work out, and he settled for having half his body dangle off the bed. Hyunseung immediately grabbed the crackers from Junhyung and began munching on them, while Junhyung proceeded to reading the baby’s development at six weeks aloud.

“During this time, your baby is going through some distinct and visible changes. Major developments include the ears, mouth and nose, as ultrasounds are able to pick out each quite easily. The eyes and nostrils are also forming, and if seen in an ultrasound, they show up as black dots. The arms and legs of your baby look like stubs that are beginning to protrude from the body. The baby’s heartbeat is an astounding 100-160 beats per minute. The blood is circulating and the lungs, intestines, liver and pancreas are all forming and shaping. Your baby is approximately ¼ inch long, and resembles a lentil bean in a way. The baby is able to make its first movements; however, the movements are too gentle to be felt by the expectant mother,” Junhyung read before he cooed, unexpectedly. “It’s making its first movements already! Can you believe it, Seungie? Seungie?”

Junhyung looked at his boyfriend only to see that the elder male had fallen asleep right after finishing the crackers. Junhyung smiled lightly as he bookmarked the page, closed the book, and put it away. As bad as he felt for waking the pregnant male up, Hyunseung hadn’t brushed his teeth yet. So, with a ton of guilt, Junhyung shook Hyunseung awake. “Let’s brush our teeth before sleeping, alright?” he said. Hyunseung nodded groggily and let Junhyung pull him to the toilet, messily brushing his teeth before letting Junhyung drag him back to bed.

As Junhyung changed, Hyunseung fell asleep once more. The task of changing the elder was left to Junhyung yet again. Nobody could blame Hyunseung though. It was nearly 3am and, although he’d woken up late in the morning, he was pregnant. From what Junhyung knew, Yoseob had slept about an hour ago.

After changing Hyunseung out of his clothes and dumping them in the laundry basket, Junhyung turned the lights off and crawled into bed beside Hyunseung. As usual, Hyunseung automatically wrapped his arms and legs around Junhyung’s torso and abdomen, reminding the younger male of a koala. A smile crept onto Hyunseung’s face as he instinctively buried his face in Junhyung’s chest. In return, Junhyung wrapped his arms around Hyunseung, and kissed the elder goodnight.

“And goodnight to you too, lentil bean.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I actually had this done last Sunday and I was thinking of updating two chapters this week, but I was working on my other fic too so in the end, here's this one chapter >< At least it's fluffy~

To be honest, I had no idea what a lentil bean was till I looked it up ._. Well, it's a pretty tiny bean, that's all I can say XD

I hope you guys enjoyed this because fluff and Junhyung was being cute here, kinda :D

Anyways. School resumes next week and soon I'll have to go on ANOTHER hiatus, for longer this time, because final exams and I can't screw up or I might have to retake final exams as a private candidate... TT Trust me, I hate it too :/

Please be patient for that period (starting from three weeks later D:) and don't forget to support JunSeung! That's all from me now, annyeong! ^^